PDA

View Full Version : New PSU Title Update this Tuesday at @ 10 PM PST

RubyEclipse
Jan 19, 2009, 09:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I just got word that tonight's maintenance is being moved to later this week. More info to come very soon, including a specific date and time and what everyone is waiting to hear - the details of the maintenance. :)

Update: http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=96629

Thanks!

xBladeM6x
Jan 19, 2009, 09:25 PM
Grrr... You should tell us what it is. :P

Oh well. Sounds good, even though I have to do homework for like a billion hours tonight. =.=;

ZyphNeko
Jan 19, 2009, 09:39 PM
Sheesh. Just can't make up their minds, eh? And why can't they ever explain what they're doing with all of these maintanences anyway? Blah.
Oh well. Time for another average all-nighter, then...

Neko~

Yamishira
Jan 19, 2009, 09:43 PM
Hardly suprising, but thanks for the update Mr Ruby :)

Rambo!
Jan 19, 2009, 09:59 PM
YAY even the maintenance gets rolled back, I get to experience lvl 41 techs for another few days

or weeks....

Chuck_Norris
Jan 19, 2009, 10:01 PM
or months....

Fix'd.

RubyEclipse
Jan 19, 2009, 10:06 PM
Update!

Maintenance is now locked in for all servers (360 and PC/Ps2) starting tomorrow at 10 PM Pacific Time.

We are going to announce details (quite literally) in a matter of minutes. :) Stay tuned.

Vman
Jan 19, 2009, 10:12 PM
it's gettin' sad...

DesuJet
Jan 19, 2009, 10:15 PM
Wait, so you move the maintenance to Tuesday 11 p.m. Pacific?!? Your details better be damn good or I'm gonna pull the plug on my subscription until you guys get your shit straight.

RubyEclipse
Jan 19, 2009, 10:19 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=96629

:)

pokefiend
Jan 19, 2009, 10:23 PM
ruby just to let you know that in the title it says dec. 20 not jan. 20

RubyEclipse
Jan 19, 2009, 10:25 PM
ruby just to let you know that in the title it says dec. 20 not jan. 20
I think Ed wishes it was still Christmas. :) I've had to shatter his hope for another round of gifts, thanks for spotting!

Arika
Jan 19, 2009, 10:30 PM
TECH display has been changed in order to prevent graphical slowdown. If a skill over level 30 is used, the level 21 skill effect will still be displayed. hmm... so it is coming...

bad news for all MasterForce around the world to use lv 10 buff and lv 21 attack tect for the all of their life, and nobody could stop it <,<

..megid! >,<!!
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/253/psu20080413133300035cr9.jpg

str898mustang
Jan 19, 2009, 10:30 PM
Any info about the "rare mission appearing in solo play"? I'd like to know about this since I tend to solo alot.

Africa
Jan 19, 2009, 10:31 PM
noooo the tech nerf !!!!! i guess i'll be on my gunner from now on a lot more...sigh

Tyreek
Jan 19, 2009, 10:31 PM
Looks like we get the update that prevents booting during the end of missions. Well done. AND the photon charge update! I'm saddened about the TECH nerf, but meh, I'll live.

Yunfa
Jan 19, 2009, 10:32 PM
GRAPHIC TECH NERF! Alas after lvling everything to 50, my Masterforce will go back to a Fortecher.

Kylie
Jan 19, 2009, 10:33 PM
You moved it? :disapprove: Tell us what this is already, you sly devils!

EDIT: Oh wait. This is what I was expecting, but I really have no complaints.

I wish the TECH nerf was optional, but I'd probably take advantage of it either way.

Xaeris
Jan 19, 2009, 10:35 PM
• Photon Point changes:
-Update to PP recovery on all items.
-Changed the way Photon Charge usage affects single handed weapons: using a charge will now charge weapons in both hands to 100%, instead of just 50%.

Holla.

