PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 New to online

Vyr
Jan 24, 2009, 09:57 PM
I just got AOTI and bought some online time, but it looks like a ghost town. I've seen only a few people and none of them talked. Does anyone still play this?

I'm only level 4 right now, and can't even finish the first mission online. I've played offline up till 25, but online story mode seems at least twice as hard for some reason.

Shinji Kazuya
Jan 24, 2009, 10:04 PM
Everyone is at the Event Area in Clyez City 3rd floor playing in the event right now.

Vyr
Jan 24, 2009, 10:09 PM
Is there a way to change to solo mode like in PSO:BB? Or am I just crazy in thinking things are harder online than offline?

Shinji Kazuya
Jan 24, 2009, 10:13 PM
I dunno what you mean by changing to solo mode and yes, it's harder than offline.

RemiusTA
Jan 24, 2009, 10:13 PM
Is there a way to change to solo mode like in PSO:BB? Or am I just crazy in thinking things are harder online than offline?

No, they didnt add a system that changes enemy level depending on the amount of characters in the room. So yes, missions are FAR harder online than off.

Vyr
Jan 24, 2009, 10:17 PM
No, they didnt add a system that changes enemy level depending on the amount of characters in the room. So yes, missions are FAR harder online than off.

Any tips for a newb just starting out then? There doesn't seem to be many low levels around so I would probably end up having to solo most of the story mode missions.

xXJoshXx
Jan 24, 2009, 10:20 PM
Any tips for a newb just starting out then? There doesn't seem to be many low levels around so I would probably end up having to solo most of the story mode missions.

hey want to meet me or something i could help you out a bit

Shinji Kazuya
Jan 24, 2009, 10:25 PM
I don't think you can do story missions with other players. You should try the event, theres some C rank and B rank parties and B rank requires only lvl 25. The event missions have high experience, you should get a lot of lvls in there quick.

ChibiBecca
Jan 24, 2009, 10:26 PM
story mode missions are done solo anyway. :)

try playing in universe two, that's the most popular~

RemiusTA
Jan 24, 2009, 10:27 PM

...Wow, i'd like to say "yes", but I really dont remember. Basically, its kind of how IGN puts it: "play together or die alone."

Try to play the lower, 1'st tier missions, and stay on either the Guardian's colony or Parum. Neudaiz has enemies that like to spam technics (which is potentially devestating), and Moatoob most of the time is just like going to war.

Also, steer clear of most of the AotI missions, as they aren't very friendly to noobs.

Upgrade your linesheilds often, and find a weapon that you enjoy and get a decent Photon Art. The quicker you get one to Lv11, the easier your life will be. If your a Hunter then you should be fine with just some regular PA's, but if your a Force, you definately need to get either Foie, a Ra- spell, or Dambarta, and get it started towards Lv.11. Everytime you get a technic to Lv.11, 8 bricks are lifted off your force. :)

Dont have much advice for Rangers, though. Dont have one, never played one.

Vyr
Jan 24, 2009, 10:35 PM
I don't think you can do story missions with other players. You should try the event, theres some C rank and B rank parties and B rank requires only lvl 25. The event missions have high experience, you should get a lot of lvls in there quick.

I was going to do that, but didn't want to be a burden since I was such a low level.

Also, steer clear of most of the AotI missions, as they aren't very friendly to noobs.

I noticed. I once got frozen from the things that cast ice and went from 100% life to 0% before Laia even tried to kill them.

hey want to meet me or something i could help you out a bit

Sure, my character name is Vyr, ID# is 20050171.

story mode missions are done solo anyway.

I guess I will come back to those after I get a few levels then.

xXJoshXx
Jan 24, 2009, 10:40 PM
ok go to one of the orange sphere thing and go to 10: draco then go to clyez city 4th floor that good

Vyr
Jan 24, 2009, 10:46 PM
ok go to one of the orange sphere thing and go to 10: draco then go to clyez city 4th floor that good

Yeah, that's fine. Let me die in this mission first so I can get back to the station.

ChibiBecca
Jan 24, 2009, 10:48 PM
just cancel the mission, no need to die. :p cancelling the mission will send you right back to the lobby.

i know this might be a silly question, but have you done the tutorial yet?

autumn
Jan 24, 2009, 10:48 PM
Being low level isn't a burden if you are running low level mission ^_^ There are a lot of new people running the event and a number of older players leveling up alternate characters so it shouldn't be too hard to find an event mission party. The EXP payout is quite nice, it was a good time to start. Welcome to PSU, I hope you enjoy it!

RagolianHunter
Jan 24, 2009, 10:49 PM
Hey play the game if you like it.

If not don't.

But back to "on topic" yes.

There are many of us that enjoy the game on the PC/PS2 side.

You just have to find the "hot spot"

Well if you can locate me, I would be more than happy to get you going with some items or cash.

Don't follow the wagon enjoy what is enjoyable to YOU.

Vyr
Jan 24, 2009, 11:04 PM
i know this might be a silly question, but have you done the tutorial yet?

I did the offline one, is the online one different?

Being low level isn't a burden if you are running low level mission ^_^ There are a lot of new people running the event and a number of older players leveling up alternate characters so it shouldn't be too hard to find an event mission party. The EXP payout is quite nice, it was a good time to start. Welcome to PSU, I hope you enjoy it!

Yeah, hopefully I can find a solid group to help me get started. I should have no problem doing things myself once I get started.