PDA

View Full Version : good acrotechers???

WhiteKnight01
Jan 22, 2009, 07:16 AM
i dont seem to see many good acrotechers out there anymore have they all turned to the dark side of masterforce, will they come back during the event, and will they have good enough suport techs on hand or will they have to do a huge buff party for 10 hours to get everything up to 41, this maby a rant im not sure im not a rantin kind of person

EMPYREAN
Jan 22, 2009, 07:26 AM
consider myself medicore AT whit buffs and healing spells(not reverser) at lv 41.
but seeing as the visual nerf is here im afraid it allso affects support spells so im afraid to play on it since the showoff aspect is now removed from FT and MF.

so during the event my FG will get all my attension.

Magician
Jan 22, 2009, 07:29 AM
Personally, I love the class. Unfortunately, most folks often choose the class to level techs and then they're done with it. But in a game where a majority of the populace is all about either BIG NUMBARZ or FASTEST RUN EVAR, it's easy to see why the AT and it's low damage output isn't so popular.

Magus_84
Jan 22, 2009, 07:31 AM
consider myself medicore AT whit buffs and healing spells(not reverser) at lv 41.
but seeing as the visual nerf is here im afraid it allso affects support spells so im afraid to play on it since the showoff aspect is now removed from FT and MF.

so during the event my FG will get all my attension.

Visual nerf doesn't affect support spells. Just attack spells. Friend was able to see the difference between 31 Jellen and 41 Jellen last night.

On-topic: I have all the buffs (read: all but Deband) and all the debuffs (Zoldeel, Jellen) I use at 41. Wondering if I should take Deband from 31 to 41, as the extra casting time and slot it takes up don't quite seem worth the effort. Of course, I play with friends who mostly use low-DFP classes, so that may be part of why.

Severad
Jan 22, 2009, 08:30 AM
i don't think acrotechers will die out. sure it is sad that most of the people abuse this class for spell leveling...but this is just wasted potential in my opinion.
as Magican stated...support classes are always the minority in online-role-playing games like WoW, it's all about Damage :)
i think sega has to set more difficult missions online, so that acrotechers can fully shine in their role and most peeps wish they were in their parties.
seed express/electrobrain or magashis on s2 was a good start off, except the teammates don't own high equip and are max LvL.

i am really looking forward to the lightning carnival, so far as i know there are survival missions and dying during this will be penalized...
so it's good to have an acrotecher along, i guess ^^

consider myself i've leveld my all my support spells to 41+, except resta and zoldeel,zalure.
high spells doesn't mean that someone also can support well, it all comes down to the personal attention,playstyle and of course how much you like to support.

i've leveled 4 acrotechers (cast,beast,new- and human) and to be honest can't get enough off them! they are so versatile, sure they can't produce the BIG NUMBARZ but "decent" damage if you use the right equip. so that's my input so far, hope that i am don't sound like a wise a$$ and it's understandable english ^^

happy hunting and more love for acrotechers <3 !

Dana
Jan 22, 2009, 10:54 AM
<_< I'm going right back to AT once the event comes out. I use debuffs too (unlike most of the AT's I see out there ~.~, c'mon? cause we do so much damage?)

I'm just getting the horrid MF to 20 so I can rest at night ^^

Seority
Jan 22, 2009, 11:06 AM
I am the best AT on the PC/PS2 servers.
True, I don't play the class too often, but when I do, I can make any party go faster.
Not only do I constantly keep the party healed 100% with all buffs along with debuffing, I use my DPS when needed and also traps.
I will gladly help out anyone if they ask.

Dana
Jan 22, 2009, 11:31 AM
I am the best AT on the PC/PS2 servers.
True, I don't play the class too often, but when I do, I can make any party go faster.
Not only do I constantly keep the party healed 100% with all buffs along with debuffing, I use my DPS when needed and also traps.
I will gladly help out anyone if they ask.

lol

>_>

ashley50
Jan 22, 2009, 12:25 PM
anyone can do that IF they actually tried and not spamming whips and trying to be an offense type class ;l

Ryno
Jan 22, 2009, 12:30 PM
I'm an excellent Support Acrotecher. I have never even tried masterforce yet. LOL also I have never even tried a whip before..lol
all my Buffs, Debuffs, Megistar, are level 50 and Resta and reverser is 47 ......

