PDA

View Full Version : room with poltys in the event mission is amazing

BioWarrior
Jan 27, 2009, 08:04 PM
As everyone knows there's a small room with fire poltys that last a long while. I discovered I can get to it solo in about 8 minutes on S just going through shock staff only. It's nice cause I've been getting about 1 level a run on absolute dance (now lvl30) and around 4-7 zonspheres a run. Only takes about 16-18 minutes total

jmm22msu
Jan 27, 2009, 08:05 PM
yes Ive been doing the exact thing and have raised my laser pas about 30 levels

BioWarrior
Jan 27, 2009, 08:09 PM
It's like that rooms whole purpose is for us to level annoying pa's like laser cannons absolute dance and jabroga levels like a friggin beast there oh god

Kumlekar
Jan 27, 2009, 08:10 PM
Thats about the only thing I'm doing with this event until the other stages come out.

ChibiBecca
Jan 27, 2009, 08:10 PM
i've been using it to level my attach techs, it's brilliant. ^.^

ashley50
Jan 27, 2009, 08:11 PM
What a GREAT Discovery :o

buzyb77
Jan 27, 2009, 08:11 PM
As everyone knows there's a small room with fire poltys that last a long while. I discovered I can get to it solo in about 8 minutes on S just going through shock staff only. It's nice cause I've been getting about 1 level a run on absolute dance (now lvl30) and around 4-7 zonspheres a run. Only takes about 16-18 minutes total

*Bangs head on desk*

um stop dreaming about white dragon and Picking up junk and maybe you would have seen it on your 1st run like 90% of the rest of the players.....

also did you know that the codes on the gates draw pictures... and you can get boss mobs...

Sigh...

Morpheo
Jan 27, 2009, 08:16 PM
*Bangs head on desk*

um stop dreaming about white dragon and Picking up junk and maybe you would have seen it on your 1st run like 90% of the rest of the players.....

also did you know that the codes on the gates draw pictures... and you can get boss mobs...

Sigh...

thank you, this thread has run its course

Ryno
Jan 27, 2009, 09:04 PM

I don't mind if it takes long. it's leveling my PA's. i'm glad it's that long becuase it leveled my spells quick! it's just like soloing and spamming your PA's to get it to cap.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 27, 2009, 09:14 PM
What a GREAT Discovery :o
I know we dont know each other in the game(1.bcuz i think ur on the PC/PS2 server) but u r the most sarcastic person i know on here XD

BioWarrior
Jan 27, 2009, 10:33 PM
To the smartasses I know people knew about it. Just felt like discussing something new cause I was bored at work on lunch and the board was dead~

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 27, 2009, 10:58 PM
Please die. Please.

Also, it's quite amazing for leveling cannon PAs.

Now i bet if he really died u would feel sad wouldnt ya?

speaking of which did u tell ur friend i said hey?

XD

Smidge204
Jan 28, 2009, 06:54 AM

If you're interested in EXP and leveling PAs, the boss is not what you want anyway. There is more to shoot at in False Images.

Only reason to get S rank is if you need Zon spheres that badly, or need mission points that badly, or need the money that badly. Otherwise it's a waste of effort.
=Smidge=

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 08:12 AM
After I get to lv 20 Gunmaster I will solely concentrate on leveling my PA's via this method. I'm currently completing the 1AB Picture to get mission points, I've raised 6 Laser PA's from 1 to lv 21 and one from lv 21 to 29. I thought I'd never see the day of having lv 31+ laser PA's.

fay
Jan 28, 2009, 08:36 AM
If you're interested in EXP and leveling PAs, the boss is not what you want anyway. There is more to shoot at in False Images.

Only reason to get S rank is if you need Zon spheres that badly, or need mission points that badly, or need the money that badly. Otherwise it's a waste of effort.
=Smidge=

did someone mention white beast?

seriously though. thats why white beast spammers are white beast spammers.
even though seed express is actualy better in every way. oh well. i guess it will just take a bit of time for people to realise that it is in fact better

Cracka_J
Jan 28, 2009, 08:51 AM
yeah, same here.
silly jose went and leveled absolute dance before the polties, something I wasn't about to do. anyway, since event started, got absolute from 24>39. should be able to cap it off this weekend, then abuse the little suckers for jabroga leveling :D

even though I only need 9 levels on that pa, haha...should go a bit faster.

