PDA

View Full Version : AotI Crash/freeze on stage 7 bonus mission

kissablepimp
Jan 23, 2009, 08:34 PM
Me and a friend was running it and when we got to stage seven and right while we were in middle of completing it are screen froze up has this ever happened to anyone or was it are luck?

Itachi1990
Jan 23, 2009, 08:35 PM
The rest of the stages wernt realesed yet...

kissablepimp
Jan 23, 2009, 08:39 PM
The rest of the stages wernt realesed yet...

they released up to ten and I said in middle of stage seven we froze up.

Shinji Kazuya
Jan 23, 2009, 09:08 PM
We on the PC side are getting crashed in Stage 7. I just got and 2 times in a row.
We realy do get damn good events... -_-

STRANG
Jan 23, 2009, 09:37 PM
yea it crashed on stage 7 on the 360 side also. just once and it froze everyones xboxes. Every othrer time was fine all the way through.(except for the carriguine:()

Shinji Kazuya
Jan 23, 2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah i just got to Stage 9 myself.
Guess it doesn't happen everytime.

Nobo
Jan 23, 2009, 10:00 PM
It's happened to me twice what should I do?

The last 2 times I've done it, its frozed right during the middle but my other friends in the party didn't freeze just me I'm going to try saving PSU to my xbox see how that works...

DownTown
Jan 23, 2009, 10:48 PM
Just froze up on me twice in a row in stage 7,I'm on 360.

obscurejenko
Jan 23, 2009, 11:12 PM
its happened to me a few times today... kinda sucks letting 6 zonspheres go to waste

Arika
Jan 23, 2009, 11:36 PM
so there is 50:50 chance to crash at stage 7?

Zarode
Jan 24, 2009, 12:00 AM
99:1 percent chance.

desturel
Jan 24, 2009, 02:49 AM
Me and a friend was running it and when we got to stage seven and right while we were in middle of completing it are screen froze up has this ever happened to anyone or was it are luck?

Delete PSU from your hard drive and play from the disc. That's resolved the freezing for me at least. I'll reinstall PSU to the hard drive after the event is over. Too bad too, since I just got use to how quiet the console is without the drive spinning.

Arika
Jan 24, 2009, 02:58 AM
such a waste tickets when this happened,

Delete PSU from your hard drive and play from the disc. That's resolved the freezing for me at least. I'll reinstall PSU to the hard drive after the event is over. Too bad too, since I just got use to how quite the console is without the drive spinning. so is there anyway else to fix this other than this? because I m on PC and I have this problem also, in PC you have no option to boot from disk alone.

also, is there anything in common between people who has this problem? because it seem I get this problem everytimes.

fay
Jan 24, 2009, 04:58 AM
it happened to me aswell. we finished the round. i saw a button and wanted to know what it done so i stood on it, bzzzzzzz. crashed.

i dont like that button!

i really can smell the rollllllllllllllllllllllllllback

The Overlord
Jan 24, 2009, 05:52 AM
This has just happend to me for the 2nd time today so i'm just gonna stop doing this run.

*edit* Both times it happend I was on the button.

iTrYHarD
Jan 24, 2009, 09:57 AM
if stage 7 is the stage with the two buttons to hold down the ice traps then yes my xbox freezes on that too.....

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 24, 2009, 10:10 AM
(360) I've done the bonus mission about 5 times....so far when i got to stage 7 nothing happened going to 8.

I'm not sure if its both xbox 360 or PS2/PC but if you keep repeatively crashing i'd highly reccomend not to mess with the mission until they can see why its doing that and fix it.

As for the rollback.....I dont think they will do one for this seeing that it doesnt affect characters directly(Character stats,weapons,stuff missing,etc)

However I could be wrong....I'm not a programmer. Some things can be fix w/o rollbacks.....or something the average person can relate to. Using system restore on your computer when your having some problems.

system Restore=rollback...........kinda

Arika
Jan 24, 2009, 10:23 AM
However I could be wrong....I'm not a programmer. Some things can be fix w/o rollbacks.....or something the average person can relate to. Using system restore on your computer when your having some problems.

system Restore=rollback...........kinda

No no, usually they rollback just to prevent people from using glitch as advantage such as the test mission.
most of the time they can fix without rollback, but yeah, there are some that need system restore too, (think of the server as a very big hard disk)

Danny_Dark
Jan 24, 2009, 10:30 AM
...Freeze...2 Times in a Row...

