PDA

View Full Version : Epic FKL hides a secret....a translated secret.

Saner
Jan 28, 2009, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2C6YX2FCtk

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! xD

:burger: :burger: :burger:

here's the smoothy smooth version!

Syanaide
Jan 28, 2009, 03:53 PM
Saw this just a bit ago, the quantity of win is just extravagant.

Larian
Jan 28, 2009, 03:55 PM
Oh...your posting about video games again...Glad your feeling better!! =D

Shadowpawn
Jan 28, 2009, 04:30 PM
The combat system looks similar to Parasite Eve, only in fluid real time.

Randomness
Jan 28, 2009, 04:50 PM
Grr... less teasing, more releasing.

Kard
Jan 28, 2009, 05:13 PM
I think I'll focus my eating efforts on Saner for :burger:ing FFXIII posts.

Lance813
Jan 28, 2009, 05:27 PM
They are pushing back the VERSUS release date... Hurry it up, I may die before I get to play this game.

On a side note, The green eyed-girl, not shown in the trailer, is a cutie! :wacko:

Outrider
Jan 28, 2009, 08:09 PM
Eh, I'll play it, but it looks kind of... overdone? No, that's not quite it...

I do wonder when they're planning on renaming the series to Final Sci-Fi, though.

Also, what's Seifer Almasy doing there without his gunblade and wearing a bandanna?

Saner
Jan 28, 2009, 08:16 PM
hey it looks no more sci-fi than VII, and VIII. the only one that should be called Final Sci-Fi is spirits within, that movie had no magic.

HQ version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCoimOk0Sn8

Moo2u
Jan 28, 2009, 09:59 PM
hey it looks no more sci-fi than VII, and VIII. the only one that should be called Final Sci-Fi is spirits within, that movie had no magic.

It had "spirits."

:cowsleep:

astuarlen
Jan 28, 2009, 11:37 PM
Eh, I'll play it, but it looks kind of... overdone? No, that's not quite it...

I do wonder when they're planning on renaming the series to Final Sci-Fi, though.

Also, what's Seifer Almasy doing there without his gunblade and wearing a bandanna?

On the other hand, one could argue that a game/book/movie/program which doesn't make a respectable effort to explain, or at least portray, technology which is plausible based on contemporary understanding of the sciences... is just fantasy in vaguely futuristic-looking cosplay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Afterall, some of my best friends are fantasies. :blush:

'Course, we won't know until someone plays it, and, in any case, maybe the clothes really do make the man.

Weeaboolits
Jan 28, 2009, 11:38 PM
The secret is... FOnewms combat aircraft.

astuarlen
Jan 28, 2009, 11:42 PM
The secret is... FOnewms combat aircraft.

Surface-to-air shoes?

Saner
Jan 29, 2009, 12:21 AM
It had "spirits."

:cowsleep:

oh ya -.-;

Nitro Vordex
Jan 29, 2009, 12:46 AM
Stop encouraging him.

astuarlen
Jan 29, 2009, 01:07 AM
Stop encouraging ham.

Bacon is murder.

Outrider
Jan 29, 2009, 01:15 AM
On the other hand, one could argue that a game/book/movie/program which doesn't make a respectable effort to explain, or at least portray, technology which is plausible based on contemporary understanding of the sciences... is just fantasy in vaguely futuristic-looking cosplay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Afterall, some of my best friends are fantasies. :blush:

'Course, we won't know until someone plays it, and, in any case, maybe the clothes really do make the man.

Y'know, I was actually hoping nobody would point out that most of what we refer to as "Science Fiction" is really "Science Fantasy."

Thanks, Astuarlen. Now everyone is going to laugh at me!

Also, I wasn't really arguing that FFVII and FFVIII weren't more sci-fi than fantasy - though they both are super mystical and "traditional video game fantasy" once you really get into it. Heck, in a lot of ways, FFVI had more technological-fantasy stuff than FFVII.

I'm just not thrilled with a lot of the recent design choices in modern Final Fantasy games. The characters basically just look like trendy Japanese teens (it drove me nuts that in FFXII, characters like Basch actually LOST armor when they joined your team), the vehicles just look like spaceships when they're supposed to be airships, & now, apparently, more people use guns than traditional fantasy weaponry. It's all silly stuff, but I miss the days when Final Fantasy characters looked like warriors, the airships had propellers and balloons & people used swords, damn it.

I swear, Kingdom Hearts looks more like a Final Fantasy game to me than Final Fantasy XIII does.