PDA

View Full Version : PSU Winter Carnival announced!

RubyEclipse
Jan 20, 2009, 06:26 PM
And to top it all off, big announcement #3 for the week:

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid86

:)

Sexy_Raine
Jan 20, 2009, 06:28 PM
Heh, finally. I must max all my offense techs before this happens.

ShuttleXpC
Jan 20, 2009, 06:29 PM
._. So much awesome.

ashley50
uhm great...i think

Miss Malevolent
Woot! I'm assuming this is the Lightning Carnival, just renamed... Right? xD

Calsetes
Is that Lightning Carnival? Cool, was kind of wondering when we would get it.

Noblewine
Jan 20, 2009, 06:32 PM
Sweet so many update this month I can't wait. =D

Xaeris
Jan 20, 2009, 06:34 PM
Sega's blowing it's annual budget of awesome on the first quarter, I see.

Kylie
Jan 20, 2009, 06:36 PM
Nice. I hope this goes as planned.

ChronoTrigga
Jan 20, 2009, 06:37 PM
Gib rappy suits in clothing mission nao! I hate yellow rappy suit =(

Yamishira
Jan 20, 2009, 06:37 PM
Sweet! Thanks Ruby!

God_Shiden
Jan 20, 2009, 06:40 PM
WOOO! Its time to go wild! ~switches back to FT~

Chuck_Norris
Jan 20, 2009, 06:41 PM
'Bout time.

Cracka_J
Jan 20, 2009, 06:44 PM
wtf is a winter carnival....:???:

joefro
Jan 20, 2009, 06:47 PM
Cool. First event to be announced less than a few weeks away? I'm kind of worried that something will go wrong but I will most likely still try it on Friday. I'll probably go back to playing PSU on a daily basis. Yay! (?)

stukasa
Jan 20, 2009, 06:49 PM
Didn't expect this so soon(?)... o.o The timing is bad for me personally (one week later would have been MUCH better) but at least I'm happy we're finally getting it! Falclaw, here I come! :D

HyperShot-X-
Jan 20, 2009, 06:51 PM
Sega, you guys are just doing too much too fast, I'm not even caught up with all the stuffs I got from Parum GBRs & the compensation we got last time. I won't be ready for this carnival or for another over compensated reward XP.

Is this a new trend that some ppl like myself are gonna have hard time getting used to? This is kinda too fast too soon, I mean Obama got inaugurated just today you know what i mean..

Xaeris
Jan 20, 2009, 06:53 PM
It must be nice to be a community manager when you actually have good news to share.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/PsuIlluminus2009-01-2018-49-20-41.jpg

joefro
Jan 20, 2009, 06:56 PM
Sega, you guys are just doing too much too fast
No. No. No.
They are NOT.

That being said, I hope they keep this up.

fay
Jan 20, 2009, 06:58 PM
anythign bad iv said about sega has just got

<3 sega. lol.

Exploited
Jan 20, 2009, 07:01 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Classic quote

Proff
Jan 20, 2009, 07:01 PM
So that was the technical difficulty with the event! Now it makes sense. They had to wait until winter to release it because the name would have been dumb in the Fall.

Inazuma
Jan 20, 2009, 07:05 PM
Heh, finally. I must max all my offense techs before this happens.

dont worry if you cant max em in time. in the main mission for the event, there is a very small room w/ many many spawns of polties w/ tons of HP. basically, its there to help players level their PAs extremely fast.

the master types came out during the lightning carnival event for jp ver, and thanks to those super polties, i was able to max out many techs to 50 right away.

Svaltus
Jan 20, 2009, 07:07 PM
Awesome!!! I read in mission bonus players cannot die or will get removed from the mission them parties will need really Fortetechers and Acrotechers!

good for know! :)

Dhylec
Jan 20, 2009, 07:09 PM
Well that's a pleasant surprise. Let's hope things come out nice for a fun winter event. ;]

Punter
Jan 20, 2009, 07:10 PM
so what are the "awesomely rare" items we can expect with this carnival?