OldCoot
Jan 22, 2009, 12:43 PM
I think Acrotechers are in demand but that a lot of players have moved over to something else. Been playing my CAST gunner lately to get him leveled up.

Yesterday while I was waiting for friends to arrive to join their Seed Express S2 a random party passed by. My character is a female level 125 AT (20). I have all support techs except resta to 41+. A brand new diga and level 15 nosdiga (got tired of switching diga from my MF) and a level 20 zonde as my attack techs. My gear at the most had maybe 3 grinds on each item.

Standing near me with much better gear 10/10 wands and tech mags and also not in a party was a friend playing his female newman level 150 MF 20 with techs at level 41+.

Guess who got the invite?

Maybe, the PL didn't want to deal with grpahical lag, but I also suspect that that PL was looking for a support class. Usually when I party with randoms and even in parties where everyone is 25 levles above, the players overlook that when it comes to getting those buffs and resta.

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 12:57 PM
About the only time I play acrotecher is when I'm with a random party. I haven't run with a random party in about a month now. So I haven't played my acrotecher much. I can't trust random parties to heal and buff anyone else which is why I play as acro when I run with them. The group I run with normally is pretty techer/gunner heavy so they don't need a babysitter like random groups.

Shou
Jan 22, 2009, 01:04 PM
Good AT dont use debuffs

... they just have them lvled up for show...

ChibiBecca
Jan 22, 2009, 01:20 PM
i really like playing support as AT. my attack techs may be weaksauce, but at least i can make the game a bit smoother for the other players in my party. :3

pleading guilty to using a whip, but that's only to tag for EXP when i know we're in an area that will require a lot of healing. (thanks to tech loading lag, if i switch to debuffs and then back to my healing weapon.. i'll sometimes have to wait a while for resta to load again. grr~)

there's a few people playing AT who hardily ever healed, and only buffed before a boss. guess they were in that class for the casting speed?

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 01:22 PM
Good AT dont use debuffs

... they just have them lvled up for show...

Jellen on Seed Ardite and Delnadian.
Zodeel on Deljaban.
Makes for a happy Seed Express run.

Of course, Jabroga doesn't care about evasion so I guess Zodeel isn't much of a problem.

Zarode
Jan 22, 2009, 01:44 PM
Egotecher.

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 22, 2009, 03:36 PM
Im a good acrotecher my buffs only 21+ but my gires is 40 and i heal and support all run.

Calsetes
Jan 22, 2009, 03:42 PM
I've been thinking about making my cast character an acrotecher after I finish getting mastergunner up to 20. But, seeing as that's a long ways off, I'll have plenty of time to not work on my buffs and not work on getting that "cure-anti-regen" spell, since my characters are getting all of their "main job specialization PAs" first, i.e. all rifle, laser, and shotgun bullets for mastergunner, all doublesaber, machinegun, fist, and crossbow bullets for fighgunner, etc. etc. before I get extra PAs.

Being a cast though, I can only hope that acrotecher is better than wartecher.

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 22, 2009, 03:51 PM
Cast acro is better than WT way better especially since things liek red force came out and har smart now if u played back in old days when game first came out you would of been mad.I remeber being cast AT/FT with everything capped and still getting booted out of CB runs lol.

Calsetes
Jan 22, 2009, 04:08 PM
The only downside is I can't buy those things, and if I hunt them, then they magically drop to a 0% chance of dropping in that mission (and in the off chance that it does drop, it either goes to someone else in the mission, or the game decides to move it to a random point in the server, causing mass hysteria of people going "RED / WALL DROPS ON LIGHTNING BEASTS C!!!! OMGZORZ!!!!").

