PDA

View Full Version : Noob.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 20, 2009, 01:09 AM
This word annoys me to no end.

Noob: Ignorant ass/money begger/idiot.

Newb: New guy.

Get your shit straight.

Or at least just call them idiots. Noob just sounds like a word from Runescape, and I don't EVER want to look at that game again.

This isn't an accurate name to call someone because they have this weapon or this skill. MAYBE THEY LIKE THE FUCKING THING OR HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO UPGRADE, DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT?

Sorry, not very extensive in my typing.

Syl
Jan 20, 2009, 01:41 AM
Protip: They're the same word. They even sound the same. No, that w doesn't make a difference.

Tomatoe tomatoh however...

Chuck_Norris
Jan 20, 2009, 02:04 AM
Protip: They're the same word. They even sound the same. No, that w doesn't make a difference.

Tomatoe tomatoh however...

...No, they're not. They're two totally different words. >_>

That's like saying "Car" and "Care" are the same word, and adding an E to the end doesn't change anything.

UnderscoreX
Jan 20, 2009, 03:16 AM
You call new guys Scrubs, and Retards Retards.
Much easier system.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 20, 2009, 04:45 AM
Much easier system.

You've got "Scrub" wrong too. The word Scrub is generally refering to people in fighting games who like to spam the same few moves over and over. Can also be called a "Noob".

UnderscoreX
Jan 20, 2009, 05:27 AM
You're right Scrub is only used in fighting games and absolutely nothing else.

Syl
Jan 20, 2009, 06:02 AM

That's like saying "Car" and "Care" are the same word, and adding an E to the end doesn't change anything.

You best be trollin' son.

Noob = leet speak version of newbie, which when shortened, is newb. Everyone used to use newb online ages ago, but that some how adapted to noob, probably from people hearing it and thinking you spelled it as noob instead of newb. Like I said, they sound the same... unless you pronounce them differently.

Sure, noob applies more directly to games, but it gets the same message across. Like all leet speak, it comes off much more offensively and usually means more than just being new to something. If anything, if you get called either one it's pretty obvious why. Having any discrepancies is just over dramatic and noobish (lol i r made funneh).

But yeah, it's like comparing ketchup to catsup.

lrn2internets

Retehi
Jan 20, 2009, 06:22 AM
Oh yeah, we got a real battle of wits here.

Syl
Jan 20, 2009, 07:44 AM
It's urbandictionary all up in hur.

...though my post needs to be more melodramatic/sarcastic <_<;

Kylie
Jan 20, 2009, 10:21 AM
Much easier system.
Lowbies and idiots. :yes:

Outrider
Jan 20, 2009, 01:16 PM
Lowbies and idiots. :yes:

No, I'm pretty sure everybody involved in that kind of situation would be an idiot.

And I'm not just talking about the people those terms are being used against.

Kylie
Jan 20, 2009, 01:41 PM
No, I'm pretty sure everybody involved in that kind of situation would be an idiot.

And I'm not just talking about the people those terms are being used against.
I was just saying that that's what I call low-level people and stupid people, respectively. I rarely ever use the terms "newb" and "noob" with the exception of my post in the newbie thread in PSU General, where I only used it for consistency. I'm not sure what you're getting at by saying everyone in that situation would be an idiot, but whatever.

CelestialBlade
Jan 20, 2009, 01:51 PM
ITT: People taking things too seriously.

Also ITT: Me laughing. Hard.

Rust
Jan 20, 2009, 02:27 PM

Your statement would make as much sense with such an OP :

Boob: Female breasts.

Bewb: Paired with tits.

And I only changed one letter.

Zarode
Jan 20, 2009, 02:45 PM
If noob gets to you, it's working.

MetaZedlen
Jan 20, 2009, 02:52 PM
Hmm, I don't want any trouble from anybody on this, but I've always gone by these rules:

Newb - a new player to a game that if they are having trouble, they will ask in an UNDERSTANDABLE manner.

