PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Mission - Gathering Intel

Libram
Jan 23, 2009, 04:07 PM
I'd like to use this topic to gather all the information about each different stage in the Bonus Mission that isn't just what enemies are there at what level. Something like this:

Stage 1
Large area - G Colony Linear Line
No Traps
Bel Pannon
Dilnazen

Simple stage, no worries

Stage 2
Medium area - AMF Subway
Multiple trap zones activating Zonde Turrets (Indestructable)
Bel Pannon
SEED Ardite

The turrets can hurt, but no big deal.

Stage 3
Medium area - HIVE
1 Turret blocked by a fence (Indestructible)
1 Floor Switch that deactivates Barta Turret
Deljaban
Gaozoran

The turret is dangerous, as are the spells everyone uses. Even so there's no real worry.

Stage4
Medium area - Neudaiz RELICS
Pillar in the center makes walkways tight
Multiple turrets behind a fence (Indestructible)
Multiple floor switches at the far end of the room to deactivate turrets
Kakwane
Zamvapas

The Kakwane aren't much of a threat, but the Zamvapas are, especially when they charge. Have someone stand on that switch at all times. The Zamvapas will most likely target that person and avoid charging as soon as they spawn.

Stage 5
Large area - Neudaiz Islands (Fire Infection)
Varying fire pools
2 Turrets (Destroyable)
Multiple floor traps
Ageeta (Ice)
Komatoze (Ice)

The floor traps are hard to see even with the Goggles, so the best bet is to destroy the turrets from a distance. After that stay near the center to stay moderately close to the Komatoze and make them less likely to charge.

Stage 6
Very large area - Habirao
Multiple trap zones activating Triple Turrets (Destroyable)
Small zone in center near a VERY DEADLY Bomb
Sageeta (Ice)
Komazli (Ice)

Avoid the Bomb in the center. The Turrets can be dangerous at close range because they act like rapid-fire shotguns. Destroy them quickly or from a distance, then slowly approach each Komazli that spawns.

Stage 7
Small, narrow area - Mizuraki CD? (forget what that area's called)
Multiple fire and ice flames that randomly activate and deactivate
2 Floor Switches that deactivate flames
Sageeta (Ice)
Ubukrada (Ice)

Stand behind the switch that starts the stage when you're ready. If you don't an ice flame will pop up under your feet, and anyone not wearing a Freeze / Resist will be killed. Have someone rush to a switch and stay there.

Stage 8
Medium open area - Rykross
1 very large trap zone that triggers 1 Turret (Indestructible)
Galdeen
Zasharogan
Delnadian

The enemies like to spawn either in or near the trap zone. If you can avoid the turret well enough then fighting there is actually better. At the end three Delnadians appear within the safe zone and love to rip through whoever is closest.

Stage 9
4 narrow hallways forming a square - AMF Central Command
Traps appear and detonate after all enemies are defeated
4 large blue areas that are safe from traps
Galdeen
Carriguine

The Galdeens are laughable, but the Carriguines can outright kill you, especially when using Megid in the narrow halls. First one Carr appears after the Galdeen wave, then two, then finally three. After that some traps will appear and detonate. Rush to those blue safe zones as soon as possible.

Stage 10
Unknown
Unknown
Rappy Polec
Svaltus

I need more info.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 23, 2009, 04:15 PM
Keep getting up to 10 and stopping there, one run my team had a huge string of bad luck and left me to solo 8-9...

If i get any more runs in tonight before my cold meds kick my ass then I'll put up what I've gathered.

Darius_Drake
Jan 23, 2009, 04:37 PM
From what I have heard we only have 10. 11 hasn't been released just yet.

stukasa
Jan 23, 2009, 04:46 PM
We got killed by some kind of Freeze EX trap that activated as soon as we started Stage 7. I'm still not 100% sure what happened. xD All I know is, next time I'm going to try and defuse it before I hit the start switch. If I can't defuse it I'm going to equip my Freeze / Resist. ^^;

DarkEliteRico
Jan 23, 2009, 06:09 PM
oh well hell if that's as high as we can go then i'm going for broke. The end boxes for quiting at 8-9 were actually pretty good IMO.

