PDA

View Full Version : how does PSU compare...

fay
Jan 31, 2009, 10:54 AM
to other MMO RPGS?
iv heard lots of good things about Final Fantasy and i know tehre are a few people on here who play it/ prefer it .
is that the only good one though?

reason being i wanna quit PSU for good. ever since i heard about the lightning carnival i played till this was out. to be fair its actually a lot more dissapointing than i though. i always had this image of the carnival being teh best thing to have happened to this game. i was wrong.

so yea. i wanna pick up another MMO RPG once this carnival is over with but im unsure which one i wanna head towards. dont wanna start WOW though. iv heard that once you start that game it more or less easts away at your soul....

also once i quit for good, this time. i will be giving all my stuff away again. lot of nice stuff to give away. this includes if i get a yasha from this event then that also goes to the lucky one.

xBladeM6x
Jan 31, 2009, 11:48 AM
The carnival does get better, you just have to wait. But if you are looking to play another MMO like PSU, or just "better" then I would suggest Ragnarok 2 or Final Fantasy. But the only thing about Final Fantasy is that no matter how creative or "good" it is, you will always be waiting for hours just to find a party, and it takes an exsessive amount of time to do anything.

Arika
Jan 31, 2009, 11:52 AM
PSU seem to be more suitable for casual players, because it allow you to come later and catch up easy with event, while if you are on PvP game like wow, that will be your full time job.

anyway, on the topic like this, please be sure don't go into war again.

Seority
Jan 31, 2009, 12:37 PM
-starts war-

I'd say you can drop the english servers but not the game intirely.
Go to the Japanese servers. MUCH more people there and more missions to do n' such. (Just need a little help translating lol.)

Do you have a pwand to give away? :D

fay
Jan 31, 2009, 12:46 PM
hmm. maby final fantasy then. how come it takes agres to find a team though lol?

this game is my full time job tbh lol. i spend all day on it every day =[...which would explain my bordom.
i suppose i could just take like a 5 month break from it. but then wheni come back ill have no life again

DreXxiN
Jan 31, 2009, 02:56 PM
Unfortunately the carnival really sucks at this state, it's bound to get better..

Quick MMO's all together, if you play this one all day, you'll play other ones all day too.

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Jan 31, 2009, 03:03 PM
Well no matter what you do and what MMO you end up with, you will always be plagued with the middle school kids that seem to think they run everything. Besides PSU, I play Maplestory on spare time. Its all about what kind of stuff your into. MS has mages, archers, bandits, assassins aka ninja star throwers, and warriors. The game is full of quests and supportive players minus the little kids. That is just one suggestion from myself and not to start anything but I heard from friends that Final Fantasy was just BORING as hell.

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 31, 2009, 03:41 PM
There a nice mmorpg out called La tale but if your bored on psu just take a 3 month break like most people do and come back when its somethine worth playing for.

Gibdozer
Jan 31, 2009, 06:24 PM
do you already have final fantasy? I have the special edition one with all the expansions (complete). if you wanna work out a lil trade?

fay
Jan 31, 2009, 06:41 PM
do you already have final fantasy? I have the special edition one with all the expansions (complete). if you wanna work out a lil trade?

actually i think i do have those disks and the codes. i just never played it because i had to pay online and the price was high. probably not high to you guys but i can barely afford PSU :/

Rust
Jan 31, 2009, 07:16 PM
I'd have recommended Dungeons & Dragons Online, which is one I'm playing along with PSU, but it's pretty casual-friendly as well. If you're going to spend your whole time on it, maybe that's not the game for you.
There's quite a lot of different quests to do, and I guess you could still be busy once capped since you probably wouldn't have done everything (there is much more XP obtainable than what you need to cap), and there is pretty much always Raid parties full of capped characters going on all day (on the very small EU servers, so on the US ones, that's probably even more).

I like it because there's several different kind of challenges to deal with (from massive multi-kill butchery to platformers), you have a control over stats customizations for your characters (not that much for appearance, sadly) and the combat system is pretty active - my macro bars are more like a PSU weapon palette with different weapons, armors and potions than a regular skill MMO bar. I found the community on the EU servers pretty friendly and opened to any kind of gameplay (from fast XP rate rushers to RPing slowpokes), so I guess that's about the same on the US ones.

I had to pay additionnal taxes for it since I'm in EU and the billing system is all US, but I'd say the online fee is quite expensive, even though you can lower it by buying several months at once. Also, it requires far more teamwork than PSU ; if you don't know your role in the party, you usually end up dead in mid-level quests and higher, and you sometimes also make all the party get wiped that way, but FFXI is pretty much the same for that matter.

I think there's a 10-day free trial if you ever want to check it out.

Commodore 64
Feb 1, 2009, 12:38 PM
If you have lots of free time to dump into a MMORPGer, FFXI is where it's at. I've been playing it for about five years now, and it's got one of the deepest combat systems of any game I've played. However, the initial time investment is HUGE, getting your first job to 75, and establishing your character with gears, and getting a good reputation in a good Linkshell (FFXIs equivalent of Guilds) is a LONG marathon. The initial grind to 75 will take at least five hours of playtime per sitting, and that turns off lots of people. Even once you get to the end game, your average playtime per sitting will still be around three hours. If you have the time to burn, it's a great game.

PSU is totally different than any MMORPGer I've played. You can literally play PSU an hour a sitting, and still make progress. I log in, check my shop, do a mission, go back to my room, put some more items up for sale, log out. Doing this I've gone from 59 to 67 in like five days.

I don't have the time to play FFXI right now, hence the reactivating of my PSU account.