PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU JP PC/PS2 - AOTI update (追加アップデート) slated for spring 2009

Pages : [1] 2

EspioKaos
Jan 22, 2009, 12:56 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/update/

This spring, a massive update will be hitting the JP version of Ambition of the Illuminus. It will be released for the PC version as a free downloadable patch. (The PS2 will not be left out entirely, as certain aspects of the update will carry over. However it is noted that the PC version is the targeted platform for these modifications.) New items will be added, balance adjustments will be made and there will also be a new growth system.

New items
* Many new weapons from PSP will be released, some of which you can see at the link above.

Battle system adjustments
* Photon art balances will be made.
* Type and race adjustments will be made.
* SUV weapons will be balanced.
* Just counter (exact counter) will be adjusted to make you invincible during the counter.

Character ability customization
* Characters which have reached the level cap will be able to turn excess EXP into "points."
* These points can then be used to customize a character's abilities.

Room function additions
* Common box functions will be expanded upon.
* Item transfer between entrances (JP only)

Interface function additions
* The ability to protect items that are dear to you will be added so that you can't accidentally sell them off.
* Online status function additions will be made.
* Chat commands will be added that will allow you to do things such as change line shields.

Mission conditions
* More varied missions will be added, such as those that are limited to particular levels and character types.

Billing system additions
* Aside from the GUARDIANS License, "PSU Tickets" will go on sale. When bought, these will give players access to optional in-game content such as exclusive missions, weapon grinding, weapon and line shield elemental changes, attribute percent increases and more. Purchased PSU Tickets can be saved for later use. (For example, you can buy them in bulk and spread their use out over time.)

---

The update page was updated on February 3 to add the following information.

Common box functions
* Common box capacity will be increased from 32 to 100 items.
* You will be able to have multiple stacks of the same item in your common box (just like you can in a Photon Gacha). Technically, I think you can do this now by using the transfer function from certain NPC vendors, but I'm taking this as now it's something you can do while standing at your common box.
* The delivery function available at NPCs will be replaced by a free-of-charge service that let's you access your common box from the NPC.

Entrance 1 and 2 item transfer
* Single accounts with characters on both E1 and E2 will be able to access the common box of either Entrance from any of their rooms to allow for item transfer between all characters.

"Go to room" options
* A function will be added to partner cards which will allow you to immediately transfer to someone's room from their card. (However, you will not be able to do this from your own card.)
* For single account characters on different Entrances, a menu will be added to allow you to move to the room of a different character on your account.

Item lock
* Pictures were added to display this function. Basically, when you select to lock an item, its name will appear in red text and menu functions such as "drop" will be grayed out.

Online status functions
* The list of selectable online status indicators will be removed and replaced with the ability to type in your own text for your status.
* Status names you create will be saved.
* Online status will now be shown over your character's head along with their name.
* Your current online status will show up on your partner card when someone views it in their list.

Screenshot functions
* You will be able to take screenshots that do not display parts of the HUD such as other players' status indicators.

New billing system options
* "PSU Tickets" are now known as "GUARDIANS Cash."
* Exclusive missions will require payment each time they're played.
* With these missions, the option will be given for the leader to cover the cost of the mission for all party members or for each party member to pay their own way.
* Unlike the normal grinding system, the optional pay-to-upgrade system will never fail. However, a maximum number of upgrades will be established to limit the number of times a weapon or line shield can be modified.

Concerning PS2 users
* All PS2 users will have access to the system file upgrades offered by this update, but they will not receive visual upgrades for new items. However, new items will be available to PS2 users. These items will simply use existing in-game visuals, though the names, descriptions and stats will be unique. Just as it is now, even after the update, PS2 players will be able to log in to the PC version of the game using their PSU ID and password and vice versa. As it stands, the goal is to implement as many features to PS2 users as possible (outside of the graphical restrictions), but the limits of such have not been determined yet. More information will be released in the future.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 22, 2009, 12:58 AM
PSU de Cash Shop

Trey
Jan 22, 2009, 01:00 AM
O_O O wow THIS looks AWESOME!!!
especially that EXP patch.
THanks Espio for the Information

Macras
Jan 22, 2009, 01:01 AM
most of this looks like winsauce

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 22, 2009, 01:17 AM
Holy crap.
Good stuff.

xBladeM6x
Jan 22, 2009, 01:20 AM
The purchasing of items with real money is stupid. That's like MapleStory. >_>

Everything on there is a fucking orgasm aside from that though. :D Although I think they are doing all of this, to really push the end-game. For some reason it looks like they are setting the game up to not get anymore updates after this. :-? (Just a thought though)

That "EXP Points" thing will be awesome, but I'm just worried about this making it to the Xbox 360 servers.

ShuttleXpC
Jan 22, 2009, 01:25 AM
So what's gonna happen with the 360? Are they going to have these updates as well? I know its early, but by the sound of it, they cannot update the PS2 version really. The 360 does have a HDD (unlike the newer PS2 models) so who knows.

Xaeris
Jan 22, 2009, 01:40 AM
* Just counter (exact counter) will be adjusted to make you invincible during the counter.

Holy. ****. This is amazing, fantastic, stupendous, marvelous, excellent, magnif-

* "PSU Tickets" will be sold that will allow players to gain even more new content such as exclusive missions, weapons and line shield strengthening.

Dot dot dot.

stukasa
Jan 22, 2009, 01:44 AM
*stunned silence* (I wonder when NA/EU is getting this...)

* Characters which have reached the level cap will be able to turn excess EXP into "points."
I don't know exactly what this means but it sounds awesome! :D

That last part about "PSU tickets" sounds pretty greedy though. xD Oh well, can't say I'm surprised.

Mike
Jan 22, 2009, 01:44 AM
All the more reason to get my gaming PC fixed. Except for this:

Billing system additions
* "PSU Tickets" will be sold that will allow players to gain even more new content such as exclusive missions, weapons and line shield strengthening.

This can go, we don't need this. Everyone's a subscriber, you don't need to double ding us with this junk. Take it away.

This sounds like what they did in Hellgate: London and you know what happened to Hellgate: London.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 22, 2009, 01:47 AM
All the more reason to get my gaming PC fixed. Except for this:

This can go, we don't need this. Everyone's a subscriber, you don't need to double ding us with this junk. Take it away.

This sounds like what they did in Hellgate: London and you know what happened to Hellgate: London.

They did it first in Everquest, and Everquest is still an active MMORPG.

ShuttleXpC
Jan 22, 2009, 01:50 AM
Its what they did in FFXI too, and that game is still very active.

DAMASCUS
Jan 22, 2009, 01:52 AM
Maybe buying things that don't exist will help the economy D:

..seriously though this sounds like a primer for the last expansion which is pretty exciting.

It reminds me of when just before AOTI came out and they threw in some partial upgrades as a teaser..

PS I can't imagine the 'tickets' making the trip to the US/360 camp. It just sounds too...gimmicky

Mike
Jan 22, 2009, 01:53 AM
They did it first in Everquest, and Everquest is still an active MMORPG.

Which one, the level or the tickets, or both? I haven't played FFXI or Everquest in years so I'm not familiar with how they deal with things.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 22, 2009, 01:57 AM
(Most of) the things on this list looks awesome. I only hope PS3 is able to get that PC only stuff too. ._.

Inazuma
Jan 22, 2009, 02:07 AM
everything sounds great except for the psu tickets thing. depending on how they handle that, i may consider quitting the game.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 22, 2009, 02:14 AM
Which one, the level or the tickets, or both? I haven't played FFXI or Everquest in years so I'm not familiar with how they deal with things.

The points. Everquest had a system called Alternate Advancement. Once you hit level 51 (this was when 60 was the cap, iirc). You could set a percentage of your exp to be filtered into the Alternate Advancement pool. When you got enough in that bar, you levelled up and got an AA point. You could spend these on enhancements. Of course, once you reached the cap, ALL of your exp would be going in there.

Majarra
Jan 22, 2009, 02:22 AM
well this MIGHT come out in 2011 if the US/EU servers are still up by then....And points? Arent the classes strong enough?

buzyb77
Jan 22, 2009, 02:48 AM

This spring, a massive update will be hitting the JP version of Ambition of the Illuminus. It will be released for the PC version as a free downloadable patch. (The PS2 will not be left out entirely, as certain aspects of the update will carry over. However it is noted that the PC version is the targeted platform for these modifications.) New items will be added, balance adjustments will be made and there will also be a new growth system.

New items
* Many new weapons from PSP will be released, some of which you can see at the link above.

Room function additions

* The ability to protect items that are dear to you will be added so that you can't accidentally sell them off.
* Chat commands will be added along with line shield modifications.

Mission conditions
* More varied missions will be added, such as those that are limited to particular levels and character types.

Billing system additions

I hope the 360 gets this too but... I doubt it...

HyperShot-X-
Jan 22, 2009, 02:54 AM
honestly, i think more details & specifics are needed to fully grasp the extent of this update, even for PSP new weps addition can't tell if all of them will be transfered or only some will. Too bad just counter can't be fully controlled unlike just attack, it's more like random button mashing to make it happen accidentally.. :/

unicorn
Jan 22, 2009, 03:01 AM

I smell Jabroga + Majarra nerfs. Tech boosts, Frag bullet boosts, Paradi Nerf, all good stuff? :3

But really, all that stuff sounds reeeally good. I wonder how its going to be executed... Of course I don't see us getting this until like.... October-November...March 2010?

Shou
Jan 22, 2009, 03:09 AM
Techers do 3x damage! Techers do 3x damage! Techers do 3x damage!

... a guy can dream cant he? >_>

Atomic646
Jan 22, 2009, 03:11 AM
[quote=EspioKaos;2238575]http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/update/

so is this going to be like "meriting" In FFXI?

LuigiMario
Jan 22, 2009, 03:31 AM
The purchasing of items with real money is stupid. That's like MapleStory. >_>

Everything on there is a fucking orgasm aside from that though. :D Although I think they are doing all of this, to really push the end-game. For some reason it looks like they are setting the game up to not get anymore updates after this. :-? (Just a thought though)

That "EXP Points" thing will be awesome, but I'm just worried about this making it to the Xbox 360 servers.

The last update before they get this shall be the final US/Europe update.....Mark my words.

Is JP's PSO still up and running(updates included)? Is this update mainly for PC? Does 360 have the bigger population?

THE END IS NEAR.....

ChronoTrigga
Jan 22, 2009, 03:34 AM
Hopefully this means you can add extra stat points like how you could with materials in PSO for further customization instead of everyone being the same. Helloooooooo Newman Fighmasters. :)

Pika
Jan 22, 2009, 03:35 AM
thats just awesome o.o hopefully it gets here eventually.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 22, 2009, 03:53 AM
I'm hoping for a sort of...Perk System. (Assuming these points are hard to get, say...1 point every million exp?) you could spend 1 or more points on a single stat, maybe 3 to add a resistance to a single element? Raising an internal resistance to that element by...5%? This would stack with your armor's resistance as well. Maybe put 5-7 points in for an attack/casting speed boost for that character. That would also stack with any boosts the class would have. :wacko:

xzidanex
Jan 22, 2009, 04:00 AM
PSU... cash shop...? Lame. Unless they make the game free of course. But that won't happen.

Criss
Jan 22, 2009, 04:23 AM
Wow. All of that just looks like pure awesome. Aside from the part with PSU tickets... sounds too much like a cash shop. But if it gives nice little perks or unique things that are just for show or fun and don't actually give too much of an advantage in gameplay, I'm all for it. But considering it's Sega, I'm not too hopeful about that. Hopefully they toss in some little optimisations to the code while they're at it.

Rayokarna
Jan 22, 2009, 04:43 AM
Heh, good news. Can't wait to get this.

Mike
Jan 22, 2009, 04:44 AM
The points. Everquest had a system called Alternate Advancement. Once you hit level 51 (this was when 60 was the cap, iirc). You could set a percentage of your exp to be filtered into the Alternate Advancement pool. When you got enough in that bar, you levelled up and got an AA point. You could spend these on enhancements. Of course, once you reached the cap, ALL of your exp would be going in there.

That's not too horrible. In HG:L you could do something similar but a lot of people had the feeling that it was just something to do instead of raising the low level cap. My main beef with this news (though it's fairly early to be having beefs with news) is the ticket shop.

Is JP's PSO still up and running(updates included)?

Yes. There are events and the main page is regularly updated but I don't think there will be many more updates, if any.

Hopefully this means you can add extra stat points like how you could with materials in PSO for further customization instead of everyone being the same. Helloooooooo Newman Fighmasters. :)

This brings up the question of limits. It's all too early to know much about this though.

Magus_84
Jan 22, 2009, 07:03 AM
Huh, awesome. Probably.

I wonder what the "class, type and photon art" adjustments are...but the "invincible during Just Counter" thing is already a big boost to any melee class with EVP. Like...any Human/Newman non-FF/FM melee class.

Merit points could either be really awesome (y helo thar reason to use capped mains) or utterly horrible. I'd rather it be unique but not overpowering stuff rather than just slight stat gains. Need to see more.

Cash shop is sorta disturbing...but the translation I'd seen so far seems like it's adding and changing attributes on weapons/armor, and accessing a special mission. Credit for the stuff below goes to Simonckli of the official PSU forums. Not sure where he got it from. >_>

Quote:
ガーディアンズライセンス(サーバー利用権)のほかに、PSUチケット(仮)を販売いたします。PSUチケ ット(仮)を別途購入すると、専用ミッション、武器の強化、武器・シールドラインの属性変更、属性率アップ などゲーム内の様々なオプションサービスを利用することができます。PSUチケット(仮)は追加して購入す ることができ、貯めておくことが可能です。

Quote:
I will sell the PSU ticket (temporary) besides guardian Zraisens (server use right). When the PSU ticket (temporary) is separately bought, a variety of option services in the game of a special mission, strengthening arms, the attribute change in arms and the shield line, and the attribute rate improvements, etc. can be used. The PSU ticket (temporary) can be bought by adding it, and can be saved.

