PDA

View Full Version : I'm terrible.

BlackRose
Feb 9, 2003, 10:32 PM
Yeah, i'm ranting about myself again... just... go read another thread or something...

I'm terrible, and would you like to know why? (well, probably not...) I lack the will to finish things. Here I've typed three sentences and I'm already starting to give up posting this. I've got terrible marks in school because I don't finish my homework. I sit down to do it, I've got all my books out, then I get up and finish the level in Halo that I started earlier (and didn't finish). I've got half a million projects sitting on the workbench downstairs, all of them nearly finished, but i'm never going to finish any of them. I'm working on setting up a forge at home, and I'm thinking about nixing it, despite the few hundred dollars I've spent that would be wasted.

Some people say that my heart's just not in anything I've done... but i've done (or started) a hell of a lot. Blacksmith, swordsmith, sword collector, graphic artist, potter, snowboarder, guitarist, auto racer, bike racer, card collector, gambling, video gamer, programmer, bum, pimp, boxer, various martial arts... tried them all, and failed them all because I wouldn't stick with them. Seems my heart is nowhere to be found.

Jack of all trades, master of none. I'm going to sleep.

ABDUR101
Feb 9, 2003, 10:41 PM
You're just testing the waters of possibility. There's nothing wrong with trying carpentry and then quitting, only to start pottery, and then quitting to start blacksmithing, etc.

You should try as many things as you can, even if you fail miserably at each one, you'd of never known unless you had tried.

You and I both know that trying is better than nothing. =)

..and besides, if you don't become a blacksmith I'm going to kick your ass, you owe me my lance bracers. >=X

Eum
Feb 9, 2003, 10:44 PM
Oh, I'm so glad there is someone here I can relate to. I'm the same way.

I am also getting bad marks. I often rip up papers, or throw things away. It's almost as if everything I do turns out horribly. I constantly feel unorganized, and as if I can't finish anything if it's not perfect. I do want to be as dedicated as some of the other people I observe, though. I see people with their 4.0 GPAs, and long to have it. It's almost as if it's far too tiring to bother working for it. I suppose everything worth anything only benefits when you do a decent amount of work for them. Easier said than done, though, yes?

[ Edit ] I think I took your post the wrong way. @_@ Sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eum on 2003-02-09 19:45 ]</font>

AdamW
Feb 10, 2003, 11:13 AM
Muha, now that I know about. It's hard to get motivated on something. I dunno why. Even things I think I'd be excited about. Shrug. Just guess they're not your true calling.

IceBlink
Feb 10, 2003, 11:36 AM
Don't forget, every time you do this, you're learning something new!

... Reminds me of Kintaro Oe from Golden Boy. ^_^;

RedFox
Feb 10, 2003, 06:25 PM
im almoost exactly the same... you see i start writing a reply...

Vantamiath
Feb 10, 2003, 09:40 PM
PSOW Fanfic: On hold.

Will to get better grades: On hold.

Reaching most GC BA wins: On hold.

Sticking with 1 character to level 200: On hold.

Writing lyrics before band practice: On hold.

Sleep: Definatly on hold.

Wearing any pant clothing besides sweatpants: Always on hold.

Trying to "get" a girlfriend: On hold.

Finishing my Oriental type room: On hold.

I could go on, but this list is: On hold.

gunome
Feb 11, 2003, 06:22 PM
you just have to decide what is important, and what is not. important being what you determine you need to live and be happy. everything else you do doesnt have to be finished, its just extra stuff that makes you YOU, and later in life you'll be able to wow people with your extensive knowlege of various subjects.

CajunSamurai
Feb 12, 2003, 03:44 AM
I think I'm also similar in a slightly less extreme way. For example...

For the last two or three years I've been playing with electronic music, right? I've actually gotten pretty decent at composition, but I still have next to nothing to show for it. This could be because of a lack of resources to purchase INSANELY expensive equipment such as synths, samplers, keyboards, drum machines, etc., but even with software such as Fruity Loops that includes most of the aforementioned, I get frustrated quickly and end up erasing any work I got done, usually.

Same with writing. Oh LAWD, I've had plans to write an "epic" of a fantasy novel for many years now, but every time I sit down and try to make some progress, anything at all, I somehow end up screwing up and tossing it out. This tends to happen so occasionally anyway that I sometimes think I might as well not even bother. That, and I'm really not much of a creative writer.

And y'know what the latest thing for me is? Games. As trivial as it may sound, I've been struggling to get through games that I'd have BLAZED through two or more years ago. I don't know if it's lack of attention span or "old age" ( http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif ), but it really bothers me. This is a guy that beat FF7 in 4 days when he was 14. These days though? Finished Metroid Prime in a little over a month. Finished Kingdom Hearts in almost two months. STILL have not finished FFX.
Perhaps it's just that these games suck compared to the games of old that I used to play for 10 hours a day (oh, how I wish I had that kind of time, again), but all too often I get bored/irritated with a game and don't get back to it for at least a few weeks, when I often get bored/irritated again and repeat the cycle. Grr.

Something I HAVE done lately, however, is compose my very own 65 minute long trance DJ mix using Acid 4.0. I'm pretty satisfied with it and I'm CERTAINLY fascinated with DJ'ing in general.

Sometimes, I wonder if I'm a jack of all trades as well, but I think it's just a matter of time before I find out exactly what I wanna do. I'm currently majoring in computer science in college, but I'm really not 100% set on it yet, and seeing as I'm taking pretty much ALL elective classes at the moment (which includes two music classes; appreciation and fundamentals), it won't be a problem to change my major come Fall. Point being, I think it's a very valuable thing indeed to have more than one skill or interest. Between computers, music and writing, I'm sure I'll find at least ONE specific field I'm comfortable with.

So that's where I'm at, really. I know it's more complex than simply interests/professions, but my brain is starting to ache. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif
Point of this post being: I feel for ya.

Ness
Feb 12, 2003, 04:35 PM
I find it hard to finsih the comics I create.

SorceressofTime
Feb 14, 2003, 02:13 AM
don't worry sweetie, there are many people here who are just like you. *hugs blackrose*

i have the habit of never finishing things on time, and getting frustrated during so, then ending up going to another thing that'll never finish. days later, weeks later, or months later, i somehow finish them.
i've been overrun with homework and having difficultly with schoolwork, due to me being in the senior years of high school, thus, i can't get any time to myself: leaving me to feel like i'll never finish anything i'd like to finish.

give yourself some time and space. later on you'll figure out what makes you motivated - even if you have to do it. hell, listen to music if you need to; i know this makes me motivated.

oh and... umm... get more sleep. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif i somehow need more of this to finish more work....

(a rant from me. ^_^v *peace*)

CGoodness
Feb 22, 2003, 09:48 PM
Im just really really lazy. Im only in the 8th grade and I'm taking a bunch of frickin impossible classes like Bio and stuff and its hard for me so I always just say "oh, ill copy of someone during lunch cuz i have Bio last period so screw this im playing PSO" see.. Im just LAZY.. Good a PSO, though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif