PDA

View Full Version : New Techer

jifears
Jan 20, 2009, 09:39 PM
Hey PSO, i just started a new character and he's a techer.
I was just wondering what are the spells i need to get.
Any suggestions are appreciated

_Vyser_
Jan 20, 2009, 10:15 PM
Get everything and level them equally. Just know that teching is a tad hard at first, but becomes much easier and more fun once your techs are 21+. Depending on if you want to go AT/FT/MT, you may or may not need buffs/debuffs. Debuffs are handy, but PSU is pretty easy now, and monsters don't need to be debuffed generally; things just die too fast.

I know I said level your tech equally, but I think Ra- techs are important to have leveled. At higher levels, they start to hit more targets, and get a much larger area of effect. AT and MT with a Har/quick can basically lock monsters in place with Ra- tech spamming on T-mags. The range on Ra- techs at 21+ can help keep you farther away from monsters, thus keeping you alive.

As for frag techs: giresta, megid, noszonde and nosdiga are top tier techs. Giresta will help you live longer with the hp regen, and the revive ability is a nice feature too. Megid, although a bitch to level, is a very strong tech later on. At 21+, noszonde gets knockdown, which is very helpful at keeping monsters away from you. If you time it right, you can lock 3 monsters in one spot. Nosdiga basically owns anything, even ground types, at 21+.

You should at least try all the techs out there, but these are a few I decided to mention.

Silvx
Jan 20, 2009, 10:16 PM
Foie and diga have the highest base dmg percent, but they can only hit 1 enemy per spell. It'll all come down to your personal preference, but it is good to have spells of all elements

BloodDragoon
Jan 21, 2009, 02:48 AM
Question for those who have high level techer characters. What missions would you say are best to level up your techs? I've just been running my FT through seed express ever since it was added.

Celi-Ka
Jan 21, 2009, 02:55 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126362
^
This thread got me started.

You can probably do most of your TECH leveling at either Sakura Blast S2 or Sleeping Warriors S2, since mobs come in waves of 4 or more a lot of the time.

Vent
Jan 21, 2009, 03:17 AM
I suggest Sleeping Warriors S2, because you can find Psycho Wand there as well as some valuable materials for making it (Relic Edge, Diad).

As for techs, I'm not sure how much range Zonde 31/41 has, but even at 21+, it almost obsoletes ra-techs. Though ra-techs do have their uses, I find Zonde in general more useful. Megid spamming isn't something for me, since I'd rather give others a chance to hit too. xD

Anyway, a tip in general is to buy all the techs in the store (they're cheap anyways), you don't have to use them all. If you have all the techs, you can give your rod/wand/t.mag an element, which will boost your damage by some.

Shou
Jan 21, 2009, 05:00 AM
Do NOT lvl your techs evenly! They will never grow if you do that. Lvl the best/easiest techs to lvl first. Get nosdiga and noszonde. They are easy to lvl and nosdiga is one of the best spells and noszonde is easy to lvl and fun to use although its not very powerful at all. Foie and diga lvl pretty fast and so do ra techs.

After or while you are lvling those first lvl up your favorite looking spells. It will keep you motivated. If you try to lvl everything you will probably get frustrated because nothing will lvl :(

and stry and stay away from barta zonde and megid till later ;)

Oh and make sure you use a har quick or har smart. if you dont.... just no. make sure you use one lol

Make sure you remember that techs lvl EVEN slower in parties. to lvl your techs you really have to solo. but those first techs i talked about should lvl even in parties!

JAFO22000
Jan 21, 2009, 10:52 AM
Do NOT lvl your techs evenly! They will never grow if you do that. Lvl the best/easiest techs to lvl first. Get nosdiga and noszonde. They are easy to lvl and nosdiga is one of the best spells and noszonde is easy to lvl and fun to use although its not very powerful at all. Foie and diga lvl pretty fast and so do ra techs.

After or while you are lvling those first lvl up your favorite looking spells. It will keep you motivated. If you try to lvl everything you will probably get frustrated because nothing will lvl :(

Oh and make sure you use a har quick or har smart. if you dont.... just no. make sure you use one lol

Make sure you remember that techs lvl EVEN slower in parties. to lvl your techs you really have to solo. but those first techs i talked about should lvl even in parties!

None of this is true.

Vent
Jan 21, 2009, 11:15 AM
None of this is true.