This is bad, players can buy items that change their weapons or line shields' attribute rate and change elements .

What do you want to bet that the "special mission" is an alternate version of the rare missions, or something comparable? Basically, something to force-feed MP/Exp to a character.

"Strengthening arms" sounds like a grinder-auto-succeed, if I had to guess.

If it's "just" "leveling up fast" and "changing equips that you could change normally by grinding luck or hunting better stuff"...the cash shop won't be as horrible as it could be. Hopefully they'll stick to simply cheapening people's efforts, instead of completely obsoleting anyone who doesn't buy stuff. Still bad, but not as bad as I can imagine.

Edit: Those dual-saber-looking Twin electric guitars are awesome. @_@

RemiusTA
Jan 22, 2009, 08:27 AM
Billing system additions
*PSU Tickets will be sold that will allow players to gain even more new content such as exclusive missions, weapons and line shield strengthening.

*FACEPALM*

A P2P MMO with a Cash Shop? What the FUCK?

amtalx
Jan 22, 2009, 08:30 AM
Looks interesting. I'm a little skeptical of what they are going to do to PAs and SUVs though.

Cracka_J
Jan 22, 2009, 09:10 AM
Hopefully the part about this update being "targeted for PC" means they are trying to phase out the cancer that is PS2. PS2 may have been what the game was initially designed for, but as we've seen with the new visual techs and other gameplay elements, PS2 has long outstayed it's welcome. Time to upgrade people.

The cash shop, imo, is utter fail though. If/when it is permanently announced that PSU will become not only a pay-to-play, but pay-to-have-the-best-gear, I think my time here will be done. I don't play any of those games like maple story, perfect world, whatever....and I have no intentions to. I think when we get more information on this game addition, and if the cash shop is what I think it is, it's sayanora time for J. Until then... :)

Calsetes
Jan 22, 2009, 09:13 AM
With this "point customization" thing, this sounds a bit like what they do in Final Fantasy XI, where after hitting 75 with a job you can get "merits" or something like that to improve your stats and abilities. I think that'll be pretty cool (though it might further the "elitest" way of thinking with some people). And I've never been a huge fan of item shops, but I have been known to plunk literally a few dollars in one here or there. If there's something incredibly useful that doesn't wear out after 2 hours, then I'll gladly buy an item or two from it.

EspioKaos
Jan 22, 2009, 09:17 AM
Cash shop is sorta disturbing...but the translation I'd seen so far seems like it's adding and changing attributes on weapons/armor, and accessing a special mission. Credit for the stuff below goes to Simonckli of the official PSU forums. Not sure where he got it from. >_>

[I]Quote:
ガーディアンズライセンス(サーバー利用権)のほかに、PSUチケット(仮)を販売いたします。PSUチケ ット(仮)を別途購入すると、専用ミッション、武器の強化、武器・シールドラインの属性変更、属性率アップ などゲーム内の様々なオプションサービスを利用することができます。PSUチケット(仮)は追加して購入す ることができ、貯めておくことが可能です。

I've edited this into the main post now. The info about changing elements and percents with these tickets wasn't mentioned in the original text, so it seems they updated things a bit overnight. Originally, they had it where it was listed as "line shield strengthening," but their new wording makes things lot clearer.

joefro
Jan 22, 2009, 09:23 AM
This seems like a big end-game update, it also seems like a leet-ist dream. Some people will have no problem at all with paying $500 for a 50% Agito Repca. Fail Sega FAIL.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 22, 2009, 09:24 AM
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up0512.jpg
The current state of the servers... Pray the changes they make are enough to revive the game...

Calsetes
Jan 22, 2009, 09:32 AM
True, but if someone's willing to pay $500 for a 50% Repca, then that shows how massively gargantuan their life outside Phantasy Star is (or more likely, their lack of said life). Still, I wouldn't mind shelling out..... let's say a buck or two to get a weapon up to 50%. That'd only cost me a total of about $12 to get a full 50% palette for my fortefighter.

Then again, this is me hoping for a best-case scenario. In all likelihood it will end up being a dollar per 10% increase, maybe even less......

Edit: That's about 2000-2200% more stars than the non-Japanese PC servers, which would be nice.

Cracka_J
Jan 22, 2009, 09:33 AM
woooow....where did jp go?

Rambo!
Jan 22, 2009, 09:33 AM
The only ticket they should sell is a ticket to transfer your character from one server to another aka 360 to pc or pc to 360 when the cash shop shows up I am gone from this.

edit wow I didn't see the picture maybe they will merge the 2 servers while there at it lol

wait that would involve effort.

Dhylec
Jan 22, 2009, 09:56 AM
Looks like good news for now. Let's wait & see how ST implement this.

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 10:17 AM

Balance? In my PSU?

Paradi nerf and tech buff? Or maybe just buff Sturm and Grom Attacker to be as strong as Paradi is what they mean by balance. Then we'll also finally have Black Beasts with axes!!! (outside of those in Bladed Legacy that is)

Hmm, I like the idea of a masterforce only mission, the limited in levels thing sounds a bit frustrating. All 4 of my characters are max level and I don't want to delete any of them just to try out some missions that are level 10-20 only. I guess it makes sense so the newer players can hunt for items that high levels can't. Plus it helps people who like to delete their characters as soon as they reach max level as they can run the low level economy pretty efficiently.

Rayokarna
Jan 22, 2009, 10:21 AM
If the 'PSU Tickets' are pretty much the PSU Version of Gallon's shop then meh. But if they introduce the type of customization like the S-Rank Weapons from PSO, I'm in.

Dragwind
Jan 22, 2009, 10:41 AM
Wow. I sure hope they hired some more experienced staff with online games to implement or design some of these changes. Previous adjustments haven't exactly been all that beneficial to the game, but I'm looking forward to this one. Just goes to show how much their main market appeals to them when they dwindle, ay? :wacko:

I'm not excited about the ticket feature though. I am looking forward however to a Majarra and Jabroga nerf to make other PAs a bit more useful. Also interested in the type adjustments as well, hybrids need some improvements in my opinion. I'm also curious on this character points system for extra customization. I don't get what else there would be to improve.

Calsetes
Jan 22, 2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, with this character point system, you could make a really strong or really tech-focused character that would actually be a somewhat decent wartecher (as opposed to kinda.... sucking in both aspects, from my experience with it).

Immovable One
Jan 22, 2009, 10:51 AM
Wait.

I read something about "chat commands".

Is this like in PSZ where you get to give orders to your party members?
Does this mean the NPCs will be more useful now?

Golto
Jan 22, 2009, 10:57 AM
I wish the character ability points could be used to add different weapon types/ranks being equippable.

Magician
Jan 22, 2009, 11:09 AM
I wish the character ability points could be used to add different weapon types/ranks being equippable.

I don't believe we would be able to add weapon types, but increasing the rank of the weapons that each class uses, once you reach the cap, would be nice. S-rank sword, claw, madoog, whip, twin saber, and card for the WT?

Yes please!

Seira7
Jan 22, 2009, 11:10 AM
I guess for everyone, it was all pretty exciting until we got to the last part. I think the game is pretty expensive monthly for a this sort of game...an orpg limited in scope and content and whatnot.
Charging more seems highly greedy. And its a dungeon crawler, the sole purpose is to hunt items in-game to make yourself stronger. Not buy them with rl cash...dunno...

But the rest sounds really interesting. However, Im on 360, and I really cant see them implementing a cash shop thing on the platform. Or maybe they could, theres a lot of games with DLC. *shrug*
What do I know. I really want the update, even with the cash shop crap. I was just so excited about PSP weapons.

Alnet
Jan 22, 2009, 11:28 AM
Oh. My. God.

Times like these make me wish (for the millionth time) that I were fluent in Japanese...

Erm... a few thoughts.
- The "Capped characters gain points instead of EXP" means I'll probably never use my Alnet character again, since he's actually the lowest level of my three. XD But seriously, this is fantastic. We now have some say over our character stats, similar to the "HP/TP/Power/Mind/etc. Material"s of old.

- The "Photon Art Adjustment" is a bit ambiguous. I'm hoping this is the long-demanded "techs hit multiple hitboxes" update.

- "Ability to protect important equipment". GOD YES. I'm so afraid of accidentally selling off certain unequipped items, since it doesn't ask you "are you sure you want to sell?" when you're over equipment. One flip of the finger, and it's gone.

- SUV adjusted but not Nanoblast? I can't really comment on this one, though, since I don't play a Beast and so I don't know about Nanoblast from experience.

- Not really in favor of the ticket thing... Unless those "exclusive missions" don't have "exclusive content" locked away behind them that people will never ever see without paying more money. That's what it sounds like, though.

Overall, I'm very curious.

Arika
Jan 22, 2009, 11:34 AM
>>>this 2 alone might be the come back of techer class!! , but where are the option for everybody to on/off full visual tech?

>>> Sound like a very good idea of copy from FFXI, but the fact is that it will be bad as long as some mission give you higher exp/better rewards than all other, people will only spam 1 mission at the endless time to get those point.

SO they need to add
-1. option for maximum visual tech level.
-2. balance all the current mission between time require/rewards.

kakamine
Jan 22, 2009, 11:40 AM
Billing system additions
* Aside from the GUARDIANS License, "PSU Tickets" will go on sale. When bought, these will give players access to optional in-game content such as exclusive missions, weapon grinding, weapon and line shield elemental changes, attribute percent increases and more. Purchased PSU Tickets can be saved for later use. (For example, you can buy them in bulk and spread their use out over time.)

lol.....

Zorafim
Jan 22, 2009, 11:56 AM
Cash shop and merit points... I really don't like the sound of that. I really hope this isn't the birth of elitism in PSU.

Rayokarna
Jan 22, 2009, 12:02 PM
Cash shop and merit points... I really don't like the sound of that. I really hope this isn't the birth of elitism in PSU.

Poor choice of words?

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 12:04 PM
- SUV adjusted but not Nanoblast? I can't really comment on this one, though, since I don't play a Beast and so I don't know about Nanoblast from experience.

Nanoblast is pretty well balanced. It doesn't do it's damage all at once, it spreads it's damage over time. Also you have to choose between doing a large amount of damage or being invincible and doing less damage. Plus there is a start up and end time for nanoblasts which means that anyone who wants to can tag any enemy on the screen before the nanoblast completely occurs. Then there's the fact that currently, unless you are facing a large creature that doesn't have knockback, photon arts do more damage than nano.

So if you have a room with 10 orcadillian, a SUV will clear the room before someone can blink twice and the use of the SUV is completely immune during the process. Meanwhile you could nanoblast with the 10 orcadillian, but you would have to chase them all down in the time allotted by the blast and kill them individually and unless you are using the Vande Val, there is a good chance of you getting run over and dying before you actually get to kill them all.

There is also the added issue that Nanoblasts can miss attacks (other than Zeed Val which I've never missed with, but haven't used in a few months). Which means less damage. Meanwhile, I haven't seen Paradi miss a target. (Sturm I've seen miss before).

The regular hit hits two targets. The special hit (stomp for males, flip for females) hits three targets which is much more limited than the SUV which hits everything within a radius and stacks a status effect on top of any damage it does. (attack down, defense down, freeze, stun, etc)

Nanoblast helps when dealing with large creatures and bosses, but outside of that, it's not really useful to pull it out. SUV can be pulled out at any time after the bar is full without much repercussion unless you are time attacking in which case you save it for specific spawns.

The only down side to an SUV is that it counts as a bullet, so it does half damage to bullet resistant enemies, which really isn't a problem since more and more casts are going fighter. They have their fighter skills for bullet resistant enemies and SUV for the melee resistant enemies that aren't bullet resistant, or maybe just to stick a status onto a bullet and melee resistant enemy.

ANIMEniac
Jan 22, 2009, 12:04 PM
wow all of this is violently awesome!!! the only thing i am concerned about it the ticket system, as long as you can't sell items that have been modified it will be awesome (i dont need to see ppl doing this just to make money in game)

Cracka_J
Jan 22, 2009, 12:05 PM
I really hope this isn't the birth of elitism in PSU.

lol...
bit late for that.

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 12:06 PM
I really hope this isn't the birth of elitism in PSU.

Are you being sarcastic or did you miss all of the "no master force" and "cast only" parties that are around in PSU?

Will_Nonheim
Jan 22, 2009, 12:15 PM
Betcha I'm the only one to be pissed off at this update-- I can't get the PC version at all, so I am stuck on PS2-- Which is not getting new items, obviously, which is what I'd like.

Congrats Segac! Thanks to you I'll most very likely quit when this update comes by since it'll only change a few numbers for me.

Ryno
Jan 22, 2009, 12:25 PM
oh. this is JP servers update... not U.S. (ok skip..next...can't wait for tom. update! Winter Carnival) this JP update it is not exciting to me maybe to others, but it will be exciting when it hits U.S. servers. but right now boring for now since Majority of us U.S. servers can't play it. am I right? I think I am. =D

soo.. tom. winter Carnival! is going to be fun! and exciting! =)

Neith
Jan 22, 2009, 12:26 PM
Nice update, shame PS2 users are somewhat....boned.

Especially liking the lock on valuable items, its a feature that should've been implemented from day 1, in my opinion.

Edit:
Type and race adjustments will be made.

PLEASE make Newmans less useless (i.e make melee/gunner more viable!). I run a Newman fF/FM and a Newman WT, but I still think it's a shame they're restricted to so little jobs because of native stats. Just a small ATP boost would make a lot of difference to me :wacko:

San Anto
Jan 22, 2009, 12:35 PM
Nerf CAST please Kbai.

