PDA

View Full Version : Statistical help (Guide added, updated questions)

Genoa
Jan 31, 2009, 12:26 PM
Okay, I haven't yet got the game yet, however, I wanted to know some of the basics first.
I have Lionhearts' stat guide and I also have a translation guide that helps show me a lot of the games statistics.
However, I was curious about a few things (I really don't know too much about PSZ yet)

1. Are there special character bonus'? Like Forces had specific tech bonus' in PSO? (i.e., FOmarl having 2x S/D/R/A range and +50% Grants damage)

2. Do some characters have more efficient attack animations than others? (or do PA's really only matter?)

3. TST?? lolwut

4. Do CASTs have HP recovery and Newmans have PP recovery?

5. What are equipments available to each character? Does it vary each character or simply character type?

6. PA / Tech level caps for each character?

I tried finding out some of this information myself, but I couldn't really get good answers.

EDIT: Additional questions:

CAST trap availability:
HUcast: Lv20 Light Ice Trap
HUcaseal: Lv20 Heal Light Traps
RAcast: Lv20 Ice Trap Heat?
RAcaseal: Lv20 Heel Heat Traps?
(anyone explain???)

Insane question time... I don't expect people to really know all the answers, but I don't know how much is already known about PSZ, so I thought I'd throw it all out there and get a few good answers.

-= Techniques...
1. I hear they work in 5 level intervals for increased tiers. I'm assuming tech % increases EVERY level, but as far as animation, SE, and/or AoE... this is every 5 levels, no?
Regardless, what are the SE levels for each tier of each tech?
2. How many targets are hit by each tech each tier?
3. Also, I notice there isn't some kind of tech for removing abnormal status effects... does Resta have some way of fixing a negative SE? And if so, does it remove ANY negative SE?
4. Does the Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure level ONLY matter at 6 and 11? Or does it's AoE or duration get any kind of addition to it with each level...
5. Is J/Z a 100% successful tech? (on psu enemies would sometimes not be effected until you casted it like, 3-4 times....) This is assuming a target is NOT immune to debuffing.

-= Status effects...
7. What are all of them?
8. How long do durations last? (per tier, per SE)
9. For DoT SE's, what is the damage % and intervals between each damage tick (per tier)
10. For disabling SE's, what all is disabled? Like... if I were to be shocked, can I move? Can I cast TECHS? (per tier)

-= Traps...
11. I don't know a SINGLE thing about them other than that CASTs can see them, destroy them, and use them... so firstly, what are the trap types?
12. How do CASTs obtain them? And how many can they have. Does character level play any role in traps?

-= Defensive equipment...
13. I know there are units, but how are they added to your armor/frame/robe? Like, what kind of system do they use. PSO had 0-4 slots on an armor, any unit of your choosing. PSU had 0-4 slots, but they were limited to a type of unit (head/arm/body/extra). Or is it a new system?
14. What's the primary difference between armor/frame/robe? Is it just stats?
15. Is Weapon, Armor/Frame/Robe, (units), and MAG all of your equipment?

-= Mags (oh gawd...)
16. Factors on leveling and Photon Blast obtainment.
17. What raises what stats? (or does it vary depending on what mag it currently is)
18. Time intervals between feeds (It is 5 feeds at one time, correct?)
19. Any factors on mag other than the stats and Photon blasts? (like how PSO had IQ and Synchro)
20. Number of evolutions a mag goes through.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guide information I've collected:
Maximum Character level: 100
Three Character slots per cartridge

Force bonus':
Forces have a 75% damage reduction from technique attacks
FOmar gets boost with Foie, Barta, Zonde, Rafoie, Rabarta, and Razonde. (+20%)
FOmarl gets boost with Grants (+25%) and Resta (+30%).
FOnewm gets boost with all attack techs (+15%) and slight penalty to Resta (-30%)
FOnewearl gets boost to Megid (+25%) and Resta (+30%)

CAST trap availability:

