PDA

View Full Version : AotI Types and Winter Carnival (information)

nyoro_n
Jan 21, 2009, 10:17 AM
note: yes this is a repost from the psu official forums but for those who don't go there i decided to post here too.

Okay so i'm talking to a friend who's played JP servers for a long time, and he's telling me the actual perspective of Winter Carnival (aka Dengeki carnival).

i'll break it up to points.

1. MasterForces are basically boned in this event. (See #5 )

2. Remember, this is not supposed to be like other events, where everything is easy and you can solo. It's going to be hard whether the max enemy is lv 150 or 170. Enemies in bonus will do twice as much damage but will have half the HP. edit: And remember, if you die the bonus mission ends. no ifs, ands or buts. So if you guys really want higher lv enemies go ahead but i guarantee noone will be able to do it with lv 170 enemies

3. GunMasters are very favored in this event, especially twin handgun users. See #6 why)

4. Protransers are going to baw. They will be only able to use one (type i think) trap in the bonus mission. See #2 why.

5. Techers: Go Fortetecher if you still want to use techs. More xp and use cards / wand combo. Cards will help due to range and you can use the wand to heal or whatever. Even with the boosted tech cast speed, you will get own'd if you stand still.

6. Gunners: You have it made in this event. Range is the way to go especially when the mobs hit you for 2k damage. Twin Handguns is the best way to go. Fast shooting + being far away from them as possible.

7. Mellee: You guys might be okay but in this event, Jabrogga = you to blame when you die by the 50 mobs attacking you for 2k damage each. Majarra is prolly a good way and have many trimates and dimates AND STAR ATOMIZERS in store. you will need them.

8. Just because you're 150 doesn't mean you can solo bonus mission by yourself. This is built to be a team event.

9. Finally, good luck and happy hunting to everyone, and be careful when we unlock the higher bonus missions.

hope this helps anyone (mainly a warning of bonus mission and how evil sega made it)

garjian
Jan 21, 2009, 10:24 AM
hmmm... i should replace my twin neis for this event...

sound good but i dont buy it just yet though... psu and hard hasnt really happened before... if this does happen though im thinking melee will be difficult... axes are a no-no... gravity break even worse... rising crush... yes!

but at least my acrotecher will have no trouble ^^ but :( my fighmaster isnt gonna get anything done... whats the mission points like on lower levels?

garjian
Jan 21, 2009, 10:27 AM
hmmm...? can i solo it with the more than excellant megid + run away tactic? :P

what about megiverse?

i just cant stand most player right now lol... the fighmaster thing really put me off playing in open parties... i mean... i cant even have fun on the 4th floor anymore... (not that thats fighmasters fault) so how am i supposed to trust 3/5 fighmasters to stay alive, and not to constantly blame the not-fighmaster for everything even though theyre all dead and im not?

nyoro_n
Jan 21, 2009, 10:28 AM
Okay, this is the most awesome event EVER.

To anyone who can answer: Is there time to buff people, or do you go straight into combat?

my guess it'll be just like 1up where you activate it as a whole (as in when everyone's ready) my friend's afk right now (i have more questions to ask him about this event) but i'm sure those who played the jp version could confirm this.

nyoro_n
Jan 21, 2009, 10:31 AM
hmmm...? can i solo it with the more than excellant megid + run away tactic? :P

what about megiverse?

i just cant stand most player right now lol... the fighmaster thing really put me off playing in open parties... i mean... i cant even have fun on the 4th floor anymore... (not that thats fighmasters fault) so how am i supposed to trust 3/5 fighmasters to stay alive, and not to constantly blame the not-fighmaster for everything even though theyre all dead and im not?
well, enemies do twice as much damage as normal (but they have half the hp) so you'll get own'd just as you start casting. if the fighters basically stand infront of you (or gunners) and attack and keep the mobs away, that might work but it's not 100% positive it will.

and at first it'll be easy (i mean they won't be hard) but once we unlock the other stages, we will see alot of complaining going around on how it's too hard.

garjian
Jan 21, 2009, 10:34 AM
Hey :] I'll be more than happy to play with you. And I'll stay alive, don't worry. Just add my gamertag =D

hmmm... sure... whats there to lose.:!?

i dont get much done though... i just buy stuff... sell said stuff for more money... use more money to buy more stuff... ... ...

and sleeping warriors occasionally... i tried to do white beast lol... that managed to end in a massive arguement :P

meh... how come ive never seen you around before? :S

and at first it'll be easy (i mean they won't be hard) but once we unlock the other stages, we will see alot of complaining going around on how it's too hard.

i should check the monster listings...