Nakamo
Jan 22, 2009, 12:48 PM
Hooray, limit points. I'll never get there! :wacko:

Seority
Jan 22, 2009, 12:49 PM
With the PA balance it's going to be more then just mejarra and jabroga getting nerfed. If it was only those two, other PA's will rise to be "broken" (Meaning like, with the top ones gone, the ones just below it will be top and therefore, over-powering. There needs to be equivilance with all PAs). I believe they are going to balance all PA's to where they are needed to be for equality. Things like Gravity Break will do high damage due to it's slow speed and few hits while things like Mejarra will do less damage since it's fast and hits many times. I don't mean over-all damage completely, but damage per hit.) That will make things fair to me.
Also, it's a PA balance, not a melee PA balance, so yes I believe that techs and bullets will be altered in this as well. (Even though I don't see a problem with techs/bullets as long as some melee weapon PAs are nerfed down some, like most of us do.)

For the SUV "balance" we all know it's pretty much nerfing Paradi and maybe Sturm. It's sad to see the "easy mode" button going, but it has to be done. I think Paradi should be used for it's freezing ablity, not for most damage.

As for race rebalancing, Whaaaa?
I know that beasts and casts are dominating and that a small nerf to them or boost to humans and newmans would even things out. Since the SUV balance is there as well, CASTS wont have much else besides accuracy to boost upon. (That's only if these new blanaces will acctually balance everything heh heh.)

Calsetes
Jan 22, 2009, 12:50 PM
We in the US are probably getting this update.....

let's see, divide by Pi and carry the 1, extract it by the ocean currents and increase it to the power of the Mikei index dependent on the strength of the rubel....

...... about next presidential election.

Still, it'll be awesome when we finally do get it. And who knows, Will, you might have a PC by that time, and they might offer free downloads like the Japanese version.

ChibiBecca
Jan 22, 2009, 01:07 PM
it would be nice if they stated exactly what we PS2 users will be missing out on with that update, as i know they can't give us content that's not already on the disk. ^^; (guessing this means no new weapons and etc)

because these updates sound fun, but not so much if we're going to end up like 'vanilla' PSU.

(may have to invest in an upgrade to my laptop to switch me and will to PC version, but would it be worth it just to play one game? upgrades can be pricy)

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 01:15 PM
With the PA balance it's going to be more then just mejarra and jabroga getting nerfed.

I'm not so much worried about fixing Majarra/Jabroga as I am about them fixing some PAs that sorely need fixing.

Masei-sou (the worse PA in the game at this moment)
Chousei-sou
Kyumeisei-shiki
Mayalee Fury (with the rifle update, this PA has gone the way of the dodo).
Mayalee Shot (give it the knockback and the level 5 status and it's good, as it is, it's a waste of PA frags)
Megiverse needs to get rid of it's start up lag and hit right from the second it is cast.

Fix most bullets to be ATA based.
Bows and Cards to be TP based.
Give protranser a TP boost for Bows.

Since Rentis and Dizas are never coming out, it would be nice (but not expected) to have a sixth light and ground tech.

After those are addressed, then I would worry about Majarra/Jabroga.

Csero
Jan 22, 2009, 01:35 PM
I want new CAST parts.

Sad, I know, all this and all I can think about is looking sexier...

_Vyser_
Jan 22, 2009, 01:38 PM
Looks like an awesome update, I can't wait! I just hope males finally get better-looking clothes/parts...

Although my main is a CAST, I'm glad they're changing SUVs. I love using Paradi, but even I think it's waaay too strong (assuming Paradi is a target for balancing). Personally, I hope they don't nerf any of the classes, but make Humans and Newmans stronger (don't remember if Beasts need an adjustment, been awhile since I've played my Beast alt.)

Like everyone else, I'm not too excited about the cash shop. If nothing game-breaking is in it, I'll be ok with it. It would be nice if there was something that let you customize what weapons your class could use (with limitations of course).

Well, I hope we get this update has some nice adjustments to teching and makes the hybrid classes stronger (go go AF!)

Zarode
Jan 22, 2009, 01:40 PM
Ugh, cash shop. :|

And the Japanese are more than willing to roll out the dough...

Rayokarna
Jan 22, 2009, 01:42 PM
Bows and Cards to be TP based.
Give protranser a TP boost for Bows.

This is definatly a no go area. Unless they give CASTs and Beasts a huge TP increase I don't see this working. Since PT miss enough with Bows (Sorry, but PTs ATA mod is a pile of shit) when they don't need to be incredibly nerfed for every other Race except Newmans (Who not only play the class the least, most of them are MF, not even FTs who actually can use Bows, GT has got Rifles so they dont count). The way this will work (knowing ST) is that it's going to be some messed up calculation meanning anyone that has lower than 1000 TP will get nothing above 400 (Looks at R-Mags and shudders). They should give them the same ability that they do in V1 offline and make them penertrate to hit an extra target.

Cards are my main range weapon as a WT. I would rather not see them go down in power.

Making guns based on ATA will probably put PT completely out of the gunning section as a class since their completely suckage ATA mod. That means we wont only miss alot (From a CAST point of view) when we do hit will be doing much lower damage (Dont get me started with the whole PT is not a DPS class cause I know that.). It will be heaven for fG and GM since Im guessing it will put higher numbers on their screen. But don't fix whats not broken.

Yes PAs should be balanced but weapon calculations with ATP should be left alone.

Just my look on it.

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 01:47 PM
This is definatly a no go area. Unless they give CASTs and Beasts a huge TP increase

Who says casts and beasts have to be good with everything? Being in last place for once won't hurt the great cast pride when they still have hundreds of other weapons to be better than everyone else with. Also PT is a Human class. At least according to the game and the bonuses applied. Humans have enough TP that they could do well with a TP based bow.

Zarode
Jan 22, 2009, 01:48 PM
Can't Pootransers use rifles?

MadDogg
Jan 22, 2009, 01:53 PM
It sounds like sega is finally getting with the program and phasing out the ps2 version. PSU can finally evolve with the PC and 360 versions, instead of being held back. Hell, they might even can add new gameplay modes on the fly, like challenge mode(challenge mode in PSU will own so hard). Lets face it, its time ps2 users upgrade, the thing is like a damn leech. I mean it can't be that friggin hard to get a ram upgrade and a new video card from newegg.com, or just get a 200 dollar 360 arcade system and just buy the 20gig harddrive for 20 bucks now.

Ezodagrom
Jan 22, 2009, 01:55 PM
it would be nice if they stated exactly what we PS2 users will be missing out on with that update, as i know they can't give us content that's not already on the disk. ^^; (guessing this means no new weapons and etc)

because these updates sound fun, but not so much if we're going to end up like 'vanilla' PSU.

(may have to invest in an upgrade to my laptop to switch me and will to PC version, but would it be worth it just to play one game? upgrades can be pricy)

Most likely the PS2 users will only have the Races, Types, PA and SUV rebalances :\.

Chimeria
Jan 22, 2009, 01:58 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread...but so far I didn't see any news for the 360. This all sounds really good but what about the xbox love?
:(

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 01:59 PM

No. They get Longbow from forces, that's their ranged single target weapon.

They get shotguns, grenades, and laser cannons from gunners.

Knuckles, Longsword, Spear and Axe from fighters.

Saber and Handgun from all classes.

Cracka_J
Jan 22, 2009, 02:00 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread...but so far I didn't see any news for the 360. This all sounds really good but what about the xbox love?

This is all jp server info. Since jp 360=na/eu 360, there's nothing to release atm for it. Maybe in 2 years or so :)

Ezodagrom
Jan 22, 2009, 02:01 PM

Because this update is only for the JP PC/PS2 servers.
Most likely XBox360 will get this when it'll be released for US/EU PC/PS2 servers.

Rayokarna
Jan 22, 2009, 02:06 PM

http://psupedia.info/PSP:Protranser

Who says casts and beasts have to be good with everything? Being in last place for once, won't hurt the great cast pride when they still have hundreds of other weapons to be better than everyone else with.

Also PT is a Human class. At least according to the game and the bonuses applied. Humans have enough TP that they could do well with a TP based bow.

But there is a reason why we have The class change system is because each class is at least usable by every race. While that isn't technically true, if you balancing for guns and bows come into play this will shove PT into the 'Humans only' catagory(which will be a first mind you). Since towards the end of the game there stats will go above everyone else cause of the bonuses. There will have to be a very big overhaul of PTs stat modifiers for this to work with and race including human since PT ATA mod is garbage.

If there was a a single Bow that worked with TP insted of ATP I'll be fine with that, but if all of them did and ATA based the power of guns. There might be an issue with class.

On a seperate note, at leasts with Newmans, because of the PA calculations are absurd, they still do good damage with a melee weapon. Humans are in the middle (where they should be). And Beasts have ok TP(Which needs a boost in its own right). CASTs tech power is something close to little to none(Even tho that isn't much of an arguement, if SUV power dropped for more TP I would love that). I would be nicer if the races are closer together interms of stats but its not really, just on the wrong end that everyone is thinking.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 22, 2009, 02:06 PM
Wow yet another reason for me to start importing....here's the push forward i needed

ChibiBecca
Jan 22, 2009, 02:07 PM
I mean it can't be that friggin hard to get a ram upgrade and a new video card from newegg.com, or just get a 200 dollar 360 arcade system and just buy the 20gig harddrive for 20 bucks now.
it might be easy for you, but i don't have $200 that i can 'just' spend. also can't earn any money right now thanks to the wonderful work permit system preventing me from finding a job. perhaps i'll have saved enough by the time this update comes.

plus i'd rather not play the 360 version again, we switched to the PS2 to get away from that. ^^;

Most likely the PS2 users will only have the Races, Types, PA and SUV rebalances :\.
that's all? drat.

Chimeria
Jan 22, 2009, 02:09 PM
Because this update is only for the JP PC/PS2 servers.
Most likely XBox360 will get this when it'll be released for US/EU PC/PS2 servers.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the XBOX isn't all that big in Japan...Oh well.

DAMASCUS
Jan 22, 2009, 02:12 PM
I still think all of these modifications will be in the expansion. We may not even get this update. We just won't have a chance at it until at least summer 2010, right after MAG+ in the spring.

P.S. Just because the PS2 is being shorted on the teaser doesn't mean they're getting ready to push it out; its simply of a matter of pragmatics. PS2 users will just have to wait a bit longer..

Ezodagrom
Jan 22, 2009, 02:14 PM
that's all? drat.
Well, probably there will be more things...Maybe even the exceed exp thingy. Dunno really what will or won't be in the PS2.
One thing that won't be on the PS2 for sure is new weapons and new missions (unless they decide to make some sort of expansion disk later on...kinda doubt it though).

Yunfa
Jan 22, 2009, 02:22 PM
Well, probably there will be more things...Maybe even the exceed exp thingy. Dunno really what will or won't be in the PS2.
One thing that won't be on the PS2 for sure is new weapons and new missions (unless they decide to make some sort of expansion disk later on...kinda doubt it though).

You guys do realize you are able to log into your PS2 account via a computer.

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 02:23 PM
if you balancing for guns and bows come into play this will shove PT into the 'Humans only' catagory(which will be a first mind you)

Not quite. As it is currently with ATP based bows, handguns have a better DPS than longbows. If you switch handguns to ATA and Longbows to TP, handguns will remain the best DPS for a cast, while longbows would be the best DPS for a Human or Neuman. In fact, Neuman PT would also pick up a good amount of power on Handgun. Beasts would be the only class to suffer, but as it is now, they have all of the power classes wrapped up (take out Paradi and Beasts are better than Casts in most classes thanks to most weapons being based off of ATP... of course Paradi is that big equalizer).

Casts and Beasts are suppose to be specialists in this game. Neumans and Humans are suppose to be the multitask-ers. When you look at where the racial bonuses occur, Humans SHOULD be the best Protranser. That is their class the same way Fortegunner is suppose to be the Cast class, Fortetecher is suppose to be the Neuman class, and Fortefighter is suppose to be the Beast class.

Since towards the end of the game there stats will go above everyone else cause of the bonuses.

I've played a human since the close to the beginning of the game (created my human character during Firebreak) and there has never been a point where their stats have gone above any other character that initially had an advantage on them. The stat progression is linear, so if you are behind a race in the class at level 5, you will be behind that race at level 50 or level 150.

If would be nice if the bonuses worked on a scale by your level, but they don't.

Kylie
Jan 22, 2009, 02:32 PM
Maybe I'll have a new PC by the time this hits us in two years. /exaggeration

I'll have to hope to because I don't think I can stand PSU on my HDTV for that long. >_>

MadDogg
Jan 22, 2009, 02:34 PM
it might be easy for you, but i don't have $200 that i can 'just' spend. also can't earn any money right now thanks to the wonderful work permit system preventing me from finding a job. perhaps i'll have saved enough by the time this update comes.

plus i'd rather not play the 360 version again, we switched to the PS2 to get away from that. ^^;.

Well, I do understand that alot of people can't just pull 200 bucks outta their butt for a new console, but getting like a cheap vram upgrade for like, 10 bucks for a pc is a whole nother' story. Theres like seriously no excuse why people are still on the PS2 to play psu. Go cut a lawn, plow snow, go do someone's hair(seriously lol, you can make like 20 bucks a pop for cornrolls), babysit, cancel your PSU subscription for like a month and use that 10 dollars to get a cheap ram upgrade for the PC. Hell when I was 15 babysitting and getting like 10 bucks was no problem whatsoever. Time to put that ancient relic out to pasture people, old yeller has gots to go.

Ezodagrom
Jan 22, 2009, 02:39 PM
Well, I do understand that alot of people can't just pull 200 bucks outta their butt for a new console, but getting like a cheap vram upgrade for like, 10 bucks for a pc is a whole nother' story. Theres like seriously no excuse why people are still on the PS2 to play psu. Go cut a lawn, plow snow, go do someone's hair(seriously lol, you can make like 20 bucks a pop for cornrolls), babysit, cancel your PSU subscription for like a month and use that 10 dollars to get a cheap ram upgrade for the PC. Hell when I was 15 babysitting and getting like 10 bucks was no problem whatsoever. Time to put that ancient relic out to pasture people, old yeller has gots to go.