Zos
Jan 20, 2009, 07:10 PM
This seems like a ton of updates all very close to each other, there might be a need for a rollback because some people won't be able to access their rooms :P.

_Vyser_
Jan 20, 2009, 07:14 PM
Looks like I have a reason to stop playing PSZ for abit. I hope everything goes well with this event. I wonder what happened at SoA...constant decent updates in mah PSU?! Impossible I say!

Para
Jan 20, 2009, 07:15 PM
Yay population! Party social fun ;o

AngelofEnders
Jan 20, 2009, 07:17 PM
Only thing that kinda sucks is I start class Monday so I only have the weekends to enjoy this. DX

LuigiMario
Jan 20, 2009, 07:18 PM
Well that's a pleasant surprise. Let's hope things come out nice for a fun winter event. ;]

Now let everyone get into the event area early so they can celebrate by telling everyone how to get in.

amtalx
Jan 20, 2009, 07:18 PM
Jesus Christ Sega. I hope they can keep it up.

Criss
Jan 20, 2009, 07:23 PM
Winter Carnival? Sounds like the annual Carnaval de Quebec, but with less snow and more lightning. :3

Ail
Jan 20, 2009, 07:24 PM
so what are the "awesomely rare" items we can expect with this carnival?

i have no idea? xD oh well i'm only after Yasha. nothing else (ok, maybe some [b] deva zashi for the fun of it xD)

anyway.. awesome and unespected news!! ^^

San Anto
Jan 20, 2009, 07:27 PM
i have no idea? xD oh well i'm only after Yasha. nothing else (ok, maybe some [b] deva zashi for the fun of it xD)

anyway.. awesome and unespected news!! ^^

Ank buti and mugunburga boards drop if im correct.

Itachi1990
Jan 20, 2009, 07:33 PM
OMFG finally and i have no school all next week.Great time for me!

Silvx
Jan 20, 2009, 07:41 PM
Yay my first event, that last one didn't count because I didn't know wtf all that was, I just knew I had perma Lv3 luck XD. Is this Carnival lower level friendly?

Alnet
Jan 20, 2009, 07:41 PM
Wow, so much is happening all at once.

And tomorrow, I start classes again. Looks like I'll be doing my homework ASAP so I can squeeze in as much time as I can for this.

Reginaldo
Jan 20, 2009, 07:58 PM
I guess it's time to really return, for a month at least.

Ethateral
Jan 20, 2009, 07:59 PM
*Throws confetti* n.n b <3

I'll be going Acrotecher for this or switching between AT and MF. X3

Smidge204
Jan 20, 2009, 08:02 PM
World of Illusion: Alpha

World of Illusion is a bonus mission designed for parties of 4 players, with an ultra-high drop rate. Fight against endless waves of enemies for awesomely rare items!

But be warned: only the strong will make it out with anything to show! EX traps will be limited, and CAST blast gauges are reset at the start of each round—and what’s more, any incapacitated player is automatically removed from the mission. Enemies get progressively harder every round during this knock-down, drag-out fight for survival!

Dammit SEGA, that better be a permanent addition (even if it's World of Illusion: Alpha' ala MAG'). Finally the "endless dungeon" everyone was wishing for!

Also a chance to finally liquidate the stacks of Zon photons I've been hoarding...
=Smidge=

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 20, 2009, 08:14 PM
great soon as i end my subscripe time to renew ")

GT:same as name

PSU Character Information
DivineTenken"Sojiro" 150 beast FF(20)-Fg(20)-WT(20)-FM(8)
Dark Hadou "Sakura" 106 Cast FT(20)-AT(20)-WT(20)-MF(20)
BoogiePop Phantom 22 Cast Protranser 3
Hikikomori-Neet 35 beast FG(20)-GT(20)-GM(2)

Find me AFK on neudaiz bridge.