EDIT: LOTS of tough enemies...

i think the first test will be goazorararonanraonaroan mages... i think many parties will fail there... and thats only stage 3/4
but carriguine = x.x so i cant wait to see what happens!

... oh yeah... theres no chance of soloing a double damage carriguine (and theres loads of them) :P especially since youve already run out of healers on the kamatoze...

and thats only alpha :P

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 21, 2009, 10:37 AM
well, enemies do twice as much damage as normal (but they have half the hp) so you'll get own'd just as you start casting. if the fighters basically stand infront of you (or gunners) and attack and keep the mobs away, that might work but it's not 100% positive it will.

From what your saying I might get Mayalee Prism for semi mob control. Im the only balanced gunner in my group and im the only one who uses lasers.... What would be your opinion about using that?

nyoro_n
Jan 21, 2009, 10:40 AM
From what your saying I might get Mayalee Prism for semi mob control. Im the only balanced gunner in my group and im the only one who uses lasers.... What would be your opinion about using that?
might work but watch out for mobs. i sent my friend ?s about how many mobs are there at a time and if they're scattered or clustered awaiting his reply :<

This event is going to cause people to realize it's not easy at all.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 21, 2009, 10:41 AM
might work but watch out for mobs. i sent my friend ?s about how many mobs are there at a time and if they're scattered or clustered awaiting his reply :<

This event is going to cause people to realize it's not easy at all.

I actually want a challenge ^_^

Calsetes
Jan 21, 2009, 10:42 AM
I just hope (like I said in another thread) that there aren't a lot of people who ONLY want 150's in their party. I remember during 1up someone was complaining that I was both too low a level for A-rank events and that I didn't have the right elements for the one mission. Needless to say, he was higher than me, with all the right equipment, and he died three times in the first block (yet I only used one trimate by that point).

All I know is I'm going back to my bread-and-butter class of Fortefighter for this, my Protranser and Fighgunner PAs can be put on hold until this is done and I can go back to my extremely defenseless Fighmaster.

Cracka_J
Jan 21, 2009, 10:45 AM
I ain't scurred.
Techers weren't supposed to be able to compete in MAG TA either.

Long as I gatz mah boiz, we prepared to f*** shyt up.

garjian
Jan 21, 2009, 10:45 AM
:S you sure all the monster are 2x damage?

anyway i checked out beta... grinna bete s X.X
but why are those badira so late on?

OOOOH... Grinna Bete S, SEED-Argine, AND badira...

i see...

Rust
Jan 21, 2009, 10:57 AM
Ok, if they do 2k damage a hit, there is no way I stay FT on my beast ; I'll switch back to WT.
I'm good at dodging, but NOT that good. Especially if the Carriguines are as messed up as they are in MAG when they're charging through rooms.

Neith
Jan 21, 2009, 11:04 AM
Bring on the pain :wacko:

Definitely going GM for this primarily. I figure Rifle knockdown will be a blessing against some monsters, maybe Mayalee Prism for some stages.

One thing is for sure. Once we unlock all the stages for this survival mission, you better believe I'm not leaving until I come out with a Yasha. According to PSUpedia though, the JP version required points to unlock the later stages (from 7 onwards), so we have to 'pull a Sange' and get far enough for Stage 11 (and subsequently Yasha) to unlock.

Although, this survival mission with Euro-lag= epic lulz. I'm most scared of the Carriguine stage, but the Gaozorans and Delnadians could be a huge problem too.

darkante
Jan 21, 2009, 11:04 AM
Twin Handguns are favored? Lol, sweet relief. Guess it pays off to have them high leveled now. :D

nyoro_n
Jan 21, 2009, 11:07 AM
They indeed do 2x damage. lv 150s will be dying a lot more than they did on MAG (where the cap was what 130?) It's not about who has the best weapons, armor, level but who has the right skills to know when and where to dodge, what to use, and so on.