Smidge204
Jan 28, 2009, 08:55 AM
S ranking White Beast S2: 15,100 meseta, 257 MP

S ranking Charged Puzzle S: 27,000 meseta, 420 MP
A ranking Charged Puzzle S: 18,000 meseta, 280 MP
(Not to mention the increased EXP rates)

If you're still spamming White Beast for MP and money during this event, you're a certifiable moron. You can sleepwalk through Charged Puzzle S to an A-rank and come out ahead of the best White Beast has to offer.

SEED Express is actually NOT better than White Beast. At least not objectively:

S rank SEED Express S2: 15075 meseta, 256 MP

Though it's so close it's really a matter of personal preference. White Beast has better landscape for gunners, IMHO.
=Smidge=

DarkEliteRico
Jan 28, 2009, 10:22 AM
After I get to lv 20 Gunmaster I will solely concentrate on leveling my PA's via this method. I'm currently completing the 1AB Picture to get mission points, I've raised 6 Laser PA's from 1 to lv 21 and one from lv 21 to 29. I thought I'd never see the day of having lv 31+ laser PA's.
I was doing the same thing, but the entire mission and boss would run me about 15-18
minutes including boss. Not bad to farm for spheres as well considering on S you can get about 10-14 a run EASY

On another note only one elemental laser sub 31 now, 3 are 41 and up...god i really don't want to start using mayalee prism

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 10:29 AM
I was doing the same thing, but the entire mission and boss would run me about 15-18
minutes including boss. Not bad to farm for spheres as well considering on S you can get about 10-14 a run EASY

On another note only one elemental laser sub 31 now, 3 are 41 and up...god i really don't want to start using mayalee prism

I'm a gimped Gunmaster, I recently went from Fighgunner to Gunmaster, so all I had was lv 30 Twin Handgun Bullets. I had to start Rifles from scratch and I had 1 Laser at lv 21 and 1 Shotgun at lv 21. These little guys are helping tremendously... soon after I get all lasers to lv 31+ I will pack 2 extra rifles and try to get them all to lv 41+

JAFO22000
Jan 28, 2009, 10:51 AM
I know we dont know each other in the game(1.bcuz i think ur on the PC/PS2 server) but u r the most sarcastic person i know on here XD

Hmmmm...I have work to do!!!

Zorak000
Jan 28, 2009, 10:59 AM
even though seed express is actualy better in every way. oh well. i guess it will just take a bit of time for people to realise that it is in fact better
I dont think they ever will. back in the day Cost of Research was better than Crimson Beast for leveling <lv55 characters (and possibly still is better than most missions) but hardly anyone was ever over there. plus it had better drops (still the only free mission that you can find a [b] Mukgungruk)

Cracka_J
Jan 28, 2009, 11:01 AM
SEED Express is actually NOT better than White Beast. At least not objectively:

S rank SEED Express S2: 15075 meseta, 256 MP

You forgot time frame/drops though.
SE has 3, much much shorter levels, so you will obtain MP/EXP/MES at a faster rate. It also drops one of the best made armors, and a better armor board then WB has to offer. Top that with a good 11* rifle, 11*/12* lasers, and a shit ton of par walna for drops.

SE is the better overall mission. The community is filled with little girls (*no offense to the actual girls playing psu...these douchers give you a bad name) that think that a megid death lowers their rep, and piss their pants when they see MB without a diga user/gunnar in the party, so they all hightail it back to WB. You got a party of friends or competent players running SE, and it is by far the superior mission.

OldCoot
Jan 28, 2009, 12:29 PM
Glad the room is there. Time to level up those techs, bullets and skillls.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 28, 2009, 12:56 PM
Hmmmm...I have work to do!!!