How convincing. xD

JAFO22000
Jan 21, 2009, 12:59 PM
How convincing. xD

I apologize that I do not have the time to go line by line and voice my opinion on each item in that post. Also, all this will do is start an argument that will go on for page after page with people being quoted and both sides gaining "allies" along the way. Ultimately, neither of us will change our stance nor accept any view that the other party has anyway, so what's the point???

I will say that I started as a techer from day one and leveling techs for a day one PSU techer is probably different than leveling techs for someone who started later (not saying that this poster did or not, only making a subjective observation.) Remember, when the game first came out we only had access to: Foie, Rafoie, Barta, Rabarta, Zonde, Razonde, Diga and Radiga. I agree that it is much more difficult to level techs now because one has such a large variety of techs to choose from.

Inazuma
Jan 21, 2009, 05:55 PM

hmm, sounds like good advice to me. i just wanna add that its a good idea to level your techs afk. not only is it way fast, you wont have to feel bad about slowing down others by doing it in parties.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144597

one last thing, forces are terrible in psu. they have the worst offense AND defense, and by a huge amount too. sorry to throw shit on your parade but i dont want to see someone waste tons of time and effort trying to do well as force, like i did....

Shou
Jan 21, 2009, 09:48 PM
This person is JUST starting a techer in psu and he is used to pso so i dont think he/she know what it takes to max out the techer class.

Lvl up the easy and most useful techs and your favorite looking ones first. If you do that and you havnt quit on force, lol, lvl up the other spells.

Vent
Jan 22, 2009, 09:47 AM
I apologize that I do not have the time to go line by line and voice my opinion on each item in that post. Also, all this will do is start an argument that will go on for page after page with people being quoted and both sides gaining "allies" along the way. Ultimately, neither of us will change our stance nor accept any view that the other party has anyway, so what's the point???

And what's wrong with quoting each other? Of course the hard part is staying friends while disagreeing with each other. But that's because debating is not as easy as it sounds. Isn't 'gaining allies' and 'not changing our own opinion' typical for an official debate? I'm not trying to convince you of anything, since I agree with you. But we're here to get the OP as our 'ally'. He/she has asked a question after all and it's our duty to be critic and answer that question as best as we can. A discussion or debate is unavoidable if you want to do that. Though if it's not a debate you're after, but only stating your opinion, I've got nothing to say. :rolleyes:

I'll change my advice. You know what, just do what you want. You can't do anything wrong in PSU that you'll regret later. In PSO, you could mess up your material usage and not get max stats; you don't have that problem in PSU. You can always go back here, like resetting PM without too much of a loss.

jifears
Jan 24, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hey, new to teching, and was wondering which pells would be best for me to get from the get go(none PA)

garjian
Jan 24, 2009, 04:33 PM
resta lol :P

but seriously... i find them all equally useful... except for jellen and the yellow debuff whatever thats called...

some spells seem bad at low lvls like gi and dam spells... but at higher lvls they get good...

when i first started teching i relied on foie a lot though, so until you can easily cruise through sleeping warriors its a good spell to use...

WhiteKnight01
Jan 24, 2009, 04:53 PM
ya all techs are great but alot at higher lvs, theres a good place on the new event to level up dam and gi techs where enemies keepp spawning iv already got 3 of my acrotecher techs to 21 already, but if you want a list in order heres one
resta
reverser
buffs
foie
diga
all the ra techs
then when you get pa frags nosdiga and giresta
those will put out most of the damage on low levels

Vent
Jan 24, 2009, 04:58 PM
Didn't you already start a thread right here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157460)?

darkliny
Jan 29, 2009, 11:32 AM
Well I have a techer and i never could figure out why people always fight over how to do it

Hey man, Every techer is diffrent mine is pretty much an upclose techer so i got spell like megid and some gi up but if your long range then stick to the nos and lines
yes megid is a pain in the @SS to level up but in the end 21-40 magid is amazing and if you get MF then you get lvl 5 (or is i 4 i forget) pncapacitate so in all honesty get all the techs play with them and discover how YOU like to do it not other .
^_^

Mr T 13
Jan 29, 2009, 12:00 PM
If you really want to level up your spells I suggest going to Plains Overlord. There aren't any good drops really, but the terrain can be very useful when leveling up spells. Especially when it comes to leveling nos spells. The monsters group up and the is usually something you can hide behind so they can't hit you.

6_8_10
Jan 29, 2009, 12:24 PM
Sakura blast is a pretty good place to work on techs as well. I went back into it recently and found there were a lot more little corners where you could stand out of range of most of the melee attacks, and quite often there are larger groups than you get in Plains Overlord.

Of course, for the moment it's hard to top the pannon room in the event for levelling spots.