If fighters use Jabrogga, they'll be boned.

and yeah, i was looking at alpha and there are like 5 mini bosses or so which do huge damage normally. then you have the boss. Jesus that's going to be a pain.

People who want enemy lvs to be increased are insane. One hit by a carriguine would mean death to a lv 150 fM 20 with the best armor in the game.

garjian
Jan 21, 2009, 11:11 AM
They indeed do 2x damage. lv 150s will be dying a lot more than they did on MAG (where the cap was what 130?) It's not about who has the best weapons, armor, level but who has the right skills to know when and where to dodge, what to use, and so on.

If fighters use Jabrogga, they'll be boned.

and yeah, i was looking at alpha and there are like 5 mini bosses or so which do huge damage normally. then you have the boss. Jesus that's going to be a pain.

People who want enemy lvs to be increased are insane. One hit by a carriguine would mean death to a lv 150 fM 20 with the best armor in the game.

indeed... but theres several carriguines on that wave...

plus what about seed argite + grinna bete... i think that will be a very diificult wave... esp if its all 3 betes :S

are bead groode on this? i think that might just be impossible...

petition for rentas and dizas!!! :P

nyoro_n
Jan 21, 2009, 11:21 AM
indeed... but theres several carriguines on that wave...

plus what about seed argite + grinna bete... i think that will be a very diificult wave... esp if its all 3 betes :S

are bead groode on this? i think that might just be impossible...

petition for rentas and dizas!!! :P
i didn't see bad groodes on psupedia so i don't think they are.

and YES RENTAS AND DIZAS! that would make techers happy for this. :3

stukasa
Jan 21, 2009, 11:28 AM
Aww, and I was hoping to level my MF type in this event. :< Oh well, at least I have a GM with high-level twin handgun bullets...

str898mustang
Jan 21, 2009, 11:40 AM
I think I'll be able to manage it as a MF.

Xaeris
Jan 21, 2009, 11:46 AM
So, AT Jellen for great justice then?

Arika
Jan 21, 2009, 11:51 AM
Next is the question that so many people still wondering "Will [b] Mugungurga drop or not"
nobody can guess of it until now whether it was JP event bonus or was pre-changed boss drop.

I assume it was pre-changed tho, so we might not see it at all.

Oh, and you should warn them that many of boss attack are just one hit-killed, especially with those low-mid% armor.

Atomic646
Jan 21, 2009, 11:53 AM
Hmmm... Seems like i need to get my bullets to 31 real quick....

Calsetes
Jan 21, 2009, 11:58 AM
Hooray for Fortefighter and having a handgun!

....Although chances are I'll still be the first one out of the mission, even if I'm running with a bunch of people 50 levels lower than me.

Rayokarna
Jan 21, 2009, 11:58 AM
As a Protranser, Im going to have to rely on G Traps more now. Not like that is going to be a problem.

Raven5_1
Jan 21, 2009, 12:01 PM
guess i'm switching to either Figun,or Fortefi as i dont have much in the way of high level bullets or techs.

Neith
Jan 21, 2009, 12:03 PM
As a Protranser, Im going to have to rely on G Traps more now. Not like that is going to be a problem.

I know playing a GM I'll be bringing along G traps, to provide what little extra help I can. I'm thinking Confuse Trap G might be useful, but I'd need to switch to fG to use those again >_>

Rayokarna
Jan 21, 2009, 12:24 PM
I know playing a GM I'll be bringing along G traps, to provide what little extra help I can. I'm thinking Confuse Trap G might be useful, but I'd need to switch to fG to use those again >_>

Freeze, Confusion, Burn & Virus are the main ones to use. Make sure someone else is carrying an extra stack cause with G Taps this could be just as easy if PT could use many EX Traps.

sephiroth115
Jan 21, 2009, 12:44 PM
Time to bust out all my dam- spells for crowd control

Kylie
Jan 21, 2009, 12:58 PM
Bring on the pain :wacko:
Seconded. I'll probably end up switching Libra to fF just for this event.

I kind of planned to anyway as I think it'd be easier to get EXP that way than as an AT.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 21, 2009, 01:13 PM
im staying Gunmaster....maybe fortegunner depening on what character i use ^^:

Gen2000
Jan 21, 2009, 01:25 PM
Heh terror hype, the same was said about Firebreak Moatoob mission, Bruce and Bladed Leagcy, "oh noes be scared, it's hard/unbeatable, etc" and look how those turned out.

