PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Boutique Recruitment

Atax
Feb 9, 2003, 09:33 AM
Got an interview with a local EB in less than 48 hours, for the position of Store Accosiate.

Would anyone who is a member here and works at Eb, be able to tell me the kind of questions they ask during interviews, and what skills/personalities/attitudes the recruiters/eployers look for?

Thankx.

As for the poll, the question is "Does one with no retail experience, but has a huge amount of gaming experience and knowledge and is a good team worker, have any chance of getting hired by EB?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2003-02-09 06:35 ]</font>

RavenTW
Feb 9, 2003, 02:45 PM
If your a shut-in that surfs the net about nothing but games, you'll be fine.

I am dead srious, the guys at my EB are freaks that don't get out too much. They know pretty much everything about games though.

As for questions, they'll probably ask about why you like games, where you see yourself within a set period of time, stuff like that.

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 9, 2003, 09:45 PM
While speaking from my two weeks of work at EB...the most important skill you need is social ability. All the EBs I know work solely on comission. Meaning, if you aren't prepared to chat folks up and eventually into buying something...do what i did and jump ship to gamestop inc.

Abaddon
Feb 9, 2003, 10:43 PM
I'd have to agree with Deli on that one, interpersonal skills are a biggie. Even though i don't work at EB i do frequent the store, and often the storepersons will approach customers and try to find what they're looking for.

If your vast knowledge and love for games is coupled with a friendly disposition, you have a winner Atax http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. if you get the job tell me, i'll come buy from you ^_^