PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel now? (people who prepared a lot of zon-photons before carnival)

Nika
Jan 28, 2009, 03:01 AM
In the past, there are many people who said that they had to stock up all the zon-photon before the carinval come, while many JP importers warned that zonsphere is easy to get, there is no need to stock up.

In the end, I wonder how do you feel now if you are one of people that put a lot of effort to stocked up zon-photon.

I feel like to thank god that a friend told me to stop when she knew that I was buying them, because I have been wasting a lot of effort to get these 30,000 zon-photon I have now. (if nobody tell me then, I would stock up even more v_v )

beatrixkiddo
Jan 28, 2009, 03:05 AM
I thought everyone learned their lesson when Firebreak came. Stocking up on Photons beforehand is never worth it.

Shou
Jan 28, 2009, 03:29 AM
I warned people that these spheres would be easy to get and people quoted me and said i was wrong and stupid. At least everyone i know trusts what i tell them :P

Chuck_Norris
Jan 28, 2009, 04:20 AM
I stocked up on them soully so I could sell 'em all off a few days before the Carnival started. :wacko:

zandra117
Jan 28, 2009, 04:40 AM
I feel rich.

D1ABOLIK
Jan 28, 2009, 05:28 AM
I thought everyone learned their lesson when Firebreak came. Stocking up on Photons beforehand is never worth it.

I made quite the large sum of meseta in the couple days before Firebreak though. Ban photon prices were ridiculous.

RikaPSOW
Jan 28, 2009, 07:19 AM
I stocked up on them for the sole purpose of selling them. And that worked nicely.

joefro
Jan 28, 2009, 07:42 AM
I bought a stack about a two weeks ago. I just wanted to have photons available incase I needed to make some lightning weapons (and I didn't want to have to pay a lot if the prices went up.)

S4CT4L1TY
Jan 28, 2009, 08:11 AM
:dead: :dead:

Smidge204
Jan 28, 2009, 08:12 AM
In the end, I wonder how do you feel now if you are one of people that put a lot of effort to stocked up zon-photon.

My only regret is that the exchange rate turned out to be pretty piss-poor. That, and cashing them in was a real pain. When I saw how many other people were selling them flat-out, I decided to convert them to spheres and get a head start on things.

I feel like to thank god that a friend told me to stop when she knew that I was buying them, because I have been wasting a lot of effort to get these 30,000 zon-photon I have now. (if nobody tell me then, I would stock up even more v_v )

Well there's your problem... my stock was just saved up from mission drops. Who the hell would actually BUY photons unless they needed them for synthing right away?
=Smidge=

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 28, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hurray for 2 million extra meseta! is what I say.

DesuJet
Jan 28, 2009, 08:55 AM
Back when people used to stock up on zon-photons I bought and sold and made 10 mil.

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 09:17 AM
I sold all of mine as well, about a week or 2 before the event :-)

Jainsea
Jan 28, 2009, 09:26 AM
hehe, I actually use mine to synth. Silly me :p

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2009, 10:03 AM
Never bought them, started allowing them to make stacks when I found them. So for me, absolutely no real loss or real effort, especially since they just ended up in my inventory after a mission. Likely, they just be used to make stuff. Likely Armors. I want to make an S class Armor with the real high Lightning percentage that my A-class armor has. Something around the mid-40s, at least.

ashley50
Jan 28, 2009, 10:11 AM
I didn't prepare any as a stack only gives you 3 Spheres...what a rip lol.

Better doing C, instead of wasting Photons on them.

JAFO22000
Jan 28, 2009, 11:02 AM
I didn't prepare any as a stack only gives you 3 Spheres...what a rip lol.

Better doing C, instead of wasting Photons on them.

A stack doesn't get you any spheres...

I thought the conversion rate was:

Zon-photon x10 = 1 Zon-drop

Zon-drop x30 = 1 Zonshphere

At this rate, one would need just over 3 stacks of Zon-photons for just 1 Zonsphere....

Arika
Jan 28, 2009, 11:10 AM
Is it useless to stock up any zon-photon, the event only make it cheaper, not more expensive.

Smidge204
Jan 28, 2009, 11:11 AM
Truth: 300 Zon photons for one Zon Sphere. "Three stacks plus three"

And trading them in is a real hassle. If I actually went out of my way to collect Zon photons I'd be pretty disappointed in the whole thing...
=Smidge=

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2009, 11:24 AM
True. However, if you have a lot of lightning stuff to make, having the Zon Photons on you is rather useful. Since I'm working on Armors (the stuff that loves to break when synthing or give you low percentages), I think I might have enough Zon Photons to produce a good one. I think.