Also heard Rifle teams go the furthest/complete it the easiest though Twins spamming sounds just as brainless. I would prefer Rifle since they can stunlock even big mobs.

DAMASCUS
Jan 21, 2009, 02:58 PM
Confusion definitely seems like the bullets to have since they can one-hit each other pretty easily.

With such short notice..better get to work on that D:

SJW89
Jan 21, 2009, 03:10 PM
I have an idea to protect against the 'mobs'...

Buy armor that doesn't suck. K? :)

By the way twin pistols are not the greatest, and since people obsess over twin ruby bullet, that makes me say no even more. Most annoying gun in the damn game.

darkante
Jan 21, 2009, 03:12 PM
I have an idea to protect against the 'mobs'...

Buy armor that doesn't suck. K? :)

Good armour and can still get one-hit killed? Donīt think that will help much.

SJW89
Jan 21, 2009, 03:16 PM
Good armour and can still get one-hit killed? Donīt think that will help much.

I do. Since when can you get one-hit killed by an enemy while wearing 50% 11* armor, at Lv150?

EDIT: Wait, I can't, don't know about you though, lol...

*makes mental note to avoid any sort of techers*

beatrixkiddo
Jan 21, 2009, 03:30 PM
I do. Since when can you get one-hit killed by an enemy while wearing 50% 11* armor, at Lv150?

Have fun with Stage 11 De Rol Le, Steven Wyman.

Noblewine
Jan 21, 2009, 04:37 PM
I'm looking forward to this event as I read the responses.

Inazuma
Jan 21, 2009, 04:59 PM
before each stage, you have time to buff/change equip/whatever. once everyone is ready, you can activate a button there and it will start the stage.

types with higher defense should be ok if they are careful but MF is pretty much doomed in the later levels. its honestly not fair for the MF players.

i forgot who said it but someone mentioned that MFs were able to compete in MAG TA. this is simply not true. the very best team of 3 MF/ 1 FT had a clear time just under 11 mins, i think. but the all cast FM and PR teams were clearing closer to 7 mins. considering that MF's specialty is fighting large groups of weak monsters, which is exactly what MAG is, thats quite a gap in clear time -_-

SJW89
Jan 21, 2009, 05:49 PM
Have fun with Stage 11 De Rol Le, Steven Wyman.

I will. Key fact: You won't be there.

Kumlekar
Jan 21, 2009, 05:50 PM
Oh joyous, another mission to bring on more whining (and yes I realize the hipocrasy in that statement), at least some people will like the challenge. I presonally will find myself playing guildwars until people go back to mindless missions. (Yes I play PSU for easy mode, if i want a challenge, I'll play something that actually requires stragety, and not luck)

SJW89
Jan 21, 2009, 05:50 PM
I'll probably do as I normally do in events, just play with other elitists and not really care what I get out of it until I learn the ropes and then try some solo.

_Vyser_
Jan 21, 2009, 05:51 PM
I'd like to use my MF some more, but if she dies too much, I'll just use my main. I'll probably end up going AF for this, since I have the best equipment and skills leveled for that class. Luckily, that same character is my GM character, but my bullets and class level are probably too low to be any better than my current AF setup. This should be an interesting trial and error session on Friday.

Criss
Jan 21, 2009, 07:20 PM
Finally some challenge! The last time I had a lot of fun in PSU was when trying to solo the Magashis in Bladed Legacy S2. These things make me love my GT and my mobility playstyle. :3

lantis-zagato
Jan 21, 2009, 07:43 PM
How do you think Guntechers will fare in this event?

Rust
Jan 21, 2009, 07:45 PM
How do you think Guntechers will fare in this event?

Maybe because he knows it's damn easy to dodge almost everything as a GT.

lantis-zagato
Jan 21, 2009, 07:52 PM
I was legitimately asking the question not second guessing Criss. My main is a GT. That's why I asked and I just wanted to know if anyone had any opinions about how well they might do considering the weapons and healing they bring to the table.

Rust
Jan 21, 2009, 08:25 PM
Oh, right.
Guess I'm too much used to the sarcastic flamebaiting going around those boards.

