PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Transfering psu accounts

Th3 Blaz3king
Jan 28, 2009, 05:01 PM
I am getting a new 360 and i am going to play phanstay are that one but how do i recover all my information from one 360 to the other i tried recovering my account on my friends xbox and i had the subscrption its just had no charcters and no save data how do i get that data back

Tyreek
Jan 28, 2009, 05:03 PM
I don't own a 360, so I'm stuck there, but are you able to transfer hard drives?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 28, 2009, 05:08 PM
Good question...my friend had to do that
i'll ask him and see whats up

joefro
Jan 28, 2009, 05:08 PM
Your data won't show up unless your friend has AotI on his hard drive.

garjian
Jan 28, 2009, 05:11 PM
i belive its all attached to your gamertag so there shouldnt be a problem, but it seems youll need the expansion aswell...

so... if youre changing your harddrive, you may need to get a data transfer cable so you can keep your marketplace data and get the expansion for free again, orrrrrrrrrrrr... if not... there should be no problems. i dont know... why are you asking me :S ive never changed my hardrive for this specific reason :P those cables are a bitch to find...

landman
Jan 28, 2009, 05:24 PM
If you are talking about offline savegames, then you need to transfer the information betwen hard drives, using an special cable, or using a memory card, if you are talking about online accounts, you can log in with your gamertag in any 360 and your acount will be there

youthisoverrated
Jan 28, 2009, 07:04 PM
Yeah it's attached to your gamertag, unless it's offline mode. Other than that I don't see what the problem could be >_>

jayster
Jan 28, 2009, 07:47 PM
what kind of special cable? i'm getting a new 360 as well.

Ryno
Jan 28, 2009, 08:07 PM
after my old 360 died on me like 2 times somewhat a while back i bought i new 360 which is a core system just to save money. and i just tranfer my recent HD to my new core system. ( save money plus economy too )

youthisoverrated
Jan 28, 2009, 08:10 PM
what kind of special cable? i'm getting a new 360 as well.

It basically transfers data from one hdd to the other. But the weird thing is most game stores don't carry it.... I kept mine simply because of this.

jayster
Jan 28, 2009, 09:34 PM
i mean what is the cable called so I can find it? And will it keep info on the old hd as well because we are keeping both 360's.

tadtwisted
Jan 28, 2009, 09:42 PM
i just used a memory card to transfer the save file, then re-downloaded aoti and havent had a problem

RedRaz0r
Jan 28, 2009, 10:33 PM
Okay if you just want to transfer the expansion then DO NOT buy a stupid cable to transfer one marketplace download.

If you downloaded it before and you paid, then you can download it again under the same gamertag FOR FREE

You shouldn't need to spend any money.

landman
Jan 29, 2009, 03:36 AM
If you want the transfer kit call microsoft, and tell them you bought a new elite and you want to transfer the data from your old 360, tey will send it to you, at least it works in europe...

Atomic646
Jan 30, 2009, 10:07 AM
i mean what is the cable called so I can find it? And will it keep info on the old hd as well because we are keeping both 360's.

I think the cable/item you are looking for is called Xsata, I remember looking at them in Gamestop like 2 years ago. When I Google it, it says it can transfer your xbox360 HDD on to your computer, so I assume you can transfer it back or to a different one.

6_8_10
Jan 30, 2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

ThEoRy
Jan 30, 2009, 12:54 PM
I think the cable/item you are looking for is called Xsata, I remember looking at them in Gamestop like 2 years ago. When I Google it, it says it can transfer your xbox360 HDD on to your computer, so I assume you can transfer it back or to a different one.

That is not what he needs/ is looking for. Nor is the post above me entirely correct.

What he really needs to look at is here. This is the official xbox 360 data transfer cable info.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

Though as it has been mentioned before by others. Aoti is attached to your GT and can be simply re downloaded for free.