Seira7
Jan 20, 2009, 08:47 PM
I was hoping to level my new character in the next event but it looks a bit more hardcore than mag. Are there any missions that are lowbie friendly I wonder...I guess I could powerlvl her as much as possible beforehand...or collect zon-photons because I really want that a rank drill for my AF.
And electro heart = smexy. zap!

Shinko
Jan 20, 2009, 08:56 PM
Mmm... Ok i guess but can they maintain updates like this? I been with psu for awhile so a few good updates don't make me think better of them yet. (seeing as im use to the getting few good updates then screw up and none for awhile) but I will say at least it look like they're trying more than before.

I was just starting to get bored again. This came just in time XD

Tyreek
Jan 20, 2009, 09:28 PM
I hope you're all happy now. ;)

Tyreek
Jan 20, 2009, 09:35 PM
.... *dies* In any event, I hope my friends got hold of this info. AND it's on a freaking Friday! XD Thank god I have Fridays off this semester. Now that this up and ready, one carnival down, and one Shred the Darkness to go.

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 20, 2009, 09:36 PM
Im surprised people forgot about rollbacks already.http://www.demaction.org/dia/organizations/ruckus/images/wal-mart-wages.jpg

Tyreek
Jan 20, 2009, 09:43 PM
Aww, don't kill the mood! XD

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 20, 2009, 09:47 PM
Is there a PA Experience or Level Experience Boost like some are saying?
Whether we get 1 or neither idc i think the event all together is nice :P

Ryno
Jan 20, 2009, 10:10 PM
and Finally the "tenant Wanted" door opens....

Celi-Ka
Jan 20, 2009, 10:42 PM
Haha, I pretty much forgot about that open space on Clyez 3rd floor. This is certainly a great way to put it to use.

Fayle and Lynx
Jan 21, 2009, 12:07 AM
Is there a PA Experience or Level Experience Boost like some are saying?
Whether we get 1 or neither idc i think the event all together is nice :P

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the only Event that we get a PA boost in will be MAG+ ^^
(Which, might I add, I am looking forward too :D )

Amahres
Jan 21, 2009, 12:08 AM
Need to get my character boosted up a bit more before Friday, but I won't be able to get too high. hopefully this will be a bit noobie friendly. I just picked the game back up this past weekend after a 8 month break.

Syl
Jan 21, 2009, 12:12 AM
I had completely forgot this event was supposed to come out... which is bad >_>

Though I'm sure it will be pretty awesome to see something different, even if it does imminently become tedious and repetitive.

Tetsaru
Jan 21, 2009, 12:29 AM
Holy shit, they're releasing it after all, and on my birthday to boot! o_o

RubyEclipse, whatever you're doing to motivate the other guys at Segac, PLEASE keep it up! =D Let's hope for no screw-ups! =x

Powder Keg
Jan 21, 2009, 12:34 AM
changing pants, brb

EspioKaos
Jan 21, 2009, 12:38 AM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the only Event that we get a PA boost in will be MAG+ ^^
Right. Pretty much. ;) The JP version received the PA EXP boost alongside MAG+, but it technically wasn't an event bonus since it applied to all missions in the game, not just the event missions.

Fayle and Lynx
Jan 21, 2009, 12:43 AM
Oh! That would be great! (I'm slowly dying inside, trying to level Absolute Dance!! Kudos to all the Level 50 AD peoples!!)

Back onto topic! Woohoooo An EVENT! :D :D

BahnKnakyu
Jan 21, 2009, 12:50 AM
Changing pants and underwear, brb.

Barker5227
Jan 21, 2009, 12:52 AM
Lol, ill admit, great job on keeping it a secrect.

No warning at all!!! I posted a thread a couple days ago asking about this very event and when i got on today i saw the message scroll and the zon-photon prices shoot up and i almost cried!

