PDA

View Full Version : 360 Pre paid card help.

Karazykid
Jan 29, 2009, 05:45 PM
My friend is trying to start the game with a visa pre paid card he bought today, but it's not letting him start his account. He put in all the info, but it's acting like it doesn't recognize his account.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jan 29, 2009, 05:49 PM
Did he put in the three digit security code on the back of the card?

Karazykid
Jan 29, 2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I asked him the same thing. Apparently in the memberships tab on his dashboard it has a check next to the PSU guardians license like it's supposed to, but every time he tries to start the game it says his membership is expired.

Zarode
Jan 29, 2009, 05:53 PM
360 or PC?

360, you cannot sign up for a Guardian's License with a pre-paid card, for some reason. He'll have to get a debit or credit card.

Ruru
Jan 29, 2009, 05:54 PM
supposedly parts of the billing server are down atm. a friend of mine is getting 065'd when he tries to renew. so its either a billing problem or something your friend is doing wrong.

Karazykid
Jan 29, 2009, 05:56 PM
360 or PC?

360, you cannot sign up for a Guardian's License with a pre-paid card, for some reason. He'll have to get a debit or credit card.

Well, it's a visa pre paid debit card. I used one to sign up. And yeah, 360.

Oh, the billing is messed up? Any idea when that might be fixed?

Ruru
Jan 29, 2009, 06:01 PM
Well, it's a visa pre paid debit card. I used one to sign up. And yeah, 360.

Oh, the billing is messed up? Any idea when that might be fixed?

not sure i haven't heard much of it. i just know of my friends problem atm. who knows how long it will take them to fix it. if it is in fact a wide spread problem.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jan 29, 2009, 06:05 PM
That problem is PC/PS2 servers not 360.

Zarode
Jan 29, 2009, 06:35 PM
360 billing is done via Xbox Live, Microsoft. I swear up and down they do not accept any form of Pre-paid cards for this subscription. But it'll work for anything else, go figure (MACROSUFT POUNTS HURRRRRRRR).

Karazykid
Jan 29, 2009, 06:40 PM
I'm tellin ya, I've got a visa pre paid debit card that I used for this and it worked perfectly fine.

ashley50
Jan 29, 2009, 06:43 PM
Why don't you try inputting it yourself? maybe he was doing something wrong...

Zwick_
Jan 29, 2009, 07:11 PM
Pre-paid cards do work for PSU ive done it before, but there are a few common problems:
Make sure he activated it on the prepaid card website with his name and stuff
Make sure all his Xbox information is set to United States, prepaid cards dont work outside of the US

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 29, 2009, 07:12 PM
On the name of the card, put whatever it says like, "Visa Debit Card" or whatever. He isn't supposed to put his own name.

Karazykid
Jan 29, 2009, 07:34 PM
Pre-paid cards do work for PSU ive done it before, but there are a few common problems:
Make sure he activated it on the prepaid card website with his name and stuff
Make sure all his Xbox information is set to United States, prepaid cards dont work outside of the US

That's what it was. Since he bought it from the bank we both thought it'd come activated but apparently not. Thanks!

Zwick_
Jan 29, 2009, 07:39 PM
No problem, Happy Hunting =)

DarkEliteRico
Jan 29, 2009, 09:32 PM
sometimes can be fixed by logging out and logging into your account a few times

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 30, 2009, 10:11 PM
Does he have the money on the card also tell him call xbox live support to do it that what i hav to do sometimes.