PDA

View Full Version : Questions about JP PC/PS2 server

AY-Momo
Jan 19, 2009, 07:02 PM
Wondering how the population is compared to 360?

and the how far apart are updates? compared to 360

considering switching.:-?

ashley50
Jan 19, 2009, 07:07 PM
the JP servers are waaaaay ahead of the 360 servers as 360's update time is the same for us PC/PS2 users.

And population?
A lot especially when new events come out.

AY-Momo
Jan 19, 2009, 07:26 PM
I see, that helps thanks.

Could be a nice change since it'll feel like a big update to me.

buzyb77
Jan 19, 2009, 07:27 PM
Jp servers have all we have +

http://psupedia.info/Longterm_schedule

and the Population is at least 10x the 360 servers from what I hear ....

Can we get a current Population Screen from the Jp servers?

ashley50
Jan 19, 2009, 07:30 PM
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up0492.jpg

buzyb77
Jan 19, 2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up0492.jpg

24 stars thats alll? it's not prime time?.... I was thinking like 50 stars...

AY-Momo
Jan 19, 2009, 07:56 PM
lol i've never seen so many white stars

Mike
Jan 19, 2009, 08:00 PM
The population took a hit after the free period ended but the numbers are still a bit higher than this on the Friday or the weekend.

ShuttleXpC
Jan 19, 2009, 08:25 PM
That really doesn't seem like that many stars. Considering 360 usually fills up 2 servers, they are far from "spanking" the 360 server, but they do indeed rape the numbers on the US PC.

Inazuma
Jan 19, 2009, 11:38 PM
momo, can you speak japanese? there are barely any eng speaking players so unless you know japanese, i dont recommend joining

buzyb77
Jan 19, 2009, 11:40 PM
momo, can you speak japanese? there are barely any eng speaking players so unless you know japanese, i dont recommend joining

many can read English they just choose not to.

AC9breaker
Jan 20, 2009, 12:35 PM

Just type in caps and use a lot of exclamation points and then they understand.

AY-Momo
Jan 20, 2009, 03:53 PM
I know some words and can read some hiragana and katakana.(have chart too)

but thats probably not good enough x_x.

oh and can PSU run on a PC with 256 ram?lol
my pc isnt good.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 20, 2009, 08:11 PM
many can read English they just choose not to.
Or they slept during English class :P

RedRaz0r
Jan 20, 2009, 10:31 PM
I know some words and can read some hiragana and katakana.(have chart too)

but thats probably not good enough x_x.

my pc isnt good.

I know NO japanese at all and I still get by =p

If you know how to play the game then your good to go IMO

And I wouldn't know about your computer issue there, 4gb ram runs it, thats all I can say =p

Callous
Jan 21, 2009, 09:13 AM
my pc isnt good.

No. It cannot.

Adriano
Jan 21, 2009, 09:16 AM
Just type in caps and use a lot of exclamation points and then they understand.

LOL!!!

AY-Momo
Jan 21, 2009, 11:22 AM
Oh well, ps2 it is then.

oh and thats funny AC9 lol

Inazuma
Jan 21, 2009, 05:02 PM
ps2? dont even bother then. the game runs like total shit on the ps2 and it completely ruins everything. i see players complaining about being on the ps2 ver all the time.

computers are very cheap right now. i bet you could get a pc that runs psu pretty damn well for well under $1k, maybe more like $700.

moomoopenguin
Jan 21, 2009, 11:33 PM

That's funny Inazuma because I seemed to have done fine on he Japanese servers and barely know how to read any Japanese at all.

The population is a little over the 360 servers at peak JAPANESE HOURS, which are around (as the charts indicate) 11:00am est.

Make a effort when speaking to the other players even if it is in English. If you try they mainly respect you for trying or find it funny. Just search the internet for useful Japanese phrases, and it should bring up a few good websites, add to quicktabs and you're good.

edit: If you know someone who can upgrade your computer it would cost half the price of buying a new one.

RedRaz0r
Jan 22, 2009, 12:03 PM
That's funny Inazuma because I seemed to have done fine on he Japanese servers and barely know how to read any Japanese at all.

The population is a little over the 360 servers at peak JAPANESE HOURS, which are around (as the charts indicate) 11:00am est.

Make a effort when speaking to the other players even if it is in English. If you try they mainly respect you for trying or find it funny. Just search the internet for useful Japanese phrases, and it should bring up a few good websites, add to quicktabs and you're good.

edit: If you know someone who can upgrade your computer it would cost half the price of buying a new one.

this is all true, just don't play ps2