N00b - a new player to a game that acts retarded on purpose or loves to look for attention by saying the stupidest things you can imagine, example being from a newb, but more like:
HAY, were can i findZ th1s w4y to g0???????

Now you're sitting there and wondering what in the hell are they saying, when you ask them "what do you mean?" when you get the lovely answer of "noob"

People, they're just too stupid...

Vanzazikon
Jan 20, 2009, 02:53 PM
This isn't an accurate name to call someone because they have this weapon or this skill. MAYBE THEY LIKE THE FUCKING THING OR HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO UPGRADE, DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT?People call me a nub when they see me using an easy to find/standard weapon.

People: "Vanny, you're still using a Vajaya!? Lawl what a nub!

Vanny: "Hey, EFF you man! Go die in a EFFIN' FIRE!!!

TheOneHero
Jan 20, 2009, 02:58 PM
Newb = newbie. Someone new to (in this case a game) who does not fully understand or know how things works; with the potential of being nurtured into a valuable player/asset.

N00b = asshole. Someone who, despite having adequate time to learn and understand something, still chooses to remain ignorant and be a blight on the population.

I don't know how to explain it any more simply. Seriously guys, learn the internets.

Edit: Nub = Non-Useful Body, join the Navy guys!

Sayara
Jan 20, 2009, 03:06 PM
Oh theyre new to the game.

vs

Chump.

Outrider
Jan 20, 2009, 03:06 PM
I was just saying that that's what I call low-level people and stupid people, respectively. I rarely ever use the terms "newb" and "noob" with the exception of my post in the newbie thread in PSU General, where I only used it for consistency. I'm not sure what you're getting at by saying everyone in that situation would be an idiot, but whatever.

My point is that anybody mocking either low-level characters or people with less knowledge in a game is most likely filling the role of being intellectually challenged.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 20, 2009, 03:55 PM

Well, that's where it origionated, right? I personally haven't heard it used anywhere else.

And Syl...I won't even bother. :disapprove:

unicorn
Jan 20, 2009, 04:18 PM
Its practically the same thing, although n00b has an undertone of insult. Newb or Newbie is not as insulting.

Syl
Jan 21, 2009, 12:21 AM
And Syl...I won't even bother. :disapprove:

You shouldn't, but you clearly missed the point of the entire post, which I somewhat expected.

I guess you are unaware of people who spend so much effort and time trying to force feed everyone their meanings of words. I always find it funny when people get offended by stuff like this. Like people who get upset when they get called emo, when they make it clear that they aren't and the proper term is goth because emo is an insult to them. Cry me a river.

Course I didn't really care if my satirical post came through for you or not, that's the simple beauty of people taking things too srs and missing the point.

My cup loleth over, good sir.

Sayara
Jan 21, 2009, 12:35 AM
Actually Scrub is a member here, i doubt he'll like you using his name in vein

Rasputin
Jan 21, 2009, 01:44 AM
I think there should only be one type of people in this world: hardcores. Unfortunately, there are also casuals, and they GLOMP up everything. Glomping casuals. Also, Nitro, the game.

Gentlemen
Jan 21, 2009, 01:51 AM
Maybe this (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/synonym) can help you out, Nitro? Good term if you ask me.

astuarlen
Jan 21, 2009, 09:35 AM
You've got "Scrub" wrong too. The word Scrub is generally refering to people in fighting games who like to spam the same few moves over and over. Can also be called a "Noob".

Well, that's where it origionated, right? I personally haven't heard it used anywhere else.

I never realized TLC were such big Mortal Kombat fans.

Now let's all put aside our differences and sing a spot of Kumbaya and reflect on this important lesson in understanding our fellow men and women.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 21, 2009, 11:29 PM
Post topic.

Get laughs.

SStrikerR
Jan 24, 2009, 09:05 PM
Read Topic.

Also get laughs.

I agree, the two most common words I heard on runescape were "loser" and "noob". Noob wins by far, meaning 54645645645 billion more uses.

Solstis
Jan 24, 2009, 09:14 PM
New player = alt spy