PDA

View Full Version : Carnival: Limited EX traps?

tadtwisted
Jan 21, 2009, 12:49 AM
on the offical web site is says EX traps will be limited, does that mean PT will hold less traps or that you cant buy more in between missions? Lets face it on events like this PT make everyones life alot easier but by taking this away they are saying screw this class

xBladeM6x
Jan 21, 2009, 01:00 AM
I guess it's something like that. But they don't want this mission to be easy. That is why the are controlling the EX traps and the CAST's paradi.

Basically, people might actually have to have good weapons to reach the end. :O

Cell132
I think they just mean you can't buy it in between. Trap spam isn't always that great anyway. There are times to use it, and times not to. It'll be interestin ta say the least.

Xaeris
You can't hold more than one of each type of EX trap. Yes, being able to carry the full amount would make this much easier, but that defeats the point. The gauntlet is supposed to be difficult, not make us all spam "LFG PT" in the lobby.

tadtwisted
Jan 21, 2009, 01:05 AM
one of each! that is horrible, thats like saying cast cant use a SUV or beast cant nanoblast which is bull#$&*, my last question can everyone in the party hold one, so they can drop it when needed?

Xaeris
Jan 21, 2009, 01:06 AM
That, I do not know. I'd imagine everyone can carry one of each, class regardless.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 21, 2009, 01:17 AM
You can carry as much as you want, you can only use 1 per run. And SUV/nano resets every stage also...

_Vyser_
Jan 21, 2009, 01:22 AM
Good thing I rarely use my nanoblast. I just wonder how all the Paradi spammers will take to this. I do like using Paradi to clear rooms from time-to-time, but it's nice to have somewhat of a challenge in this game, no matter how easy it is without Paradi.

Xaeris
Jan 21, 2009, 01:26 AM
The same way the rest of us will take it: up the arse. I remember screenshots several months back from the Dengeki carnival and the crazy amounts of damage people were taking. The guantlet looks like pain. I'd be more comfortable if I could get some more information on what the heck I'm walking into. 'Pedia has monster info of course, but I can't find anything about the terrain each stage is host to.

LuigiMario
Jan 21, 2009, 01:43 AM
LV150 Char LV50 Tornado Dance Freeze G Jabroga LV20 masterclasses LV50 Buffs, etc. Bring it.

Celi-Ka
Jan 21, 2009, 02:03 AM
It's better to learn it by experience rather than reading about it anyway. I think this will be loads of fun.

Darklighter
Jan 21, 2009, 02:07 AM
This is so stupid. Why not disable buffs and healing as well if there going to take this half ass attempt at challenge.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 21, 2009, 02:33 AM
LV150 Char LV50 Tornado Dance Freeze G Jabroga LV20 masterclasses LV50 Buffs, etc. Bring it.
[spoiler-box]
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/psu20080315_221646_001.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Argines can't be frozen, good luck! BTW the boss is De Rol Le, have fun waiting for him to get in melee range.

Now that I look at my old screens, you're 20 levels better off... Unless they adjusted the difficulty to account for this (don't bet on it).

Dragwind
Jan 21, 2009, 06:07 AM
I'm guessing the abundance of EX traps would have flinched mobs too much making it far too easy.

Neith
Jan 21, 2009, 07:59 AM
Am I the only one who can't wait for the Delnadian stage? :lol:

I'm glad this shouldn't be easy though, it'll be all the sweeter when my team does manage it. How long that'll take is another thing altogether :wacko:

rise urbanus
Jan 21, 2009, 08:01 AM
i guess i better level my pas but which one:ice::lightning::dark::fire::ground::light::(

xRedd206x
Jan 21, 2009, 08:06 AM
Is there a time limit?

Rust
Jan 21, 2009, 08:17 AM
I'm so joining this at lvl 100.
The top half of the rounds will prove to be an interesting challenge anyhow.

Atomic646
Jan 21, 2009, 11:57 AM
I guess it's something like that. But they don't want this mission to be easy. That is why the are controlling the EX traps and the CAST's paradi.

Basically, people might actually have to have good weapons to reach the end. :O

Whoa.... there "Controlling" My Paradi? wtf please explain.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 21, 2009, 12:17 PM
I'm a PT, and I'm not going to complain. Besides, a good PT knows when to use traps, and I've always been very judicious about using my EX traps when I do, unless everyone's in a big hurry or something.

@ Darklighter: No. EX traps can totally disable mobs.

Buffs and healing benefit the party, and don't keep you from getting hurt or killed by a critical hit or megid. As long as buffs don't grant "temporary invincibility" like a good EX trap can, in a manner of speaking, they'll be allowed en masse, while EX traps will be limited.

afterthoughtz
Jan 21, 2009, 06:38 PM
I'm a PT, and I'm not going to complain. Besides, a good PT knows when to use traps, and I've always been very judicious about using my EX traps when I do, unless everyone's in a big hurry or something.