Spartan Law
Jan 23, 2009, 06:18 PM
We got killed by some kind of Freeze EX trap that activated as soon as we started Stage 7. I'm still not 100% sure what happened. xD All I know is, next time I'm going to try and defuse it before I hit the start switch. If I can't defuse it I'm going to equip my Freeze / Resist. ^^;

A freeze resist works but if you just press the switch from behind it won't activate on you.

Also I got killed by the bomb after the carriguines, I *think* the corners of the map are safe points after the cariiguines die run there, I'm not sure on this as I was standing near the middle of one side and I got one hit killed (I was on my male beast FF with ~4800) by the death bomb trap.

Hoping to test this theory shortly and man those carriguines are annoying!

Have to say though, LOVING this event already. :-D

stukasa
Jan 23, 2009, 06:20 PM
oh well hell if that's as high as we can go then i'm going for broke. The end boxes for quiting at 8-9 were actually pretty good IMO.
Where did you find those end boxes? I only made it to stage 7 and when we died it took us back to the lobby immediately. There were no boxes or anything ._. Or do you only get boxes if you choose "end mission"?

@Spartan: Okay, thanks for the info! ^^

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 23, 2009, 06:23 PM

lmao thats exaclty where my group died the first time.

I think there is a trap that is right next to the button

The carriguines hurt >.<
We couldnt get past 9

pikachief
Jan 23, 2009, 07:01 PM
yea me and a friend beat the carriguines, u just need to be in the blue boxes when it explodes.

seeing him tornado dance into the box at the last second was awesome! lol

sadly having all the svaltuses focus on me at the last stage was not awesome -_- lol

Spartan Law
Jan 23, 2009, 08:16 PM
I found a cheap if not effective way to kill the 3 carriguine spawn, it involves leaving 1 galdeen alive from the very first spawn and letting him hit me repeatedly (had dark armour on though so only about 500 a hit on male beast ff 150/20) until I had beast mode.

Use opposite side of maps to attack other carriguines at range and then use invinci beast to pummel all 3 carriguines before it runs out, easy peasy lol, just remember to run for corner once your done :)

BEASTS FTMFW!!!!!

As for the following map you fight 1 svaltus and about 4 polecs at once about 3 or 4 times. Then you get a spawn with about 6 or 7 polecs alone. Then you get 3 svaltus' at once, I was on my own by this point so they got me! Also of note is the traps in block 10. There are 4 and each covers 1 quarter of the map area. Only 1 is "active" at a time and has a pink aura on mini map as with other traps. After a period of time (im assuming about 15-20 seconds) it explodes and another one becomes active. Im not sure whether said explosion is insta kill or alot of damage but I wasn't going to find out :-)

Hope this is of help to some!

Neith
Jan 23, 2009, 08:42 PM
Wait, we have 10 of 11 stages? Nice, I'll have to practice more.

Did two runs tonight (3x GM and 1x aT). I died on the Zamvapas room first run (3 spawned around me and all charged at once :lol: ) and we gave in after Stage 5 on the 2nd run because 1-2 of the team got very unlucky with Megid in Stage...3? (The Deljaban/Gaozoran one).

Now we've seen some of the stages, we can plan for it better, and hopefully make it further.

taffywelsh
Jan 23, 2009, 11:09 PM
Ok just completed stage 9, only 2 of us left alive so we thought we would give stage 10 a go, I didn't survive too long before being eliminated, but noticed when you enter its in a small square room with fire traps in each of the four corners. Svaltus spawns straight away at least one and 2 rappy polecs, i didnt see what was behind me to confirm any more than that sorry I died due to fire trap and svaltus

Spartan Law
Jan 24, 2009, 12:56 AM
I can officially confirm there is no boss yet. Stage 10 is the last stage and then your only options are end mission or cancel.