Well, since it's about teamwork and survival more than dishing the most possible damage in the least amount of time, I'd say you got fair chances as a GT with your mobility. Plus the mobs will have halfassed HP, so your damage contribution won't be so bad, overall. From the informations collected there and on PSUpedia, it's pretty obvious people who doesn't know anything else than hitting the attack button for bignumbarz mindlessly will never make it to the last stages.

I know I won't either, just because my GT is 95 and my WT 100. As a WT, I'll probably just stick to bomb heal and such. I don't see me jumping on melee against lvl 150 buffed Carriguines with double ATP with lvl 30 PAs and getting out of this with the V sign of Victory...

I'm gonna participate to that nonetheless. Gonna test run it with one friend or two, then try to get as far as I can with full parties. Probably won't play with randoms though ; my last experience of randoms in MAG was pretty terrible.

Magus_84
Jan 21, 2009, 09:42 PM

Enemies do double damage in this.

I'd think anything under about Protranser's HP levels is going to be in trouble.

Oh well. That's what dodging and rifle knockdown is for. Still not sure if I'm going AT or GT on my main for this one. The alt I want to level is GM with leveled rifles, so he should be fine.

mvffin
Jan 21, 2009, 11:05 PM
I'm gonna try Beast GT. Xbow, Mechgun, Rifle, Buffs+Giresta. Shotgun maybe.

If that doesn't work too well, I'll go FM and Tornado Dance everything to death. Most enemies shouldn't take more than a couple hits of TD, right?

Clunker
Jan 22, 2009, 01:17 AM
Ok, so for those in the know:

Please check "*" any of the following, so those preparing should have
a good idea what to place on their palettes, in the rough.

(Categories are listing in an order following the preferences I've noted in previous posts)

Good Weapons to use if Gunners/Guntechers:
( ) Rifles; ( ) Handguns/Twin Handguns; ( ) Lasers;
( ) Shotguns; ( ) Grenades; ( ) Machineguns;
( ) Xbows; ( ) Longbows; ( ) RangeMag with Knockdown;

Good Weapons to use if Hunter-classing:
( ) Claw/Twin Claws; ( ) Saber/Twin Saber; ( ) Double Saber;
( ) Longsword; ( ) Axe; ( ) Spear; ( ) Knuckles; ( ) Slicers; ( ) Whips;

Good Weapons to use if Force-Classing:
( ) Wand; ( ) TechMag; ( ) Rod

IE: I'd place a "*" in Rifle, Handguns, and Shotguns.

Rifle for Knockdown, Handguns/Twin Handguns for mobility, and Shotguns for Power/Flinch.

Thoughts?

beatrixkiddo
Jan 22, 2009, 01:43 AM
(R) Rifles; (A) Handguns/Twin Handguns; (A) Lasers;
(A) Shotguns; (A) Grenades; (A) Machineguns;
(A) Xbows; (A) Longbows; (A) RangeMag with Knockdown;

(A) Claw/Twin Claws; (A) Saber/Twin Saber; (A) Double Saber;
(A) Longsword; (A) Axe; (A) Spear; (A) Knuckles; (A) Slicers; (A) Whips;

(A) Wand; (W) TechMag; (R) Rod

DAMASCUS
Jan 22, 2009, 01:59 AM
I'm going to go for the Slicer/Crossbow combo. It worked really well in MAG and I was able to stay mobile. Getting hit is not an option :/

nyoro_n
Jan 22, 2009, 08:14 AM
Ok, so for those in the know:

Please check "*" any of the following, so those preparing should have
a good idea what to place on their palettes, in the rough.

(Categories are listing in an order following the preferences I've noted in previous posts)

( ) Rifles; (*) Handguns/Twin Handguns; ( ) Lasers;
(*) Shotguns; ( ) Grenades; (*) Machineguns;
(*) Xbows; ( ) Longbows; (*)RangeMag with Knockdown;

(*) Claw/Twin Claws; (*) Saber/Twin Saber; (*) Double Saber;
( ) Longsword; ( ) Axe; (*) Spear; (*) Knuckles; (*) Slicers; (*) Whips;

(*) Wand; (*) TechMag; ( ) Rod

IE: I'd place a "*" in Rifle, Handguns, and Shotguns.