It's not a ram upgrade that would make any change on PSU (unless it's someone that has really a low ammount of ram, like 256KB or 512KB).
It's the CPU and graphics card (mainly the graphics card) that make a difference.
A good enough card to run everything at max settings with minor slowdown in certain parts (like Mother Brain shiny arms or being in the middle of MF techs before the nerf), costs around 70 to 80 euros though (might be the around the same in dollars ^^;).

Golto
Jan 22, 2009, 02:40 PM
The only things they could leave out for the ps2 are things like new weapon models, clothes, monsters. A lot of these additions are code only and should be able to fit in the d/l system file.

Tyreek
Jan 22, 2009, 02:41 PM
Bring on the Sacred Duster!

The_Brimada
Jan 22, 2009, 02:46 PM

I guess EVP will be a good thing now :o

Rust
Jan 22, 2009, 02:47 PM
All the rest seems very interesting but...

I'm not really liking the sound of that.
Merit points system works on FFXI because the amount to spend is limited and allows further customization in order to get a better shot at standing a chance in the endgame stuff.

The way it sounds on PSU, is that you'll just have to spam endlessly the most EXP rewarding mission to spend a shitload of points in whatever you want.
We already have people BAWWWing about the game being too easy when capped with not even more than a decent gear ; can't wait to see how it will be once everyone will have broken stats but the monster lvl cap won't have increased a single bit to keep up with that.

I say Yes to character stat customization, but No to the UNLIMITED POWA.
They need to put in a kind of limitation like Materials had on PSO.

Kylie
Jan 22, 2009, 03:06 PM
It's not a ram upgrade that would make any change on PSU (unless it's someone that has really a low ammount of ram, like 256KB or 512KB).
It's the CPU and graphics card (mainly the graphics card) that make a difference.
A good enough card to run everything at max settings with minor slowdown in certain parts (like Mother Brain shiny arms or being in the middle of MF techs before the nerf), costs around 70 to 80 euros though (might be the around the same in dollars ^^;).
Agreed. PSU wouldn't be good to go on my PC with just one modification. I could afford to make my PC good enough to run it like anyone else could, but it'd be a horrible investment because my PC is pretty old. I'd rather get a new machine, which I can't afford right now, and PSU simply isn't worth saving up for it or going out of my way. Not to mention that I prefer console gaming to PC gaming like 1,000 to 1. But like I said in my other post, I don't expect this to hit our servers for some time, so I can't tell you what my circumstances will be like then.

Freshellent
Jan 22, 2009, 03:43 PM
Just Counter update seems pretty nifty.Though it should have done that in the first place. With the rebalances that might actually make the idea of an "evasion/dodge" -TANK- viable. But it's not like you can hold aggro in the game, or like it matters...

The chat marcos makes me smile, I won't have to ghetto rig my F Keys anymore.

SUV changes huh? Does that mean Gigas Faust will have armor pentration, knockdown, higher damage modifier and causes 7907809809 SEs?

I dunno, my overall impression of the update is kinda like " Well this is nice, but why the hell wasn't stuff like this implemented before?"

AND WTF HAPPENED TO JP? Starting to look like our servers.

steely
Jan 22, 2009, 03:45 PM

Billing system additions

wow i've bin playin since day 1 and i didn't mined or complain about any of the rollbacks or about the updates problems but if that means that people can just buy there we threw the game im definetly not gunna stay :/
ges the game had to die at some point

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 22, 2009, 03:55 PM
US xbox wont see this until winter 09 lol....

Criss
Jan 22, 2009, 03:56 PM
But it's not like you can hold aggro in the game, or like it matters...
My machinegun-toting GT begs to differ. :wacko:

And there's no way they're gonna make gun damage based on ATA. They're supposed to rebalance, not completely wreck core game mechanics. Making guns based on ATA and TP would completely kill beasts for anything other than pure melee classes. Casts need to be toned down and humans/newman needs a little boost, not make beasts worse than current humans.

And why is there no mention of nanoblasts? The release-day nanoblasts we have have been obsolete for a long time. Any half-decent fighter can deal twice the nanoblast's damage with PAs. While still being able to use items.

Calsetes
Maybe the "exclusive missions" thing won't be like a rare mission whenever, but will instead be like....... an adventure pack for EQ2, or a content pack like for 360 or on PS3 games, something like that. Might cost $9.99, but it's a one-and-done thing - the players who buy them can play them, get some new missions, and they can find some new items there that are either "account-bound" or that they can sell to non-eligible players (like those PSP weapons).

For example: I buy content pack "Ruins of Despair", which gives me 6 or 7 different "ruins" missions that I can play either by myself or with others who have the content pack. During those runs, I find the PSP shadoog from Portable, and it has 31% light element. I have a 50% dark, so I decide to sell it. Anyone who plays AotI on PC can buy it and use it, they don't need to have the content pack to use it or see it.

That's just an example of how I hope they implement this - then it's not necessarily a matter of rich players being the only ones to get access to super-overpowered weapons, just people who buy the content packs having a chance to get items that non-content pack people would otherwise have to buy from them. It still means you have to spend real-life money to get the missions, but you don't have to spend the real-life money to get that rose whip you want, or that giant ham-bone axe, or whatever.

Then again, like other people are saying, there's a chance they could just sell the stuff flat-out in the shop, or make the tickets one-use only. That would suck most heinously.

Edit: Maybe they could give new nanoblasts that allow the use of weapons while in nano-blasted form, but for only a short duration (i.e. the length of the invincibility one with increased damage, but you take even more damage than usual)? I never really played my beast character a whole lot though, so I'm literally just spitballing here. New colors, too? Or maybe different "beast" forms? I know the "hulk" has kept me from ever trying a male beast, since it doesn't scream "super-agile" or even "I have any inkling of a brain in my skull."

pikachief
i can already feel the hate after buying some PSU tickets XD LOL

and yes i know its a terrible idea, and yes the EXP points thing is btoh good and bad, good so it can give u some use for killing thinsg after your capped, but it may also be bad, we dont know we have to see its limits and uses first :)

Freshellent
Jan 22, 2009, 04:02 PM
And it just occured to me, that Just Counter invincible is gonna be extremely broken... is it going to be the whole start up for the PA makes you invincible? Or just a certain amount of frames, or does it only apply for normal swings? There's gotta be something more to it.

Noblewine
Jan 22, 2009, 04:05 PM

New items

Room function additions

* Chat commands will be added that will allow you to do things such as change line shields.

Mission conditions

Billing system additions

I am impressed, I can't wait to see these one day.

STRANG
Jan 22, 2009, 04:07 PM
the ability to modify the element and attribute percent of weapons and line shields.

Not cool....

RemiusTA
Jan 22, 2009, 04:32 PM
My machinegun-toting GT begs to differ. :wacko:

And there's no way they're gonna make gun damage based on ATA. They're supposed to rebalance, not completely wreck core game mechanics. Making guns based on ATA and TP would completely kill beasts for anything other than pure melee classes. Casts need to be toned down and humans/newman needs a little boost, not make beasts worse than current humans.

And why is there no mention of nanoblasts? The release-day nanoblasts we have have been obsolete for a long time. Any half-decent fighter can deal twice the nanoblast's damage with PAs. While still being able to use items.

They wouldnt have to make it based on ATA, they could just base it on ATP and have it augmented by ATA. (like for example, if the dmg forumla was 25 x ((ATP x 10) - (EnemyDef x 9), it could change to 25 x ((ATP x 10)+(ATA / 2)) / (EnemyDef x 9). Regardless, i dont think its a smart idea either.

I personally think they need to alter the running speed of the Nanoblasted Beasts. Their legs move faster than their regular running speed....yet they're like 10 feet tall. The stride should be FAR longer, which means they should move faster. Nanoblasted Beasts look stupid when they run becuase it almost looks like they're running in place.

Just Counter should DEFINATELY give at least 50% invincible frames, because most of the time (Techers) Just counter is absolutely useless because it does NOT increase cast speed OR damage.

......The big problem with this update though......They're going to have to create some missions to compensate for this EXP gimmick. The scary part now, however, is that now SEGA thought it was some fucking stroke of genius to add a CASH SHOP to their P2P game. So now, anything JP PC/PS2 doesnt currently have released has a good % chance of being cashshop-exclusive. Either through direct buying or missions that require PSU Tickets. Cash Shops are for games that dont profit becuase they dont have monthly subscriptions. That way, when you have overpriced Cash Shop items, or release content that is exclusive only to those who pay, nobody can complain. However, when you're pushing out $10 a month for service, and decide to implement a CASH SHOP, you know something is fucked up. For a $10 a month price tag on TOP of purchasing the game itself, this game ALREADY has too big a shortage on fun missions to play. And now, they're thinking of forcing us to pay even more to play them? Get the hell out.

Prepare for a massive wave of imbalance whenever this cashshop hits. Its unavoidable. Exclusive missions are almost definately going to = CS exclusive gear, and biased leveling/chance on upgrading. If they think anyone is going to pay money to wear clothes like this is fucking Maplestory or something, or that we're going to pay them to update our game with new missions we ALREADY pay our monthly subscription for, then the developers really are fucking retarded like ive been saying.

joefro
Jan 22, 2009, 04:43 PM
And it just occured to me, that Just Counter invincible is gonna be extremely broken... is it going to be the whole start up for the PA makes you invincible? Or just a certain amount of frames, or does it only apply for normal swings? There's gotta be something more to it.

I think that it will help moves like Absolute Dance, Cross Hurricane and the twin claw swimming one. I think that one you activate the just attack the move has to be finished. I think that it will work well and gunners and techers will finally stop laughing at fighters.

engelsein
Jan 22, 2009, 05:30 PM
Wow..... lame ps2 users getting shafted? what about PS3? meh ill be playing other games by then.. this sounds like the end of PSU anyways. Here i come White Knight Chronicles!

JAFO22000
Jan 22, 2009, 05:37 PM
Are the PSU tickets being put so Sega can use them as compensation for future screw ups?!?!?!?!? I can see it now....

"July 8th, 2010: Due to the rollbacks which had to happen for MAG III, every account on PC/PS2 and 360 servers will receive 3 Tickets which can be used at your leisure to get whatever you want".....

RemiusTA
Jan 22, 2009, 05:48 PM
Are the PSU tickets being put so Sega can use them as compensation for future screw ups?!?!?!?!? I can see it now....

"July 8th, 2010: Due to the rollbacks which had to happen for MAG III, every account on PC/PS2 and 360 servers will receive 3 Tickets which can be used at your leisure to get whatever you want".....

Or, i can see the countless threads of " OMFG I HAD 15 TICKETS AND SEGA ROLLEDBACK ALL OF THEM AND GAVE ME ONLY 3 BACK OMG SEGA R THEIVES I SUE"

Shinko
Jan 22, 2009, 07:37 PM
..... I don't like the PSU Tickets thing

but other than that everything else sounds cool

Niloklives
Jan 22, 2009, 07:50 PM

I imagine it's for the first second or so just so that you actually get to USE that counter motion. I've had it happen way too often where my counters get locked out before I get a hit in due to blocking mid motion.

I'm curious to see how this works out.

GeekRuler
Jan 22, 2009, 08:08 PM
I just hope the transferred weapons from the PSP don't reflect their rank in PSP.
Personally I think some of the coolest weapons are 6-9stars in that game. Transferring them as such would be a total buzzkill. (however I believe they will do to them as they did with the Ely Sion)

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 22, 2009, 08:18 PM
Advanced macros in MY PSU? Hells yeah! Bring on "/ch lineshield 2" instead of a bunch of colored text.

i can already feel the hate after buying some PSU tickets XD LOL

and yes i know its a terrible idea, and yes the EXP points thing is btoh good and bad, good so it can give u some use for killing thinsg after your capped, but it may also be bad, we dont know we have to see its limits and uses first :)

These changes seem like they are bringing PSU into a more MMO experience, which is by no means bad in my opinion. PSU needs some depth, but I think the Tickets should be earned (1 at a time) by trading in 99 PA Fragments, not by using real currency. Otherwise, the points distribution on capped EXP could work like merit points in FFXI where you physically raise (or lower?) stats or abilities. Also, racial adjustments? I hope this is not bad news for my newman fighter/gunner (no techs).

Missions with locked types to play could actually make Hunter, Ranger, and Force useful once again (and C and B rank weapons, for that matter). Let's say these three original types are required to play insanely hard, but highly rewarding missions not so unlike C-Mode from PSO, possibly even with level caps varying per mission. The rewards? Who knows, maybe Tickets, super rare weapons, etc.--the list could go on. We really do need a C-Mode.

unicorn
Jan 22, 2009, 08:30 PM
Hmmm, because of this new Just Counter thing, you think we'll see more Human and Newman fighters? Maybe these racial balances might encourage players to play outside the norm? Oh blasphemy.

Annnd I beat ya'll to it. FOcast hurr hurr.

I smell the end of the broken Cast fighter. *laughs at everyone who made a Cast FM just for paradi*

InfiniDragon
Jan 22, 2009, 09:13 PM
Possible CAST and Beast nerfing, possible Human/Newman buffing, possible Haxarra/Jabroken nerf...I'm sold.

And with the invincible Exact Counter thing, I foresee a lot of Newman AFs in our future (hopefully not to the point where it gets ridiculous though).

RemiusTA
Jan 22, 2009, 09:51 PM
Advanced macros in MY PSU? Hells yeah! Bring on "/ch lineshield 2" instead of a bunch of colored text.

These changes seem like they are bringing PSU into a more MMO experience, which is by no means bad in my opinion. PSU needs some depth, but I think the Tickets should be earned (1 at a time) by trading in 99 PA Fragments, not by using real currency. Otherwise, the points distribution on capped EXP could work like merit points in FFXI where you physically raise (or lower?) stats or abilities. Also, racial adjustments? I hope this is not bad news for my newman fighter/gunner (no techs).