Hooray horrible luck!

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 22, 2009, 04:15 PM
LOL i see well i dotn even have a red force i wanna sellmy LKK or armas line for one but meh if i cant 50+ mil for either then i'll just chalk it im doing fine without out anyways sori tech is ok for me.

The_Brimada
Jan 22, 2009, 04:22 PM
My best gear in game is AT gear. Ihave most techs at decent levels. All buffs are 41+, resta is 31+. some debuffs are 31+. Im just trying to relevel my human to do the class instead of beast(that shouldn't be too tough with this event around though.)

Not saying I'm the best AT out there(because I'm not), but I've had friends making comments about always having 10 Scapes when I am the AT because I don't let them die.

ShuttleXpC
Jan 22, 2009, 05:02 PM
anyone can do that IF they actually tried and not spamming whips and trying to be an offense type class ;l

If they have the stun whips, I encourage AT's to whip their little butts off. The stun proc rate on that whip is awesome and helps on just about every non-boss enemy.

DAMASCUS
Jan 22, 2009, 05:08 PM
I second that. A stun whip and a healing MAG does wonders for split second support.

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 22, 2009, 05:39 PM
stun whip with megid and gires ")

Dana
Jan 22, 2009, 07:07 PM
I prefer stun whip and debuff mag. I use one set with all healing techs on (and regrant) and never have a problem healing. Debuffing through his much easier and helps out more.

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 22, 2009, 09:25 PM
I dont use debuff spells i use the PAs for card does deband yak maga shitfta. to lazy to level debuffs lol.

InfiniDragon
Jan 22, 2009, 09:32 PM
I have to admit, I'm one of the "melee ATs" out there. I use my buffs (43 at the moment) on everyone, then go to town with a dagger, whip or saber. I'll always Giresta if the team needs some healing, but I've never been one for debuffs so I don't use them.

As for damage, coming from playing classes that never deal "big numbarz" (Newman PT, Newman AF), I'm more than happy with the smackdown a counter-element Whip with Vivi Danga provides (though my whips are high % so that helps). Also a fan of the Stun, or the Charm (if I'm in a group).

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 22, 2009, 09:35 PM
Im cast acro techer with a LKK on with my whip it does hella good damage i couldnt imagine being a newman using whipes EWWWWW

Shou
Jan 22, 2009, 09:39 PM
To be the most affective AT you can be, you need to follow a few simple rules.

1. Buff with capped buffs (on the go don't make your party stop)
2. Only use giresta as a buff or to revive somone (use resta instead to heal because it has more range, casts faster and doesnt override giresta's saved up HP regain
3. Dont use attack techs (there may be one situation were they might do more DPS than melee but probably never)
4. If you are using whips use Vish Adacs. The stun is WAY to helpful
5. Only use melee when fighting unless the enemy as a resistance to it
6. Never Debuff (debuffs are broken in the current battle system and need to be fixed) an extra 15 damage wont help anybody

Play like this and people will LOVE you :P and its more challenging to to play this way instead of willy nilly doing anything and AT has the ability to do. FT can use a-rank spears but that doesnt mean they sould use them.

AC9breaker
Jan 22, 2009, 09:39 PM
All the best acrotechers solo Dark Satellite in under 5 minutes.

DEM_CIG
Jan 22, 2009, 10:32 PM
I dont no what ur talking about lol. My buffs are at 50 and resta and reversa are at 41... so i consider my self at least par, lol. I've been on my female cast leveling her up lately.

Celi-Ka
Jan 22, 2009, 11:02 PM
I've always considered myself a melee-centric AT. Buff/heal on the fly, tag enemies with stun whips. Stun tags a lot more often than people think.

I actually kept a rough estimate of how long it takes to level a debuff to 31. I hadn't used Jellen EVER...until today. I leveled it at Sleeping Warriors (long hall map) and debuffed the first spawn of 6 Badira. Just walk into a corner, let them approach, and cast. Taking into account having to run to the recharge cube at the field base lobby every time I tapped myself, getting Jellen to 31 took a little less than 95 minutes. Level 21 and change took about 40 minutes.