Cant wait, just hope its not bugged and hope people arent complete jerks about it! (economy wise)

Also, Take note that even tho it was called "Lightining Carnival" before, there are monsters of every element, so before you go blow all of your money on ground weapons, look at Psupedia.info

Segac has been promoted back to Sega in my book! :D

InfiniDragon
Jan 21, 2009, 01:04 AM
Wow, this is awesome Ruby. Great news, it really feels like the game is starting to get back on track.

Phoenix_Black
Jan 21, 2009, 01:05 AM
Agito Repca, hellz yeah!

Majarra
Jan 21, 2009, 01:07 AM
lol you guys are hilarious. [not GMS or sega]. oh well 5-6weeks itll be back to "SEGAC THATS IT IM GONNA QUIT CUZ YOU NO UPDATE PSU"!

InfiniDragon
Jan 21, 2009, 01:13 AM
...Not all of us do that, ya know.

Really, I'm hooked. Even though the game does stuff that makes me mad sometimes (players do this too...I'M LOOKING AT YOU WHITE BEAST SPAMMERS) I'm gonna stick by it until the end.

Vent
Jan 21, 2009, 03:16 AM
Sounds good, I'll be there. Don't error 65 us please.

Arika
Jan 21, 2009, 03:57 AM
So that was the technical difficulty with the event! Now it makes sense. They had to wait until winter to release it because the name would have been dumb in the Fall.
oh, QFT!

Shou
Jan 21, 2009, 05:03 AM
lol its not like its gonna be hard to get zon spheres >> you dont need a billion zon photons.

darkante
Jan 21, 2009, 06:09 AM
This really made my day, hoverboard racing again yey! =D

Hopefully that "endless" dungeon aint too hard, would like some decent rares at least. :S
But most of all, i want mah Yasha. :O

Dragwind
Jan 21, 2009, 06:11 AM
Can't wait to raise my other characters again and collect some new rarz.

Arika
Jan 21, 2009, 06:52 AM
Now, I wonder if they raise enemy level in the event mission or not. (if not, then people will complain about level 140 monster again)

Oh btw, just to warn you all not to hope too much about this event. Because this event is starting to get fun after the first 2 weeks.

Danny_Dark
Jan 21, 2009, 07:58 AM
EXCELENT !

Smidge204
Jan 21, 2009, 08:01 AM
lol its not like its gonna be hard to get zon spheres >> you dont need a billion zon photons.

If I'm reading it right, you need 300 Zon-Photons to make a Zon-sphere. While that's isn't all that many, it can add up. Again, if I'm reading it right, a Falclaw will cost you 29,700 Zon-Photons.

(Assuming it's even available outside of Japan, of course.)

That's a lotta Zons.
=Smidge=

Magician
Jan 21, 2009, 08:26 AM
It's arriving far sooner than I or anyone else thought it would. Very awesome.

And here I thought about playing the RE5 demo on friday, lol, not now of course.

S-T-H
Jan 21, 2009, 08:28 AM
http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=252

The Carnival will be lasting until February 26th (five weeks). Thought I'd get this out there for everyone that wondered.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 21, 2009, 08:48 AM
Right. Pretty much. ;) The JP version received the PA EXP boost alongside MAG+, but it technically wasn't an event bonus since it applied to all missions in the game, not just the event missions.

Well that scratches one of them off....
So.....is there a Level Experience Boost???

garjian
Jan 21, 2009, 08:50 AM
if by that you mean, will the event give shit loads of exp like they always do, then yes.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 21, 2009, 09:13 AM
if by that you mean, will the event give shit loads of exp like they always do, then yes.

thanks

wow :o
I just realized there isnt a level requirement for World of Illusion: Alpha

So basically a level 1 could walk up in there......wander how long it would take him to get to he 100s XD of course the only flaw is that he will probably get 1 shooted through the whole thing

O I have a question about Charged Puzzle.
I'm probably gonna do that more (depening how the endless is on World of Illusion: Alpha)