Tetsaru
Jan 19, 2009, 10:37 PM
Hmm... bunch of random technical aspects being addressed, which is nice, I guess, but no new content... I would've loved to have seen The Arms Dealer or the Lightning Carnival finally show up. =/

And BOOOO to the tech visual nerf. I REALLY hope it's optional, because I actually LIKE seeing other techers cast cool-looking high level techs. Nerfing the visuals to mid-levels just seems like a lazy fix only Segac could come up with, plus I find it demoralizing to all the techers who took the time to get their techs to such high levels. =/

Africa
Jan 19, 2009, 10:40 PM
forte gets it to... psu hates techers its true

Tyreek
Jan 19, 2009, 10:50 PM
• Photon Point changes:
-Changed the way Photon Charge usage affects single handed weapons: using a charge will now charge weapons in both hands to 100%, instead of just 50%.

Holla.

Holla back! WOOT!

McLaughlin
Jan 19, 2009, 10:54 PM
Half of the Technics are worse at 21 than they are at 31. >_>

I'm happy about the Photon Charge change and the rare mission alert thing though.

NDW
Jan 19, 2009, 10:57 PM
I'm totally psyched for this! :D

stukasa
Jan 19, 2009, 11:00 PM
Yay to the Photon Charge and rare mission changes, boo to the tech visual nerf. Actually, I don't mind the nerf that much. This way I won't feel guilty spamming techs all over the place with my MF. :p Still, I wish it was optional, at least for PC users...

xBladeM6x
Jan 19, 2009, 11:01 PM
hmm... so it is coming...

bad news for all MasterForce around the world to use lv 10 buff and lv 21 attack tect for the all of their life, and nobody could stop it <,<

..megid! >,<!!
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/253/psu20080413133300035cr9.jpg
*Drools*

Gib?

Tyreek
Jan 19, 2009, 11:02 PM
Yeah, it really should be optional. Didn't SEGA have an option update at one time?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 19, 2009, 11:03 PM
Why are they changing the ruby bullet shot noise to what the varista sounds like?
I mean the noise can be annoying sometime but why make have a noise of an already made weapon o.o

Also

"Fixed a bug with PA experience value update. "
What is this referrin to???? What was wrong with it?

beatrixkiddo
Jan 19, 2009, 11:07 PM
For anyone who cannot view the official PSU forums:

Hello, GUARDIANS!

There will be a special maintenance & server downtime scheduled for this Tuesday, Jan. 20th, in order to apply a Title Update and patch to both the PC/PS2 and XBox 360 versions of the game (full details below).

Servers will be taken down for maintenance at approximately 10:00 PM in order to apply the update. Thank you for your patience while this is being performed!

Title Update - Details

• Changed the way Party Member dismissal works in missions: It is now impossible to remove players between “Trial End” and “Mission End.”

• Changed the way Rare Free Missions work for parties:
-All party members with AOTI installed will all now be notified of a Rare Mission becoming available as soon as the previous mission is completed.
-The calculation for a Rare Free Mission appearing in Solo Play has been changed.

• New items added to shops which are the same as multiple existing items in a user’s shop will automatically be priced at the highest amount already listed. For example: if a user already has 10 of a particular weapon in their shop at 500,000 meseta and adds another of that same weapon, its initial price will automatically be set to 500,000 meseta.

• TECH display has been changed in order to prevent graphical slowdown. If a skill over level 30 is used, the level 21 skill effect will still be displayed.

• Photon Point changes:

• Party list in mission counter changes:
Available parties are preferentially listed when selecting “Join to other party”. And the parties are listed in order of newly joining mission or party status update other than dismissing party members.

• General Bug Fixes:
-Fixed a glitch with the rate of fire for the Machine Gun.
-Fixed a bug in receiving Ethan Waber’s partner card after completing the “Photon Harvest” mission.
-Fixed a problem where the color for price of “Change face type” in make over room was not changed.
-Fixed a shoot sound where “Ruby Bullet” was the same as “Varista”.
-Fixed inadequate behavior of field traps in a certain process at “Rogues' Shortcut”.
-Fixed slow down when users skip a certain enemy in the mission “Sacred Stream”.
-Fixed a bug with PA experience value update.
-A number of bugs for Version 1 (non-expansion) users have been addressed:
1. Fixed an issue with the display of Partner Machinery “GH470”, “GH480” and “GH490” which were not showing up correctly for ver. 1 users.
2. Fixed an issue where ver. 1 users were incorrectly seeing the graphical action for “Bukuu Saien-zan” as the lobby action “Question”.

