PDA

View Full Version : Boot before Trial End update...

Mattness
Jan 20, 2009, 03:32 PM
Part of the next update is that players will not be able to remove party members inbetween the time period of Trial End through Mission end. Bravo, Sega! But really, will this stop people from booting before boss boxes? I predict booting during a boss fight and booting during mission. This will not fix much.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jan 20, 2009, 03:34 PM
Well then, less of chance of getting the boot, amiright?

Mattness
Jan 20, 2009, 03:37 PM
It's really questionable, actually. It could still happen a lot, for missions where bosses drop something nice.

Darius_Drake
Jan 20, 2009, 05:16 PM
I give them credit for at least attempting to correct this mess. It is a shame that some people would sink to booting at boss boxes, but at least Sega is trying to do something about it. I have been one person who has dogged ST about not fixing things. Now that they are making the effort I feel I need to give them their credit. I hope that this effort will be effective. Either way I definitely appreciate the effort.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 20, 2009, 05:22 PM
I give them credit for at least attempting to correct this mess. It is a shame that some people would sink to booting at boss boxes, but at least Sega is trying to do something about it. I have been one person who has dogged ST about not fixing things. Now that they are making the effort I feel I need to give them their credit. I hope that this effort will be effective. Either way I definitely appreciate the effort.

This

On a side note for the most part booters dont want to do the work of killing the boss which was primarily why they boot at the boss. Yes they could boot before the boss but even the the % of being booted will drop a lil bit.......maybe ^^;

KuroShinnen
Jan 20, 2009, 05:26 PM
Am I the only person who has never had a problem with Boss Box booting? I'm on the 360 servers too.

Darius_Drake
Jan 20, 2009, 05:36 PM
Am I the only person who has never had a problem with Boss Box booting? I'm on the 360 servers too.

Well I must say you have been very lucky. May your luck continue in this manner. Normally I don't have problems with Boss Box booting til the special events. Mag was one notorious for this and definitely GBR's and with the Lightning Carnival coming up it is possible that the problem would grow again. For the most part I don't have a problem either, but going into an event with real high level monsters and good drops (missions that you can't solo) and getting booted at the Boss Boxes truly sucks. When it happens you might as well just chalk it up to a loss. If you sit there and tell everybody in the lobby who boots at the boss boxes they will just claim that you are the one who did it. Then it is their word versus yours. It is an annoying problem and it would be a great improvement if they could get rid of it.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 20, 2009, 05:39 PM
Me personally i've never had any issue with boss booting im just speaking out of a general sense

If you sit there and tell everybody in the lobby who boots at the boss boxes they will just claim that you are the one who did it. Then it is their word versus yours.

you know although i see that quite often (especially during GBR in Seed Express) i didnt really think about it in that sense....like the ones saying are actually the ones who did it :o

99% of the time im playing with friends/group members anyway so i know they wont boot.....well if they do boot someone its out of the person being annoying and they wouldnt boot at the boss they would boot after the mission is down and ur in the lobby

DoperDan420x
Jan 20, 2009, 07:05 PM
nice effort SOA, but this does nothing for us. if a party leader wants to boot you, they just have to do it before the boss dies. which is how it usually happens anyway. this also wont stop people from booting at Phantom Fissure either. i would rather it be a "majoity rules" type of boot, where the majority of a party can boot a player or players based on a tally of votes... ill just keep dreaming...

BloodDragoon
Jan 20, 2009, 07:09 PM
I've seen people boot at boss boxes, More so lately though I've seen people booting over the stupidest little things, weapon type selection, PA selection, technic selection, picking up something the leader didnt want, etc...

The point of an online game is to play it with other people and for everyone participating to have fun. Some people just think the world revolves around them...

Immovable One
Jan 20, 2009, 07:59 PM
Why not just go all the way and disable booting when a party member enters a boss room?

So close Sega. So close...

Kylie
Jan 20, 2009, 08:53 PM
Wait, so this only works after a boss has been killed?

That's not what I thought, but it's better than nothing like others have said.

Rust
Jan 20, 2009, 09:00 PM
Wait, so this only works after a boss has been killed?

That's not what I thought, but it's better than nothing like others have said.

Yeah it only prevents from booting between the message saying you did whatever the mission took as an excuse to make you kill everything and the arrival at next lobby.
You can still boot everyone mid-mission or while you're fighting the boss. :wacko:

LuigiMario
Jan 20, 2009, 09:09 PM
Do they boot Acronurses (ATs with 31-50 buffs/giresta)?

Noblewine
Jan 20, 2009, 11:50 PM
I like the sound of this update.

Powder Keg
Jan 21, 2009, 12:36 AM
It's the best they can do. I'd prefer it to stay this way, for when people don't listen when you ask them to wait in the lobby when you're basically at the boss/clear boxes trying to snag your rarz.

_Vyser_
Jan 21, 2009, 01:28 AM
Can't say I've ever had this problem, but I think they should do a vote system if people think booting will still be a large issue. For example: in Left 4 Dead, the majority of the group needs to agree if the host wants to boot someone. I think a system like this would work pretty well, if done right. However; this might be an issue if you're doing a two-person random party, but who knows :/

DoperDan420x
Jan 21, 2009, 12:42 PM
if someone joins at the boss just to get the drops, then wouldnt the majoity of the party vote to have them removed?

OldCoot
Jan 21, 2009, 12:47 PM
nice effort SOA, but this does nothing for us. if a party leader wants to boot you, they just have to do it before the boss dies. which is how it usually happens anyway. this also wont stop people from booting at Phantom Fissure either. i would rather it be a "majoity rules" type of boot, where the majority of a party can boot a player or players based on a tally of votes... ill just keep dreaming...

I agree. Won't stop it all, but a vote system might be corrupted by having two or 3 people you know join a party and then voting everyone else out. I could see this going on with PF or one of the other rare runs.

At least Sega is trying to do something about this.

Smidge204
Jan 21, 2009, 01:29 PM
Why not just go all the way and disable booting when a party member enters a boss room?

That doesn't work at all if there is no definitive boss room. All levels have clear boxes, though.

=Smidge=

Rust
Jan 21, 2009, 02:00 PM
However; this might be an issue if you're doing a two-person random party, but who knows :/

Well, the party leader should prevail on that case.

And you know what is said :
In order to make a decision, you need an odd number of people. And three is already too much.