Race specialties:
Humans can use +20 more materials than CASTs and Newmans. Humans can use up to 100 materials as where CASTs and Newmans can use up to 80 materials.
CASTs can see traps, destroy traps, and use traps (bought buy a vendor)
CASTs are immune to poison status
CASTs have natural HP recovery (+1% every 5 seconds ; +5% at rest)
Newmans have natural PP recovery (+1% every 5 seconds ; +5% at rest)

Race penalties:
Humans and Newmans cannot see traps nor use them
CASTs cannot use techniques

Technique caps:
Forces: lvl.15 (all techniques available)
Hunters: lvl.10 for Humans/Newmans (no access to Grants, Megid, Jellen, or Zalure)
Rangers: lvl.10 for Humans (no access to Grants, Megid, Shifta, or Deband)
[CASTs cannot use techniques]

Difficulties:
-= Normal
-= Hard
Prerequisite:
Offline: Complete the story on Normal
*Online: Must be at least Lv30.
-= Super Hard:
Prerequisite:
Offline: Complete all sub-quests on Hard mode.
*Online: Must be at least Lv60
*NOTE: Online play is slightly more difficult than Offline play

Photon Blasts:
-= A big Centaur type creature that shoots in a linear path causing heavy damage with a chance of incapacitation as well. If chained with another photon blast(s), the damage is increased (the more people the more damage).

-= A large Dragon-type creature that flies in a circle around the room, causes damage to every enemy in the room and additionally adds paralysis. If chained with another photon blast(s), the damage is increased as well as the duration of the paralysis (the more people the more damage/duration of paralysis).

-= A sort of small flying snake, flies around the room casting permanent Shifta/Deband on you and Jellen/Zalure on enemies until it disappears. If chained with another photon blast(s), the duration of Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure is increased.

-= Two small creatures pop up giving positive status effects to you. If chained, party members participating in chain will also gain positive status effects. Additional effects vary on how many people are in the chain:
Just you: Infinite PP for a while
You and 1 person: Infinite PP and Halved Charge time for techs and PAs for a while.
You and 2 people: Infinite PP, Halved Charge time and All Attacks Critical for a while.
You and 3 people: Infinite PP, Halved Charge time, All Criticals and Immune to all damage and status effects for a while.
----------------
Lv100 base stat graphs:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2029/huntersstatsvf5.jpg

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8663/rangersstatsxq6.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5023/forcestatsxa8.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
---------------------
Any corrections/additions to this would be greatly appreciated.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 31, 2009, 01:10 PM
1. Are there special character bonus'? Like Forces had specific tech bonus' in PSO? (i.e., FOmarl having 2x S/D/R/A range and +50% Grants damage)
Humans get to use 100 Materials, 20 more than Newmans and CASTs.
CASTs can see traps (and destroy them. making it useful. lol psu) and are immune to poison.
FOmar gets a boost to Foie, Barta and Zonde.
FOmarl gets a boost to Grants and Resta recovery.
FOnewm gets a boost to ALL Attack Techs and a slight penalty to Resta recovery.
FOnewearl gets a boost to Megid and Resta recovery.

2. Do some characters have more efficient attack animations than others? (or do PA's really only matter?)
I'm pretty sure all characters have the same attack animations. You wont be spamming PA's like in PSU, PA's are more situational in this game, normal attacks are what you use mostly.

3. TST?? lolwut
Err... same here.

4. Do CASTs have HP recovery and Newmans have PP recovery?
Yes, there are also units that achieve the same effect. Lv1-5 HP recovery and Lv1-5 PP recovery, the higher level units are quite effective.

5. What are equipments available to each character? Does it vary each character or simply character type?
Weapon types are generally what you would expect, Melee for Hunters, Guns for Rangers etc. however its not as black and white as PSU, there are certain series of weapons that other types will be able to use, for example CAST Hunters can use some Rifles, Rangers can use most Spears and Forces can use some of the Twin Daggers. Rare weapons are also sometimes available to everyone, like the Double Saber, Stag Cutlery, Twin Brand and Claire Doubles line of Double Sabers (as almost all other Doubles are Hunter exclusive.) So yes a LOT of variety with weapons.