Also, let it be noted that even if the whole party dies aslong as everyone waits patiently you still get missions points, zon drops and money!

edit: Also if anyones interested, our party was me (150/20 male beast FF), frostybuds from here on his female newman 132/18 AT, a 150/7 male cast FM and a 105 male cast Fortegunner 20. Not exactly the best of the best but we did it :D Good luck to everyone else :) (We had Lutus Jigga's on our stage 10 too and had 3 Kan Yu {b} drop :)

desturel
Jan 24, 2009, 02:57 AM
Only got to do it twice. First time I froze on stage 7. >.>

The second time I made it to stage 9 then ended the mission since everyone else in my party had died (Carriguine of course).

Except for the Carriguine, I don't think this is as hard as people were making it out to be. I'm sure now that I've said that, I'll die on stage 2 or something like that, but for now I think I can handle it up to 9.

Female Human Acrofighter 20. Did most of the run just using Rising Strike and Grav Hit level 21.

WhiteKnight01
Jan 24, 2009, 06:52 AM
good tips guys, has anyone made a vid of the mission yet going to 10 iv tried youtube without luck

Kylie
Jan 24, 2009, 11:53 AM
The traps in stage 10 are like that one trap in Crimson Beast, you know, past the three person switch. As someone else said, it's a square area in the COG pavilion, and one quarter is activated at a time. It was two of us left at that point, and I lagged seconds away from the finish. :disapprove: I went to heal, nothing happened, and then when things started moving again, I was dead. Honestly, I don't want to do the bonus mission anymore for a while. The prizes aren't worth it yet.

stukasa
Jan 24, 2009, 01:31 PM
Honestly, I don't want to do the bonus mission anymore for a while. The prizes aren't worth it yet.
I agree. I'd rather save up my Zonspheres for something I actually want (Falclaw), at least until we can get past stage 10!

Spartan Law
Jan 24, 2009, 01:47 PM
Definitely :]

Although you got to 10 on your own I offer my assisstance should you wish to make a video, especially being as you got my card the other day from my CAST. :-)

Also, from being in stage 10 a few more times I think the traps AREN'T insta kill but they do constant damage and its not a good idea to be in their range. To be honest though, my friends and I have a great set of tactics to get to the Carriguine map every single time with no losses, and now we have a relatively good method of doing that stage and with an AT and 3 others that last stage was pretty easy to be honest. I was kind of hoping we had the boss as we still had 4 people alive at the end and ready to go a clobbering! (Stacked Gi-resta is GOD by the way, as is high % armour or rainbow)

As a quick side note, I'm much more scared of Beta. That has Bead Groodes. I'll take Carriguines over Groodes any day of the week and twice on sundays!:-o

Arada
Jan 24, 2009, 05:14 PM
Our team was formed of 1 Acrotecher (me), 1 Gunmaster and 1 Fighgunner.

We all have high level PAs and are capped in both levels and types.

What was done:
1. The group members should stay close to each other, at Resta range.
2. Someone with a rifle steps on switches and shoots from there.
3. Someone with rifle bullets at 41+ is a real help as many enemies fall/can't move.
4. Traps are your worst nightmares. Don't step in their range.
5. The healer should heal and nothing else. No hits, no fight, just heal. All the time.
6. Level 8, 9 and 10 have enemies that basically one-shot you. The Delnabian can be knockbacked. The Darbelan are slow, staying out of range does the trick. Carriguines can be avoided through safe spots in the area.
7. Your armor matters. Change it for the right one whenever you reach a new stage. The enemies' attack is so high that the 10-20+ % you can avoid can mean survival.
8. Freeze and Stun Resists are almost mandatory.
9. There's a death trap at the end of Stage 9. Stand in one of the safe sopts in the corners or you will not see Stage 10.
10. Activate Stage 7's start from the back of the button to not take the first hit of the trap.
11. G Traps are good, especially the Freeze traps. Put one, Freeze, the enemy dies as it as very little HP. It's especially good against Delnabians.
12. Don't stand. Never. Move all the time. There are a lot of enemies that charge and, most of the time, those charges are deadly. It's espcially true for the healer.

That's about it. I believe the mission to not be that hard if the team is well organized. Find people you can trust, give everyone a role (and stick to it ;) ) and that should do the trick.

Billy Mitchell
Jan 24, 2009, 06:15 PM
What safe spots against the carraguine?