OK #2 ^_^ *throws confetti* lol

that think that a megid death lowers their rep

the sad thing bout it is.....i actually know someone who is like that >.<

I prefer SE. I kinda like the level more then WB anyway...and for some reason i see delnadians way more then i see jaggos ^^;

Libram
Jan 28, 2009, 01:46 PM
I wonder how many people have noticed that the Polties have perfect accuracy, no evasion, and have so much stamina that nothing short of the stamina-bypassing traps and SUVs will inflict any SE? There's absolutely no need to worry about blocking any attack, you won't miss with anything you fire at them, and you won't need to worry about Burn, Virus, or Incapacitate killing your target before you've gotten the most out of your PA.

But I'm not entirely sure about the zero EVA. Has anyone tried leveling the Mechgun Frag PA there? Do you still see donuts when you shoot them in the face?

Vent
Jan 28, 2009, 02:18 PM
Now you mention it...that seems to be right. I never noticed it though. Since techs don't give 'donuts', I never noticed anything about their evasion either, if there's something to notice. And seems I can confirm that they've perfect accuracy; never have been able to block something from them as far as I remember.
Well I've definitely hurled megid at them and yeah they die, but not sure if it's the damage or instant kill.

I've got to agree that Seed Express is an awesome mission. Large spawns makes it a really fun mission to play. Minimum walking time, 2 different area's (train and metro) and not to mention a boss too. Could care less about the drops. :P

Tianna
Jan 28, 2009, 02:18 PM
Killer shot FTW....finally ^^

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2009, 02:22 PM
Good observations Libram. That combination seems to make them the most perfect levelling device in ages. It ensures that you can even use plenty of DOT SEs on them, without worry that the DoT will take away any more shots from you in order to kill them. Thus they're like an enemy perfect in numbers and stamina to ensure even you must shoot a dark bullet as many times as you would a Light bullet. The differences between fire and ice are only element damage reasons, not something as drastic as Fire doing the extra thousands of damage per tick.

And Hmm. I forgot about Killer shot. However, I have to relook at what possible advantage you get by levelling those bullets to 31+ or 41+. If they go downward in cost, by doing that, then yes, that would be very worth it.

stukasa
Jan 28, 2009, 02:42 PM
I wonder how many people have noticed that the Polties have perfect accuracy, no evasion, and have so much stamina that nothing short of the stamina-bypassing traps and SUVs will inflict any SE? There's absolutely no need to worry about blocking any attack, you won't miss with anything you fire at them, and you won't need to worry about Burn, Virus, or Incapacitate killing your target before you've gotten the most out of your PA.
I noticed their STA but not their ACC and EVA. I guess I was just too busy killing them to notice! :lol:

JAFO22000
Jan 28, 2009, 03:56 PM
Try to debuff them....

Xaeris
Jan 28, 2009, 05:41 PM
I wonder how many people have noticed that the Polties have perfect accuracy, no evasion, and have so much stamina that nothing short of the stamina-bypassing traps and SUVs will inflict any SE?

I noticed that. I went through about twenty Zoldeels before I did, but I did.

Libram
Jan 28, 2009, 05:50 PM
I noticed that. I went through about twenty Zoldeels before I did, but I did.

XD

Magus_84
Jan 28, 2009, 06:22 PM
But I'm not entirely sure about the zero EVA. Has anyone tried leveling the Mechgun Frag PA there? Do you still see donuts when you shoot them in the face?

Yeah, it's not zero EVA. It's fairly low, though. Mayalee Fury can hit them from the front around 1 in 4 shots. 41+ Zodial bumps that to 1-3. That's using a 150 AT with a Beam Vulcanic against the Polty Army in A.

Of course, that's with about two minutes of testing, so my numbers may be way off.

Still, their EVP is low enough that it's very easy to level PAs there.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2009, 01:14 PM
The polty place is so good, I've considered having them replaced as the new mascot animal of Phantasy Star. Well, except for the problem that they don't exist outside of PSU and PSP.