I noticed on the rewards you see "New stage added to Charged Puzzle" twice So does that mean when we first get it we will have all the parts except for the last two? (Magas Maggahna ,Mother Brain) Or no..... Starting off World of Illusion: Alpha only goes to Stage 6 i think. eh nothing drops that i want (maybe a few halp serafi's) but i hope it being endless (not literally) is what its cracked up to be

Calsetes
Jan 21, 2009, 09:57 AM
I'm just really really hopeful that there aren't the guys who stand around going "looking for WoI group 150 ONLY PLZ OR BOOT!" They're the ones that annoy me the most, and with it being removal on death, I have a feeling it's only going to increase the number of people like that (remember the 50% only parties during GBR? Multiply them by 10, and that's what I'm afraid is going to happen).

I may not be 150, but using my Fortefighter, I don't die as easily as the wafer-thin Fighmasters (at least, MY low-rank wafer-thin Fighmaster), and I really think with a party supporting me, I'd be able to make it through the whole 11 levels of endless mode.

MrPOW
Jan 21, 2009, 10:10 AM
<3 Sega

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 21, 2009, 10:31 AM
I'm just really really hopeful that there aren't the guys who stand around going "looking for WoI group 150 ONLY PLZ OR BOOT!" They're the ones that annoy me the most, and with it being removal on death, I have a feeling it's only going to increase the number of people like that (remember the 50% only parties during GBR? Multiply them by 10, and that's what I'm afraid is going to happen).

I may not be 150, but using my Fortefighter, I don't die as easily as the wafer-thin Fighmasters (at least, MY low-rank wafer-thin Fighmaster), and I really think with a party supporting me, I'd be able to make it through the whole 11 levels of endless mode.

This is how i see it....if you have a fear in something it "can" come true

but seeing that its an event ur gonna see that anyway

Smidge204
Jan 21, 2009, 10:33 AM
So basically a level 1 could walk up in there......wander how long it would take him to get to he 100s XD of course the only flaw is that he will probably get 1 shooted through the whole thing

WoI:Alpha and Beta apparently both start with lvl 70 creatures and work their way up from there. For a level 1 character that's pretty much the definition of "suicide mission" XD

Mmm stage 3: Fully buffed lvl 85 Deljaban. Joy of joys.
=Smidge=

Calsetes
Jan 21, 2009, 10:48 AM
I think if these enemies are going to be this tough, it might be wise to get some debuffers going, at least for the attack and maybe the accuracy debuff (is there one for mind?). I personally am a fan of "who cares if it takes awhile to kill them, as long as they don't hurt you and everyone comes out of it without dying."

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 21, 2009, 10:54 AM
WoI:Alpha and Beta apparently both start with lvl 70 creatures and work their way up from there. For a level 1 character that's pretty much the definition of "suicide mission" XD

Mmm stage 3: Fully buffed lvl 85 Deljaban. Joy of joys.
=Smidge=

lmao I would like someone to create a character from scratch and record the wonderful adventure of crazy suicide o.o
*serious*

It still would be funn to try that :P

Mysterious-G
Jan 21, 2009, 11:50 AM
So the creatures will be ice instead of lightning element? No?

Arada
Jan 21, 2009, 12:40 PM
There are almost no lightning creatures in the event anyway, so there's no adjustment on that.

Enigmatic
Jan 21, 2009, 01:17 PM
So the creatures will be ice instead of lightning element? No?

Haha, Ray-Spheres would be appropriate, and a kick in the balls to all of us who collected Zon-photons (Including me ^^; )

ChibiBecca
Jan 21, 2009, 03:37 PM
wait, zon photons won't be used in our version of the carnival? i'd collected a whole stack of them too. ^.x;

Smidge204
Jan 21, 2009, 03:54 PM
Considering the official annonucement page (linked in the opening post of this thread) makes multiple references to Zon-fragments and Zon-spheres, I think it's safe to say our collective Zon-photon hoarding has not been for naught.

=Smidge=
/Got about 20 stacks or so ready to cash in

kyle21
Jan 21, 2009, 04:37 PM
This event looks great, I'm very pleased with the speed of getting the event. I was crossing my fingers for a month out from GBR at least, what a surprise ^^ and the new photon charge/pp regen update we just had makes this event even better.