6. PA / Tech level caps for each character?
Lv10 Techs for Human and Newman Hunters and Human Rangers. Lv15 Techs for all Forces. Forces have access to every Technique.
Grants and Megid are exclusive to Forces, Hunters get Shifta and Deband and Rangers get Jellen and Zalure.
CASTs can no longer use Techs like in PSO, also like in PSO they have exclusive use of Traps. PA's do not level at all, they are related to your weapon and not your character.

DanMalak
Jan 31, 2009, 01:11 PM
This is from my little knowledge of playing...
1. What Sodandy said.

2. No, although I hardly use PA's since I'm a force.

3. No clue, sounds like a mix between TP and MST.

4. Yea

5. Some shields are for certain class types, and each shield has a certain number of barriers, you can equip any slots on these barriers (so you can have 4x of the same slot on a shield). Like in PSO

6. Cap for Techs is 15, for PA's they don't level. The PA lvl is set on the weapon itself.

_Vyser_
Jan 31, 2009, 02:05 PM
Whew, great job explaining everyone! I don't have much to talk about now D:

I only have one question though:

6. The PA lvl is set on the weapon itself.

I'm pretty sure there are no PA levels in this game, it's just the PA on the weapon. Perhaps a typo? I'll go into detail on PAs just in case there's any confusion:

Like elements, PAs are random for the most part. If you pick up a lot of the same weapon, chances are that they wont all have the same elements, attributes or PAs. Sometimes there isn't even a PA on the weapon, while other times, there can only be one type of PA found on the weapon (not many weapon besides the rare ones are like this from what I've noticed.) In order to use the PA, you need to charge your weapon to use it. Some take longer to charge than others (limits the PA spamming found in PSU! Yay!). I think that covers it...feel free to add anything I missed.

Xido
Jan 31, 2009, 02:14 PM
3. Me and my friends have come to believe that TST stands for Total Stats, and is just a total of all the stats they have at level 100 to display who has the most and who has the least. Just a guess?
Edit: Just added up the stats for HUcasts, and it did come out to be 2695, which is the TST for HUcasts on the guide.

DanMalak
Jan 31, 2009, 02:18 PM
Oh woops, I don't know why I said that...Was probably thinking of status effect at the time. (there are status effect levels, right?)

LionHeart-
Jan 31, 2009, 10:34 PM
3. Me and my friends have come to believe that TST stands for Total Stats, and is just a total of all the stats they have at level 100 to display who has the most and who has the least. Just a guess?
Edit: Just added up the stats for HUcasts, and it did come out to be 2695, which is the TST for HUcasts on the guide.

I agree with you there. Thats what I actually thought when I saw it. I think its something the Japanese put together on their wiki, for a reason I dunno why lol.

2) > I notice that the females have a slightly different attack animations on a few weapons then the males (not speaking about Photon Arts), as usual like in PSO/PSU.

3) > To add to the regen. Yes they do have their ability to regen their HP/PP but in PS0 the HP/PP recovery rate is alot different to PSO. In PSO it was 1 every second or so at a high level but in PS0 its like 15-30 every few seconds. With a HP/PP recovery unit you'll end up gaining alot of it back for a short amount of time, they are verygood. Oh and also, you gain HP/PP while running to but i'm not so sure if its like 75/50/25% of the standing regen or the same.

5) > Adding to it. It seems that the only requirements for weapons/armors/techs are levels. So theres no ATP/ATA/MST/DEF requirements anymore just levels and as usual the higher the star rate the higher level you'll have to be to use it.

AFAIK status effect level ranges from 1-4 but I think you can get a unit which makes it 1 level more but not sure if it goes over the cap.

Also, sodandy thanks for the force information, ;] I forgot where I saw it the first time lol!