Rifle for Knockdown, Handguns/Twin Handguns for mobility, and Shotguns for Power/Flinch.

Thoughts?
Rifles is a nono. there's a video where the gunner used only riffles and got own'd fast. Riffles are slow.

Handguns/Twin Handguns allows you to move while shooting (aka mobility) so yes that's a good one

Shotguns are okay (if you know what you're doing) but you have to be aware of what's around you.

basically anything that attacks/casts fast would help. twin (weapon name) are fast weapons. Majarra is a good shot but you have to keep an eye on health. For techers MAGs and Wands are your friend (faster casting than Rods)

and to those who want to level their forces: this is only the bonus mission. the normal mission is basically like MAG and every other mission. Not that hard. (i'll be doing that to level my alts to lv 110ish i honestly don't have much intrest in the bonus due to drops but i will do it once certain drops are unlocked :x)

Smidge204
Jan 22, 2009, 08:31 AM
I suppose we really need more information?

1) How big is the area, and what's the layout? Larger rooms with various terrain can make rifles useful, at least partially. If it's a relatively small, square area (eg a square, fenced-in arena) then rifles are not a good choice.

2) How large are the mobs? I can keep three or four normal enemies pinned to the ground with a rifle, so knowing how many enemies I'd be up against at one time would definitely effect my strategy.

You mentioned videos... any links?
=Smidge=

Calsetes
Jan 22, 2009, 08:44 AM
All I know is I picked up a cheap (4.5 mil) Orpa / Guard last night just to get ready for this. I may not have the best armor, but having that defense unit definitely helps (it's almost doubling my defense equipment-wise for my fortefighter, not too shabby). I'd recommend anyone else worrying about their defense to probably look into it before then (unless the prices on them are already skyrocketing).

Rust
Jan 22, 2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah, the standard mission gives good enough MP/XP IMO ; World of Illusion is more about drops and challenge.

Didn't really get how to earn those carnival tickets, but seems like you'll have to spam the standard missions quite a bit before you can enter this, and better not fuck up at first stage or you'll feel it like a complete waste.

If the PSUpedia mob charts are accurate for it, seems like the original version of this missions won't be THAT hard though. Stage 1 to 6 aren't going that high in mob level and most of the spawns are pretty easy to deal with if you're careful, even with the doubled damage.

I know first stage are Jarbas, but they aren't really difficult, especially at lvl 70 with half-HP. Unless we have to deal with spawns of 10-15 of them, where Megid Dodgeball gonna start to kick in.

Then again, that's JP mob charts, we probably gonna have a level adjustement like the one we got for MAG. (Eww, Maggas Maggahna and Mother Brain as standard mission bosses, what a PITA... No way I'm enduring Mother Brain again after six weeks of Parum GBR. <.<; )

SJW89
Jan 22, 2009, 01:47 PM
I know first stage are Jarbas, but they aren't really difficult, especially at lvl 70 with half-HP. Unless we have to deal with spawns of 10-15 of them, where Megid Dodgeball gonna start to kick in.

Agreed, I can kill them within 30 seconds, because my rifle does 1450 damage to a Lv140+ jarba.(without zalure) :)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 22, 2009, 03:04 PM
So for my gunmaster Im probably gonna do

Rifle
Twin Hang Gun
Twin Hang Gun
Twin Hang Gun
Shotgun
Laser(probably mayalee prism)

Darius_Drake
Jan 22, 2009, 03:53 PM
Looks like my Fighmaster will be switching back to Fortefighter for this event while my Gunmaster will be doing some nice leveling. My techer is pulled between Acrotecher and Masterforce, looks like it will be Acrotecher for this event for her though.

Calsetes
Jan 22, 2009, 04:05 PM
My fortefighter's planning on toting his awesome awesome weapons. They're so awesome, people don't realize how awesomely uber-amazing they are.

....like my dark Flowen's Sword +2

..........or my 18% light Blackheart with a whole +0 anything.