DarkEliteRico
Jan 24, 2009, 06:26 PM
What safe spots against the carraguine?

not really against the carraguine, but right after the last 3. there are 4 blue areas on the map and if you aren't in them within a few moments then say buh-bye to everyone

Neith
Jan 24, 2009, 09:02 PM
Anyone have any other advice for Stage 9? The final Carriguine spawn tore through my team earlier. They're strong enough to one-hit kill my Lv150 GM (GM10), but there doesn't seem to be many places I can take advantage of them (especially with the blue safe spots being so small). It's kinda awkward finding somewhere I can shoot them Carriguines, while still being able to get to the safe zone.

Still, dying on Stage 9 is better than last night's performance :lol:

Spartan Law
Jan 24, 2009, 09:27 PM
Anyone have any other advice for Stage 9? The final Carriguine spawn tore through my team earlier. They're strong enough to one-hit kill my Lv150 GM (GM10), but there doesn't seem to be many places I can take advantage of them (especially with the blue safe spots being so small). It's kinda awkward finding somewhere I can shoot them Carriguines, while still being able to get to the safe zone.

Use the middle of the sides to get the carriguines stuck but be careful they don't run round. Also I'll repeat, these carriguines go down to SUV/Nano (invinci) very easily so if you are tough enough and have a techer leave one of the first galdeens alive and let it hit you till SUV. Its not pretty but it works.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 24, 2009, 09:37 PM

Use the middle of the sides to get the carriguines stuck but be careful they don't run round. Also I'll repeat, these carriguines go down to SUV/Nano (invinci) very easily so if you are tough enough and have a techer leave one of the first galdeens alive and let it hit you till SUV. Its not pretty but it works.

As a gunner myself and having to do that one solo a few times. get those bastards stuck against the wall if they're close to you, if they spawn on other side of map you can shoot them with rifles. The last 3 you just have to run around em, twins seem to be my answer there.

I haven't been ballsy enough to do round 10 by myself yet though

Spartan Law
Jan 24, 2009, 09:49 PM
I haven't been ballsy enough to do round 10 by myself yet though

The last spawn of 10 is 3 svaltus at once with evil traps in each quarter, i cant do it with only 2 people so best of luck solo =/

Gen2000
Jan 25, 2009, 05:57 AM
I found a cheap if not effective way to kill the 3 carriguine spawn, it involves leaving 1 galdeen alive from the very first spawn and letting him hit me repeatedly (had dark armour on though so only about 500 a hit on male beast ff 150/20) until I had beast mode.

Heh, that's pretty neat trick to use if you doing a duo run or even solo'ing it. How long it took to build up Nano? Can probably reproduce that on the other stages too as long as you figure out the spawn patterns.

WhiteKnight01
Jan 25, 2009, 07:31 AM
if your using a galdeen to charge ur suv or nano watch out a friend got 1 hit critical from one of them and left me alone to face all 3 which didnt last too long, also its posable to do 10 with 2 people me and another guy were dead and the other 2 finished it

Spartan Law
Jan 25, 2009, 10:12 AM
if your using a galdeen to charge ur suv or nano watch out a friend got 1 hit critical from one of them and left me alone to face all 3 which didnt last too long, also its posable to do 10 with 2 people me and another guy were dead and the other 2 finished it

You do have to be careful. I've been using my male beast FF with 4821 HP and a 28% dark armas line with a legless/rainbow in that last room but with my friend acro healing I've never died. I have seen them kill a 150/7 CAST FM virtually instantly though. As for speed, its not the fastest thing ever and i usually turn my back to it so it can't miss me and personally I have enough HP to run at Dammegid for more beast.. Doing it without a techer though would probably annihilate alot of healing items :-?

Also, Yeah on the stage 10 thing, I've now done it duo but you need team work badly and a very good understanding of the last stage. When I wrote that post I hadn't duo'd it. Managed to do it with my AT friend, was tense as hell though as I forgot my sleep res and those polecs can do some ridiculous damage. On the plus side though 1 jabroga from a 150/20 m beast FF with Kaos Knight (in armas) and a 46% 2^ dedda kills a svaltus with NO JA. It can probably be done with less but I know that if I don't catch all 3 spots they won't die one hit.

