PDA

View Full Version : Rare missions question

Yamishira
Jan 22, 2009, 12:05 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before. Simply put, do we still need to be in a mission for atleast 5 minutes for a chance to get a rare mission?

Thanks!

Majarra
Jan 22, 2009, 02:23 AM
i believe you do.

Libram
Jan 22, 2009, 03:37 AM
I need to find a way to test the new system for the rare mission flags.

Things to test:
1. Multiple people can gain the flag.
2. Who has the flag needs to be the leader.
3. The flag will not disappear until a rare mission has been played.
4. The flag will disappear from the leader or all players who have it once they run a rare mission.

Hooboy, don't know how I'm gonna do that...

Silvx
Jan 22, 2009, 03:53 AM
I've yet to even see a Rare Mission XD

Chuck_Norris
Jan 22, 2009, 03:56 AM
Just a little tidbit my group found today. We finished a True Darkness run, got no message for a rare mission. We decided to switch to SEED Express, and lo' and behold, we got Illusionary Shaft. Maybe it doesn't show up on V1 missions? Otherwise, Sega might of fucked up again. :disapprove:

Chris28
Jan 22, 2009, 05:42 AM
I think because rare missions are AOTI exclusive, then you would have to do an AOTI mission in order to have a chance at a rare mission.

darkante
Jan 22, 2009, 06:03 AM
Just a little tidbit my group found today. We finished a True Darkness run, got no message for a rare mission. We decided to switch to SEED Express, and lo' and behold, we got Illusionary Shaft. Maybe it doesn't show up on V1 missions? Otherwise, Sega might of fucked up again. :disapprove:

Whaa? Damnit..i were looking forward to do more Hive runs knowing when i can go to a Rare mission whenever it shows up.

darkante
Jan 22, 2009, 06:06 AM
Or maybe because there's no special mission for the colony yet :o

Lol, i think you missread..if i know that the message shows up.
I will gladly just go to Neudaiz for it. I know Hive doesn´t have a rare mission yet. XD

darkante
Jan 22, 2009, 08:11 AM
I know what you mean. What I meant was, maybe it didn't tell you you had a rare mission because there is no rare mission for it to check for.

Again missreading, Chuck said that it can still pop up without telling.
Read his?

Cracka_J
Jan 22, 2009, 09:55 AM

Yeah chuck, I think zero is right.

There is no colony rare mission available, so doing True Darkness would not have given you any rare mission. You were tagged from a previous mission you or a friend ran on PARUM, NEUDIAZ, or MOATOOB. A party leader switch likely occurred after the TD run, and viola, the mystery rare mission popped up.

The person that had the rare mission tagged to them probably just never was party leader or never ran solo to see it pop up. They might have had it tagged to them for awhile.

Edit: see post below...not exactly sure how rare missions tag anymore.

necman
Jan 22, 2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah chuck, I think zero is right.

There is no colony rare mission available, so doing True Darkness would not have given you any rare mission. You were tagged from a previous mission you or a friend ran on PARUM, NEUDIAZ, or MOATOOB. A party leader switch likely occurred after the TD run, and viola, the mystery rare mission popped up.

The person that had the rare mission tagged to them probably just never was party leader or never ran solo to see it pop up. They might have had it tagged to them for awhile.

does the rare mission not get removed if you start any mission even if your not party leader? I have only seen a few rare missions. I don't think the problem where we had to disban to find it has been fixex either but it's still too much work to do reguardless.

stukasa
Jan 22, 2009, 12:01 PM
There is no colony rare mission available, so doing True Darkness would not have given you any rare mission.
Does it really work that way? I think I got FoI after doing a Parum mission before IS came out. Doesn't that mean you can get a rare mission even if the planet you're on doesn't have one yet?

Also, I thought the rare mission disappeared if you started another run. How could you still be tagged from a previous run? Or am I just misunderstanding what you said? @_@

Let's try a different approach. Has anyone actually gotten the "rare mission" message since Tuesday's update?

Cracka_J
Jan 22, 2009, 12:25 PM
Well, after re-reading the release notes on PSUpedia, I'm not sure anymore.

literally copied/pasted off their update page:

The method of finding a rare mission (http://psupedia.info/Rare_free_mission) has been modified as follows:

Any party member can receive a rare mission; it is no longer exclusive to the leader.
When a party member receives a rare mission, a message will be displayed on the screens of all party members to say who received the mission.
Eligible players must be in the field at the time of a mission's end.
Eligible players must have been a part of the party for at least 80% of the total mission time.
The number of people in a party no longer affects the chances of receiving a rare mission.

So I dunno. Previously, I had thought to obtain a rare mission, the mission being ran must be on a planet that actually had a rare mission available. Then you could transfer out to whichever of the 3 you'd want to play. Since GC has no rare mission available, I didn't think it's available to tag a rare mission there.

But since ST is so sketchy on the release notes and the GM's don't give much more information, I suppose it's anyone's guess. Disregard what I said earlier, lol. I'm as lost as you guys now.

Vent
Jan 22, 2009, 12:33 PM
Has anyone even got such a message? I only see people getting rare missions without the message appearing. I mean, where and when is it supposed to appear? As a special window? As a message as if you got a rare item? Just after the 'Trial cleared' message? Or after you entered the lobby?

I would really like to see a screenshot of it too.

DoperDan420x
Jan 22, 2009, 12:42 PM
I need to find a way to test the new system for the rare mission flags.

Things to test:
1. Multiple people can gain the flag.
2. Who has the flag needs to be the leader.
3. The flag will not disappear until a rare mission has been played.
4. The flag will disappear from the leader or all players who have it once they run a rare mission.

Hooboy, don't know how I'm gonna do that...

well i hope SOMEONE can answer a few of these questions, cuz thats the stuff we need to know. i personally have not found a rare mission since the update, and the part saying that other players cannot contribute to your chance at a rare map, kind of makes me want to play solo. then again it also says that the chance of finding it solo has changed as well, but it doesnt say if the chance is better or worse. WTF is going on?!

stukasa
Jan 22, 2009, 01:18 PM
Has anyone even got such a message? I only see people getting rare missions without the message appearing. I mean, where and when is it supposed to appear? As a special window? As a message as if you got a rare item? Just after the 'Trial cleared' message? Or after you entered the lobby?

I would really like to see a screenshot of it too.
I haven't gotten a rare mission since the update but I remember seeing a screenshot from the JP server a while back. The message basically looks the same as when you pick up a rare item, except I think it's pink and says "(player) got the rare mission!" (or something like that). I *think* the message shows up as soon as you clear the trial but since I don't play on the JP server I'm not 100% sure. Maybe a JP player can clear that up.

DoperDan420x
Jan 22, 2009, 02:09 PM
is that how it works now?

EspioKaos
Jan 22, 2009, 02:12 PM
Yes. Right after you clear a mission, the message will scroll up the right-hand side of everyone's screen.

Also, it's been confirmed that the rare mission text doesn't work properly yet: http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=96883

The problem has been reported and confirmed by SonicTeam. Not sure when the fix will arrive, but they're working on it.

Also, even though the English servers don't have Holy Hallucination yet, you still can earn a rare mission by playing a G-Colony mission. When I started playing on the JP servers, I ran through MAG+ once and at the end got a rare mission flag. This was before the colony's rare mission was released, so I went to play Illusionary Shaft (since at the time I hadn't gotten to play it on the EN side).