And a Lv1 can just grab a handgun and survive pretty well I'd think, as long as they stay at a distance. It'd be fun at least.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jan 21, 2009, 04:47 PM
You can still trade-in your zon-photons it just won't matter much when the first parties start running at 5am. I'm not too worried that my four masters will fail, because I've been using them for massive waves of enemies, they also have armas line and yiel line for defense. My beast and cast can get their nanoblast and suv very quick so I'm not worried there about being outnumbered. If any of you care to join in the early morning of Friday we can rock them zons out early.

HyperShot-X-
Jan 21, 2009, 05:20 PM
from what i can gather so far, the bonus mission requires 240 carnival tickets to even run it once, you can split tickets 4 way among 4 ppl party max so you will need 60 tickets per person, that will be 6 zonspheres to exchange = 180 zon fragments = 1,800 zon-photons!!! This seems pretty hardcore to me...which might be good or maybe not, heh :wacko:

str898mustang
Jan 21, 2009, 05:47 PM
thats for the duel mission

HyperShot-X-
Jan 21, 2009, 06:16 PM
thats for the duel mission
oh Shi- you mean that too? Some1 plz tell me this event will not just favor top 5% of elite players over the whole population mainly as it seems to be to me at least. I hope I'm wrong about this...?

Katrina
Jan 21, 2009, 06:26 PM
Looks good, time to re-activate for a bit I guess.

str898mustang
Jan 21, 2009, 06:38 PM
oh Shi- you mean that too? Some1 plz tell me this event will not just favor top 5% of elite players over the whole population mainly as it seems to be to me at least. I hope I'm wrong about this...?

the 240 ticket thing is for the Duel mission. I still don't know if u need tickets for the other missions though.

EspioKaos
Jan 21, 2009, 06:41 PM
the 240 ticket thing is for the Duel mission. I still don't know if u need tickets for the other missions though.

You do. Carnival Tickets are required for all missions except for Charged Puzzle, the exchange mission and the standby room.

EDIT: Slight revision. Panther Blitz requires 25 tickets for single mode, however it looks like party mode is free.

God_Shiden
Jan 21, 2009, 06:53 PM
Seems like getting the tickets will be most of the work

EspioKaos
Jan 21, 2009, 07:00 PM
Seems like getting the tickets will be most of the work

Disregard what was here before. I messed up a bit. D:

Atomic646
Jan 21, 2009, 07:30 PM
How long is the event. Jan 23-???

God_Shiden
Jan 21, 2009, 07:31 PM
It shouldn't be too much of a problem. Earn an S on difficulty S of Charged Puzzle and that'll net you an easy 50 tickets. (Five Zon Fragments, technically, but that converts to 50 tickets in the exchange mission.)

bleh more converting >.< i swear i have 99golds i dont wanna convert cuz of the bpredom i get from it :-?

EspioKaos
Jan 21, 2009, 07:31 PM
It's scheduled to run through February 26.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 21, 2009, 07:32 PM
Woot. About darn fricken time!!! Better late than never I guess? O_o
I *pray* we get the Shred The Darkness even before May... *prays*

Well now I've got definite need to resub a.s.a.p.

Atomic646
Jan 21, 2009, 07:37 PM
ok thank you

DAMASCUS
Jan 21, 2009, 07:47 PM
Sorry I feel like the need to clarify the whole 'tickets' program:

Starting out you will need to be in a good S party and S rank it 6 times just to get one Zon-Sphere? Then you have to turn around and use it to only get 10 tickets??

I must be missing something...do tickets or zon pieces drop during the Puzzle mission??

EspioKaos
Jan 21, 2009, 07:55 PM
Sorry I feel like the need to clarify the whole 'tickets' program:

Starting out you will need to be in a good S party and S rank it 6 times just to get one Zon-Sphere? Then you have to turn around and use it to only get 10 tickets??

