PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Hard to hit Melee Guardian Type..

Talazon
Jan 28, 2009, 10:28 PM
I am purchasing this game here around the 1st of Feb. I was browsing the PSUPedia and I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on a proper Guardian Type for me. I want to be the closest thing to a "Thief" as can be, I.E. I want to hit fast (not necessarily hard) increased Crit Chance and be hard to hit. I will be making a Male Beast. Any suggestions, I looked at the Acro types and they didnt stand out too much to me so then I had a tossup between Fighgunner and Fortefighter, I want to be using Twin Daggers and as for Ranged possibly Twin Handguns. Again any insight would be greatly appreciated.

GaNksTa
Jan 28, 2009, 10:31 PM
I believe Fighgunner would suit you best. Fortefighter is the big (numbers) damage class, while Fighgunners focus more on DPS, Damage Per Second. Also most of the Fighgunner's weapons tend to hit "faster".

Talazon
Jan 28, 2009, 10:36 PM
Awesome that is what I was leaning towards tbh. :D

xzidanex
Jan 28, 2009, 10:54 PM
Also worth noting is that the Acrofighter has a faster attack speed, but if you want to specialize in dual wield weapons, then Fighgunner, but they don't get the attack speed that Acrofighter has.

Edit: And of course there's always Fighmaster.

Seority
Jan 28, 2009, 11:17 PM
If you really want speed, then AcroFighter is your thing. They get up to A rank twin daggers and they can hit REALLY fast. You can also pull off some decent damage with them as well.
Fighgunner is also a good class for you. (Trust me, in this game, you can diverse well.)
These two classes are quite the same.
AcroFighter: Fast attack speed, A rank twins, S rank slicers and madoogs
Fighgunner: Normal attack speed, S rank twins, double-sabers, larger trap selection

Up to you :)
Again, it's easy to be more then one class in PSU, so don't think you are only stuck with one.

RemiusTA
Jan 29, 2009, 12:46 AM
I am purchasing this game here around the 1st of Feb. I was browsing the PSUPedia and I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on a proper Guardian Type for me. I want to be the closest thing to a "Thief" as can be, I.E. I want to hit fast (not necessarily hard) increased Crit Chance and be hard to hit. I will be making a Male Beast. Any suggestions, I looked at the Acro types and they didnt stand out too much to me so then I had a tossup between Fighgunner and Fortefighter, I want to be using Twin Daggers and as for Ranged possibly Twin Handguns. Again any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Acro is the clostest thing you'll get to a "theif".

As for literately hitting hard and moving fast....seriously, just get a spear and majarra. You'll kill everything and almost never get hit lol.

Nothing outdamages a Fortefighter other than Fighmaster, both in terms of big numbarz AND DPS, sooooo......go with the god-tier class and call it a day lol

Ethateral
Jan 29, 2009, 12:49 AM
Also, remember, Acrofighter gets A-rank Twin Handguns, alongside that increased attack speed.

kejen
Jan 29, 2009, 01:06 AM
You want to hit fast and hard to be hit? That is acrofighter. Fighgunner is very slow, and doesnt block much. Fortefighter is slow too, and blocks less. But hits the hardest, has most hp, and access to hard hitting weapons (spears, axes, and swords is ff main weapons). But in that case, you might as well do fighmaster so you can use those weapons with speed bonus at the cost of a few stats. To do fighmaster, you have to be a fortefighter and fighgunner for a while first, so you will know if you like them.

Twin daggers aren't that good. Hishou is useful for certain things, but generally you won't want to be using them. Definitely not as your main weapon.

Another thing is fighgunner doesnt get armas line.

landman
Jan 29, 2009, 03:39 AM
You can make a critical attacks with any fighter class, it's called just counter and just attack