PDA

View Full Version : Is coming back worth it?

Cross313
Jan 25, 2009, 11:18 PM
Well I am awaiting for my PSU copy to come in the mail, had to re-buy it due to getting my last copy stolen from me (dern thieves).

Now I am seriously contemplating subscribing to play on-line. Question is.. is the game worth it? I loved PSO, this single player is fun at best.. but nothing to brag home about and there 2 other great PS games coming on the PSP and DS.. so iz a bit confused on what I should do.. figured I would turn to you fine folks for suggestions :)

Cheers.

jayster
Jan 25, 2009, 11:28 PM
PSU isn't worth getting if you aren't going to play online. Imo, I think the single player sucks. The online portion is fun, very addicting. And there is a special event currently going on. It's easy to find parties and level up. I got a character from level 1-14 in one C rank mission today.

unicorn
Jan 26, 2009, 12:30 AM
PSU is muuuuch better online. Theres something missing playing the game offline, feels like you're playing in an empty universe. PSU was designed to be played online, otherwise....it feels like an RPG without any interactivity (NPCs, nothing).

The online gameplay is also rather addictive. I can't really complain about updates, since we've been getting pretty neat ones recently. However, ST is known to give us the shaft on updates every now and then (with the exception of december and january...).

Tomoso
Jan 27, 2009, 08:15 AM
Hello everyone, just a quick question about whether or not it's worth me starting up this game or not. I have only played PSO back on the dreamcast when I was a lot younger and by chance managed to come accross the origonal soundtrack just yesterday. It brought back a lot of good memories and I'm very keen to start playnig again. Only problem is I can't find PSU or the expac in any shop I try :( Anyway I just have a few questions if you don't mind?

I will be playing on the PC so do I need both versions or can I just get the expac? (I don't own a 360 anymore as it kept breaking, and my PS3 is not backwards compatible).

How busy are the servers? I imagine there will just be one or two where the most people will be, are they hard to track down?

And that's it. I'm really looking forward to getting this game, I just hope the music is as epic as PSO! Hopefully see you in game soon, thanks in advance.

Tomoso

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 27, 2009, 08:23 AM
Well as far as busy....the 360 server is more busier by that i mean you will see a full server (5 Stars) on the daily maybe a 1 1/2.

Now the PC server i cant say. So i'm going to wait for someone to answer that.

But welcome to PSU and PSOW ^^

S4CT4L1TY
Jan 27, 2009, 08:31 AM
pc is not really busy unless you join the japanese servers

amtalx
Jan 27, 2009, 09:22 AM
PSU did away with a single mission counter, so it can be harder to find people. Imagine having a separate mission counter for Forest, Caves, Mines, Ruines, Spaceship, etc. ...but multiply that by several planets and people can get pretty spread out.

The 360 servers have been pretty full lately due to the event going on. Adding up all the stars, there were about 5 or 6 full universes. I haven't been on PC/PS2 in quite a while so I can't say about that side.

Tomoso
Jan 27, 2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the information. I'm still going to go ahead and hunt this game down, even if it's just for the story mode. The more I can't have it the more I need it if that makes sense? lol
Just another quickie though, will I need the origonal PSU in order to play PSU:AoI ? It doesn't look like it but I can't find anywhere confirming this. Cheers,

EspioKaos
Jan 27, 2009, 10:21 AM
Nah, you won't need the original game since you'll be playing it on a PC. The expansion is all you'll need for online play. Only drawback of not getting the original game would be not being able to play through Episode 1 (offline story mode).

GreenArcher
Jan 27, 2009, 10:21 AM
For the PC version you just need the expansion disk, however you won't be able to play through Episode One (Story mode, only on the original PSU disk).

Tomoso
Jan 27, 2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks, will have to get both then as I don't want to miss out >.<

x3mahalkita
Jan 28, 2009, 12:12 AM
I heard Carnival started not to long ago. Is it worth it to start playing psu again..?

Zarode
Jan 28, 2009, 12:13 AM
Up to you. The Carnival is okay.

ashley50
Jan 28, 2009, 12:21 AM
no pare...It'll go down again once the event ends.
(assuming you understand that since your name tells me you do).

zeroguy518
Jan 28, 2009, 12:45 AM
I just came back, mostly interested in the MF class, the new missions fun, but I'm having trouble finding a group of legitimately chill people to play with that don't suck horridly (Or if they don't suck they laugh it me cause I sound really funny right now, stupid nose surgery -_- ) It seems like the quality of people on the 360 servers has gone down, but I guess if you play on PC/PS2 that won't matter to you much

gorbitron
Jan 28, 2009, 01:32 AM
I played this game at launch for a month or two, and that was it. I bought the expansion when they halved the price, and came back online about two weeks ago. To anyone still considering coming back or starting up, I say do it. There's still plenty of people online, and you can have a lot of fun, even solo.

omega shadow x
Jan 28, 2009, 03:41 AM
I just got my ps2 able to go online. I played PSO and BB and played PSU offline. I wanted to know if it is worth playing online and if so how much is it?

sorry for taking your time to read this and reply, but every one has at least on stupid question( this on is mine :S )

beatrixkiddo
Jan 28, 2009, 03:48 AM
9.99 a month. Worth it? Up to you.

autumn
Jan 28, 2009, 03:50 AM
Playing PSU online opens up a lot of new options. I started offline on a PS2, got online and I've been playing online mode for almost 2 years now. Its quite addicting, and I feel its well worth the $10 a month it costs. There is an event going on, by the way, with an excellent experience boost that would allow you to get a nicely leveled character with relative ease if you choose to try online ^_^

omega shadow x
Jan 28, 2009, 03:51 AM
okay as long as it is still alive and running i should try it