>

Xaeris
Jan 19, 2009, 11:09 PM
I can't help but wonder what the PA exp issue that was fixed entailed. I bet that crossbows never got the exp cut. Sure feels like it.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 19, 2009, 11:09 PM
Yay, tech visual! :D Now I can play with techers again!

EspioKaos
Jan 19, 2009, 11:18 PM
hmm... so it is coming...

Still got my fingers crossed that 追加アップデート will add an option for PC users to display all TECHNICs at their full loveliness. :>

Any info about the "rare mission appearing in solo play"? I'd like to know about this since I tend to solo alot.

According to the original JP update notes on this, the number of players in a party no longer has an effect on your chances of getting a rare mission. So solo or full party, you have the same odds.

buzyb77
Jan 19, 2009, 11:23 PM
buzyb77, eat your heart out.

I like the TECH nerf. I wish it was optional, but now it won't be nearly as laggy =D

um odds are SEGAC Submitted This MONTHS ago 3 times at least to M$. Tuesday tends to be Patch day for M$.... this has little to nothing to do with Segac as they only added all the Stuff In a packet I said they would AS IT REQUIRED a TITLE UPDATE....

Sega Submmitted all this stuff WEEKS ago... I am not going to give Sega an "A" for turning in their report a months after they said that their dog ate it....

Am I glad it here Yes... Do I believe that it Should have been done Correct the 1st 3 times it was submmited to M$.... Read my posts and figure it out...

Here is my Packet thread...

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156027

my Prediction from that thread on 12-28- 2008

Packet 2

Photon Charges will be modified so that when used from the action palette on two single-handed weapons, instead of replenishing only 50% of the max PP of each weapon, it will refill all PP for each weapon

Attack TECHNIC visuals will be adjusted at LV31+ so that only the caster will see the effect. Everyone else will see the TECHNIC in its LV21-30 form.

The method of finding a rare mission will be modified as follows:
Any party member can receive a rare mission; it is no longer exclusive to the leader.
When a party member receives a rare mission, a message will be displayed on the screens of all party members to say who received the mission.
Eligible players must be in the field at the time of a mission's end.
Eligible players must have been a part of the party for at least 80% of the total mission time.
The number of people in a party will no longer affect the chances of receiving a rare mission.

To help combat clear/boss box booting, the party leader loses the right to remove a player from the party after a trial has been cleared

As all this will ( odds are) require a title update

Noblewine
Jan 19, 2009, 11:27 PM
I'm looking forward to these updates. =D
I wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonigh.

buzyb77
Jan 19, 2009, 11:34 PM
I'm looking forward to these updates. =D
I wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonigh.

you should it's not till tomorrow...Take some OTC sleep aid or Go work out....not outside as it's too cold.... also it's not that big of a deal it's mostly fixes...

Noblewine
Jan 19, 2009, 11:37 PM
also it's not that big of a deal it's mostly fixes...

If you say so, when I get back on after work I can't wait to see the changes.

buzyb77
Jan 19, 2009, 11:44 PM
If you say so, when I get back on after work I can't wait to see the changes.

again the Update will be done on Wed for most of us

10pm PST tues is 1am EST Wed, 12am Wed CST, 11pm MST tues......

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

caculate 4 yourself

DreXxiN
Jan 19, 2009, 11:49 PM
I like how the front page says december 20th.

Africa
Jan 19, 2009, 11:51 PM
1 a.m. e.s.t the only timezone that matters, a la it's the standard they should use over p.s.t which isn't known by most people and annoying to subtract 3 hours at those times. point use e.s.t

Shinko
Jan 19, 2009, 11:54 PM
Mm... i thought the maintenance was going on now. If not then why do it say it is when i log in -.-

TheUpstreamer
Jan 20, 2009, 12:25 AM
O baby @ the single hand weapon photon charge thing. That's gonna be sick.

Xaeris
Jan 20, 2009, 12:37 AM
1 a.m. e.s.t the only timezone that matters, a la it's the standard they should use over p.s.t which isn't known by most people and annoying to subtract 3 hours at those times. point use e.s.t

The servers are located in the Pacific time zone, thus, they use PST.

Ramadonis
Jan 20, 2009, 12:40 AM
So, techs at 31+ are gonna take the look of 21+. Is that just for other players seeing the tech or techer as well? From what the site says, it sounds like 31+ looks are going bye bye....>_>

Please...I pray I'm wrong.