So, while not so great for the event, not a bad thing to have for synthing purposes.

desturel
Jan 28, 2009, 11:30 AM
I feel great. I was around back during the Firebreak days so I remembered what happened with ban photons. I had been stocking up on zon-photons since about August so I had 20 stacks or so. Put them all in my shop the day they announced the Carnival for 9000 meseta, and was happy when they all sold out.

I only wish I had prepared more zon-photon for the carnival. :)

ashley50
Jan 28, 2009, 11:33 AM
A stack doesn't get you any spheres...

I thought the conversion rate was:

Zon-photon x10 = 1 Zon-drop

Zon-drop x30 = 1 Zonshphere

At this rate, one would need just over 3 stacks of Zon-photons for just 1 Zonsphere....

it is...I just skipped the Zon Drop conversion as its practically the same since you'll still get 3 Spheres from a 90 Zon Photon (3 Zon Drops)

Smidge204
Jan 28, 2009, 11:52 AM
it is...I just skipped the Zon Drop conversion as its practically the same since you'll still get 3 Spheres from a 90 Zon Photon (3 Zon Drops)

No, your math is off. You do not get 3 Spheres from 90 Photons. You get 0.3 spheres from 90 photons.

1 Sphere = 30 Drops
1 Drop = 10 Photons

Therefore 1 Sphere = 30*10 (or 300) Photons.

I really don't know how you manages to equate 90 photons to 3 drops to 3 spheres. That just doesn't work at all.

In other news, if you find yourself with a surplus of Spheres you can liquidate them for 1250 meseta each: Trade them in for Magical Wand or Plasma Bows and sell them to the NPC.
=Smidge=

Vent
Jan 28, 2009, 12:04 PM
In other news, if you find yourself with a surplus of Spheres you can liquidate them for 1250 meseta each: Trade them in for Magical Wand or Plasma Bows and sell them to the NPC.

Haha, I would just buy event tickets and suicide myself on the bonus mission.

JAFO22000
Jan 28, 2009, 12:08 PM
No, your math is off. You do not get 3 Spheres from 90 Photons. You get 0.3 spheres from 90 photons.

1 Sphere = 30 Drops
1 Drop = 10 Photons

I really don't know how you manages to equate 90 photons to 3 drops to 3 spheres. That just doesn't work at all.

=Smidge=

Thanks for verifying. I thought I was going crazy there....

jayster
Jan 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
I lol'ed big time at the conversion rates. I personally didn't buy any but I had some friends who spent millions buying them :]

OldCoot
Jan 28, 2009, 12:20 PM
I saved them just in case from runs and now I have plenty for a long time to come.

Smidge204
Jan 28, 2009, 12:24 PM
Haha, I would just buy event tickets and suicide myself on the bonus mission.

They only thing that's really good for is EXP - unless you manage to not die, of course.

Still - Unused tickets will likely vanish when the event is over. The exchange mission should still be available, which means unused Zon Spheres will still have value. Better to get tickets as you need them.
=Smidge=

Kylie
Jan 28, 2009, 12:30 PM
I listened to the warnings, and I'm lazy. ^^ I think the exchange rates for zon-photons and even drops are ridiculous though. I'm thankful that spheres are so easy to get, but drops as 1/30 of spheres is stupid because they practically drop at the same rate as spheres. It should have been like five drops equals one sphere or something.

Libram
Jan 28, 2009, 01:34 PM
Stand back! I'm going to contradict Kylie!

I've been soloing Charged Puzzle because I play in the morning and no one I know is online. After running through I notice that Zon-drops are a lot more frequent than Zon-spheres and that certain boxes are more likely to have Spheres than Drops. During the normal course of a solo mission you're more likely to get a number of Drops, and by adding people you open the paths to the other areas and the boxes they contain. This starts to balance out the number of Spheres to Drops, but I'm suspecting that it may be faster to gain Zon-thingies just by soloing CP and collecting what is dropped by yourself instead of splitting it with a party.