SJW89
Jan 24, 2009, 11:11 AM
Okay, it's NEVER happened to me, and why would they need to rollback? That's an overused, retarded joke.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 24, 2009, 11:25 AM
Haven't had any issues with it crashing/freezing thus far. There has been a HUGE increase in server population, from my last count the other day we had a total of 5.25 full universes spread across. That's a huge increase from the barely 2 we normally see on the 360 side.

Chris28
Jan 24, 2009, 11:31 AM
on a different note, we had a group of 4 and we had just finished stage 3. When I hit the OK for all of us to move to stage 4, only 3 of us went and one person was left in stage 3. He was able to move around and everything but it never took him to stage 4. We all died by stage 6, but he was still in stage 3 sitting around. He left the party and we ended up getting an A rank for how far we got.

Svaltus
Jan 24, 2009, 11:59 AM
Stage 7 normal here! i hope continue without problems!

But if in any my next runs something happen in stage7(freeze) i will report here!

SJW89
Jan 24, 2009, 12:41 PM
Haven't had any issues with it crashing/freezing thus far. There has been a HUGE increase in server population, from my last count the other day we had a total of 5.25 full universes spread across. That's a huge increase from the barely 2 we normally see on the 360 side.

Yesterday I saw every universe had 1 star full and 1-3 were full.

Svaltus
Jan 24, 2009, 12:54 PM
omg happen to me now!

Freezing all menbers my party in 15 minutes ago! dammit!dammit!dammit!

Somebody report for GMs this! I Sense rollback is coming! :(

SJW89
Jan 24, 2009, 01:03 PM
There will be no fucking rollback... There is no reason for one. Nothing has been fouled or lost.

Anon_Fire
Jan 24, 2009, 01:12 PM
Has this been happening on the PS2 version?

Svaltus
Jan 24, 2009, 01:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/RYOJIMBO/bugstage7.jpg

Sazan
Jan 24, 2009, 01:34 PM
Exact this freeze-bug happened on the Japanese PS2 version several months ago. Seems they couldn't fix it...

Zarode
Jan 24, 2009, 02:24 PM
retrotracción

Celi-Ka
Jan 24, 2009, 02:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/RYOJIMBO/bugstage7.jpg

I got this as well just as we finished doing Stage 7. Save your tickets, folks. At least, if you're playing on PC/PS2.

afterthoughtz
Jan 24, 2009, 04:36 PM
I soloed alot but i'm not gonna run it, anytime i do 2 of the runs in the charred Puzzle mission i completely freeze:(

Svaltus
Jan 25, 2009, 12:02 PM
Find Solution for problem!

In Stage7 for no freeze game, stand up in red boton and DONT MOVE until stage clear and somebody push switch for go next stage! After this you can move!

I make this 3 times and work well and game dont freeze!

Thanks for my friend Starlicer for talk me about this! :)

ashley50
Jan 25, 2009, 12:07 PM
never had this problem...not even once. And we didn't even do that button thingie...

DownTown
Jan 25, 2009, 02:11 PM
OK,this is like the fifth time it has froze up doing the bonus mission on stage 7.Glitch,bug,or should i just thank sega for the event and be happy?

Golto
Jan 25, 2009, 02:49 PM
It happens on pc/ps2 too. I say just thank ST for getting this event out of the way and get on with our updates.

Alnet
Jan 25, 2009, 03:01 PM
I keep hearing of this problem, but I've never seen it myself. Honestly, the only problem I've ever had was in Floor 9.

KAPLOWY. :wacko:

hewitt
Jan 25, 2009, 07:15 PM
I'd say about 70:30.