Xaeris
Jan 20, 2009, 12:44 AM
Everyone but the person casting the tech sees a tier 3 tech. The caster sees whatever they normally see.

Africa
Jan 20, 2009, 12:47 AM
The servers are located in the Pacific time zone, thus, they use PST.

yeah but most people use e.s.t as a standard thus the reasoning behind what i said. look at the ads and such on tv for anything that airs in primetime.E.S.T is the standard.

buzyb77
Jan 20, 2009, 12:55 AM
yeah but most people use e.s.t as a standard thus the reasoning behind what i said. look at the ads and such on tv for anything that airs in primetime.E.S.T is the standard.

Hate to Burst your Bubble but most networks Have 2 feeds one EST/CST and the other MST/PST.... loke Cartoon Network East and Cartoon Network West or HBO East and HBO West... Look at Direct TV channels

ngagerebel
Jan 20, 2009, 01:08 AM
Wait, so you move the maintenance to Tuesday 11 p.m. Pacific?!? Your details better be damn good or I'm gonna pull the plug on my subscription until you guys get your shit straight.

WAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE....

whoo had to edit my post totally mis understood one of the updates... WHOOO.... anyways...

Reads quotes again....

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN NNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE

Clunker
Jan 20, 2009, 01:15 AM
Does anyone have any idea what the effect of this update portion will be about?

• Photon Point changes:

I've been following the various JP update posts here and at the official site, and I don't recall any info about a PP recovery change...

Anyone know what the change(s) will be?

Gen2000
Jan 20, 2009, 01:20 AM
Been waiting on the Photon Charge update for a long time, even though I won't get much use out of it now that I don't play Fighgunner/Fortegunner as much nowadays...my Acrotecher will really love it.

Africa
Jan 20, 2009, 01:27 AM
Hate to Burst your Bubble but most networks Have 2 feeds one EST/CST and the other MST/PST.... loke Cartoon Network East and Cartoon Network West or HBO East and HBO West... Look at Direct TV channels

news networks or most primetime programming...watch it and see. and satellite works on it's own little scheme so ---hate to burst your bubble but satellite is not a major factor in how these things are standardized in general.

Alnet
Jan 20, 2009, 01:29 AM
Photon Charge update? Excellent. And the party listing thing sounds like a good idea too. I was just thinking about this the other day.

A lot of those "General Bug Fixes" sound pretty random and hilarious, though. The Bukuu Saien-zan one is my favorite.

"How are you hurting them with 'Question'!?"
"Oh, it's an Expansion-only PA."

xBladeM6x
Jan 20, 2009, 01:46 AM
"How are you hurting them with 'Question'!?"
"Oh, it's an Expansion-only PA."
xD Epic Win. lol

Criss
Jan 20, 2009, 02:15 AM
The photon charge fix is a godsend for me as a GT player, but the tech visuals gimp really is a letdown, especially for those with PCs good enough to handle it. Really needs an option to disable that.

Arika
Jan 20, 2009, 02:17 AM
Nobody is going to try some cool combine tech screen shot before they nerf it?

ShuttleXpC
Jan 20, 2009, 02:36 AM
Does anyone have any idea what the effect of this update portion will be about?

• Photon Point changes:

I've been following the various JP update posts here and at the official site, and I don't recall any info about a PP recovery change...

Anyone know what the change(s) will be?

This is the update where all weapons (not just the one you have equipped) regenerate PP as you stand around. Its quite awesome.

Wavey
Jan 20, 2009, 02:38 AM
I was just wondering, has the update been completed yet? I am in the UK and the maintanence times confuse me :)

Also a question about the solo percentage of seeing a rare mission. Has this percentage increased or decreased? A little confused.

xzidanex
Jan 20, 2009, 02:49 AM
I was just wondering, has the update been completed yet? I am in the UK and the maintanence times confuse me :)

Also a question about the solo percentage of seeing a rare mission. Has this percentage increased or decreased? A little confused.

The servers go down in about 23 hours from now, so no, it's not done yet. And as for the rare mission, I'm not sure XD

jayster
Jan 20, 2009, 03:04 AM
This update really isn't that exciting. I don't know what everyones getting all worked up about?

