PDA

View Full Version : So instead of box booting it's boss booting now?

Karazykid
Jan 24, 2009, 12:50 AM
Segac finally fixed the boss box booting so the greedy little punks can't kick everyone out to get the goods for themselves, but now I've played a few games where the guy will wait til the boss takes a good amount of damage then start kicking people before it dies.

It's still just as bad as the box booting, but now we don't even get the PA frags or MP out of it. Couldn't they just do it so as soon as you're in the boss or last room you can't boot anyone?

LuigiMario
Jan 24, 2009, 01:18 AM
They should also disable joining while boss is being fought to support this or while boss door is open.

RemiusTA
Jan 24, 2009, 01:47 AM
Segac finally fixed the boss box booting so the greedy little punks can't kick everyone out to get the goods for themselves, but now I've played a few games where the guy will wait til the boss takes a good amount of damage then start kicking people before it dies.

It's still just as bad as the box booting, but now we don't even get the PA frags or MP out of it. Couldn't they just do it so as soon as you're in the boss or last room you can't boot anyone?

HAAHAHAH

Oh man, thats so dirty its actually really funny. Pathetic that we have people like that on this game.

Karazykid
Jan 24, 2009, 01:49 AM
They should also disable joining while boss is being fought to support this or while boss door is open.

They have. You can set room passwords any time you want.

Zarode
Jan 24, 2009, 02:04 AM
They should just add game booting. As in, you boot the person from the servers, steal their credit card, and it makes you a nice drink.

We'll call it "Getting Even."

beatrixkiddo
Jan 24, 2009, 02:04 AM

O dang dats messed up homie.

ShuttleXpC
Jan 24, 2009, 02:11 AM
They should have boot for sure, but the players in the game have to vote for it. Not one Nazi who thinks he is god's gift to PS. Every problem would be solved unless you had multiple people plotting against you to get you out of the game. I play with my NPC and PM almost all the time, so if they are voting against me I know something is wrong.

Xaeris
Jan 24, 2009, 02:14 AM
I can't imagine the kind of pitiful wretch that would go to such effort just to avoid sharing.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 24, 2009, 02:17 AM
It's pretty easy. Just imagine a typical middle school student.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 24, 2009, 02:27 AM

lol nice

jayster
Jan 24, 2009, 03:06 AM
I think they should just remove the option to boot when a checkpoint in the mission is reached. Like the last block or something.

Follisimo
Jan 24, 2009, 03:25 AM
I think they should just remove the option to boot when a checkpoint in the mission is reached. Like the last block or something.

I couldn't agree more with that idea. Kinda make it once you are Block 2 and the marker is activated you can't boot anyone nor can they join.

Karazykid
Jan 24, 2009, 04:04 AM

That would be great. By then you at least know the people you're playing with and know they're not disruptive or anything so there wouldn't be a reason to boot em, it'd stop these immature little punks, and it'd stop the people from jumping in at the last minute in hopes of boss rares.

Genoa
Jan 24, 2009, 04:45 AM
In Left 4 Dead, you vote to kick a player.
It seemed pretty fair for the most part, at least, way more fair than how PSU does it in comparison.

ChronoTrigga
Jan 24, 2009, 05:58 AM
Don't worry about it, just compile a list of people who do this so you know who you shouldn't play with, and what platform they are playing on.

Lind Lawliet
Jan 24, 2009, 06:44 AM
Don't worry about it, just compile a list of people who do this so you know who you shouldn't play with, and what platform they are playing on.

How could you trust the person's word though?
Maybe you've played with that person before, and they were extremely nice, etc?
Not to mention, what if you put someone on the list just because you have something against them?
I know there's people immature enough to do that.

darkante
Jan 24, 2009, 06:54 AM
Yeah, agreed. Booting should be disabled during the duration you get into the boss fight and after.

I havenīt come up with these kind of crappy players, but i feel your pain. :P

Pillar
Jan 24, 2009, 07:11 AM
Booting during any mission at any time should be disabled. If someone strays to a room alone and gets a drop like a Psycho Wand or a Repca, or even a rare mat they might need, they also boot people for that. You should only be allowed to boot people while you are not in mission. This way you are robbing noone of MP, EXP, Items, Meseta, PA EXP, etc. And if you want someone to leave, and they won't, all you have to do, is abandon, boot, restart, OR finish current mission, then boot. This would solve most of the problems with greedy people booting.

The only thing i can think of that would still be affected by the greed would be booting for rare mission.