Darius_Drake
Jan 29, 2009, 02:03 PM
I did notice this as well. I leveled up my tornado break unbelievably fast there. Such a lovely spot.

Kylie
Jan 29, 2009, 02:10 PM
I like it too. The PA EXP bonus to come with MAG+ will be nice as well.

DAMASCUS
Jan 29, 2009, 02:26 PM
I'm so far behind on spell leveling with my techer...I'll just have make myself do this XD

Tianna
Jan 29, 2009, 02:31 PM
I tried it last night with killer shot. Full pallette of rifles with 1300-1700 pp on a level 150 female cast GM. recharged all rifles 9 times(around 3000 meseta each recharge) just to kill Polties in that one side area...lol (got my cati/pp bullet save out of storage last night and have ready for tonight's Polty abuse)

I gained just under a level on killer shot per run...mine was at level 26 already...so, say, 40+ runs to get near 50...easiest way I have found so far and this will make the bots sooooo much easier :D

dexter_safe
Jan 29, 2009, 02:37 PM
debuffs lvl just as good in seabed . and polty prolly only have perfect acc on S rank of the main event mission. i'm lvl my low lvl who is 69 atm and on A rank i block the fire polty attacks a fair bit =P thats a beast fortefighter aswell

rayner
Jan 29, 2009, 02:49 PM
I tried it last night with killer shot. Full pallette of rifles with 1300-1700 pp on a level 150 female cast GM. recharged all rifles 9 times(around 3000 meseta each recharge) just to kill Polties in that one side area...lol (got my cati/pp bullet save out of storage last night and have ready for tonight's Polty abuse)

I gained just under a level on killer shot per run...mine was at level 26 already...so, say, 40+ runs to get near 50...easiest way I have found so far and this will make the bots sooooo much easier :D

I've been emptying 2 Rifles with Killer Shot in between switching Lasers each run and I'm getting nowhere... 6 x 9 = 54 so say 56 Empty Rifles for 1 level... if I continue like this it will take me 28 runs to get a level? This is gonna be painful...

DreXxiN
Jan 29, 2009, 03:12 PM

Doesn't it stay SE4 From 21-50?

EMPYREAN
Jan 29, 2009, 03:12 PM
that place is perfect to lv upp rifle, laser, xbow and everything else thats a half year to get to 31/41.
im prolly gonna be there during the whole event lving upp moust of my bullets^^

Libram
Jan 29, 2009, 03:27 PM
Okay, I was running there this morning, and my CAST Fortefighter managed to block a few shots from the Polties.

Addendum:
Polties have outrageously high ACC and unbelievably low EVA.

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2009, 03:27 PM
The Xbow is definitely the quickest of those guns. I'd do the rifles and lasers way ahead of the Xbow.

Ruru
Jan 29, 2009, 05:25 PM
been leveling barta/zonde/megid there atm. havent played in a while so my techs are behind. got barta a level a run so far which is nice. thank you sega lol.

biggabertha
Jan 29, 2009, 05:34 PM
Crossbows level REAL FAST!!

Lv. 1 to Lv. 21 easily in an hour and a half. Eight crossbow bullets for just twelve hours. Then they level like mad after Lv. 21 - just like Shotguns.

I challenge anyone that says that Crossbows level slowly have no idea what slow actually means.

(Go play WoW or FFXI... that'll teach you slow!)

Libram
Jan 30, 2009, 03:19 AM
Barta and Zonde pre-AOI. THAT is slow.

Niloklives
Jan 30, 2009, 05:40 AM

their acc isn't perfect. I've blocked them several times as a low level fortefighter, so they CAN miss. its just really rare.

Beekeeper
Jan 30, 2009, 07:58 AM
Don't know if you have noticed but, the Polties can only go to the end of the hallway leading to the tiny room where they spawn. If you stand just outside the entrance to the hallway they make a nice line-up for any penetrating bullets or spells and they never touch you. Been leveling bullets there and just for the heck of it decided to count how many there were (since rifle only hits one at a time), there are 50.