Tyreek
Jan 20, 2009, 03:36 AM
This is the update where all weapons (not just the one you have equipped) regenerate PP as you stand around. Its quite awesome.

O....M....G That is benificial to the max.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jan 20, 2009, 03:37 AM
I wonder what exactly they're doing to the mechgun though...thats like my favorite gun that isnt an X bow...

Vent
Jan 20, 2009, 03:49 AM
Like wow. They're skipping a lot of other stuff to get these updates to us. Sounds awesome, especially those involving PP.

About that Bukuu Saien-zan bug. I was playing Fortetecher when MAG was still around. Sometimes, I switch weapons really fast and push a button (for example, Gibarta) at the same time. My character would also do the 'question' animation while the Gibarta animation appears at the same time (and doing damage). I'm not sure how to reproduce the glitch, since I haven't had it since MAG. And I'm playing AotI.

EMPYREAN
Jan 20, 2009, 03:49 AM
well, the photon charge uppdate is realy nice but soooooooooo dissapointed aboute the tech visual nerf as my comp dont have any issues whit lv41 techs.

Rayokarna
Jan 20, 2009, 04:46 AM
The most exciting thing about that update is the visual tech nerf. About time.

joefro
Jan 20, 2009, 05:43 AM
I wonder what exactly they're doing to the mechgun though...thats like my favorite gun that isnt an X bow...
I think they will fix the mechgun glitch on 360.

KuroShinnen
Jan 20, 2009, 07:10 AM
I'm actually most excited about the whole way to find a rare mission. I solo a lot, so I rarely get one, but with this update, it will be much easier.

Dragwind
Jan 20, 2009, 07:12 AM
I hope the chance of finding rare missions while soloing is raised.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 20, 2009, 07:18 AM
Doing runs with your PM means solo play? (i mean if the game takes it as soloing, for us of course is solo play XDD)

ashley50
Jan 20, 2009, 07:47 AM
The most exciting thing about that update is the visual tech nerf. About time.

I hear Ya ;p
I don't have to worry about MFs joining parties now since of the visual nerf XD.

Cracka_J
Jan 20, 2009, 08:39 AM
This update really isn't that exciting. I don't know what everyones getting all worked up about?

lol, glad I didn't say it. God knows the forum trolls love having field days with me.

All this update really does is give me more motivation to leave/break next month when SFIV comes out. Since this is all just system updates, and again, no real content, there's not much reason to stay when I'll have a 100% lvl/PA capped MF/FM.

With a fighter that looks as damn good as SFIV does, hopefully coupled with the online play of HDremix, there will have to be something BIG to keep me with PSU. Seeing how many times carnival has been pushed back now, I'm really not expecting much.

jayster
Jan 20, 2009, 10:03 AM
lol, glad I didn't say it. God knows the forum trolls love having field days with me.

All this update really does is give me more motivation to leave/break next month when SFIV comes out. Since this is all just system updates, and again, no real content, there's not much reason to stay when I'll have a 100% lvl/PA capped MF/FM.

With a fighter that looks as damn good as SFIV does, hopefully coupled with the online play of HDremix, there will have to be something BIG to keep me with PSU. Seeing how many times carnival has been pushed back now, I'm really not expecting much.

lol well I like being brutally honest. I don't care what others think of me. Thing is, this update will happen and I probably won't notice it besides a little less slow down with techers.

Vent
Jan 20, 2009, 10:11 AM
Well like...you should be honest? xD Nothing wrong with stating your opinion, if your intention is purely sharing that opinion. Nothing 'brutal' about that. :D

Also, you're lying if you say you don't care what people think of you. Then again, it's on the internet. You can make as many 'yourselves' as you want.

PepperCat
Jan 20, 2009, 10:24 AM
I'm buying a 360 just for SFIV... :o

Ryno
Jan 20, 2009, 10:51 AM
so that means if i have level 50 spells would they display level 21 when players are viewing my spells? i hope not. because i worked hard to make it to 50 and put hours into it and to show it off...lol

Cracka_J
Jan 20, 2009, 10:52 AM
I'm buying a 360 just for SFIV... :o

Good. Then I can at least beat you down in something competitive :P

and edit:

so that means if i have level 50 spells would they display level 21 when players are viewing my spells? i hope not. because i worked hard to make it to 50 and put hours into it and to show it off...lol

that's exactly what it means...
have you not read any of the 100's of tech nerf baww threads?

amtalx
Jan 20, 2009, 11:00 AM
Tech nerf + MGG fix (maybe...)

