PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge Just for fun (Gunners)

Vickie
Jan 22, 2009, 01:05 PM
Try to solo Seed Express S2 without getting hit once lol, takes a little while but its fun. the boss doesnt count tho i dunno if its possible to solo mother brain without gettin hit im still tryin.

Calsetes
Jan 22, 2009, 01:14 PM
I like the machinegun challenge, use only machine guns on an S2 mission - no other weapons.

I tried it on S back when I was just a bit shy of 100 and it was pretty fun (although I did have other people with me). Just walk into a room, waste a whole gun, move on to the next one.

And the real sad part is I think my freeze bullet went from like 7->8 that run, that's it.

Csero
Jan 22, 2009, 01:36 PM
I knew other people soloed this. How come all my friends tell me I'm insane when I do it?

Zarode
Jan 22, 2009, 01:42 PM
I like the machinegun challenge, use only machine guns on an S2 mission - no other weapons.

Me too, I love Macgunning!

Vickie
Jan 22, 2009, 01:44 PM
she can be solod without gettin hit (Motherbrain) it's really just a matter of dodging her slicers when her arms are down

I knew other people soloed this. How come all my friends tell me I'm insane when I do it?

probably because it could take a long time if you dont do it right, fastest i have done it solo is in 18 minutes, how about you?

Zarode
Jan 22, 2009, 01:45 PM
Too much moving around to make it worth it. I don't think anyone wants to fight Mother Brain for an excess amount of at least 30 minutes.

edit:

Please don't double post. Use the edit button.

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 01:54 PM

People tell me I'm insane because I solo it as a masterforce. Tell them to stuff it. Just because they suck doesn't mean you do. ;)

As for no hits as a gunner, I've done it, but it took longer that I would like. About 60 minutes including mother brain.

Darius_Drake
Jan 22, 2009, 02:23 PM
What levels were your bullets for those that have soloed this mission?

LuigiMario
Jan 22, 2009, 02:31 PM
Vickie, how about you solo the bonus carnval mission w/o dying.

darkante
Jan 22, 2009, 02:32 PM
Nah, Mother Brain would hurt me as it lags sometimes when she makes an action.

Vickie
Jan 22, 2009, 02:35 PM

41 plus

desturel
Jan 22, 2009, 02:51 PM

Currently?
Burning Shot 41
Rising Shot 41
Grav Shot 42
Plasma Shot 39
Barada Yoga 45
Barada Diga 45
Rising Prism 44
Frozen Prism 39
Twin Dark 25
Twin Grav 31

Like most Parum missions, this one is full of "safe" spots which makes it easier to run than many others.

If you are trying to go through without getting hit, avoid the map where you teleport into the box room, that one is almost impossible to get out of without at least one hit.

Use Rising shot on the Seed Ardite until they are confused and watch them beat the crap out of each other or you can just wait for them to megistar themselves down to one HP and then one shot them (takes longer than I'd like to wait).

You can shot rising prism through most of the doorways and dodge incoming megid and barta as they fly towards you. Again, very easy. Or you can stand flush against the door frame and shotgun blast creatures that are on the other side (the door frame block most techs from getting through, but damdiga from the bel pannon and megid from the deljaban can still sneak through depending on how close to the door you are).

On the train part of the mission, it's easy enough to take care of everything without getting hit. Go Bajilla, Volfu and Golmoro don't shoot anything at you, so it's just basically dodging when they come charging at you. I use a laser cannon since I never bothered leveling up my twin handguns, but I'm sure most people would prefer to use those.

The Bal Soza are relatively simple as well. Concentrate on the lightning one first as it will tend to charge at you. I use Plasma shot to stop their rush attack and Barada Diga to kill them after they are knocked down (it also has the added bonus of silencing them), but again, I'm sure most people would setting for Twin Grav. The ice Bal Soza is so busy running from you, that there isn't really much you have to dodge. Just watching for the barta is good enough.

Killing the Volfu or Golmoro that spawn after you kill the first lightning Bal Soza should be your next priority.

After that you repeat the process on the Bal Soza king, although since I know it's de-spawn spot, I normally use burning shot on it to burn it to death. I don't play a cast, so no easy button (aka Paradi) for me. I'm sure that would make the run a lot quicker for most of you.

Again, it's not very hard, but it is time consuming. The run itself takes about 20~25 mins, but mother brain can take another 25~30 minutes as a gunmaster for me. On the other hand as a masterforce, the run takes me about 25~30 mins and Mother Brain takes me about 5 mins (diga 48 now :) )

I've run it as:
Neuman male gunmaster/masterforce.
and
Beast female gunmaster

There aren't many spots for you to nanoblast unless you are using Vande Val (invincible) and as a gunmaster, NPCs don't really help you out much, especially if you are staying out of the middle of the fighting.

Darius_Drake
Jan 22, 2009, 03:43 PM
Nice levels. Looks like I will have to find some of those safe spots.

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 22, 2009, 05:40 PM
True challenge is being a ranger without getting hit lol.

Csero
Jan 22, 2009, 11:32 PM
fastest i have done it solo is in 18 minutes, how about you?

Aw, you got be beat, 22 mins here. Though I'd wager your palette is probably better than mine :P

All my elemental stuff is 31 or 41 plus. The exception is like , my light Laser Cannon and Mayalee Prism.

desturel
Jan 23, 2009, 01:21 AM
Aw, you got be beat, 22 mins here. Though I'd wager your palette is probably better than mine :P

Hmm, 18 mins and 22 mins. So are you getting the S rank with those times, or are you just running to the end? If S-rank, then I'm wondering what you do differently to get through the run without getting hit once and still going full speed.