Missions with locked types to play could actually make Hunter, Ranger, and Force useful once again (and C and B rank weapons, for that matter). Let's say these three original types are required to play insanely hard, but highly rewarding missions not so unlike C-Mode from PSO, possibly even with level caps varying per mission. The rewards? Who knows, maybe Tickets, super rare weapons, etc.--the list could go on. We really do need a C-Mode.

Oh man, thats actually a great idea. 99 Frags = PSU Ticket is a PERFECT idea, espically for those people who have all the Ultimate PA's they want and just have stacks and stacks of Frags to boot. Unfortunally, ST doesnt think that way.

Class-specific missions are definately cool, but its a real shame they havent even hinted at a C-mode for PSU yet. I think its what the community needs.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 23, 2009, 12:25 AM
Class-specific missions are definately cool, but its a real shame they havent even hinted at a C-mode for PSU yet. I think its what the community needs.
Hopefully it won't turn out to be just more missions nobody will play.

Current state of the JP servers: Not a single star is lit up! Sure it may be just after lunch in Japan, but during GBR and even before that the busiest universe would have 2 stars...

beatrixkiddo
Jan 23, 2009, 12:33 AM
Almost the end of the month, everyone cancelling and waiting til this update is coming :P

Finalzone
Jan 23, 2009, 03:29 AM
g missions not so unlike C-Mode from PSO, possibly even with level caps varying per mission. The rewards? Who knows, maybe Tickets, super rare weapons, etc.--the list could go on. We really do need a C-Mode.

Lighting Carnival is an equivalent of C-Mode.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 23, 2009, 08:08 AM
Almost the end of the month, everyone cancelling and waiting til this update is coming :P
More like:
- All the PS2 players quit
- People who don't like the ticket system quit
- People who don't want to bother with Time Attack quit
- Everyone else quits because there's no one to play with.

EMPYREAN
Jan 23, 2009, 08:57 AM
the ticket idea is the moust stupid shit so far.
just another exuse to drain the few of us that still plays for more cash instead of making shure the game works(no rollbacks, no glitches, no cheaters, not lightyears behind jp on uppdates) so that new and old ppl will return to the game.

other than that i so far like what will come in the future.(just dont nerf FG and boost the element % on all bullets and ill be very happy)

Seira7
Jan 23, 2009, 10:30 AM
As far as the tickets go, maybe they are doing it to appease the ps2 crowd...
"oh well, there are new missions, but the PC players have to PAY for them hahaha"

RedRaz0r
Jan 23, 2009, 01:03 PM

Lol funny joke

ShuttleXpC
Jan 23, 2009, 03:23 PM
I just noticed her saying that as well. Um wtf, no, its not like C-mode at all.

RemiusTA
Jan 23, 2009, 04:03 PM

hahahahahha

Zeota
Jan 23, 2009, 04:18 PM
The "merit point" system sounds promising, depending on how they execute it. The ticket thing sounds iffy, but again it's all in the execution. The way I see it, they're catching up to the times with this move. The "virtual asset sales" business model has been in place for a few years now and has been the backbone to so many online games, so it's definitely here to stay.

RemiusTA
Jan 23, 2009, 04:41 PM
The "merit point" system sounds promising, depending on how they execute it. The ticket thing sounds iffy, but again it's all in the execution. The way I see it, they're catching up to the times with this move. The "virtual asset sales" business model has been in place for a few years now and has been the backbone to so many online games, so it's definitely here to stay.

Well...

This "Cashshop" system is the backbone to online games that don't charge for a Monthly Fee. PSU, however, DOES charge a monthly fee, and most people even feel thats too much for the service we recieve. Just think about it. How many F2P games do you think would survive if they were to go P2P? Not too many of them. PSU, on the other hand, is the kind of game that would be absolutely horrible to even imagine as F2P, becuase everything, and i do mean EVERYTHING would be Cashshop-exclusive. Clothing sets, lobbies, weapons, grinders, material sets, you NAME it, they would be able to cashshop it. Not only would it be too expensive to be enjoyable, it would have the most imbalanced and unfair economy imaginable. And nobody could complain, because you could "always play something else."

The P2P business model is "make them feel like they HAVE to pay for another month." Apparently, PSU is starting to Fail at that, and its no science why. So, with this next expansion, they decide they're gonna be "clever", and throw in a new "PSU TICKET SYSTEM!", which is quite obviously a way to make more revenue on whatever they just worked on.

Maplestory, Flyff, Gunbound. Draw a new sprite to overlap the character, reskin an existing weapon and give it wtfubr stats, ect ect, stick it in the shop for the equivilent of about $5. If you want to make even MORE money, put an expiration date on it. (And PSU Tickets have an expiration date.) Thats easy money, right?

PSU would utterly and rapidly fail if Sonic Team decided to try and stack exclusive content on top of a [medicore] game that requires a subscription to play in the first place. They'll be destroying the equilibrium of their already failing market balance.

To me, this just seems like another "genius" SEGA plan for getting something out of nothing, like reskinning and unlocking content off of the disc. Its just now, its starting to get way out of hand, because they're trying to take more money for it.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 23, 2009, 05:36 PM
Since I just have the PS2 version; looks like I'll have to go on a hunt online and offline for the PC version of PSU:AotI... so I can get this update.. Dammit.

Aries2384
Jan 23, 2009, 06:10 PM
Wtf. So Now, we get to pay real fucking money for ingame items? Wtf is this?! Ef sega dood. Catering to rich and spoiled dipshits. It might be a free "update" but they are finding other ways to fuck us up the ass.

engelsein
Jan 23, 2009, 06:14 PM
Why go through the trouble of looking for the game and spending more money on my PC upgrade when this might just be the end of PSU. F*** THAT.

stukasa
Jan 23, 2009, 06:29 PM
People are getting pretty worked up over this update and we don't even have specific details yet! I think we should wait until Japan gets this before we start assuming too much about it. Remember Master classes? When they were first released in Japan everyone thought "Their stats are lower so they must suck!" Well look how that turned out. I don't think anyone's happy about the idea of a cash shop and I bet PS2 users aren't happy that the update caters to the PC crowd, but at this point it's all still pretty vague, so let's just calm down and wait until we know more.

Finarian
Jan 23, 2009, 08:49 PM
Ive played quite a few free mmos and it seems the ones with the real cash shops are doomed to fail. and even if they dont fail miserably the game becomes so off balanced that the casual gamers need to work four or five times as hard to get the same result. if PSU puts in a cash shop it will be just like shooting itself in the foot, then all the players get to wander around and watch it slowly fall apart.

everything else looks great tho! ^^

AzureBlaze
Jan 23, 2009, 11:13 PM
So exactly WHAT will PS2 NOT GET?

There's no official word on this, but I say it needs a topic once we get one.

I, and a batch of my friends are on PS2s. Yes, I DO recognize the need for PS2 to "Go Away" because it's holding back the graphics & etc. However, I don't want the only option to be "get on the pc" because I happen to like playing games on my big 32 inch TV and not sitting at some annoying PC chair like I do all day already. I'm sure anyone with a PC-related job wants to chill somewhere that's...not in front of another PC. What about PS3? Cant they just churn out a disk for that or something? Or one o' those newfangled download things?

Nerfing/Stats-messing etc:
When they did that on Battle Mode on the GameCube they destroyed it way worse than it was to start with on DC. All the BA'ers quit. Hopefully this is not the same team. When people start whining that "So-and-so is too powerful!" it usually does not bode well for ANYone.

Cash Shop:
I'm not familiar with this. PSU and PSO were my only online games because I liked them so well. I've heard all the Freetoplays have them, and no real wonder. They gotta make money some how, and that's fine. BUT like everyone here, I'm thinking people are going to have issues with it because we ALREADY pay to play! I hope everything in there is like 5 cents. I also didn't know that just the mere announcement of one would send people into a quittinrage.

Cash Shop vs. Incompetence
With this recent strip of time having actual GOOD updates in it, it looks like Sega has finally got their butts back in gear with this game. It's too bad they dropped the ball for practically half a year or more, that surely drove away plenty of people.
But what it did to the people who stayed (ie, anyone reading this post!) is to *further* convince people that PSU is barely-barely-barely worth paying for. Even I am upset at having to pay for all that no updates time and their constant bungling and trivial non-update junk. If they'd of been more liberal with HL free extensions I don't think that everyone would be pitching such the moneyfit.

*not to mention the fact that most of their stuff isn't "new" or something someone actually had to do any work on. They're just unlocking stuff from the disk in the most slowest manner possible. So you're paying someone to unlock something you already paid for!

I'm no Scrooge....
but I don't enjoy paying for NOTHING and they established a like 5 month record for people doing just that. It's like if you bought a 6pack of cokes and 2 cans were empty, one had feathers in it and another was half full. But it came with a 3* luck coupon. I'm wondering if they could even pull off having a cash shop. And what if they RAMBOROLLBACK on your cash-shop item? It's going to be hell for them if they make the tinyest mistake.

The bottom line...
Hopefully this is PSUAOI's "Swan Song"
The last blast before it's thrown away and replaced with whatever PSU incarnation is next and has nothing to do with PS2s. High end all the way. Clean the PSU slate and track-record, hopefully clear off some of the mud they've dragged it through here in the USA and EU, and force something fresher/better and not ps2 hindered.

Needs more info:
Before getting super hyped, needs more info. Pics of weps would be nice too. If it's 5 cent to grind your item to 10/10 I don't think its going to be such a 'game/wallet breaker'.
Secret hope:
More cast parts. SLICK ones, too much funky clunky.

DreXxiN
Jan 23, 2009, 11:28 PM
Ya know...you can hook up PC's to TV's....

With HDTV's you use an RGB cable..a rather cheap investment..and the quality is MUCH better.

Even running at 800x600 via S-Video cable to a Standard definition TV..it still looks better.

engelsein
Jan 24, 2009, 12:20 AM
I just don't want to spend 600 bucks on a computer update. when i already have a 600 dollar machine (PS3), you might think... "well you should have updated your PC instead of getting a PS3" but Devil May Cry 4 isn't on PC Soul Calibur 4 isn't on PC Disgaea3, Metal Gear 4 etc, etc... I really don't see why they cant use the PS3 as the next PS2.... oh wait a sec.... maybe it's because this game won't last that much longer.... That is my conclusion... which makes me sad since i actually liked this game. o well you gotta move on.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 24, 2009, 12:26 AM
I just don't want to spend 600 bucks on a computer update. when i already have a 600 dollar machine (PS3), you might think... "well you should have updated your PC instead of getting a PS3" but Devil May Cry 4 isn't on PC Soul Calibur 4 isn't on PC Disgaea3, Metal Gear 4 etc, etc... I really don't see why they cant use the PS3 as the next PS2.... oh wait a sec.... maybe it's because this game won't last that much longer.... That is my conclusion... which makes me sad since i actually liked this game. o well you gotta move on.

Off-topic but,

[spoiler-box]is so
http://i41.tinypic.com/xpy4pu.png[/spoiler-box]

Shinji Kazuya
Jan 24, 2009, 12:30 AM

Off-topic
I beg to differ.
PC has Devil May Cry 4. In fact, it's one of the games i'm playing for PC right now.

Zarode
Jan 24, 2009, 12:31 AM
dis game is ova bawwwwwwww

engelsein
Jan 24, 2009, 12:45 AM
Off-topic
I beg to differ.
PC has Devil May Cry 4. In fact, it's one of the games i'm playing for PC right now.

Ya he already show'd me... either way you get what my point is (Completely forgot that DMC4 is actually multiplataform).

RemiusTA
Jan 24, 2009, 12:45 AM

The most fustrating part of this whole "upgrade to support PSU" deal is, this game ISNT very taxing graphically at all. It just manages resources so horribly that it lags every fucking system it runs on.

X360 PSU should run at 60 FPS, minimal (if not ANY) frameskipping or slowdown, Max effects, Lv 50 MF technic spam and everything. The 360 is far too powerful to struggle with anything PSU can possibly cough up. I even think Galaxy Wars is harder to render than PSU...

I personally think PSU should be mained on the 360. I seriously see no reason why 360 and PC cant merger anyway -- i mean, 98% of us who even have PSUPC plays it on Windows XP/Vista, and Xbox360 IS a microsoft system. The only possible hinderence is -- you guessed it! -- the PS2.

I say ditch the PS2. This update is what ive been asking for; make use of the harddrive of this system and give us REAL updates. Sneak in a few new rare drops, missions, clothing, just release the patch and let us download and install. PS3, 360 and PC are more than capable of doing this. However, if they think using a Harddrive is some kind of pathetic reason to add in a fucking Cashshop, then they can go kill themselves.

Releasing a full patch with 150/200+ more weapons, new missions and enemies, new clothing, perhaps new story missions and party missions, and then sticking it on Xbox Live for a few microsoft points is more than acceptable. Ill shell out the money for Multiplayer Map packs just because. But when you try to sell us indivisual items and missions that we have to RE-PURCHASE after an amount of time, after we already fucking pay you $10 a month for (apparently) nothing...No. Just no.

I just wish Sonic Team was who they used to be...Its like they really dont even care what they do anymore, or what amount of fans they piss off if they can still profit.

engelsein
Jan 24, 2009, 12:51 AM
dis game is ova bawwwwwwww

i hope this isn't making fun of my post, im more bawwing about my money being spend on a game for 2 years just to get shafted in the end. i mean psu is cool and all but im not gonna baww for it's end since the game is easily replaceable(White knight chronicles anyone? oh thats another game that wont be on PC)

Zarode
Jan 24, 2009, 02:03 AM
Then quit, if it is so easily replaceable.

engelsein
Jan 24, 2009, 03:24 AM
Then quit, if it is so easily replaceable.

hehe its been done actually. now don't get me wrong the game is a memory with friends hard to let go but the game itself and the service is indeed replaceable

EtherForce
Jan 24, 2009, 04:51 AM
Oy, aren't cash shops usually added to low-profile MMO's looking to make an extra buck?