FUX YES.

buzyb77
Jan 20, 2009, 11:06 AM
news networks or most primetime programming...watch it and see. and satellite works on it's own little scheme so ---hate to burst your bubble but satellite is not a major factor in how these things are standardized in general.

With News Networks it Because of WHERE THEY are located....I work in TV...so I see many Feeds an Promos...

Ryno
Jan 20, 2009, 11:09 AM
Good. Then I can at least beat you down in something competitive :P

and edit:

that's exactly what it means...
have you not read any of the 100's of tech nerf baww threads?

I dont mind MF getting Nerf what about support Acrotecher spells? are those spells getting nerf to dispaying 21 as well? like reverser, Resta etc

Vent
Jan 20, 2009, 11:27 AM
Hmm good question. Support techs barely lag right? It would make sense that they aren't downgraded.

Also, it isn't Masterforces getting nerfed, it's the tech animation getting 'fixed' so they don't lag (mainly) the PS2 players. Even if the support techs get downgraded, it shouldn't ruin your enjoyment much of supporting. ;-)

Golto
Jan 20, 2009, 11:29 AM
Umm is the ps2 version supposed to d/l a new system file for these changes? It didn't d/l a new one for me.

stukasa
Jan 20, 2009, 11:32 AM
Wait, so ST gave us these new Master classes which use more PP, now they're making it easier to recover PP? Did JP players complain about using too many Photon Charges or something? Whatever, I'll take it! :lol:

@Golto: The update is tonight. o.o

Ryno
Jan 20, 2009, 11:36 AM
Hmm good question. Support techs barely lag right? It would make sense that they aren't downgraded.

Also, it isn't Masterforces getting nerfed, it's the tech animation getting 'fixed' so they don't lag (mainly) the PS2 players. Even if the support techs get downgraded, it shouldn't ruin your enjoyment much of supporting. ;-)

yes they rarely lag thats why i see in party comment "join no MF"
so i join and im a support acrotecher with level 50 buffs level 50 debuffs and level 50 reverser and resta and megistar....lol
and my attack spells are just 30

i hope the support spells dont view as 21 as well....

if they do do it.. ( whatever.. )at least when playing in a mission you can see it that its level 41+ but you know it will makes me hardly play psu now......... since they did the view as level 21
and this is my only character.

Golto
Jan 20, 2009, 11:44 AM
Wait, so ST gave us these new Master classes which use more PP, now they're making it easier to recover PP? Did JP players complain about using too many Photon Charges or something? Whatever, I'll take it! :lol:

@Golto: The update is tonight. o.o

Ok they first said it was going to be around 11pm on 1-19.

Neith
Jan 20, 2009, 11:45 AM
There goes the only reason I had left to touch Masterforce.

<3 Fortetecher again :wacko:

Nice to see the Photon Charge update/Rare Mission update though. Saves me checking after every damn mission :lol:

Ezodagrom
Jan 20, 2009, 11:48 AM
yes they rarely lag thats why i see in party comment "join no MF"
so i join and im a support acrotecher with level 50 buffs level 50 debuffs and level 50 reverser and resta and megistar....lol
and my attack spells are just 30

i hope the support spells dont view as 21 as well....

if they do do it.. ( whatever.. )at least when playing in a mission you can see it that its level 41+ but you know it will makes me hardly play psu now......... since they did the view as level 21
and this is my only character.

Support techs aren't affected by the visual tech nerf, only attack techs ^^.

Ryno
Jan 20, 2009, 11:56 AM
Support techs aren't affected by the visual tech nerf, only attack techs ^^.

oh ok thats good to hear, but i'll still double check later on after the update with a friend to see if he still sees my support spells as 50 instead of 21 =D

Calsetes
Jan 20, 2009, 12:31 PM
Oh man, and I just ordered myself the Holy Grail of Video Cards a few days ago (well, not quite the best, but it's a Nvidia 295+ series, better than my 8800 GS). Oh well, at least I can go back to playing at high-res and not worry about massive slowdown in normal conditions.