@ Darklighter: No. EX traps can totally disable mobs.

Buffs and healing benefit the party, and don't keep you from getting hurt or killed by a critical hit or megid. As long as buffs don't grant "temporary invincibility" like a good EX trap can, in a manner of speaking, they'll be allowed en masse, while EX traps will be limited.
I'm also a protranser and i'm screaming FRIKEN BULLSHIT! I mean there is basically no reason to be a protranser if we can only use 1 trap, fortefighter is pretty much the same think but has more health then a protranser, if we can only use 1 trap, you should only be able to buff and cast resta/giresta once. Sounds ridiculous but i view it as the sam thing:mad:

EDIT: Ok i see its 1 trap of each type, a litlle better but still crappy

Gunslinger-08
Jan 21, 2009, 07:19 PM
Think about it. If we were allowed to take in full stocks of traps, and each of the players in our party carried stacks, where would the challenge be?

No. I'd much rather be limited as a PT than have the party healer get tied down, or have to deal with ridiculous mobs that aren't completely decimated by EX traps, or spawns of megid-happy enemies. (which I suppose we might get anyway, lol)

Seriously, if not having EX traps to spam is why you think PT will be pointless, then you clearly don't have an appreciation for the class's flexibility. A Protranser is more than an EX trap machine!

The_Brimada
Jan 21, 2009, 08:54 PM
This still won't stop me from playing as PT in the event.

_K1_
Jan 21, 2009, 11:50 PM
one of each! that is horrible, thats like saying cast cant use a SUV or beast cant nanoblast which is bull#$&*No nanoblast or SUV? Yeah, that would be just horrible not to have a racial special ability...

Whoa.... there "Controlling" My Paradi? wtf please explain.Your SUV meter will reset at the end of each stage. Just hope it charges up, and use it before then.

Personally, I like these changes. CASTs and Beasts will still have their overwhelmingly superior stats. If that's not enough for you, I'm not sure what to say. Its not like Humans are going to be suddenly using Paradi or something.

Plus we have 20 levels over the Japanese players when these missions came out. I doubt there will be many problems.

SJW89
Jan 22, 2009, 12:55 AM
Good thing I rarely use my nanoblast. I just wonder how all the Paradi spammers will take to this. I do like using Paradi to clear rooms from time-to-time, but it's nice to have somewhat of a challenge in this game, no matter how easy it is without Paradi.

I would suggest a party of fortegunners with crossbows, so that they not only do the best damage, but are "MOBILE OMG" and get to get their SUV quickly.

Finalzone
Jan 22, 2009, 02:50 AM
Looks like this event will make difference between a skilled and noob PT.

necman
Jan 22, 2009, 09:58 AM
I like this limitation but also hate it. I was booted from the 5th floor during mag for not spamming my ex traps. But it's supposed to be part of my arsenal so limiting them is also a kick in the head. I only use guns and people really hated that aspect too. Can we restock inbetween rounds. If not then our traps will only get us so far anyway till we are out. Even if everyone carries some. If the traps are that overpowering then change it so we can only carry one of each and get rid of the bow in replace of riffle or have both. Yes I hate the bow. Oh yeah forgot about the lack of machinegun. They could give the class that instead of riffle and still remove most of the ex-traps as that works too.

afterthoughtz
Jan 22, 2009, 10:16 AM
Think about it. If we were allowed to take in full stocks of traps, and each of the players in our party carried stacks, where would the challenge be?

No. I'd much rather be limited as a PT than have the party healer get tied down, or have to deal with ridiculous mobs that aren't completely decimated by EX traps, or spawns of megid-happy enemies. (which I suppose we might get anyway, lol)

Seriously, if not having EX traps to spam is why you think PT will be pointless, then you clearly don't have an appreciation for the class's flexibility. A Protranser is more than an EX trap machine!
If you couldnt use traps, then YES, being a protranser would be POINTLESS, i mean look, spears and axes and traps are my big thing for protranser, however if i can only use 1 of each trap then what would be the point? I'd be better off switching to fortefighter (like i said earlier) getting the extra Health, along with level 40 Majerra instead of 30, and i use spears more then axes, so give me a good reason why protranser wont be somewhat un-usefull in this mission....:-)
And yes i'm an EX trap spamming protranser, because that is what protranser does, playing that way makes me and me party survive a lot better along with making the Mageshi on Bladed Legacy a breeze, i spam them, cause thats my job:-?

Jainsea
Jan 22, 2009, 10:56 AM
Looks like this event will make difference between a skilled and noob PT.