_Vyser_
Feb 1, 2009, 12:00 AM
In PSZ, you gain roughly 1% of your HP/PP while moving (the % is weird though. At 200 hp, you gain 2 hp per 5 seconds or so. At 270 hp, you get 3 hp per 5 seconds. It's basically 1% of your HP/PP, but the number rounds up at X7X HP/PP). You gain a lot more once you stand still long enough for 2 regens (roughly 10 seconds I believe). Currently, my HUcast is level 88 and gets 42 hp when I stand still. The number has been increasing by 1 hp every level so far. The moment you move, the regen will reset to 1% again.

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 12:25 AM
Outstanding feedback, thank you all.
I got nifty information that I didn't even ask for on top of all my answered questions ;)
I'm especially excited to know that equipment is dependent on character level rather than stats. It was depressing to see extremely low levels on PSO whoop more ass than considerably higher levels simply because they had ubber gear on :/

EDIT: One more quick question...
I understand now that PA level is set to the weapon, but about techs... do they level by use like PSU or do you learn disks like PSO... or is it a different method.

Xido
Feb 1, 2009, 12:29 AM
You have to buy or find new and higher leveled disks.

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 12:31 AM
Ah I see.
Oh, and how are the "photon blasts" or whatever they call them now, anything new or different?

And how are drops?
Is there some kind of factor that determines drops? (like section ID's to PSO or enemy level to PSU)
Are there ways to set the distribution of rares (like PSU did)

Traps... what all kinds are there and are they formidable foe/weapon of choice?

Lastly, (not including Special Weapons)
What EXACTLY is the weapon distribution among characters?
Apparently they're not exactly like PSO where Hunters, Rangers, and Forces all were limited to a weapon allowance by class... but it sounds like race has to do with weapon allowance as well.
What may they be for each type/race? :)

Xido
Feb 1, 2009, 01:12 AM
I can only answer the "Rare distribution" question. Everybody gets their own set of items, so you don't have to worry about rare distribution, if you find a rare, people won't even know about it. But if you find a rare that someone you know wants, then you can just trade with them at the counter after the mission or when you're both just in town.

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 01:40 AM
oh very neat :)

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 07:04 AM
Allow me to get the validation of my information I have gathered, so far it's my little stat guide:

Force bonus':
Forces have a 75% damage reduction from technique attacks
FOmar gets boost with Foie, Barta, and Zonde. (+20%)
FOmarl gets boost with Grants (+25%) and Resta (+30%).
FOnewm gets boost with all attack techs (+15%) and slight penalty to Resta (-30%)
FOnewearl gets boost to Megid (+25%) and Resta (+30%)

CAST trap availability:

Race specialties:
Humans can use +20 more materials than CASTs and Newmans. Humans can use up to 100 materials as where CASTs and Newmans can use up to 80 materials.
CASTs can see traps, destroy traps, and use traps (bought buy a vendor)
CASTs are immune to poison status
CASTs have natural HP recovery (+1% of your maximum HP every 5 seconds ; +5% at rest)
Newmans have natural PP recovery (+1% of your maximum PP every 5 seconds ; +5% at rest)

Race penalties:
Humans and Newmans cannot see traps nor use them
CASTs cannot use techniques

Technique caps:
Forces: lvl.15 (all techniques available)
Hunters: lvl.10 for Humans/Newmans (no access to Grants, Megid, Jellen, or Zalure)
Rangers: lvl.10 for Humans (no access to Grants, Megid, Shifta, or Deband)
[CASTs cannot use techniques]
-----------------------------------------------------
Questions remaining:
1. How are the "photon blasts" or whatever they call them now, anything new or different?

2. Traps... what all kinds are there and are they formidable foe/weapon of choice?

3. Material usage, similar to PSO where HP/TP (PP in this case) were in there own separate category? Or is it one combined total for any and all material types (my assumption).