Also, anyone know what exactly the "Title Screen Update" is? Are they adding stuff to the actual title screen, or is it going to be one of those little things like "online interactions not rated by the ESRB, and may contain horribly spelled profanity in an attempt to bypass our filters, that block out regular words half the time for no reason"?

Kinako78
Jan 20, 2009, 12:32 PM
Photon Charge update! \o/

And why is everyone complaining about the tech nerf? It only changes the animation for other players, not the power of the techs. So MF to your heart's content, if you want.

ShuttleXpC
Jan 20, 2009, 12:40 PM
Photon Charge update! \o/

And why is everyone complaining about the tech nerf? It only changes the animation for other players, not the power of the techs. So MF to your heart's content, if you want.

You know how certain people are. Its not the size of your techs, its how you use them. hehe o.o;

landman
Jan 20, 2009, 12:55 PM
Hey everyone,

I just got word that tonight's maintenance is being moved to later this week. More info to come very soon, including a specific date and time and what everyone is waiting to hear - the details of the maintenance. :)

Update: http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=96629

Thanks!
Ok I haven't read the full thread... but any date/time confirmed yet?? and sorry I dont know what time shows the forum and don't know when was that edited, but it's clearly not my regional time lol

Clunker
Jan 20, 2009, 12:59 PM
O....M....G That is benificial to the max.

O.O! WHAT!! Seriously?

That's a HUGE improvement to weapons' use! I don't know how I missed the notation in the JP Update threads, but this is a fantastic update, if so. So not only will Photon charges work 'reasonably', but ALL weapons, not just the ones in-hand, will recharge while in-mission?

YES!

Calsetes
Jan 20, 2009, 01:07 PM
I'm... not so sure about all weapons recharging while in-mission. That sounds a little "too good to be true" to me. I do know that a photon charge being used with 2 weapons equipped at once (saber/handgun, etc.) will refill both, which is good and bad (I personally think having them set up to refill half of both was better just because it's two weapons, and you could use one while the other was recharging, but that's just personal preference).

Still, if they made it so all palletted weapons recharged all the time, it would be pretty sweet for people like me. I don't use charges, except in "emergency" situations, and just prefer to use a few weapons until they're dead, then stick to one using regular attacks and Photon Arts. With this, I could randomly switch back, kill a weapon again, then go back to my first weapon. Nice, but it does make the game a bit easier, which is (again) both a good thing and a bad thing...

EDIT: Yeah, the first time I threw in a non-Blu Ray movie and saw that it looked like a "live feed" as opposed to a "filtered feed" (i.e. the news or a soap opera versus something like House or Monk), I almost messed myself. Thank god for them "techmalogical meer-a-culls."

ShuttleXpC
Jan 20, 2009, 01:19 PM
I'm... not so sure about all weapons recharging while in-mission. That sounds a little "too good to be true" to me. I do know that a photon charge being used with 2 weapons equipped at once (saber/handgun, etc.) will refill both, which is good and bad (I personally think having them set up to refill half of both was better just because it's two weapons, and you could use one while the other was recharging, but that's just personal preference).

Still, if they made it so all palletted weapons recharged all the time, it would be pretty sweet for people like me. I don't use charges, except in "emergency" situations, and just prefer to use a few weapons until they're dead, then stick to one using regular attacks and Photon Arts. With this, I could randomly switch back, kill a weapon again, then go back to my first weapon. Nice, but it does make the game a bit easier, which is (again) both a good thing and a bad thing...

EDIT: Yeah, the first time I threw in a non-Blu Ray movie and saw that it looked like a "live feed" as opposed to a "filtered feed" (i.e. the news or a soap opera versus something like House or Monk), I almost messed myself. Thank god for them "techmalogical meer-a-culls."

Just head to PSupedia page, it has all the future system updates we are getting, and this is the one in the new update coming, Regenerate PP on weapons you don't have equipped.

EspioKaos
Jan 20, 2009, 01:36 PM
Just head to PSupedia page, it has all the future system updates we are getting, and this is the one in the new update coming, Regenerate PP on weapons you don't have equipped.
We've never had that feature listed, and to be honest, I'm just a bit skeptical about it. Reason being, I follow the JP system updates fairly well, yet I don't recall anything like that happening. The only thing that comes to mind is a recent-ish adjustment made to the PP regeneration rate of rifles.

