PDA

View Full Version : Online Newb Tips

Cross313
Jan 30, 2009, 11:55 AM
Got the game, got the expansion.. should be online tonight/saturday morning (not sure when ill be able to play :P ).

Any tips for me? Is there a quick way to level up? (not looking to power level) but I don't want to grind myself to death.

ashley50
Jan 30, 2009, 12:01 PM
do the event that is going on atm :l

Noblewine
Jan 30, 2009, 12:02 PM
Welcome here's some links to help you out.

A section full of other missions to explore http://psupedia.info/Missions
4th floor of G-Colony http://psupedia.info/Unsafe_Passage
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81030

Recent updates:
http://psupedia.info/Updates/January_2009#Update_066
http://psupedia.info/Updates/January_2009#Update_067

Mr T 13
Jan 30, 2009, 12:03 PM
All I have to say is don't play in Uni. 5. They don't seem to take kindly to new players. They say things like "My pallet is worth more than your life!" as well as other such sayings that people would get banned for saying on the forums. Also, they don't just say that once, they will follow you around and say that until you leave the universe or start a run.^^; I've seen a few new players the past few days and this seems to be the result of uni 5.

ashley50
Jan 30, 2009, 12:09 PM
is that 360 side or PC/PS2 side? ^

Mr T 13
Jan 30, 2009, 12:11 PM
The 360 side

Seority
Jan 30, 2009, 12:36 PM
Or just ignore them and have fun on w/e Universe you want! ^_^

Mr T 13
Jan 30, 2009, 12:45 PM
Also, look out for trade scammers. I wouldn't drop trade in a mission and if you trade items normally, make sure to check it before confirming. The best thing to do is just buy from player shops, but always compare prices with the NPCs for the lower level gear. Most of the time you'll save a good deal of cash, but you will run into those few people who will overcharge. More or less, you just need to be careful when it comes to people.

Anduril
Jan 30, 2009, 12:50 PM
I would just generally say don't buy any weapons under 5* from player shops, most tend to be ridiculously overpriced. People were selling 1* rods for 1000 meseta when they are only 200(or 300, I forget) in the NPC shops.

Calsetes
Jan 30, 2009, 01:04 PM
Wow, if that's on the PC version, kinda makes me want to go in there and (for once in my life) be a bit of a shit-kicker.

"My palette's worth more than your life!"

"Wow. And to think that my life is worth more than yours, REALLY puts that palette into perspective...."

Edit: Nevermind, didn't update the page after I got lunch.

Seority
Jan 30, 2009, 01:20 PM
I'm kind of confused at how a good pallete correlates with sucking at life...The game is so terribly hard to get rich at, right? lol

EDIT: Er..sorry, This is Drex, I don't know why but Seo has "Remember Me" on like Everything I own. >_>

Calsetes
Jan 30, 2009, 01:43 PM
Not so much the "having a good palette" part (if that was directed at me), but the fact that someone thinks a good palette is better than someone else's life thing was what I was trying to get at. If they have that kind of mindset, then they probably don't do a whole lot aside from playing the game 24/7.

If it wasn't directed at me, then ignore the whole thing. Either way, I really don't like those elitest types, and is probably the one thing that makes me actually mad in the game (at least, when they "look down" upon us common folk).

Celi-Ka
Jan 30, 2009, 04:31 PM
Play through Unsafe Passage/Fight for Food if you want to get your feet wet.

Parum should be your target planet to begin. A great starting point would be the Rozenom City missions (Scarred Planet and Lightning Beasts after). Scarred Planet gives great XP and pretty decent MP to start. Lightning Beasts has slightly stronger creatures but gives pretty good MP as well.

There's also the AMF Headquarters missions on the other side of Parum, but the first mission only gives you single-digit MP and is short. The mission after that is 5 blocks long, but if you get through it all you get rewarded handsomely.

Zarode
Jan 30, 2009, 04:52 PM
•Nobody cares about your opinion.
•Shut up.
•Play.
•Be happy.

Tyreek
Jan 30, 2009, 05:06 PM
Wow Zarode. Straight to the point. XD In any case, be sure hit up the Carnival, and grab some Zon Spheres for some easy weaponry and units you can use when you are higher leveled.

BIGGIEstyle
Jan 30, 2009, 05:25 PM
Er..sorry, This is Drex, I don't know why but Seo has "Remember Me" on like Everything I own. >_>

I think she might be trying to tell you something Drex o.0

On Topic: If you're PC/PS2 come to Universe 7 at the Mission Carnival and ask around for the Guillotine Cross. We run rampant there and we'd be happy to help you out ^_^

Inochi Kamunagi
Feb 1, 2009, 06:32 PM
Join Parties at the carnival, you can get spheres, get plasma weapons, and even try out the bonus mission. :3

matchboxmatt
Feb 2, 2009, 03:17 AM
you guys need to work on your comebacks, holy cow.

Cross313
Feb 2, 2009, 04:53 PM
Does PSU have any guild/clan/team support?

Thanks for all the tips, appreciate it.

matchboxmatt
Feb 2, 2009, 05:09 PM
Does PSU have any guild/clan/team support?

Thanks for all the tips, appreciate it.

Nope.

Cross313
Feb 3, 2009, 09:49 AM
Blarg.

Ah well, guess it does the old school style and you just gotta get lucky and find one. :P

Cross313
Feb 3, 2009, 09:52 AM
Also, where do you find the carnival missions? I looked around a bit yesterday but I didn't see any.. I think.

Calsetes
Feb 3, 2009, 10:12 AM
Guardians Colony, floor 3 (Shopping B), it's to the right of Club Commune (if coming from the 2nd floor, head left, then head right, it'll say "Event Area" when you go near the doors).

Took me a minute to find it too, thought it'd be in the Club where 1-Up Cup was.