PDA

View Full Version : A question about Art Trading....

Lucian Kujaku
Jan 28, 2009, 12:45 AM
I know they allow this on websites that use game currency, so long as no REAL money is involved in a trade.

Does anyone know if I am allowed to offer artwork in exchange for meseta or game items?

I've asked a few people already, who told me that it should be fine, provided no real money is used.

I draw a lot.. because I need to practice for my future career choice. But that cuts a lot of time out of playing PSU. It would be wonderful if I was able to combine both my art and the game into one thing. I could do art of people's online characters as well... which I'm sure some people may appreciate.

I just want to make sure that this is okay! I don't want to break any rules or anything.

For all trades I'd require gamertag exchange and to be added to a client's Friend List. I'd also need a PSU game card exchange AND an Email Address. Basically so both parties can keep tabs on one another.

I also would not accept payment until the art was at least 80-90% complete and a "Work In Progress" .jpg image was sent via Email or a link to the image provided over Xbox Live as proof.

I think the idea would be beneficial.

Please offer any opinions or knowledge you have on this subject.
I'm sure I must not be the only one who has asked or wanted to do something similar to this.

Thank you so much!

Zarode
Jan 28, 2009, 12:49 AM
I've seen it done before, so yes, it is allowed.

Lucian Kujaku
Jan 28, 2009, 12:50 AM
Really?
That's wonderful news.
Thank you. :)

zeroguy518
Jan 28, 2009, 12:54 AM
If people on the demo can sell their bodies on Vision cams I don't see why you can't sell artwork -_- (I really don't miss that demo at all)

jayster
Jan 28, 2009, 01:01 AM
wait so we can sell our meseta for real life items but not money? Like I could put up a few stacks and say I wanted a new xbox 360 and someone would send it to me? I'm not planning on doing that but I find it interesting that they won't allow you to sell meseta but trade items.

Lucian Kujaku
Jan 28, 2009, 01:01 AM
LMFAO??? ARE you SERIOUS?

I remember I dreaded the release of the vision cam.... no good could come of it... or at least... far less good in comparison to harm/eye combustion....

Zarode
Jan 28, 2009, 01:04 AM
wait so we can sell our meseta for real life items but not money? Like I could put up a few stacks and say I wanted a new xbox 360 and someone would send it to me? I'm not planning on doing that but I find it interesting that they won't allow you to sell meseta but trade items.

Er, no.

Charging for art work is fine, as a commission base. Asking for actual items worth actual money? No.

Lucian Kujaku
Jan 28, 2009, 01:10 AM

I dunno how it works. Maybe it's because digital art costs nothing to make and can be sent over email... and not snail mail.

Actual items like... an RL XBox system still = real money in some way or another.

That's only my own take on the subject though.....

People are allowed to drop meseta on the ground and donate it to other users, or trade items for nothing... so I guess getting a digital image in exchange is no big deal. I consider it "nothing" seeing as I don't officially sell my art.

But that's still a point to think about.

Zarode
Jan 28, 2009, 01:38 AM
Basically, and take no offense to this, but art is worthless. The only value it has is sentimental. One person can put a price on it, and another could think it is rubbish. A 360 has a value, whether rubbish man likes it or not.

Lucian Kujaku
Jan 28, 2009, 06:25 AM
Basically, and take no offense to this, but art is worthless. The only value it has is sentimental. One person can put a price on it, and another could think it is rubbish. A 360 has a value, whether rubbish man likes it or not.

No offense taken! And you prove a very valid point.
Some people would pay through the nose for a piece of art... while others would find paying anything for a drawing to be stupid.

You need to be an appreciator of art for art to be worth something.
An xbox is worth money... whether you appreciate it or not! ^^

I'm on gaia actually... and on that website... some people pay millions of fake gold for my stuff. While others would most likely OMGWTF??? at that.

jayster
Jan 28, 2009, 03:56 PM
okay sorry I thought you meant the kind of art you hang in a museum or something.

Lucian Kujaku
Jan 29, 2009, 02:16 AM
I'd love to be your first customer, if you're willing and ready :)

Provided I have enough money >.>

Ah. That would be wonderful. Although I'm already backed up a bit with commission already on Gaia. Wah..

I'll link you to my new shop when it's done though. (tonight or tomorrow).<3
You'll at least get proper examples then. lol ^^