4. Difficulty modes?

5. (not including Special Weapons)
Apparently they're not exactly like PSO where Hunters, Rangers, and Forces all were limited to a weapon allowance by class... but it sounds like race has to do with weapon allowance as well.
(i.e., Forces in PSO could use Sabers, Slicers, Handguns, Mechguns, Canes, Rods, and Wands)

6. Elemental attributes to melee/guns?
I see something about trading PD's for a specific element types (seems to be for melee). If this is how you add elemental attribute to a melee weapon, is it interchangeable? Or is it permanently attached to that weapon. And do bullets get any form of elemental attribute?

7. What are the requirements to play a higher difficulty on multiplayer? (character level?)

Amherst_Wind
Feb 1, 2009, 08:00 AM
1. How are the "photon blasts" or whatever they call them now, anything new or different?
They're still Photon Blasts :) There are four now, and to describe them loosely based solely on what they do you have:
A big Centaur type creature that shoots straight forward, high damage with a chance of OHKO. Higher damage for the more people in the chain.

A large Dragon type creature that flies in a circle around the room, hits every enemy in the room and causes paralysis. Higher damage and longer paralysis for more people in the chain.

A sort of small flying snake, flies around the room casting permanent Shifta/Deband on you and Jellen/Zalure on enemies until it disappears. Lasts longer for more people in the chain.

The spiritual successor to the Twins on PSO, two small little... things pop up and depending on how many people chained with you (explanation incoming) give you different bonuses
Just you: Infinite PP for a while
You and 1 person: Infinite PP and Halved Charge time for techs and PAs for a while.
You and 2 people: Infinite PP, Halved Charge time and All Attacks Critical for a while.
You and 3 people: Infinite PP, Halved Charge time, All Criticals and Immune to all damage and status effects for a while.
Chaining is similar to in PSO, if you release a PB you can 'hold it' and wait for others to release theirs, after they have released, if you then release your PB will be the only one that activates but it will be more powerful according to how many people chained.

2. Traps... what all kinds are there and are they formidable foe/weapon of choice?
I'll leave this for a cast player to explain.

3. Material usage, similar to PSO where HP/TP (PP in this case) were in there own separate category? Or is it one combined total for any and all material types (my assumption).
As you guessed HP and PP now join the rest of the materials, however HP and PP give +2 while every other material gives +1. There is a new menu on your status that will keep track of your material usage and a new material called Reset Material which as you may think resets all your material usage to 0.

4. Difficulty modes?
7. What are the requirements to play a higher difficulty on multiplayer? (character level?)
Normal, Hard, Super Hard.
Online difficulty is slightly tougher than Offline.
To access Hard offline, complete Normal story. To access Hard online, reach Lv30.
To access Super Hard offline, complete all subquests on Hard mode. To access Super Hard online, reach Lv60.

5. (not including Special Weapons)
(i.e., Forces in PSO could use Sabers, Slicers, Handguns, Mechguns, Canes, Rods, and Wands)
Like I said it really isnt as black and white as even PSO.
If you want to check yourself have a look at this chart on the Japanese Wiki, right at the bottom.
http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pszero.wikiwiki.jp/%3F%25A5%25AD%25A5%25E3%25A5%25E9%25A5%25AF%25A5%2 5BF%25A1%25BC&usg=ALkJrhi-forsBuL3z5-q-vVQqBKzowZNWg
Suffice to say theres at least one weapon of every type that every character can use.

6. Elemental attributes to melee/guns?
I see something about trading PD's for a specific element types (seems to be for melee). If this is how you add elemental attribute to a melee weapon, is it interchangeable? Or is it permanently attached to that weapon. And do bullets get any form of elemental attribute?
I haven't bothered with the Element shop yet but I will say all weapons can have an elemental attribute now, its seperate to anything else and can range from lv1-5, all the usual suspects are there: Heat, Ice, Dark, Light they all give the usual status effects. I think vyser explained it on the first page.

Oh and btw, theres no Newman Rangers ^_^; in the Tech section.