MadDogg
Jan 24, 2009, 12:21 PM
Oy, aren't cash shops usually added to low-profile MMO's looking to make an extra buck?

Yeah. I've played (shudder) maplestory for like a year, a free korean mmo. They claim they add cash shop so they can keep the servers running lag-free and keep the game clean from hackers/cheaters(snicker). Its all fun and games at first because its usually harmless crap like clothes thats in the cash shops. Then, maplestory started adding 2 times exp cards, 2 times drop cards, 2 times money cards, basically added so many damn cards they are basically required to play the game, trust me maplestory is like friggin impossible to level up in past 60, unless you have absolutely no-life whatsoever. And the hilarious thing about them making money off cash shop is that the game is still hella laggy, and hackers run rampant on that game, way worse than what pso gamecube and xbox used to put up with, so basically they just take your money they make off cash shop and go to strip clubs with it. But yeah I wouldn't care about PSU tickets, but as soon as they add dumb crap like 2 times rare drop and exp cards, I'm going to go play champions online.

LuigiMario
Jan 24, 2009, 03:30 PM
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up0512.jpg
The current state of the servers... Pray the changes they make are enough to revive the game...

23 fulls stars for JP. 27 full stars for US/EU. What's wrong with this picture besides event influencing the 360 population to grow. But thats just 360. What about PS2/PC?

This gaming is going down.....

garjian
Jan 24, 2009, 04:19 PM
hmm... those are very strage server names... 9 of them are called the same thing?

Xaeris
Jan 24, 2009, 04:31 PM
Unlike our universes, the JP universes are organized by purpose. For example, universes 12-14 are specialized for finding parties on G-Colony whereas universes 24-26 are for GBR parties. Incidentally, the latter servers are empty since there's no GBR running right now.

I can't read any Japanese, but if I had to guess, I would say Uni 1 there is a Guide/newbie universe, 2-10 are just general purpose, 12-14 are for G-Colony, 15-17 are for Parum, 18-20 are for Neudaiz, 21-23 are for Moatoob and 24-26 are for GBR. As for 11...uh...beats me. Party missions maybe.

garjian
Jan 24, 2009, 04:49 PM
actually thats really odd cause with all the stuff they get... i was really expecting more players on the jp servers :S

also if theres 3 universes for say nudaiz... why is ther 1* in each... why not 3* in one? surely that would make more sense? i dunno... but i hope we never get that universe setup... doesnt look like a great idea if you ask me...

hmm... you said universe 1 was like a guide server... maybe thats why our univer one says 'leo (guide)' i always wondered about that... still, doesnt look like that turned out the way they planned :P

You're not funny.

it wasnt a funny joke, thats why i said 'no?'
lemme guess... you have some kinda problem with me now just because i hate you? well... thats completely justified i suppose... why not keep trolling me...? im sure it gives you wonderous pleasure ^^

Dhylec
Jan 24, 2009, 05:44 PM
Unlike our universes, the JP universes are organized by purpose. For example, universes 12-14 are specialized for finding parties on G-Colony whereas universes 24-26 are for GBR parties. Incidentally, the latter servers are empty since there's no GBR running right now.

I can't read any Japanese, but if I had to guess, I would say Uni 1 there is a Guide/newbie universe, 2-10 are just general purpose, 12-14 are for G-Colony, 15-17 are for Parum, 18-20 are for Neudaiz, 21-23 are for Moatoob and 24-26 are for GBR. As for 11...uh...beats me. Party missions maybe.
Lemme help so that it clears things up a bit.
1 Beginner
2-10 Universe
11 Casino
12-14 GColony
15-17 Parum
18-20 Neudaiz
21-23 Moatoob
24-26 Event/GBR

Harmony
Jan 24, 2009, 10:26 PM
so is this only for pc and ps2? will they have it for xbox 360 later on?
(reply if you like on my profile comments please)

Ken_Silver
Jan 24, 2009, 10:52 PM
This is a nice update. Just when I was loosing hope in PSU (kind of,) they give me a reason to stick around. Horray.

And to those guys on the 360, I am 100% sure you'll get this update too. It'd be silly not to get it. And the PSU Tickets sounds like XBox Live material anyway.

And I don't think that these PSU tickets will ruin the game completely anyway.

Arika
Jan 24, 2009, 11:37 PM
JP current population is just like that until any event come, and it will have about2x-3x population. After event = half population take a break again, just like this.

RemiusTA
Jan 25, 2009, 12:39 PM
Wow. Even the JP servers are pretty fail these days.

Just proves that Sega's plan of slowly unlocking stuff has completely backfired. They've made the players so eager for new content that they burn it out as SOON as its released, and then have nothing else to do because they've done EVERYTHING already. Which is why the servers fluctuate between active and inactive depending on events.

This "additional update" would be great if everything was released at ONCE. That would give everyone alot of things to hunt for and new missions to play. If they decide to "SLOWLY RELEASE IT" (or stick it in a cash shop), they'll never get anyone to enjoy this game.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 25, 2009, 12:50 PM
Wow. Even the JP servers are pretty fail these days.

Just proves that Sega's plan of slowly unlocking stuff has completely backfired. They've made the players so eager for new content that they burn it out as SOON as its released, and then have nothing else to do because they've done EVERYTHING already. Which is why the servers fluctuate between active and inactive depending on events.

This "additional update" would be great if everything was released at ONCE. That would give everyone alot of things to hunt for and new missions to play. If they decide to "SLOWLY RELEASE IT" (or stick it in a cash shop), they'll never get anyone to enjoy this game.

PS2 is to blame for the "unlock" system due to no HDD for downloadable updates :<

Xaeris
Jan 25, 2009, 01:19 PM
I doubt that. Sega found that they like this method of doling out content back in BB, and everyone who was playing BB certainly had a hard drive. If they had the audacity to drip release content that we had already become intimately acquainted with over the past several years, I'm certain nothing would keep them from doing the same with PSU, PS2 or no PS2.

Powder Keg
Jan 25, 2009, 01:52 PM
Customize a character's abilities....now that's what I'm %#%^&# talking about.

RemiusTA
Jan 25, 2009, 03:32 PM
PS2 is to blame for the "unlock" system due to no HDD for downloadable updates :<

No, SEGA is to blame. There was absolutely NO need to unlock anything off the disc other than prolonging subscription time.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 25, 2009, 04:22 PM
Maybe seduh will treat forces good like in V1, so I can come back to caring for Masterforce? Nah, I doubt Seduh cares, MF can stay useless for all I care. I'm too busy loving GM right now, hopefully they don't get nerfed.

If they destroy ranger types, then that's it for me. I'll quit.

Aki_Yoruno
Jan 26, 2009, 10:00 AM
Um, they really should have done something to enable PS2 users with HDs to get this... ><

And no, what IS Hellgate: London? What DID happen to it?

What's a Just Counter? Is it delicious?

ChaosAngel92
Jan 26, 2009, 10:01 PM
And no, what IS Hellgate: London? What DID happen to it?

What's a Just Counter? Is it delicious?

If I recall good. Hellgate : London was something like a first person shooter MMORPG, and what happened, well I guess something similar to Granado Spada. It was claiming to be free, till they added some type of charge. Everyone quitted, game died.

And Just Counter it is delicious for melee jobs. The thing that you press a button just in time to counter attack when you block.

And about the update I say:

MOVE ON TO THE NEXT PS GAME!
(i.e create a god damn PSZ for a home console please?)

This game is beyond the grave.

RED_cast
Jan 28, 2009, 03:31 AM
Doesn't Ragnarok Online use a ticket sysem and subscription too?
I just hope it's not expensive!

Ryock
Jan 28, 2009, 03:39 AM
Doesn't Ragnarok Online use a ticket sysem and subscription too?
I just hope it's not expensive!

It's not a huge problem when the game doesn't revolve around getting gears. In games like WoW, Ragnarok Online, etc, there are war sieges, pvp wars, competition, a big grind, etc. PSU's strong point(sorta... PSO's was anyways) is supposed to be the hunt. That's what separated PSO from other online games, and what isn't being done in PSU it seems with all these GBRs and such.

I wouldn't have a problem with a cash shop, as I pay for the cash shop on Ragnarok at some times... if this game had more to it than just a "hit cap, hunt the rares you like, get bored, quit" routine.

BLADE_EDGE
Jan 28, 2009, 09:18 PM
Anyone know when these will be distributed to the regional servers?

beatrixkiddo
Jan 28, 2009, 09:20 PM
Nobody would know this early.

RemiusTA
Jan 29, 2009, 12:44 AM
Never.

Pretty much.

....no, seriously.

CaRLxD
Feb 3, 2009, 08:26 AM
If they do bring that tickets thing.. wha tuh fuh! That' not fair :/ we pay monthly to play, we payed for expantion, we shouldnt have to pay any more :/ but if they do.. meh lol ^^

Calsetes
Feb 3, 2009, 09:18 AM
I said this before, I really think it's going to be either a one-time-cost thing for the weapons and extra content (a la a mini-expansion), or for the weapon increases it's going to be a small amount per usage (like maybe a dollar). This will make it easy for us casual players to actually get something that's a 50% element without having to pour hours upon hours of time into the game.

Then again, these are nothing but what I'm hoping for. Either way, no one's going to force you to buy these extra things, and you better believe me if they charge more than.... let's say 2 or 3 bucks to get a weapon to 50%, then I'm definitely not buying it.

EspioKaos
Feb 3, 2009, 10:59 AM

The update page was updated today. Here's what's new.

Common box functions
* You will be able to have multiple stacks of the same item in your common box (just like you can in a Photon Gacha). Technically, I think you can do this now by using the transfer function from certain NPC vendors, but I'm taking this as now it's something you can do while standing at your common box.
* The delivery function available at NPCs will be replaced by a free-of-charge service that let's you access your common box from the NPC.

* Single accounts with characters on both E1 and E2 will be able to access the common box of either Entrance from any of their rooms to allow for item transfer between all characters.

"Go to room" options
* A function will be added to partner cards which will allow you to immediately transfer to someone's room from their card. (However, you will not be able to do this from your own card.)
* For single account characters on different Entrances, a menu will be added to allow you to move to the room of a different character on your account.

Item lock
* Pictures were added to display this function. Basically, when you select to lock an item, its name will appear in red text and menu functions such as "drop" will be grayed out.

Online status functions
* The list of selectable online status indicators will be removed and replaced with the ability to type in your own text for your status.
* Online status will now be shown over your character's head along with their name.
* Your current online status will show up on your partner card when someone views it in their list.

Screenshot functions
* You will be able to take screenshots that do not display parts of the HUD such as other players' status indicators.

* With these missions, the option will be given for the leader to cover the cost of the mission for all party members or for each party member to pay their own way.
* Unlike the normal grinding system, the optional pay-to-upgrade system will never fail. However, a maximum number of upgrades will be established to limit the number of times a weapon or line shield can be modified.

Concerning PS2 users
* All PS2 users will have access to the system file upgrades offered by this update, but they will not receive visual upgrades for new items. However, new items will be available to PS2 users. These items will simply use existing in-game visuals, though the names, descriptions and stats will be unique. Just as it is now, even after the update, PS2 players will be able to log in to the PC version of the game using their PSU ID and password and vice versa. As it stands, the goal is to implement as many features to PS2 users as possible (outside of the graphical restrictions), but the limits of such have not been determined yet. More information will be released in the future.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 3, 2009, 11:05 AM

-Move Edel Eryum and Edel Harp from E1 to E2
-Use a new E2 character to trade these items to Weapon Trade
-Move weapon back to E1
BAM! Free additional 15s weapon for everyone for minimal effort!

BTW, these announcements are doing more damage to the JP population than good...

redroses
Feb 3, 2009, 11:12 AM

The update page was updated today. Here's what's new.

* In order to play exclusive missions, you must pay each time you want to run the mission.
* With these missions, there will be some where only the party leader must pay and others in which all p arty members must pay.

Oh thanks for the update on info Espio!
I like the ability to take names and etc out of the screenshots! :3
What doesn't sound fair at all is what I bolded in Espios quote aboth. I mean come on...that doesn't seem right or fair =/ That's really just trying to suck money out of the players.
I can see the second bolded part ending bad :l I can see how people will have to give half of their equipment away to gain access to a mission were only the party leader has to pay...that is just a stupid idea IMO...

Calsetes
Feb 3, 2009, 11:13 AM
Wow, nevermind about me hoping that it's like a one-time-buy "adventure pack" or whatever, you have to pay each time you want to run the special mission.

Well, at least on the plus side, it sounds like aside from the missions and the upgrades, you won't have to pay for the other stuff (other than from player shops).

Edit: Well, I guess depending on how GOOD the missions are, and how much per "ticket" they're asking for, it might be worth it to run once or twice. Comparing the monthly fee from this with most other MMOs, I can see shelling out an extra $5 a month for some random things every now and then. But no way am I going to buy a ticket if the mission is nothing more than a simple "Play this mission again that was available during event Y with half the drop rates for only $3.99 per ticket!" Phantasy Star stuff is good, but not "$4 for 15 minutes of fun" good.

Rust
Feb 3, 2009, 11:15 AM
Common box functions

Online status functions

Screenshot functions

Yes!

* In order to play exclusive missions, you must pay each time you want to run the mission.
* With these missions, there will be some where only the party leader must pay and others in which all p arty members must pay.

No...

stukasa
Feb 3, 2009, 11:27 AM
Common box functions
This all seems like good stuff, especially the 100 items part.

Online status functions
The first thing I thought of when I read this was, "PSU is becoming more like MSN Messenger!" :p

Screenshot functions
Am I the only one who thought this was the most exciting part of the update? XD

This almost sounds like a joke except I know it's not. :disapprove:

Concerning PS2 users
Well at least they're trying to accommodate PS2 players. I guess there's only so much they can do with without a hard drive.