They may not be the best weapons, but I can handle them pretty well, even without having capped PAs for them.

mvffin
Jan 22, 2009, 04:29 PM
how about cards? those seem like they would work pretty well, shoot and dodge at the same time...

obscurejenko
Jan 23, 2009, 03:01 AM
looks like AT all the way for me. 46%+ vish adacs(stun ftw) and deva-zashis for the mages. plus buffs and debuffs at lvl 50

LLSmoothJ
Jan 23, 2009, 04:06 AM
And I was hoping on leveling my beast at this event. Aw well, since my main (Fighgunner) and my other two characters (Fortegunner/Guntecher and Acrofighter/techer respectively) all uses Twin Handguns I should be set. But still...

Celi-Ka
Jan 23, 2009, 04:31 AM
I'm mainly going to be using Acrotecher, whether it be on my Cast or Newman, I haven't decided yet. My Beast will probably be either Fighgunner or Acrofighter. Kinda depends on the first few runs.

desturel
Jan 27, 2009, 03:30 PM
Okay, I've now done the bonus mission 6 times. Beaten it 3 times as 2 different classes and came close with one class.

I came close with my Beast Female Gunmaster

I beast it with my Human Female Acrofighter and my Neuman Male Masterforce

That's right, masterforce. It's not impossible.

As acrofighter I mainly used a Storm (rising hit 30, burning hit 30) and Blackheart (Rising Strike 34) combo. I think I changed to twin handguns (twin rising 24, twin burn 24) once or twice. Never used a slicer. I failed as a acrofighter once. Twice I ended at stage 9 because everyone else in the party was dead and I didn't feel like trying to fight svaltus and rappy solo (yeah, I'm a puss :P ). The one time I beat it as acrofighter, I used Bukuu Saien-zan (Daiga-Misaki) and Frauduke (ice) which kept most of the creatures frozen. It was myself and another beast acrofighter in the last room, but he died to the last three Svaltus (defense beast). I managed to survive with only a couple of dimate left. Yay for Crimsic! (this was the first time I beat it so I was pretty pumped)

As Gunmaster, I mainly used twin handguns and shotgun. Shotgun for the large creatures and twin handguns for the small. I only used rifle (plasma shot 36) when the Delnadians came out. there weren't any problems until stage 10 when it was myself and the acrotecher left. I was using shotgun to do some quick damage to the Svaltus while the acrotecher was toss megid at the rappies and casting resta. It worked well and we got to the last three Svaltus. I happened to kill the first two with Barada Megiga, but the last one knocked me into one of the corner traps with a crit and I died. The acrotecher was able to take out the last Svaltus with a few foie since I was able to weaken it quite a bit. Next time if it gets down to the last two Svaltus I should probably switch to dark shot or frozen shot to keep on staggered while whoever else is with me deals with the other one. It's good since he did get the items.

Now for the big one, Masterforce. Since I didn't want to waste my friends tickets with my "trying it out" as masterforce, myself and another friend who wanted to try it out duo it as a masterforce pair. Our strategy was simple. Don't get hit and nuke the crap out of everything.

Foie
Rafoie
Gifoie
Nosdiga
Barta
Megid
Ramegid
Resta
Giresta
Reverser

We basically went back to back and where ever a dot popup up on the mini map, we nuked it with raspells. If they didn't die in two or three ra spells, we switched to foie. This worked perfectly until stage 8.

Since we knew when and where the Delnadian would show up, we left the last Zasharogan and regrouped to sabotage them with ramegid (confuse) and razonde (shock). We thought of using Noszonde, but that takes too long to go off and keeps us stuck in one place for too long. That worked although I had to switch to foie when one of them jumped towards us and almost killed us (it only takes one hit as far as I'm concerned). We made it past that stage with, but took a couple minutes break while thinking up a strategy for stage 9.

Foie and barta was decided on for stage 9. Barta for the Galdeen and foie for the Carriguine. We stood at the corners (never in the center) and throw barta down the line towards the galdeen. The carriguine always spawn towards the center so you can get them stuck on the corner. This worked well until the last three carriguine spawned and my friend got caught between two of them both charging with no where to run. Needless to say that ended ugly and I was left by myself. Lucky enough even though there were three of them, they were all stuck on corners running towards me. Foie took them out pretty easy.

