PDA

View Full Version : AotI Has anyone tried this for getting SUV/Nano on the Bonus?

kyle21
Jan 26, 2009, 02:58 PM
At the beginning of the stage leave one of the weaker enemies alive (pannon/sageeta whatever they're called) and letting it hit your cast/beast while a techer heals you until you get the SUV/Nano. This seems like it would be pretty easy... would be great for stages 9&10.

All of my teams seem to get owned by a Carriguine, I've only seen stage 10 one time.

Oh and another question I had about the bonus is does the 'die and your out' thing apply to the boss fights? & Does double damage apply to boss?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 26, 2009, 03:28 PM
Not a bad idea but i wouldnt see the point of it. Most thing in 9,10 can one shot you anyway......so.......wouldnt really help all that much
So far i've never got my SUV full in a state since they die to fast.....either that or im running from something most of the time.....like carriguines XD

WhiteKnight01
Jan 26, 2009, 03:43 PM
if you use that grenade gun ps that takes away hp does that charge ur suv?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 26, 2009, 03:46 PM
Not sure.....plus......in the bonus mission/.....if you use a PA or item that takes away health your asking to die.......

Grenades are so slow to use.....easy target
Thats im looking like "o_0" when i see people use megistride there.....(unless there an acrotecher in the party)

IMO the bonus mission in general isnt hard you just have to know what to do and where to do it.
The only thing i have problem with is when the Kamatoze/Zamvapas /carriguine double hits u(which in reality i dont think it suppose to happened) but i could be wrong.....
anywho.....when i get hit be the carriguine(when he charges) I dont even die from when he hits me.....but for some reason i get hit a second time after he already hit me o.o

kyle21
Jan 26, 2009, 04:25 PM
So your telling me that having 2-3 people with invincible Nano wouldn't help against carriguines or svaltus?? you crazy?

I think it's a great idea, just too bad I don't have a beast or a cast >_<

And yeah I think that grenade PA charges your SUV, but not by a whole lot.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 26, 2009, 04:29 PM
So your telling me that having 2-3 people with invincible Nano wouldn't help against carriguines or svaltus?? you crazy?

I think it's a great idea, just too bad I don't have a beast or a cast >_<

And yeah I think that grenade PA charges your SUV, but not by a whole lot.

Thats not what im saying.

The outcome is great but how to do it would it b difficult. It can be done but the chance of pulling it off each time would be hard. Ok lets say the techer dies....which happening is quite likely in those stages.....You plan automatically failed right there. From what people tell me teching is a big no no and for those who actaully do it(normally acrotechers) Say they normally die in one hit by the carriguines or svaltus.

As far as your boss question....im pretty sure the same principle applies there too. But only those who played this event on the Japan server could tell us that.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 26, 2009, 04:31 PM
boma duranga charges your suv by the damage done, like every attack in the game. the reflected damage to you doesn't charge your suv though.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 26, 2009, 04:32 PM
boma duranga charges your suv by the damage done, like every attack in the game. the reflected damage to you doesn't charge your suv though.

Well that solves that but even ...using a grenade there is suicide ^^;

kyle21
Jan 26, 2009, 05:02 PM
Ok, so you can use items to heal..? The bonus is actually really easy up until stage 8 IMO, a techer shouldn't have much trouble staying alive with 3 gunners up to that point. After that they can just run around, they don't have to do any work once everyone is charged up.

mvffin
Jan 26, 2009, 07:57 PM
I finished the carriguine stage by myself with that trick, its great. Let one little ninjaslug beat up on me until my bar was full, and then I killed 2 of the 3 buffed carriguines with my invincible nano; the other one ran away. >_>

Spartan Law
Jan 26, 2009, 09:36 PM
I posted this plot in the gathering intel thread a few days ago. It works great in the carriguine room. My AT friend keeps me healed whilst 1 galdeen gets my invinci up it makes that level significantly easier. Also, anyone that dies before stage 8 wasn't paying enough attention or was doing something silly. If you die on 8 for any other reason than a Delnadian jumping on you then see prior reason. Stage 9 and 10 though are a different kettle of fish. :-)

I reckon me and my party have got the system planned out though to get 4 people to boss (when we get it) and pray we all stay alive to get good rares :D

Beta is going to be a much more painful run than Alpha though so anyone having trouble on this is going to get zomgprwnd on that one :D

Delete
Jan 26, 2009, 09:56 PM
Thing is, no one wants to wait 10 minutes while you get your suv up, lol. Or beast, they just like getting owned by carriguines.

-Morgan-
Jan 27, 2009, 02:02 AM
ive never needed either to complete it with a human AF my eva does all the work

DAMASCUS
Jan 27, 2009, 02:37 AM
It was annoying to do but it was our first time making it that far and we wanted that edge. Carriguine = scary.

The svaltus actually seemed easy since they don't charge and their stun shot is easier to dodge.

OldCoot
Jan 27, 2009, 12:13 PM
Thats not what im saying.

The outcome is great but how to do it would it b difficult. It can be done but the chance of pulling it off each time would be hard. Ok lets say the techer dies....which happening is quite likely in those stages.....You plan automatically failed right there. From what people tell me teching is a big no no and for those who actaully do it(normally acrotechers) Say they normally die in one hit by the carriguines or svaltus.

As far as your boss question....im pretty sure the same principle applies there too. But only those who played this event on the Japan server could tell us that.

I played on my Fortetecher yesterday with two friends on their Gunmasters CASTs. They both used one of the little guys to hit them until they were fully charged. Once we got to the last part with the 3 big guys, they both fired off their SUVs and I used Foie. Bring plenty of mates to keep healed.

I noticed as another poster stated that your evasion really helps. Blocked 2 out of 4 hits from the big guys.

It seems to me that just about any class can do this full run, but you just have to be careful and use a decent line shield and or with SUVs and Nanos.

MooCowPirate
Jan 27, 2009, 02:54 PM
I've done 1-10 solo 3 times already. Sometimes I just flat out get unlucky and lag, then get killed. What I did was use a beefed up Germinus Guc, Lumirus/Kaos Knight, and of course the right armor for the stage and just blew through 1-7 like it was nothing. I had to run around a bit on 8, but it wasn't too terrible (note, I switch to Guntecher when I solo the bonus mission, so I can buff, and heal myself). The nano blast, SUV trick worked wonders for me in 9-10 when I had to take out the groups of 3 carriguine, and Svaltus / Lutus.

Soljah
Jan 28, 2009, 02:22 AM
The trick works wonders on stage 8-9. Im not too sure you want to do it against the rappy polecs on stage 10 because they do some serious damage and the traps can hurt too. Some classes Paradi will not kill the carriguines in one shot so be carefule who gets it. On another note, if you solo it, you will get your suv on the later stages 8-10 just through normal damage given/taken. I just soloed it for the first time today with my 150 cast FM 20. It was intense, but like ive posted on the intel thread, Tornado Dance lvl 50 is the answer with the right weapon/armor/buffs.

DuoXV
Jan 29, 2009, 12:39 PM
the whole point in doin that is preaty stupid cuze even if you get it on 1 stage you cant use it on another. it resets for every stage.

MooCowPirate
Jan 29, 2009, 12:47 PM
the whole point in doin that is preaty stupid cuze even if you get it on 1 stage you cant use it on another. it resets for every stage.

I think you've misunderstood. We know it doesn't carry over, but we leave some monsters alive so that they hit us enough so we can use it in tight situations, on that particular map we're currently on.

Nicodareus
Jan 29, 2009, 06:56 PM
Well that solves that but even ...using a grenade there is suicide ^^;

So keeping the carriguines on their backs the entire time is suicide?