nirvash12142007
Jan 28, 2009, 01:54 PM
well i stock up some a couple of days before hand in mag mission the free one that came out after the event i did not buy any but that because i knew i could get them in mag also i figured i level my character up at the same time for one of my lower characters. so i don't feel bad about doing but it is exremly easy to accuire them in this event a lot more then it was in mag for the weapon badges. speeking of mag does anyone know if we are supposed to be aiming for a kill count like in mag for this event i know the jp version did but what is the story about the winter mission carnival for us is the a kill count and will we be getting the rewards like they did in jp or not

ashley50
Jan 28, 2009, 03:06 PM

1 Sphere = 30 Drops
1 Drop = 10 Photons

=Smidge=
oh right...i guess this is how/why i fail Math classes ;l

Powder Keg
Jan 28, 2009, 03:25 PM
Everyone should have had stacks to begin with from the GBR.

Tetsaru
Jan 28, 2009, 03:29 PM
Lol... I had several stacks saved up for this event, and I probably spent a good hour or two switching between characters to trade them in before trying out the missions...

...and then I noticed that Zon-Photons weren't dropping like crazy as I thought it would be (like Ban-Photons in Firebreak), and Zon-Drops/Spheres dropped from boxes instead...

O_Ox

......FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK. Time to start hoarding back up again... >_<

Syaoran_69
Jan 28, 2009, 03:34 PM
I feel pretty amazing, I sold 67 stacks of zon for 6500 each the day before the event and made out like a bandit.

Karazykid
Jan 28, 2009, 03:36 PM

I've been soloing Charged Puzzle because I play in the morning and no one I know is online. After running through I notice that Zon-drops are a lot more frequent than Zon-spheres and that certain boxes are more likely to have Spheres than Drops. During the normal course of a solo mission you're more likely to get a number of Drops, and by adding people you open the paths to the other areas and the boxes they contain. This starts to balance out the number of Spheres to Drops, but I'm suspecting that it may be faster to gain Zon-thingies just by soloing CP and collecting what is dropped by yourself instead of splitting it with a party.

Yep. Been testing that myself. If you do a speed run and kill the dragon I usually wind up with 12 drops and 6 spheres. A party would allow access to 4 more sets of boxes, but if it's a party of 3 you'd only get a third of that. In the same amount of time it takes to actually get those extra boxes, you could do another speed run and make the same profit considering you'd only get maybe 1 sphere per set of boxes.

HyperShot-X-
Jan 28, 2009, 04:24 PM
^ @c lmao :lol:

Epic fail on those ppl dumb enuff to get manipulated by those controlling the market to rip off out of pure greed, and greed is the source of all evilness as we all know.

I have no solution for you if you fail at elementary math conversion and still manages to cap all 4 chars to max almost... :-?

Da winnar is Segac !! :wacko:

Zarode
Jan 28, 2009, 04:41 PM
Way to go guys. b

desturel
Jan 28, 2009, 04:54 PM
I have no solution for you if you fail at elementary math conversion and still manages to cap all 4 chars to max almost... :-?

Have you ever heard of non sequitur? Mathematic ability has nothing to do with the ability to "cap all 4 chars to max" in a video game. From your post, it also follows that spelling and grammar are not requirements to play the game either.

Kylie
Jan 28, 2009, 04:57 PM
Lol, why do people seem so afraid of me lately?

Anyway, twit (just kidding), I did kind of exaggerate my statement. Zon-drops do drop more than zonpheres, but my gripe is that I'm finishing runs and being asked if I want to convert my zon-drops, and I only have enough to convert them like every three runs. I'm getting like three to four zonspeheres per run, so zon-drops seems pretty worthless if they're only getting me one more zonsphere every nine to twelve zonspheres I get on my own.

garjian
Jan 28, 2009, 05:02 PM
i stocked up so i could sell them a couple of day before the event...
i made plently of money that day ^^

Noblewine
Jan 28, 2009, 05:08 PM
I didn't collect any Zon Photons while waiting for the event. I need them for other reasons.

Libram
Jan 28, 2009, 05:26 PM
I guess it'd be most like cutting coupons. You get them, it takes effort to carry them around, and they don't really save that much, but some people like getting whatever little help they can. It all depends oh how frugal you are, I guess.

Besides, it gives people a reason to not sit and spam C missions. Spheres are far more rare in lower difficulties.