I must be missing something...do tickets or zon pieces drop during the Puzzle mission??

Ack, I just realized my mistake in my original post. I had five Zon Fragments equaling 50 tickets, but that's not the case. I forgot to convert Fragments to Zonspheres. >_<

Anyway, even though our charts don't show it (I'll fix that later), the boxes in Charged Puzzle will drop Zon Fragments and Zonspheres, so you won't have to rely only on the mission reward to get them.

HyperShot-X-
Jan 21, 2009, 09:32 PM
..u guyz seem to be catching on by now since that's been cleared up..almost. So, basically depending how often those zonspheres drop in the puzzle mission as 'special box' drops in a full party of 6, you might have to keep solving puzzles over n over again until u get enuff for tickets to run just 1 bonus mission where your 'dream' team of 4 with maxed out chars & equipped with best gears avail take a chance at the end boxes for Yasha drop...unless you wanna waste ur time converting those 90 zonphotons at a time in exchange mission. Or, just forget about Yasha and save zonshperes for Falclaw if you can stand solving puzzles only and do hover racing later in the event over n over for the rest of wks..i really hope this is not the case, i mean this whole thing has been hyped up so much upto now by you-know-who's for all this to be true afterall. I wish I am proven wrong about this, i really do.

_K1_
Jan 21, 2009, 11:33 PM
Didn't expect that so fast. Also, we're getting one of JP's rewards for free? Ha, I guess we really sucked at the other events.

Hmm, CASTs will lose SUV charge? I hope that will stop every part from being "150/20 M CAST MG only" like it was in every other timed event mission, but some how I doubt it.

FireHero
Jan 21, 2009, 11:41 PM
all i have to say is lame a event with no new drops and just ruining the price of the last remianing wepons actuly worth something yes all good and fun but ruing whats left of the game after the events over just like 1up did

cApNhOwDy
Jan 22, 2009, 03:59 AM
...wow. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd actually resubscribe. It's almost been a year.

WhiteKnight01
Jan 22, 2009, 04:45 AM

holy shit your right!!!. glad im quitting in a few months il avoid all the disappointments

EMPYREAN
Jan 22, 2009, 05:16 AM
i smell a rollback whitin 2 days of the event.

Barker5227
Jan 22, 2009, 08:51 AM
You do. Carnival Tickets are required for all missions except for Charged Puzzle, the exchange mission and the standby room.

EDIT: Slight revision. Panther Blitz requires 25 tickets for single mode, however it looks like party mode is free.

Im confused, I see that carnival tickets are under Currency which means you can hold a stack, so where do they drop/where do you get them?

No monsters drop them i see and how can you do a mission without them if its required?

EspioKaos
Jan 22, 2009, 09:26 AM
Im confused, I see that carnival tickets are under Currency which means you can hold a stack, so where do they drop/where do you get them?

No monsters drop them i see and how can you do a mission without them if its required?
You get Carnival Tickets from the exchange mission. Trade in one Zonsphere for 10 tickets. Collect Zonspheres from the event missions. Collect Zon Fragments from the events missions and convert them to Zonspheres in the exchange mission.

If I recall correctly, tickets don't take up space in your inventory like other items. Instead you have a little counter that'll appear on the right side of your screen while you're in the event lobby showing how many tickets you have.

Rei-San
Jan 22, 2009, 01:17 PM
This was the event I've been waiting for! :D I was saving for a 360 but I suppose I can part with a few bucks.

Sega is finally starting to get better. I really hope they can keep it up. :)

Inochi Kamunagi
Jan 23, 2009, 03:23 AM
I cant wait, for the first couple of runs. Remember everyone
No survivors. xD

Flotron
Jan 23, 2009, 03:57 AM
Even though I recently renewed my subscription, I probably wont be on the first three to four weeks. Though someone will take my place, meanwhile; im going to get some R&R time. good luck to all!

Everyones worst case scenario...