PDA

View Full Version : WTF, the game erased 7 players from my friend list that were locked

the_importer_
Jan 18, 2009, 10:11 PM
I had 14 out of 63 players locked and confirmed and now I only have 7 out of 56. 7 people from my list got erased, WTF is going on?

And before you ask, no, I did not erase them myself nor does anyone else have access to my NDS >_>

EDIT: Wait, they're there, but they're not there. I see them on the "Offline Friend List" but not when I want to see who's hosting a game after being connected. This is just a weird game >_>

2nd EDIT: Now they're back! I don't get this, how can Online issues happen when the data is local?

xSHiNOx
Jan 18, 2009, 10:46 PM
if you sign on and look at your list and you have fewer friends than before, just wait until it fully loads them.

Mike
Jan 19, 2009, 01:45 AM
Why this happens, I don't know but they don't actually get erased, they just don't show up. There's nothing getting erased or anything so all your friend list data and character data is safe.

Dragwind
Jan 19, 2009, 09:58 AM
I've seen this happen on some other Wifi games. It could be caused by one of a few possible issues.

Player used the cartridge on another DS system, friend codes didn't confirm, not sure of the others.

Callous
Jan 19, 2009, 11:06 AM
This exact thing happens to me too and is quite infuriating. Somehow it seems like if they are missing and I go into a random online game, they will appear once I leave the random game.

Zarode
Jan 19, 2009, 01:44 PM
Did you happen to disconnect while trying to connect to any form of WiFi game (random, with friends, alone)?

xSHiNOx
Jan 19, 2009, 03:11 PM
i wanted to play with a friend but he has "two friend codes" for this game. he says it changes when he uses the wifi at different places. wtf is that? i say it changes if you used the save data on a different ds other than yours which will result in a different friend code.

bohorano
Jan 19, 2009, 08:36 PM
I think if you press Y, it refreshes the list when you're online. Sometimes it happens to me too, but when I press Y, they come back.