I was going to quit at that point, but I was called unsavory words related to female genitalia if I didn't go through to the next stage so I decided to let myself be peer pressured into wasting some tickets (and really, I'm not too pressed about getting a super drill anyway). Ramegid and megid. That was it. I used dimates and trimates instead of resta. I can't really give a strategy except for running around in a circle and throwing out ramegid from time to time. It worked very well. Always chase behind the bomb counter instead of staying one ahead. it gives you a chance to attack (about two or three ramegid before moving onto the next spot). Megid was for when a Polec got too close and ramegid wasn't practical. When it got to the last spawn of three svaltus, I just did hit and run megid until they were dead. I chose megid over foie since I could tag multiple Svaltus with megid while foie only hits one target.

Of course I get to the end and get a halp serafi and a couple of plasma claws for all of my effort. :D I wish Adahna had been there. Nosdiga wears him out pretty quickly.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that it's not impossible for the master forces out there no matter what the OP may say in this thread. Find a few people you trust to watch your back, roll up your sleeves and knock it out. It's a very fun run considering you have to think of everything as a one hit kill. :)

Spend the time between rounds thinking up a strategy and don't listen to the people who say it's impossible for X or Y class.

Arika
Jan 27, 2009, 10:06 PM
I just want to add more tip also:
"don't be scared even if you are alone, it is easier to dodge monster attack that way"
reason: the most scary thing that can kill me is the monster that chase after my friends, but kill me.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 27, 2009, 11:08 PM
I just want to add more tip also:
"don't be scared even if you are alone, it is easier to dodge monster attack that way"
reason: the most scary thing that can kill me is the monster that chase after my friends, but kill me.

Doing stage 9 alone scared the crap out of me..... ^^;

desturel
Jan 28, 2009, 12:15 AM
Doing stage 9 alone scared the crap out of me..... ^^;

Honestly stage 9 was much easier than expected with the strategy we thought up. Stage 8 was the hardest one because the Delnadian can do that jump attack which reaches a good distance for a good amount of damage.

The room shape in stage 9 is critical to you being able to solo it. If it was any other stage with the side open areas, we couldn't do it. The fact that you can get them stuck charging towards you makes for an easy time of tossing foie across a gap and dodging nice slow megid. It doesn't even take too long (although I'm sure it would be quicker for a gunner).

mvffin
Jan 28, 2009, 12:41 AM
I have no problems with any of the stages except 10. If I wear sleep resist, I get stunned, and die. If I wear stun resist, I get put to sleep, then die. I am terrible at this stage.

desturel
Jan 28, 2009, 02:09 AM
I have no problems with any of the stages except 10. If I wear sleep resist, I get stunned, and die. If I wear stun resist, I get put to sleep, then die. I am terrible at this stage.

I wear stun resist. The rappy tend to throw where I was, not where I am. That and the grant ball that rappy throw dissipates after a certain distance while the stun wave can go from one corner of the map to another. There's no rush to kill everything at once. Take your time and pick your chances to attack. Finishing Stage 10 took me about 5 minutes which is a very long time for this run.

mvffin
Jan 28, 2009, 10:01 AM
its always within the first two seconds of the stage, its like this one stage just hates me. I'll just start getting the boxes after stage 9, its not worth it until adahna is released.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 28, 2009, 01:26 PM
Honestly stage 9 was much easier than expected with the strategy we thought up. Stage 8 was the hardest one because the Delnadian can do that jump attack which reaches a good distance for a good amount of damage.

The room shape in stage 9 is critical to you being able to solo it. If it was any other stage with the side open areas, we couldn't do it. The fact that you can get them stuck charging towards you makes for an easy time of tossing foie across a gap and dodging nice slow megid. It doesn't even take too long (although I'm sure it would be quicker for a gunner).

lol not the whole thing i mean when u see more then 1 carriguine pop up

desturel
Jan 28, 2009, 02:52 PM
lol not the whole thing i mean when u see more then 1 carriguine pop up

Heh. Well, I was pretty sure I was going to die when they showed up anyway so it didn't really scare me. You lose that fear of dying when you expect it to happen. That probably helped me out in the long run since I didn't panic and I didn't turn my back to run at any given time. Just watched where they were going and what they were doing while knocking them out one at a time.

Now the first time I did the room, I jumped when the carriguine showed up. I'll have to try and do it again as a masterforce. If I can get it down like that, then I should be able to do it as any class without too much problem (well except fighter which requires a completely different strategy).

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 28, 2009, 07:46 PM
I found melee can really do well with a slicer and Rising Crush (for Carriguines).