Ryudo
Jan 28, 2009, 05:40 PM
zon photons arent even worth the effort of trading in, you get enough spheres and drops in one run to equate to about a thousand photons

HyperShot-X-
Jan 28, 2009, 06:00 PM
..Mathematic ability has nothing to do with the ability to "cap all 4 chars to max" in a video game.
if u mean 'mathematical ability' as basic, simple calculation that is essential to everyday life then it's got everything to do with playing this RPG game managing 4 chars & their items, buying/synthing stuffs & running shops. You seemed to have missed my point yet again on the irony of having 4 capped chars without such ability, I can just imagine their playing style. It's the same sense that spelling & grammar is not required but communicating with your teammate is for playing co-op online.

From my earlier post, it also follows that if you get enjoyment out of making profit off overpriced items by taking advantage of the market and basically ripping ppl off, then you're the same kind in principle as those who stocked up on duped S+10 grinders and sold them later for their own profit.

Smidge204
Jan 28, 2009, 06:37 PM
HyperShot-X-

It is hilarious to watch you correct someone on language when you screw up things like "it's" and "its." Stop trying.

Also, I know someone from outside the game that had (don't know if he still plays... never met him in-game) three capped characters but never did understand the concept of elements and how they work together. We're talking something that 8-year-old Pokemon players can grasp with ease and this guy just used whatever weapon had the highest ATP and grinded his ass off until he got bored. Presto, three maxed-out characters, stacks of meseta, rare items, you name it.

Basically no skill beyond button mashing is really required to "win" this game. In fact, it's probably easier the dumber you are, since your tolerance for mindless repetition would likely be much higher.
=Smidge=

desturel
Jan 28, 2009, 07:49 PM
if u mean 'mathematical ability' as basic, simple calculation that is essential to everyday life then it's got everything to do with playing this RPG game managing 4 chars & their items, buying/synthing stuffs & running shops.

If you mean 'mathematical ability' as basic, simple calculation that is essential to everyday life, then it has everything to do with playing this RPG game. Managing four characters and their items; buying and synthing stuff; Running shops; All of these require mathmatical ability.

The above paragraph is what your burn post should have said, but it doesn't. I would have used items instead of stuff. Also stuff is already plural so you do not need to add the s. Anyway, I am not a grammar nazi. I just feel it's funny that you are lambasting someone's arithmetic.

To answer your post, you do not need to calculate anything in this game if you do not wish to. The game handles all of the calculations. The extent of math that you need is X > Y where X is the amount you have and Y is the amount the item you want costs.

There is no penalty for having the wrong amount of any given item. If you do not have enough Zon photons to convert into Zon Drops to eventually convert into a Zon sphere, then you don't get the Zon sphere. If you do not have enough meseta to buy a Red/Knight from a player, you likely will not get the Red Knight (unless the player selling the item comes to an agreement).

On the subject of greed, the price of items in an economy is set by the people who demand the item. Since PSU is a Free Market (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_market) economy it is your discretion as the seller to set your price to whatever you would like. It is the buyer's discretion to refuse that price. If the item you are trying to sell sells at the price you set for it, the economy is successful.

By those terms, the people who are greedy are the people who set their items at a price that was too high to sell in the market. Because of their greed their items did not sell. Even then, that does not hold up to the standard definition of greed. Greed does not only encompass the pursuit of money and power; it also requires that you are withholding a good that is not readily available through other means.

If you buy every Love Inferno in the game and then demand at least nine stacks of meseta for a 1/1 Inferno, that is greed.

Zon-photons are a commodity. As a commodity, they cannot be over sold or undersold. There will always be competition for it. You are acting in your own self-interest when you sell them. If Sonic Team had meant for zon-photons to have a set price, they would have been available in the NPC shop.

It is in your best interest to set the price to a level that a market will pay for. Should you choose to sell your items at a price lower than the market demands, you are being charitable. Charity is not a bad thing, and in large enough quantities it can help drive down the price of an item. Do not, however, conclude that the people selling items at a charitable price are automatically good; nor that those who are selling an item at market value are automatically greedy. It undermines the economy to the point where you are unable to sell anything. (No matter what price you set it at, you would be over pricing it.)

I do not envy you should you decide to start your own business. Your definition of greed would quickly lead you to become bankrupt; however you would make some people happy before you ran out of money.

Darklighter
Jan 29, 2009, 06:30 AM
I made over 5 million selling zon-photon before the event. It was funny as hell!

Zorak000
Jan 29, 2009, 11:55 AM
I guess I should now try to stock up on megi-photons so I can sell them later...