HienkyakuX
Jan 24, 2009, 09:40 AM
How about an update that makes it that "if the party leader tries to boot more than 1 person in less than a min he gets kick instead + the actual fix"

amtalx
Jan 24, 2009, 10:28 AM
There are always going to be assholes about. We locks tons of doors to attempt to force them into decent behavior, but locks worth both ways. The best option we have is just to try and avoid them. :/ Oddly enough, I've never been booted for boss boxes.

MadDogg
Jan 24, 2009, 12:04 PM
I've also never been booted at boss boxes, and I've been playing PSU since the day it came out. Well I don't know how it is on the PS2/PC version, but on the 360 you can sort of tell who's and asshole by the game name or comment section. Like if the comments say "lv100 on up only, no *insert class here*, or MUST HAVE MIC, nine times out of ten the leaders an asshat. Now If the comments say, "Join up, or a game with a buncha =), ^.^, or has a goofy comment or team name, then the leader is most likely cool as hell, or they are just chillin and don't really care what you do, going by that I never really get booted, either that or I'm just lucky.

Seority
Jan 24, 2009, 12:10 PM
I don't vote for vote booting.
It's the leaders party, he has the say.
I'm sorry to hear that this is still happening for some reason, but if anything, put that guy on your BL once he walks out or just keep his name in your head and never play with him. Also, notify your friends about it as well. The community is small enough were your rep. does matter.
I think the way to fix this is to close the "boot" option after the boss portal is opened. (Meaning everyone is in it, or someone has activated it.)

Zorafim
Jan 24, 2009, 05:42 PM
This is just pathetic. A game this easy, and people are still looking for ways to cheat? Why not just solo the mission if you want all the drops?

darkante
Jan 24, 2009, 05:55 PM
This is just pathetic. A game this easy, and people are still looking for ways to cheat? Why not just solo the mission if you want all the drops?

Booting is a powerful thang without it they would feel like little baby bitches.

bp_shoruko
Jan 24, 2009, 06:05 PM
The patch didn't fix a thing. How did I know...?

buzyb77
Jan 24, 2009, 06:06 PM

maybe it just you... Garbage farming.... I booted a guy last night while helping a friend lvl because he was Running ahead ( told him to stop ).... and I booted another last night for walking in mission and Picking up EVERYthing....From berries to Kersline....in 4 min that he was ( I told him to stop 5x ) there My inventory went from 20 free slots to being skipped for a Hot berry..... I also booted anothe guy for spaming crap all thouout the boss battle.

SStrikerR
Jan 24, 2009, 07:26 PM

Keyword being typical. *cough*

The_Brimada
Jan 24, 2009, 08:44 PM
It happens. Blacklisting exists for a reason though.

Cathbar
Jan 24, 2009, 10:17 PM
*sigh*

I totally predicted this...

Gibdozer
Jan 25, 2009, 12:41 AM
yeah u can eliminate the option to boot after the boss portal activates, but then they will boot at the end of the last block. Let it be u take a chance playing any party u don't lead, and you assume the power and responsibilty when you do. It balances out quit complaining.

Syanaide
Jan 25, 2009, 12:53 AM
Personally out of the few times in the past when I've booted it's always been at boss. I wouldn't have minded being booted at boxes so I could have at least gotten the MP. Even less incentive to play with randoms now.

jobber
Jan 25, 2009, 02:11 AM
booting is 1 reason i gave up on trying anything with people online. MAG p1 was the final straw.
I didn't attempt to play the Parum GBR because I had 0% (instant boot)
and since I didn't log on Friday morning when the servers came back on for the Carnival, I'm pretty much left out in the dark because no one wants a "newb" on their run (I got booted 3 different times the past 2 days because I never ran the missions before)
screw it

I can beat Magas on my own in less than 3 minutes on DG.

Silvx
Jan 25, 2009, 03:29 AM
I had someone end the mission on Stage 2 because they died in Stage 1 and wanted XP. So yeah, wasted Tickets yay~

jayster
Jan 25, 2009, 03:33 AM
I had someone end the mission on Stage 2 because they died in Stage 1 and wanted XP. So yeah, wasted Tickets yay~

that is why I always host my bonus mission parties and only invite higher level players. And when I die, I let the people left alive decide if they want to continue or not, it's only fair.

Jasam
Jan 25, 2009, 12:48 PM
Oh joy, if there are newb kicks already... I won't be playing till Monday and all my usual friends are unable to connect for the next month or so X_X