PDA

View Full Version : Should I switch to pc version?

galliesko
Jan 20, 2009, 03:27 PM
I play on the 360 version of the game and I love playing as techer classes. The problem is now that my techs are leveling up I only cause lag for myself. I got a pretty good computer now so I was wondering if the pc game chugs on high level techs or not. If you can handle it, does the game just run overall better then the 360 version? Thanks

Rambo!
Jan 20, 2009, 03:37 PM
I think the pc version is superior though you have less people to play with the real question is is it worth releveling all your characters and pa's not to mention reacquiring all your gear

JAFO22000
Jan 20, 2009, 03:41 PM
According to those on the PC version, a high level PC does not register lag. Perhaps you should switch over and decrease the surplus population.

RegulusHikari
Jan 20, 2009, 03:43 PM
Depends on specs. What do you define as a "good computer"? PCs age very quickly.

Edit: But Rambo's right, if you've got capped stuff, I really don't see switching servers at all worth it.

Tetsaru
Jan 20, 2009, 03:46 PM
I play on the 360 version of the game and I love playing as techer classes. The problem is now that my techs are leveling up I only cause lag for myself.

Lol... even more proof that this upcoming tech visual nerf isn't going to solve things.

Good jerb, Segac. -_-X

galliesko
Jan 20, 2009, 03:48 PM
Well I got a dual core processor, a nice amount of ram and a decent graphics card. I think I'll do ok. I don't really have super awesome equipment compared to most people. Thanks for the input though, I think I'll go pick up the pc version.

Calsetes
Jan 20, 2009, 03:57 PM
If you ever need help getting off the ground in the PC version, feel free to ask me. Just look for me or one of my alts (all viewable under my profile), I could always use some leveling on both my Protranser and my Fighgunner.

ShuttleXpC
Jan 20, 2009, 04:24 PM
It still lags, while I don't have the best of PC's I do have dual 8800's (there is better out now) this game is bottlenecked by the CPU, cause it seems to use the CPU more then the GPU. I lag out, it doesn't affect whether or not you have a dual core (which I have) You are still gonna lag sometimes. Its just the game.

Yunfa
Jan 20, 2009, 05:14 PM
NANI??????? Switching from 360 to PC???? ABSURD!!! LOL actually, before you do, I just renewed my license for my old account for PS2 server when the game first out to find out my ID. (Since I sent my ticket about 3 weeks ago and still no reply.)

- I was looking at the market and I was flabbergasted, there were only TWO people selling Yiel Lines.
- All S ranks non grinded, im sure OP when you search by "Upgrade" many 10/10s all the way to 7/7s are available for purchase, but what did i find? If any, over priced 3/10.

- Take the Shigga Barec, theres a 5/5 for 10mill, and thats considered fairly cheap compared to the other ones...*facepalm*

- Oh and, One star is the population, maybe 2 stars at peak...do keep this in mind.
- I knew it was bad but didn't think it was THIS BAD! LOL
- None the less, i purchased a new copy of the PC version from amazon for 10$, im bored, and im going to play PC VERSION (YES THATS RIGHT!) and transfer everything from my PS2 account and take screen shots like how I've always wanted to since day one. (I still remember spending 65mill on the Jaggo Tub dec on my 3rd character, HAXSETA!!!)