Smidge204
Jan 25, 2009, 07:31 PM
It hasn't happened to me personally, but it has happened to members of my party. What sucks is you suddenly realize you're alone...

The problem seems to be related to the buttons somehow, given the one time I actually SAW it happen plus what people here say. Although I've used the button to the right (when facing the starting switch) I've seen it happen to someone trying to use the button to the left.

Try not using the button to the left (to the left and behind you when facing the switch).
=Smidge=

red1228
Jan 26, 2009, 12:52 AM
Has this been happening on the PS2 version?

Me, Orius and two of his buddies tried this bonus mission three times in a row. On all three times, both me (ps2) and Orius (PC) got the freeze.

GaNksTa
Jan 26, 2009, 12:57 AM
I just got it a couple minutes ago for the first time... talk about a mood killer.

No one had even died yet..

Arika
Jan 26, 2009, 01:18 AM
THis bug trap is more dangerous than any other traps on all the stage :o

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 26, 2009, 05:38 AM
Happened back in JP version like almost a year ago.
But hey if it ain't broken, don't fix it?
waitaminnit!

desturel
Jan 26, 2009, 08:09 AM
Happened back in JP version like almost a year ago.
But hey if it ain't broken, don't fix it?
waitaminnit!

You do realize that's probably why the delayed the Mission Carnival to us for almost a year right? I'm more amazed that they weren't able to fix it in all of that time.

Akaimizu
Jan 26, 2009, 08:48 AM
I heard about this freeze, myself. However, I never played far enough in the bonus mission to see the freeze, yet.

I did have another case where I was stuck, but it wasn't related to the freeze. More like a case where I casted Nozdiga and was stuck holding the wand out. No weapon switches or movement was possible at the time. I could still access menus, but the only way to get unstuck was to kick myself out of the party. Still, a strange occurrence.

Arcturus_
Jan 26, 2009, 09:31 AM
You do realize that's probably why the delayed the Mission Carnival to us for almost a year right? I'm more amazed that they weren't able to fix it in all of that time.

...or remove the traps/buttons from that particular stage.

Calsetes
Jan 26, 2009, 09:40 AM
Wow, really happy I'm most likely not going to try the bonus stage at all during this mission. I know I'd be pretty upset if I wasted Zonspheres on tickets for this only to have it lock up, boot me, and the people I'm running it with (because they're most likely not my friends and are "haha sux2bu" 12-year-olds) wouldn't give me one thing out of any clear boxes.

I'll stick to the huge amounts of XP from the mission and getting a Falclaw or two, maybe even an Electro Heart.

Powder Keg
Jan 26, 2009, 11:15 AM
I'll stick to the huge amounts of XP from the mission and getting a Falclaw or two, maybe even an Electro Heart.

Ah...I'm thinking the same. I haven't tried the bonus mission yet, but I'd be pissed if it froze. Hopefully they fix it, I at least want a few items from it...

fay
Jan 26, 2009, 11:29 AM
done the mission 6 times - froze 3. everytime it froze someone was on the button.
simple dont stand on the button and no freeze. worked everytime for me

Calsetes
Jan 26, 2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, it would be nice if I knew I'd get something out of it, but I'm going to play it safe until I get a bunch of spheres before I try it (like, 3 stacks' worth). All I saw from a quick glance at it that I'd want is a Repca though, didn't really see any amazing armor, sabers, or twin sabers in it, and I'd be happy with a Rattlesnake and a Shigga Baret from spamming Magas 300 times during this event.

DAMASCUS
Jan 26, 2009, 12:27 PM
done the mission 6 times - froze 3. everytime it froze someone was on the button.

How much more difficult is it not to use those buttons at all? The bad thing about any of these buttons, in general, is that you are just a sitting duck...

Svaltus
Jan 26, 2009, 03:46 PM

I played 7 times yesterday and freeze 0 times and ever i stand button ON everytime in stage7 and i dont move until take stage8!

If this work well to me i think for anothers players too no fail!

Now if somebody wanna take button OFF i dont care!

For me this problem stage7 bonus mission is solve! :)

I dont take worried more about stage7! :P