PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 PM combat change?

_Vyser_
Jan 30, 2009, 03:30 PM
I haven't used my MF's GH424 PM in awhile. Today, I decided to bring it on a few runs with me. Did they make that PM even more stupid? The reason i got that PM was because it would go off on its own, spamming PAs. All that PM does now is follow me and rarely attacks the enemies...it feels like it has the AI of one of the gunning-type PMs, but is using an axe. :argh:

ashley50
Jan 30, 2009, 04:01 PM
Change?
Since when did it change? ;l

they're distractions not fighters or w/e...

_Vyser_
Jan 30, 2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah, this was the only PM type that actually did damage. For whatever reason, the PM is acting strange.

ashley50
Jan 30, 2009, 04:11 PM
they always act strange to me, so no surprise :)

Gunslinger-08
Jan 30, 2009, 04:30 PM
The only NPC A.I. change I've heard about was the adjustment they did on Hyuga. I don't remember anything about a PM adjustment of any kind.

(Battle stat doesn't affect A.I., does it?)

Celi-Ka
Jan 30, 2009, 04:33 PM
I hear that they do get better in battle as their B ST increases. In the end though they're best used as meat shields.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 30, 2009, 04:33 PM
Mine still works like a champ, but I'm using the GH 422 model. She's mean as fuck and isn't THAT retarded

desturel
Jan 30, 2009, 04:45 PM
The only NPC A.I. change I've heard about was the adjustment they did on Hyuga. I don't remember anything about a PM adjustment of any kind.

(Battle stat doesn't affect A.I., does it?)

Hyuga had a number of weapons changes. He now has a Dark Del Jagnus with Splendor Crush 21 and an HP drain ability. Previously he used Dual Durandal with Splendor Crush 11. That and he's more aggressive when he fights. Other than that, he seems about the same as always.

Also I have two PMs at level 200 Battle Stat and they don't fight any better than the PMs I have at 10 B.St even when switching them to be the exact same model.

Smidge204
Jan 30, 2009, 05:31 PM
I know that increasing B. Stat will unlock additional abilities (e.g. not all weapons/attacks are immediately available for the PM to use) but other than that I don't think much changes.

Maybe your memory is just a little too rosy, and in fact it ALWAYS sucked.
=Smidge=

Seira7
Jan 30, 2009, 05:42 PM
Maybe a characters type has an effect on the way they perform? Probably not, as you were probably a MF the last time you used her. As mentioned, however, they are best used as meat shields. I like the 450 model best because she stays alive while tanking, there may be better choices howver.

tadtwisted
Jan 30, 2009, 05:50 PM
Mine still works like a champ, but I'm using the GH 422 model. She's mean as fuck and isn't THAT retarded

i gotta agree i gave mine the ex422 and she kicks ass, the only thing is she lags a little on the healing but when i bring bruce also it is the second best npc combo you can bring (i thinkg my bot and curtz is the best) and she has the strum buster as a SUV so you dont have to worry about it facing the wrong direction when it does decide to bust out a SUV

_Vyser_
Jan 31, 2009, 12:45 AM
Yeah, this character has always been a force type, so I'm usually not up close. I specifically got this PM because it would go off on its own. For whatever reason, it is acting like a normal PM. I wonder if the event has something to do with it. I've never had an issue where my PM would be stuck running into a wall going the opposite direction of me until I started playing that glitched level (shock staff).

I guess I'll just have to treat it like every other meatshield NPC in this game. It used to spam Jabroga all the time too :/

fayt6
Jan 31, 2009, 12:53 AM
side note question, do the offline npcs have better ai just wondering

_Vyser_
Jan 31, 2009, 01:13 AM
Dunno. I didn't play offline for more than 6 hours.

For whatever reason, my PM is back to her old self! O_o She has been running off spamming PAs for most of the mission now. I have no clue what happened for the past few runs. I guess logging off fixed it?:-?

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 1, 2009, 07:10 PM
Best PM's i ever used was 470 the butler and 424 i find the 4x4 series usually do the most damage for me and actually use their suvs.