Inazuma
Feb 3, 2009, 12:35 PM
love the common box and afk features but they should let us use kin kai in player shops, instead of having to set up trades.

as for the guardians cash thing, i feel a little better about it now but im still worried. if it has limited use, thats basically just another way to say that the game's monthly fee is going up. so lets say each player can do 10 grinds a month for 25 cents each, and a few bonus missions for a small price. it could bring the total monthly fee to 15 bux or something. i can deal w/ that.

EspioKaos
Feb 3, 2009, 12:38 PM
Slight modification. I misread something when I was going over the article before. You won't have to pay each time you want to access the mission. Looks like it really is only once per mission (which makes more sense.) But, it seems that the option will be given for the party leader to cover the cost of the entire party or make everyone pay on their own to access a mission.

Sorry for the confusion!

Rust
Feb 3, 2009, 02:29 PM
The first thing I thought of when I read this was, "PSU is becoming more like MSN Messenger!" :p

Now all what's missing is the auto-reply feature when using a custom status. :lol:

But, it seems that the option will be given for the party leader to cover the cost of the entire party or make everyone pay on their own to access a mission.

I don't know you, but I personally don't know anyone willing to pay an additional fee for other players so those can enjoy the mission he paid for... People is already bitching about free rare missions for whatever reasons, which are already out of proportions. Now to think about how much of a carnage is gonna be when it will involve real money... *shivers*

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 3, 2009, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know what the jp players are saying about this?

Calsetes
Feb 3, 2009, 02:40 PM
They're saying stuff. I don't know what exactly they are saying about it, because I don't know Japanese, but they are saying stuff.

Come on, laugh. You know you want to.

RemiusTA
Feb 3, 2009, 04:59 PM
* In order to play exclusive missions, you will have to pay once per mission.
* Unlike the normal grinding system, the optional pay-to-upgrade system will never Fail. However, a maximum number of upgrades will be established to limit the number of times a weapon or line shield can be modified.

http://weblog.datguy.net/images/KeyboardFrustration.gif

And so PSU became a P2P game with F2P FUCKED UP rules. Its economy crashed, all its players quit, and segac was finally happy they didn't have to worry about FUCKING UP anymore.

The End.

Magus_84
Feb 3, 2009, 05:03 PM
http://weblog.datguy.net/images/KeyboardFrustration.gif

And so PSU became a P2P game with F2P FUCKED UP rules. Its economy crashed, all its players quit, and sega was finally happy.

The End.

He edited the "pay to play mission" thing. Only have to pay once. >_>

RemiusTA
Feb 3, 2009, 05:09 PM
Only have to pay once? Pay once per mission?

Unless im paying $1 ONCE to play the misson over and over again FOREVER, i dont give a fuck. This game is suffering from repetitive, boring missions, and their solution is to give them to us for a PRICE?

Fuck that. I hope Sega goes bankrupt. I can see them releasing exclusive missions (With NEWER areas, enemies and bosses) in a "expansion pack" every once and a while for a fee to add them to the game, but making us pay money everytime we want to level up at an accelerated rate is just the stupidest shit any Pay-to-Pay developer can think of.

They've been fucking over their player base since the whole thing begun, and now they want us to pay them more for their "services"? The moment I see what kind of missions they're releasing with this Guardians Cash shit, im just going to quit. The technic nerf was immoral, but this is just fucked up.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 3, 2009, 05:28 PM
u :mad: ?

stukasa
Feb 3, 2009, 05:49 PM
Slight modification. I misread something when I was going over the article before. You won't have to pay each time you want to access the mission. Looks like it really is only once per mission (which makes more sense.) But, it seems that the option will be given for the party leader to cover the cost of the entire party or make everyone pay on their own to access a mission.

Sorry for the confusion!
Phew! Well that's slightly better, I guess. It would have been really stupid if you had to pay each time. Still, I don't like this whole "cash shop" idea. My theory is that they've run out of content they can use (unless they use reskins like before) so they have to charge players to develop new content. I'll wait and see what kind of special missions they have to offer, but if the "pay to play" missions are nothing but reskinned missions with reskinned monsters it's going to be really lame. >.>;

RemiusTA
Feb 3, 2009, 08:23 PM
Phew! Well that's slightly better, I guess. It would have been really stupid if you had to pay each time. Still, I don't like this whole "cash shop" idea. My theory is that they've run out of content they can use (unless they use reskins like before) so they have to charge players to develop new content. I'll wait and see what kind of special missions they have to offer, but if the "pay to play" missions are nothing but reskinned missions with reskinned monsters it's going to be really lame. >.>;

Yeah, its alot better.

but still, these "exclusive" missions need 100% new content for them to warrant making us pay to play them in a game we already pay $10 a month for. And that counts even double for the US/EU servers, because we dont get shit on time anyway.

I could see if these exclusive missions were different from the regular party missions they keep releasing, but if they're just regular missions with 1/2 enemy HP, 500% EXP/Drop rate/PA rate, then they really are just asking for us to pay to host our OWN events...

So, if they're gonna reskin them, at least reSCALE them too, so it at least feels like we're fighting something new. But since they're still catering to the PS2 and its lack of a harddrive, dont expect any new enemy AI, bosses or levels.

Arika
Feb 3, 2009, 09:41 PM
I don't think the content that need to pay for unlock should be something really exclusive or new like that. Because cash shop on most of the game I know only give you the same thing that you can obtain with hardwork alone, but in the easier way if you pay them. cash shop is always something unnecessary that exist for more option only.

For example, they might not longer give us any boost exp event from now on, but implement them in the tickets way such as a mission with 1000% exp boost that require tickets. or some novelty item for random purpose such as event item to be required ticket.
Plus from what they mention, it even show more support for casual players by doing the service of boost elemental % and grinding rate.

So I think that it will be kind of service for casual players who don't want to take much effort into game.
(for example, you might need to play for 5000 hours to get to level 200 normally, now with tickets, you might only need less than 900 hours)

ST trend to support casual players for very long time, now they plan to charge service fee from them.

Kazemi
Feb 3, 2009, 10:05 PM
about the "cash shop stuff"...

special missions are probably just like the netcafe missions. maybe some boosted drop and exp rates if not something to make it easier to get certain things. the leader paying it for others probably just means that if the leader has bought access to it everyone else in the party can do it with them regardless of whether they have payed or not. yep, ST's really greedy here for not charging everyone!

the weapon grinding service has a limit people, for crying out loud. its not like someone can walk in there and instantly get a 10/10 weapon with no effort. chances are the limit of the service will be no were near 10 yet still high enough for those that don't want to/can't dedicate their lives to this casual game to get a decently upgraded weapon. unless something like weapons ground to 5 or something are major commodity, its not gonna ruin the game's economy.

so much whining about these things and then the game itself >.> if you don't like the game so much that you whine like this, why do you continue to play it? if you feel that paying just under 10 bucks a month is too much then you need to go play some other games since PSU is actually on the cheaper side compared to other games and gets updated far more often too. this would also hardly be the first or only F2P game to have premium services. other games have done it and have been successful with it. they help to cover the costs of maintaining the servers and producing more content. developing games isn't cheap afterall, with higher profile games costing tens of millions to develop.

Xaeris
Feb 3, 2009, 10:26 PM
Sonic Team is really having trouble killing its last holdout of apologists. Perhaps they'll have to start Fed Ex'ing kicks to the 'nads.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 3, 2009, 10:41 PM
Does anyone know what the jp players are saying about this?
"I quit! BTW anyone wanna by my gold bars through RMT?"

EspioKaos
Feb 4, 2009, 12:03 AM
After giving it way too much thought than what it's worth, I'm thinking that maybe it really is pay-per-run. (Such a simple Japanese phrase shouldn't cause me this much uncertainty...) For some reason, I'm thinking these special missions will be more akin to event missions or rare missions, i.e. something that offers different bonuses like boosted EXP or drop rates, instead of being "just another free mission." So, I'm amending previous statements, and concluding that they're using the 回 counter to mean runs of a mission instead of a counter for missions in general. (Come to think of it, that would just be something like 1つのミッション for "one mission," anyway.)

Again. Sorry for the confusion.

Arika
Feb 4, 2009, 12:17 AM
Yup, that is just as what I said in previous one, it should be some kind of mission that boost things such as exp or drop rate, may be PA practice faster too.
(thus, for those who always at capped, you have no need to be worried about paying money here)

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 4, 2009, 12:33 AM
So, I'm amending previous statements, and concluding that they're using the 回 counter to mean runs of a mission
Most players use '回' for laps of a mission ingame, so that makes sense. One off payment means less money for ST and we know they want more...

beatrixkiddo
Feb 4, 2009, 12:38 AM
The only way I could see paying per-run work would be if it's under 50 yen per run. Would anyone really pay more than that for ONE run of a mission?

I'd laugh if they did a Cash mission with boosted PA Exp and someone found a way to AFK in it!

Arika
Feb 4, 2009, 12:53 AM
The only way I could see paying per-run work would be if it's under 50 yen per run. Would anyone really pay more than that for ONE run of a mission?

I'd laugh if they did a Cash mission with boosted PA Exp and someone found a way to AFK in it!

lol, and then that person might get DCed :lol:

well, from what I think, one ticket per 1 run is correct, but I think you will be forced to buy more than 1 tickets for charge anyway.
just like how you exchange photon sphere to degeki tickets, you can't purchase 1 tickets, but you have to purchase 10 tickets at least!
so even you want to run it once, you have to buy 10, and remain 9 for next use.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 4, 2009, 12:54 AM
So 500yen for 10 tickets then. I really can't see them expecting people to pay over 100yen for ONE run of a mission.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 4, 2009, 01:11 AM
Here's just a sample of people who are advertising that they're quitting thanks to this update:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/psu20090204_190054_000.jpg
'I'm quitting this month, gimme all ur meseta and gold bars for my weapons so I can sell them over RMT'

Guardian's Cash has set a new standard, people quitting and selling their 50% weapons cheap, then RMTing the money from that to people who will pay real cash to repeat the cycle all over again... Dwindling playerbase becomes a small number of ppl with uber equips and money to burn.

If I play a mission where everyone has to play, can I kick the other players after they've paid? ^^

Tyreek
Feb 4, 2009, 01:24 AM
I guess with this update. PSU's fate is sealed? Maybe. Maybe not. ;/ We'll see how they go about it. Then again... They could I dunno, NOT pay?

Zarode
Feb 4, 2009, 01:27 AM
If I play a mission where everyone has to pay, can I kick the other players after they've paid? ^^

Hahahaha... :wacko: Oh man, that would be so damn evil...

Arika
Feb 4, 2009, 02:47 AM
a Japanese GM might know this and created a stack of goldbar to sell for real life money :wacko:

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 4, 2009, 03:33 AM
a Japanese GM might know this and created a stack of goldbar to sell for real life money :wacko:
At the risk of losing their job?

unicorn
Feb 4, 2009, 03:52 AM
The day I have to start paying for event-esque missions, is the day I quit.

The main reason I play PSU is because its not like other MMOs. Sega would benefit getting ideas from other games, but atleast take the GOOD ideas.... -_-;

Arika
Feb 4, 2009, 03:58 AM
At the risk of losing their job?

as long as nobody find it out. There must be a way he could!

SoJ plan :
1. turn everybody into lazy players by spoiling them with big boost event.
2. now that many of those people can no longer play the game without boost rewards anymore, it is time to charge fee!
(jk: 3. secretly selling meseta to real money to compete with players)

Chuck_Norris
Feb 4, 2009, 04:50 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure Sega will take notice of people leaving if even the japanese players are quitting over it. Can't wait to see what they do next. :lol:

Rust
Feb 4, 2009, 10:55 AM
I'm already not paying meseta for stuff ingame, how can they decently think I'm gonna pay real cash for a stupid boost ?
Just because we are casual doesn't mean we like to get everything served on a plate, even less if we have to pay for that...

Zos
Feb 4, 2009, 02:46 PM
I would like to know if this patch will be affect the offline pc psu version?, and what will be applied to the xbox 360 version too in the form of a download?

Zarode
Feb 4, 2009, 04:00 PM
I would like to know if this patch will be affect the offline pc psu version?, and what will be applied to the xbox 360 version too in the form of a download?

Good chance none of it will affect offline mode, and 360 will get it as a download, just like the PC.

Shinko
Feb 4, 2009, 04:32 PM
Sega would benefit getting ideas from other games, but atleast take the GOOD ideas.... -_-;

XD lol so ture so ture....

Zorafim
Feb 4, 2009, 05:14 PM
Haa, this is kind of depressing. No amount of good news can counteract the fact they want us to pay more. I really wanted to get back into the game, but I'm just not finding any reason to.

garjian
Feb 4, 2009, 06:05 PM
whats this about paying extra for missions? i never read that anywhere...

*scans*

WOW!!! those missions will fail... if im still playing this in 2010 (when this comes out...) theres a good chance ill quit, if theres nothing else to do... i dont think anyone will fall for it though... but then... theyll put exclusive weapons on it wont they... so... meh... i just hope aion is a great mmo... then itll be the end of this :P

(and no i cant just quit... i quite enjoy psu right now, plus... its a great way to waste time... i have a lot of time on my hands...)

The Red Mirage
Feb 4, 2009, 06:15 PM
Anyone else notice the Duel Crazy Tune screen shot on the JP site? That is number one on my list of awesome for sure.

Arika
Feb 4, 2009, 06:55 PM
PSU tickets sound like a better than than Guardian cash(Guardian crash!?).
well at least it is just optional that players can choose whether they will pay for extra service or not. It gonna be good for a person who broke their 50% agito, they might really really want to regrind it even if it cost their some money. (compare to present situation that there is no way to regrind anything no matter how important that item is. It is more choice!)

In the past, many complain their bad luck on syn/grind important staffs and quit the game, who know, those people might get favor from this system if they have money to spend.