Note that I wasn't carrying a full set of wands and T-Mags. I was too lazy to switch out my 2 whips and 1 throwing blade for TECH weapons before starting. Still, not too bad.

Tsavo
Jan 22, 2009, 11:03 PM
To be the most affective AT you can be, you need to follow a few simple rules.

1. Buff with capped buffs (on the go don't make your party stop)
2. Only use giresta as a buff or to revive somone (use resta instead to heal because it has more range, casts faster and doesnt override giresta's saved up HP regain
3. Dont use attack techs (there may be one situation were they might do more DPS than melee but probably never)
4. If you are using whips use Vish Adacs. The stun is WAY to helpful
5. Only use melee when fighting unless the enemy as a resistance to it
6. Never Debuff (debuffs are broken in the current battle system and need to be fixed) an extra 15 damage wont help anybody

Play like this and people will LOVE you :P and its more challenging to to play this way instead of willy nilly doing anything and AT has the ability to do. FT can use a-rank spears but that doesnt mean they sould use them.
truth

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 22, 2009, 11:19 PM
A good AT isnt only about capped skills its also about the support u give my cast AT is no where as good as my PC one but im getting there all my techs 21+ and im getting to the cap closely.

DAMASCUS
Jan 22, 2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah its funny because when I use my techer(FT atm but will return to AT after that) I wind up buffing on the fly until they can get in the maxed buffs..not the most effective but I never stay in buff parties long enough :p

desturel
Jan 23, 2009, 01:14 AM

??? You say never debuff, but your example only assumes Zalure, which is pretty useless. Zodeel and Jellen are still useful to a small party (duo runs and three person parties). High evasion enemies slow down a run. Throwing down a zodeel saves you time. Watching the masterforce in the party die because you didn't throw jellen on a buffed Ardite or Gainozeros means that you are not a good Acrotecher, you are only looking out for your best interest.

Your suggestions only apply to a large party. A large party doesn't need acrotecher besides buffs and heals so you don't have to be a "good" acrotecher to be in a full party. A good acrotecher can adapt to the situation, no matter what the other team members are playing. If you only assume you will run will cast gunmasters and fighmasters, then your suggestions are fine. If you are running with masterforces and fortetechers, your suggestions are garbage. Adapt to the situation and the group.

Then again, I guess people forget that you can group with other techers as an acrotecher.

Kinako78
Jan 23, 2009, 01:23 AM
I'll be an AT for life. *loves playing support role*

BahnKnakyu
Jan 23, 2009, 02:34 AM
??? You say never debuff, but your example only assumes Zalure, which is pretty useless. Zodeel and Jellen are still useful to a small party (duo runs and three person parties). High evasion enemies slow down a run. Throwing down a zodeel saves you time. Watching the masterforce in the party die because you didn't throw jellen on a buffed Ardite or Gainozeros means that you are not a good Acrotecher, you are only looking out for your best interest.

Your suggestions only apply to a large party. A large party doesn't need acrotecher besides buffs and heals so you don't have to be a "good" acrotecher to be in a full party. A good acrotecher can adapt to the situation, no matter what the other team members are playing. If you only assume you will run will cast gunmasters and fighmasters, then your suggestions are fine. If you are running with masterforces and fortetechers, your suggestions are garbage. Adapt to the situation and the group.

Then again, I guess people forget that you can group with other techers as an acrotecher.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This guy speaks truth. Party dynamics 101. I wish more people would understand that. Shou's suggestions are good if you are trying to be a TA fgt, but in a normal party it's really learning to adjust to what your team is capable of. An aT backed up by any other techer thats good at helping you with the support makes it that much easier on you.

WhiteKnight01
Jan 23, 2009, 02:35 AM
the way i like to play is attack tech on mags and heals on my all my wands so no matter whats happends i dont have to wait to change weapons to heal