--->QFT<---
Oh yea, its funny, from replies on here, people act like PT's ALWAYS had Ex traps.
Their gear is so versatile this shouldn't be a huge problem. I think once we all run it,
we'll see where/what traps should be used and it be no problem really. If anything
it will be a good challenge and make us think lol.

afterthoughtz
Jan 22, 2009, 11:43 AM
--->QFT<---
Oh yea, its funny, from replies on here, people act like PT's ALWAYS had Ex traps.
Their gear is so versatile this shouldn't be a huge problem. I think once we all run it,
we'll see where/what traps should be used and it be no problem really. If anything
it will be a good challenge and make us think lol.
I just find it rather funny that people think if you use a lot of traps that your a noob protranser, lol c'mon, its the biggest trademark of the class:-?

Rayokarna
Jan 22, 2009, 11:55 AM
If you complain about having only to use ONE EX Trap, your not a Protranser. Nuff Said.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 22, 2009, 12:30 PM
I just find it rather funny that people think if you use a lot of traps that your a noob protranser, lol c'mon, its the biggest trademark of the class:-?

Nope. No one has said that at all. You know, I'm sure all the CAST users are all up in arms too. Their SUV gauges get reset after every round. The point is to limit LOLWIN tactics, since this mode is about survival and teamwork.

Can any other class tag all the enemies with Barada Maga (the acc/evp debuff shottie bullet), then ljabroga into the mob, not missing a single hit? Can any other glass back a huge enemy into a corner with a grenade launcher, then crash into its face with Majarra? Protransers have so much at their disposal.

Yes, the traps are the hallmark of the class, but your choice of words makes it seem like you treat EX traps as a crutch.

btw, just have each of your teammates carry a set of one of each of the EX traps, and that can bring you up to 6 of each type for a run of the mission. Speaking of which, that's probably why they limited it in the first place. If you had a full stack of EX traps, 30 in all, and each of your partymates carried a set of thirty as well, that would be 180 EX traps for the whole run. (If there's six to a party.) o_o; Think about how broken that would be.

Rust
Jan 22, 2009, 02:36 PM
btw, just have each of your teammates carry a set of one of each of the EX traps, and that can bring you up to 6 of each type for a run of the mission. Speaking of which, that's probably why they limited it in the first place. If you had a full stack of EX traps, 30 in all, and each of your partymates carried a set of thirty as well, that would be 180 EX traps for the whole run. o_o; Think about how broken that would be.

I think I read the party was limited to 4 people for this mission.
Still it would be broken if all 4 players were carrying full stacks of EX Traps.

The_Brimada
Jan 22, 2009, 02:51 PM

It's not that if you use alot of EX traps that you are a noob transer. Its if thats the only thing you rely on period. I play PT for its versatility, not just for EX spam.

Kumlekar
Jan 22, 2009, 07:11 PM
This still won't stop me from playing as PT in the event.

Seconded, PT offers a massive amount of flexibility that melee classes will need here. Its already been established that gunners are better off, and PT offers possibility the best hybird between long range and melee. Unfortuanetly the reliance on slow weapons will bite back. As for the limit on EX traps? That should come standard in every mission... I just wish they would incease the limit on G traps.

afterthoughtz
Jan 22, 2009, 08:24 PM
If you complain about having only to use ONE EX Trap, your not a Protranser. Nuff Said.Oh ya, How so??

Rayokarna
Jan 22, 2009, 08:40 PM
Oh ya, How so??

PSU Version 1.

afterthoughtz
Jan 23, 2009, 10:16 AM
PSU Version 1.
Oh ya that really helps, how about giving a valid reason for once??

The_Brimada
Jan 23, 2009, 11:07 AM
Oh ya that really helps, how about giving a valid reason for once??

EX traps didn't exist in Version 1, and PT stats were complete and utter crap. I still played it back in the day though. We didn't go on an EX trap spamming frenzy because there were none, obviously.

afterthoughtz
Jan 23, 2009, 01:00 PM
EX traps didn't exist in Version 1, and PT stats were complete and utter crap. I still played it back in the day though. We didn't go on an EX trap spamming frenzy because there were none, obviously.
Ya thats great an dall but i'm refering to this line right here, "If you complain about having only to use ONE EX Trap, your not a Protranser. Nuff Said" well gues what, protransers have EX traps now so as far as i'm concerned is i can whine about only using an EX trap and not be called a noob protranser, seriously people...

LionHeart-
Jan 23, 2009, 06:46 PM
Nano's/Suvs are completely useless in the bonus mission. You do not even get close of using it at all ;/. So we're just buffed humans ;3

SJW89
Jan 24, 2009, 11:12 AM
Nano's/Suvs are completely useless in the bonus mission. You do not even get close of using it at all ;/. So we're just buffed humans ;3

Actually my team tends to die on me and I make it from stage 5-8 alone, and get my SUV twice in 7 and once in 8.