For the last, they might take this game more seriously if they can get enough money from it. I don't care new item as much as new stage/ new enemy and new bosses. (and everything is possible with downloadable content)

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 4, 2009, 10:06 PM
Well it's not really optional if your party wants to play a mission where everyone has to have GC is it? Charging money wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't waited 2 years to do so... really pisses off alot of people (not me, I'm happy it's finally gone PC main).

pinkace
Feb 5, 2009, 12:20 AM
So this is not coming to 360? :(

PhdChristmas
Feb 5, 2009, 12:38 AM

Its getting to the point where running the servers costs more than the subscriptions they are raking in. This is intended for players that have no plans on quitting the game and would prefer less headache over such frustrating matters such as weapon grinding.

This is still discerning to the players that have already used up valuable resources and time spent ingame making their 10/10 dreams come true.

Atleast theyre putting a limit on the pay-per-grind. Missions will probably be a mock up of what the "super drop rate" missions we see commonly in events.

I hope the rates arent rip offs like "$1 for 1 GCash = 1 Grind."

Arika
Feb 5, 2009, 12:45 AM
Its getting to the point where running the servers costs more than the subscriptions they are raking in. This is intended for players that have no plans on quitting the game and would prefer less headache over such frustrating matters such as weapon grinding.

This is still discerning to the players that have already used up valuable resources and time spent ingame making their 10/10 dreams come true.

Atleast theyre putting a limit on the pay-per-grind. Missions will probably be a mock up of what the "super drop rate" missions we see commonly in events.

I hope the rates arent rip offs like "$1 for 1 GCash = 1 Grind."

I agree with you, it make people less frustrate when they broke very precious weapon. but I don't think it will goes for pay per 100% grind, that is kidda making it too easy(also make griner S+10 worthless).
It might be something like you can pay about $5 to reset grind to 0/10 again. (it can't be too cheap, and it must need to use grinderS in game still, to make things still have value, and to force players to do it only with very important stuff, not to all palettes)

To me, of all weapons I have, there is only 1 weapon that I really want to regrind it. (and most likely, just for this weapon, I m very happy to pay for it if I can)

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 5, 2009, 01:38 AM
but I don't think it will goes for pay per 100% grind, that is kidda making it too easy(also make griner S+10 worthless).
But the official website says: Weapon grinding using ur monies is guaranteed unlike normal grinding, but a limit will be set. Which probably means you can't grind all the way to 10 using money, but perhaps to 6 and then you leave the rest to luck.

Arika
Feb 5, 2009, 01:41 AM
But the official website says: Weapon grinding using ur monies is guaranteed unlike normal grinding, but a limit will be set. Which probably means you can't grind all the way to 10 using money, but perhaps to 6 and then you leave the rest to luck.
if it is just to 6, then it might be useless then :-?
good side is that I don't have to pay for it.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 5, 2009, 01:44 AM
It won't be useless during a non-grind-bonus period though...

Arika
Feb 5, 2009, 03:07 AM
I hope it is kind of 1 weapon can use this service X times, more than limited to 6 only.
because if they limited elemental % that way, it will be like, everything can upgrade until it reach 30% only, that would be totally useless to most players. (nowadays I rarely seen anybody running with 10% stuffs anymore, and those people is unlikely to pay real money to upgrade their stuffs.)

It might allow 1 weapon to grind with 100% chance 3 times, and update elemental to +20% of based elemental. (think of those premade weapons which limited to be 30%, so it can upgrade to 50% this way)

People will grind only to their most precious weapon with real money anyway, not to any common stuffs.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 5, 2009, 03:42 AM
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up0590.jpg
This graph is really painful to look at...

beatrixkiddo
Feb 5, 2009, 03:56 AM
Imagine if it had more recent numbers...

RED_cast
Feb 5, 2009, 04:08 AM
Looks like fun!

Ezodagrom
Feb 5, 2009, 04:13 AM
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up0590.jpg
This graph is really painful to look at...
Funny that it decreased the most during MAG, Mission Carnival and MAG+. xD

Arada
Feb 5, 2009, 04:41 AM
It just shows that their events are too long.

Arika
Feb 5, 2009, 05:31 AM
Those event are indeed too long, people get bored after a week or 2, why always make an 4 weeks event? (and the first MAG with spam C rank is indeed the best one to make people quit)

-shade of darkness is seem to increase population tho, may be because it update weekly, not bi-weekly.

Kazemi
Feb 5, 2009, 05:56 AM
because if they limited elemental % that way, it will be like, everything can upgrade until it reach 30% only, that would be totally useless to most players. (nowadays I rarely seen anybody running with 10% stuffs anymore, and those people is unlikely to pay real money to upgrade their stuffs.)
if its a rare enough weapon/armor and the player isn't that hard core while the cost is decent, it'd still be a useful option if it comes out with something like 10% or so. hell, some people probably could do that with lower percent stuff that's being sold cheap if their life is consumed too much by work. in that sense they'd be helping out the less hard core players that aren't bothered to spend some money to get some nicer equipment. all the while they leave higher percent stuff in the realm of the determined players like it is now.

Arika
Feb 5, 2009, 06:07 AM
Btw, is there anybody know who is the one that always post the data about population chart daily and each event on the uploader?

I bet he is not from ST, (because SEGA wouldn't post something that is disadvantage to them) but... I m very curious why a guy invest his time record players stars everyday to make all the chart and publish it? ..may be he is from rival company?

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 5, 2009, 06:55 AM
Btw, is there anybody know who is the one that always post the data about population chart from each event on the uploader?
Mr Anonymous

Cracka_J
Feb 5, 2009, 09:06 AM
Man, those charts are really, I mean really depressing to look at.
Not just because of the population, but because that's what us on the other side of the pond have to look forward to...

12 days now til SF4. If it is indeed as good as every early indication has hyped it, and has solid netplay, I'm peacing out. It's been a fun ride :P

rayner
Feb 5, 2009, 09:09 AM
Seriously if I could "buy" grinds and such there really wouldn't be any reason to "play" PSU. Oh I'd go off and brag about my Psycho Wands 10/10 or 50% Rucars 10/10... but the problem will be... EVERYONE will have them.

Why not make the actual MISSION a one-time buy, play as many times as you'd like... make it LONG and limit to 4 players, and at the end you have the option to

add 1% Element to a weapon / Armor,
+1 Grind , Fix a broken weapon, or change an Element.

This way people will actually stick around to pay the monthly fee...

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 5, 2009, 09:48 AM
This way people will actually stick around to pay the monthly fee...
I don't think they'll care when GC is gonna eclipse the monthly fee :o

rayner
Feb 5, 2009, 09:50 AM
I don't think they'll care when GC is gonna eclipse the monthly fee :o

Not if there is NO ONE subscribing at all... for each person who quits they would have to have another person willing to shell-out an adition $10 a month on the Cash Shop...

stukasa
Feb 5, 2009, 09:54 AM
add 1% Element to a weapon / Armor
Make it 2%, otherwise all the even-numbered %s will become ugly odd-numbered %s. Ewww... :p

rayner
Feb 5, 2009, 10:04 AM
Make it 2%, otherwise all the even-numbered %s will become ugly odd-numbered %s. Ewww... :p

Agreed, I hate those odd-number % weapons, and Fighters need to worry about % & Grinds so it would ease it a little.

RemiusTA
Feb 5, 2009, 05:32 PM
Not if there is NO ONE subscribing at all... for each person who quits they would have to have another person willing to shell-out an adition $10 a month on the Cash Shop...

Thats exactly what the cash shop is for.

Their playerbase has completely caved in. They used to rely on that $10 a month, but unfortunally that isnt going to happen anymore.

So instead of improving the game to get more subscribers (which in turn = more money in $10 a month subscriptions), they hope that the idiots (us) that are still playing their game (which is dead btw) will use this GENIUS new idea they have with a fancy name (a cash shop) to make existing members end up paying perhaps $15 or $20 a month instead, which would allow for one member to instead count for about 2 or 3. (or the rich people who abuse the system, perhaps 6 or 7.)

Who wants to bet the unreleased missions that will be in the cash shop are already on the fucking disc?

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 5, 2009, 07:07 PM
Who wants to bet the unreleased missions that will be in the cash shop are already on the fucking disc?
Dengeki+ anyone?

joefro
Feb 5, 2009, 07:20 PM
Dengeki+ anyone?
MAG++? lol

rayner
Feb 5, 2009, 08:42 PM
Thats exactly what the cash shop is for.

Their playerbase has completely caved in. They used to rely on that $10 a month, but unfortunally that isnt going to happen anymore.

So instead of improving the game to get more subscribers (which in turn = more money in $10 a month subscriptions), they hope that the idiots (us) that are still playing their game (which is dead btw) will use this GENIUS new idea they have with a fancy name (a cash shop) to make existing members end up paying perhaps $15 or $20 a month instead, which would allow for one member to instead count for about 2 or 3. (or the rich people who abuse the system, perhaps 6 or 7.)

I'm not talking about people who have ALREADY left, but the idiots like me that would buy my ideal pallet... then what? Why am I playing PSU? To find items? But I have them already... then will it be to max my characters, most likely by then I'll have all 4 characters to MAX level. My PA's? Make a new character and start all over? I play PSU for the "Hunt" like alot of people and when that aspect is gone then I'll stop playing. I stop playing and Sega gets $0 from me until the game slowly fades away.

A Cash Shop is front loaded... I may get my fill in the 1st month so instead of Sega getting another year outta me $120... they get $20 - what I spend in the cash shop... and I doubt it will be anywhere near $100 in 2 months.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 5, 2009, 09:52 PM
That's why ST have to keep releasing new items frequently, something which they can do now that they're using PC for this update.
'omg this new rifle has an extra 2 ATP over my current rifle at +10?! Where do I buy?'

rayner
Feb 6, 2009, 08:38 AM
That's why ST have to keep releasing new items frequently, something which they can do now that they're using PC for this update.
'omg this new rifle has an extra 2 ATP over my current rifle at +10?! Where do I buy?'

This is where you say is $xx.xx amount worth 2 - 20 ATP? It's bad enough right now I won't even spend fake money ( meseta ) for those benefits, besides the item needs to look awesome and sound cool. I'm just saying with a "Cash Shop" people like me will be burnt-out in a very short peroid of time. That's why they really need to add a mission for the benefits, and maybe even some PA fragments.

God_Shiden
Feb 11, 2009, 06:11 PM
This......just isnt cool Segac.....It just isnt....Its not even funny....If its a joke....someone please tell me so i can laugh....

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 11, 2009, 06:38 PM
If we complain enough, Sega probably won't even release GUARDIANS Cash system on our servers. Hell, looking at that chart, I think the Xbox 360 population might even be higher than the JP server.

Inazuma
Feb 11, 2009, 07:33 PM
actually you are right. the xbox ver is the most popular now -_-

Alecc
Feb 12, 2009, 12:48 PM
actually you are right. the xbox ver is the most popular now -_-

Whatīs the source for that?
I do remember someone posting pics from jp servers and xbox servers like around 8 months ago(?) and jp servers had 75 stars while xbox had 20ish.
Itīs very hard to believe that jp servers decreased more than us servers.
Not that it didnīt happen, but thatīs still VERY hard to believe.

(edit: and about the chart thing, didnīt they once released a chart on all 3 servers (together, on the same chart) which was clearly not accurate when comparing 1 server to another cause xbox and US pc servers had almost the same number of players?)

Cracka_J
Feb 12, 2009, 01:18 PM
I'm just wondering now if anyone besides me is thinking SEGA has planned to suicide the game this way, and make money off it's death at the same time.

I mean from a marketing standpoint it's almost epic. You have a product that you know is on the verge of dying, people are leaving on a daily basis. How can you still make money and have a small playerbase at the same time? *LIGHTBULB GOES ON* CASHSHOP.

Really, what do they have to provide for the players that are left? A few new items now and then that take a 3d artist maybe 30 minutes to model/map, and release them into the cash shop every few weeks? They will be obtaining real money by altering stats that already exist in-game. Manipulating weapon or armor %'s. That shit is even easier because it's all there already...no extra models/sound effects/graphics needed. They will be making instant money off of those obsessed with how things look and the stats (wow isn't that like 100% of any mmo community right there?).

All I'm saying is people sticking with PSU really need to take a long hard look at what it's planned to become. Take all the factors in and make the best decision for yourself, your time, your enjoyment, and the money you will be spending. If you still believe your fun/enjoyment for the game will outweigh the negative, stick with it and have a blast with the game. I did the exact same thing and determined that PSU isn't for me anymore, which is solely my choice/opinion. Like I said, at least take in all the factors and make a logical choice for yourself, whatever the outcome may be.

desturel
Feb 12, 2009, 01:31 PM
All I'm saying is people sticking with PSU really need to take a long hard look at what it's planned to become. Take all the factors in and make the best decision for yourself, your time, your enjoyment, and the money you will be spending.

The way I see it, it's a win win situation.

1) I don't have to pay for anything. The additional content is optional. Ask the people who play Guitar Hero and Rock Band or whatever Dance Dance Revolution / Beatmania clone is popular at this time. You don't lose the original game because they released a new Avenged Sevenfold or Police album to DLC.

2) I won't have to deal with people constantly bitching instead of just leaving. Their righteous indignation and hot air saps more life out of the game than anything Sega could do. I play this game to relax, not to get upset about stuff that hasn't even come out in Japan yet. Save me the drama and go already. At least I won't have to listen to their constant whining.

3) The people who do feel like paying will keep the game going for me, the person who doesn't feel like paying. I don't care if they get content that I can't. I don't need to have everything, nor do I expect to have everything.

So I get to play the game in peace at no additional cost to myself. No downside to it from my point of view. If one day the game ends, so be it. I didn't expect it to last forever and I can only hope I accomplish everything I wanted to accomplish before it's over.

Magician
Feb 12, 2009, 01:45 PM
Nevermind, wrong thread.

Zorafim
Feb 12, 2009, 01:49 PM

Nope, the information is still here. Damn, I thought I wished it away this time.