Atomic646
Jan 30, 2009, 09:44 AM
yeah, same here.
silly jose went and leveled absolute dance before the polties, something I wasn't about to do. anyway, since event started, got absolute from 24>39. should be able to cap it off this weekend, then abuse the little suckers for jabroga leveling :D

even though I only need 9 levels on that pa, haha...should go a bit faster.

Lol! I got Ra-Zonda from 1-31 and got Jabroga from 20-29 It will be CAPPED!

Akaimizu
Jan 30, 2009, 01:02 PM
Funny enough, I typically say what Bertha says about Xbows. A lot of people confuse the somewhat slower startup time (the first 10 bullet levels) with the entire Xbow level-range speed. I usually say it's probably in the 2 fastest gun bullets to level to max. Next to Shotguns.

They kind of accelerate in speed a bit, due to the added bullets, and then they don't really slow down after that. At level 21, they kind of level by themselves.

Miyuki-chan
Jan 30, 2009, 07:51 PM
Leveling Twin Penetration in the Polty room is absolutely amazing... from 7-12 in a single B run, then about 4-5 levels per B run up to 25~, and around 1.5-3 levels per B run all the way to 40 after that. :)

tailz
Jan 31, 2009, 01:14 AM
Been leveling bullets there and just for the heck of it decided to count how many there were (since rifle only hits one at a time), there are 50.

Not that it matters, but theres actually only 49... i wasnt paying attention on a run n ended up thinking i got a few less polties than the run before (i had picked up dif. amounts of hearts/roses) so i counted exp on multiple runs/difficulties to see if the H/Rs made a difference - all 49 :P

i bought mayalee prism 2 runs ago, ive only used it in this room (146 gunmaster w/ ryusaikanoc 0/10) and it just hit 21 on my third solo run... not even done with the polties yet lol great spot for knockback PAs

moomoopenguin
Feb 1, 2009, 11:28 AM
BEST PLACE TO LEVEL MEGIVERSE EVER! That's all I have to say lol :P

fay
Feb 1, 2009, 11:56 AM
i agree its the best place to level megiverse but how do you get it to level. im always getting hit at least once stopping the spell

kevington
Feb 1, 2009, 12:49 PM
i agree its the best place to level megiverse but how do you get it to level. im always getting hit at least once stopping the spell

Try it in a party of at least three, hopefully more. Soloing-- no way!

Commodore 64
Feb 1, 2009, 12:58 PM
I actually dislike the Polty Corner. I imagine it's the same for everyone with a Grenade Launcher. Back up, fire, fire, fire, fire, repeat until you get pushed back too far, move up a bit, fire, fire, fire, fire, use a Photon Charge, move up a bit, repeat. At least my Ice bullet is getting some levels. Gotta start switching it up so my other bullets don't lag behind.

I'm in full support of using it to level techs, bullets, and PAs, though. And it's good to know that it's an A+ place to level Anga Jabroga, I'm like ten PA Frags away from that and I'll be looking to level it. But, grinding through it over and over again is made of bleh. I guess I shouldn't complain, it is the best way to level Photon Arts. I'm sure when it comes time for me to level a PA, and it weren't there, I'd be all "RABBLE RABBLE THIS IS GOING SLOW ISN'T THERE A BETTER WAY RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!"

moomoopenguin
Feb 1, 2009, 04:33 PM

Well it all depends on what level you are really. I did it on a c with a level 30+ 1-10 force and it didn't really give me any problems.

Zarode
Feb 1, 2009, 04:41 PM
It is a good spot to level up stuff.

6_8_10
Feb 1, 2009, 05:55 PM

If your megiverse is high enough to have a little range on it, solo the mission and drop your NPCs once you get to this point. Stand behind one of the little crystal-like thingies as close to the wall as you can get. For the most part, the polties will be unable to reach you. Once in a while one will slip around the edge and approach you, you can run back down the hallway and make them all respawn. I usually use that time to go recharge weapons.

Megiverse still takes forever to level here... I took it from level 36 to 41 here. Now I'm working on gi-techs and they're going so much faster.