Until we have some official confirmation, I'm leaving this item listed in our update notes as "all weapons have received adjustments to their PP recovery rate." It's vague, but so was the source. :lol:

Now, if it turns out that all weapons on your palette will recharge regardless of if they're in use, I'd love it. I tend to chew right through all of my weapons' PP as a Masterforce. >_<

Clunker
Jan 20, 2009, 01:45 PM
We've never had that feature listed, and to be honest, I'm just a bit skeptical about it. Reason being, I follow the JP system updates fairly well, yet I don't recall anything like that happening. The only thing that comes to mind is a recent-ish adjustment made to the PP regeneration rate of rifles.

Until we have some official confirmation, I'm leaving this item listed in our update notes as "all weapons have received adjustments to their PP recovery rate." It's vague, but so was the source. :lol:

Now, if it turns out that all weapons on your palette will recharge regardless of if they're in use, I'd love it. I tend to chew right through all of my weapons' PP as a Masterforce. >_<

A-ha! I *knew* I'd not seen this item on previous JP Update notes - but what WAS the Rifle PP regen adjustment in JP? Some how I've missed what the actual effect of that change was.

(Here's hoping that we DO get 'all palette weapons recharge' !!)

MrPOW
Jan 20, 2009, 02:12 PM
Holy crap, are they actually fixing the Sacred Stream slowdown bug? Finally? Better late than never I guess :D. Am I like the only person excited about this?

Powder Keg
Jan 20, 2009, 02:15 PM
So the question everyone is waiting to get answered....is it safe to play without any bugs? :D

Cracka_J
Jan 20, 2009, 02:40 PM
So the question everyone is waiting to get answered....is it safe to play without any bugs? :D

SAY HALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND

[spoiler-box]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh101/jimlap13/DE-ROL-BACK.jpg[/spoiler-box]

ShuttleXpC
Jan 20, 2009, 02:51 PM
SAY HALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND

[spoiler-box]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh101/jimlap13/DE-ROL-BACK.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Nice job there -.- lol.

desturel
Jan 20, 2009, 02:54 PM
Holy crap, are they actually fixing the Sacred Stream slowdown bug? Finally? Better late than never I guess :D. Am I like the only person excited about this?

I'd be more excited if they would confirm that it is indeed the Robot slowdown that is being fixed. The way it's worded "when a certain creature is skipped" makes me think that it's not. Also why single out Sacred Stream when there are at least 5 missions affected by this bug?

Magician
Jan 20, 2009, 03:16 PM
As primarily a hybrid class player, I love the photon charge update.

I dig the 41+ offensive tech nerf as well.

I don't like fighting in bullet-time all the time when there's a MF around spamming Ra-techs.

EspioKaos
Jan 20, 2009, 03:29 PM
A-ha! I *knew* I'd not seen this item on previous JP Update notes - but what WAS the Rifle PP regen adjustment in JP? Some how I've missed what the actual effect of that change was.

Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly. Either that or I'm just not searching far enough back. I've been through the past four months of JP update notes, but I can't find this one detail. If I manage to track it down, I'll post it, though.

Calsetes
Jan 20, 2009, 03:55 PM
I thought they were increasing the regen rate of Yohmei rifles. Maybe that was in an earlier update that we already got though, so don't take that as truth. I just remember something along those lines.

Gen2000
Jan 20, 2009, 04:10 PM

Some people play Hybrid classes. Photon Charge update was long overdue.

Svaltus
Jan 20, 2009, 04:39 PM
Bad news and everybody abandoned Masterforces! lol

I think i will take break for MasterForce too at least i have my all techs in level 41+ and not interest for take level 50 techs now after know nerf!

Working in Fortetechers, buffs level 40, and level up my Mastergunner and Fighmaster now! :)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 20, 2009, 05:06 PM
Espio can you explain the "Fixed a bug with PA experience value update." to me?

I heard a few people say that when the PA experience boost orginally came out in time it "slowly" went back to how it was before that.

But to me its all rumors until confirmed :P

See I wouldnt know if its true or not becuase at the time I was mainly a fighter and a little bit after that i went gunner.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 21, 2009, 08:10 PM
The rare mission announce banner doesn't seem to be working.