Clunker
Jan 25, 2009, 11:36 AM
Do Darbelans ALWAYS appear on lvl 8? I've been wanting a Black Heart unit for ages, but the luck hasn't been with me. What's the consensus?

Neith
Jan 25, 2009, 11:53 AM
Do Darbelans ALWAYS appear on lvl 8? I've been wanting a Black Heart unit for ages, but the luck hasn't been with me. What's the consensus?

No, last time I ran Stage 8 I had Galdeen, Zasharogan and Delnadian. There were no Darbelan.

Spartan Law
Jan 25, 2009, 11:56 AM

It's a rare spawn. They replace the Delnadians if your lucky.

I personally have seen Rappies in place of Komazli (once) and Lutus Jigga's in place of Svaltus so I know for a fact that both those rare spawns are true. Sadly though I have yet to see the Darbelans in place of the Delnadians on stage 8.

EDIT: Apparently someone else said the zashoragan are replaced not the Delnadians but having not seen it myself I'm unsure. Anybody who's had the spawn care to help out?

Clunker
Jan 25, 2009, 11:59 AM
Darbelans still being a rare spawn: crud.

Owell, guess that means I should actually turn in some spheres and try it out then.

Soljah
Jan 26, 2009, 05:29 AM
Finished all 10 stages yesterday. Had myself lvl145/20 FM, a lvl 150/20 GT, and a lvl 91/10 GM. One of the key tips I can give anyone is rely on Gunners to deal most of the damage. Both of my gunners took out mobs furthest away while i protected them from bigger mobs charging in or spawning really close. The first thing you notice in this mission is the insane XP and the relatively easiness because the mobs have low health. However once you become rogue from the group, your chances diminish.

The SUV trick works very well for almost all the late stages with Galdeen spawns. Leave one Galdeen alive and get your SUV's for the Carriguines. However Paradi does not freeze them as they will run and charge you on sight. Those using the SUV are invincible but others will not be. Be careful here. On stage 10, the traps take out a corner of the room and have a slight timer on them (guessing around 1 second). Again dont go chasing into the trap areas for mobs, let the gunners take them out. One thing I noticed while flying around the room with Tornado Dance (FM's best PA on most of the levels) is that the trap rotates in a set order (cant remember if clockwise or counter). If you have your team constantly moving in circles where Svaltus are chasing, Fighters can get behind and easily kill them. Freeze Resist is your best friend, and maybe Stun/Sleep (used sleep last time, but haven't decided on which one for future runs) for the last stage.

If anyone needs help or tips on any of the stages, I think ive got some really sound strategies formed and i would be willing to do some runs. GT: Soljah112

Good Luck!

Tsavo
Jan 26, 2009, 05:46 AM
It's a rare spawn. They replace the Delnadians if your lucky.

I personally have seen Rappies in place of Komazli (once) and Lutus Jigga's in place of Svaltus so I know for a fact that both those rare spawns are true. Sadly though I have yet to see the Darbelans in place of the Delnadians on stage 8.

EDIT: Apparently someone else said the zashoragan are replaced not the Delnadians but having not seen it myself I'm unsure. Anybody who's had the spawn care to help out?

Yeah, its true. I got them yesterday. Being true to form they didn't drop anything worthwhile though. Ank Dedda, woohoo.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 26, 2009, 04:00 PM
No, last time I ran Stage 8 I had Galdeen, Zasharogan and Delnadian. There were no Darbelan.
Never once Have i seen them there o.o

Delnadians hurt.....^^;

Atleast with darbelans i could attack from a distance

Cherrycoke
Jan 30, 2009, 03:48 PM
Has stage 11 been released yet? I hear it would be released today, but unclear whether it has or not. Seems like it should have been since I think World of Illusion Beta is meant to be released next friday

ErtaiClou
Jan 30, 2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah the rappies replacing the komazil on Habiro stage makes for a sweet gig but having the debrelans spawning is rather annoying when they bil-de-death-roll combined with turret.