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 08:28 AM
Excellent information :) thank you
Also, I think I understand the weapon usage a bit, however, I'm not exactly sure what a few of these weapon types are >_<

Equipment usage:

Human Hunters:
Sword hand, Great sword, Stiletto twin, Spear length, Cutting nails, Large shield, Two Sword, Gun, Short stick, Flying sword, Armor, Frame. (Bayonet, Machine gun, Cannon)

Newman Hunters:
Sword hand, Great sword, Stiletto twin, Spear Length, Cutting nails, Large Shields, Two Sword, Gun, Stick length, Short Stick, Flying Sword, Frame, Robe. (Bayonet)

Cast Hunters:
Sword Hand, Great Sword, Stiletto Twin, Spear Length, Cutting nails, Large shields, Two Sword, Gun, Short stick, flying sword, armor, frame. (Long gun, Bayonet, Machine gun, Photon Gun)

Human Rangers:
Sword hand, Spear length, Gun, Long gun, Bayonet, machine gun, cannon, photon gun, short stick, frame, robe. (flying sword)

Cast Ranger:
Sword hand, Spear length, Gun, Long gun, Bayonet, Machine gun, Cannon, Photon gun, Short stick, armor, frame. (cutting nails, flying sword)

Human Force:
Sword hand, gun, machine gun, stick length, short stick, flying sword, frame, robe. (stiletto twin, large shield, cannon)

Newman Force:
Sword hand, Gun, Stick length, Short stick, flying sword, frame, robe. (stiletto twin, large shield)

I'm assuming that items in parenthesis (something I did, on the site it's the Triangle symbol) are weapons that CAN be used by that type, but only specific SPECIAL weapons allow access to the type?
(i.e., Forces on pso couldn't use partisans, but they could use, say... Soul Eater)

Amherst_Wind
Feb 1, 2009, 08:55 AM
First of all I guess the names of all the weapons would be useful.

Saber, Sword, Twin Dagger, Spear, Claw, Shield, Double Saber.
Handgun, Rifle, Gunblade, Mechgun, Cannon, Photon Laser.
Rod, Wand, Slicer.

There are lines of weapons in this game, sort of like the GRM, Yohmei and Tenora lines of weapons in PSU, so just like you have the basic Saber in PSU but you also have the Sevara and the Sabra.
Now looking at Gunblades theres a line that looks like rifles with metal bayonets on the end(manmade look), Rangers and Human Hunters can use them.
Theres a line that looks like a large photon saber, Rangers and Cast Hunters can use them.
Lastly theres a line that looks very Newman inspired with frills and curves in the design, Rangers and Newman Hunters can use them.
Probably the story helps here a bit as it explains the whole Cast/Human/Newman divide.

All the weapons in the game have these different lines, so it might help to imagine it like PSU, except the manufacturer weapons are sometimes available to that Race even if the weapon wouldnt normally be used by that type. The obvious example would be that Cast Hunters can use the Photon line of Rifles.

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 09:00 AM
First of all I guess the names of all the weapons would be useful.

Saber, Sword, Twin Dagger, Spear, Claw, Shield, Double Saber.
Handgun, Rifle, Gunblade, Mechgun, Cannon, Photon Laser.
Rod, Wand, Slicer.

There are lines of weapons in this game, sort of like the GRM, Yohmei and Tenora lines of weapons in PSU, so just like you have the basic Saber in PSU but you also have the Sevara and the Sabra.
Now looking at Gunblades theres a line that looks like rifles with metal bayonets on the end(manmade look), Rangers and Human Hunters can use them.
Theres a line that looks like a large photon saber, Rangers and Cast Hunters can use them.
Lastly theres a line that looks very Newman inspired with frills and curves in the design, Rangers and Newman Hunters can use them.
Probably the story helps here a bit as it explains the whole Cast/Human/Newman divide.

All the weapons in the game have these different lines, so it might help to imagine it like PSU, except the manufacturer weapons are sometimes available to that Race even if the weapon wouldnt normally be used by that type. The obvious example would be that Cast Hunters can use the Photon line of Rifles.
oh <_> goodness, quite diverse. Thanks for the clarification.

I think that's a great idea for weapon usage actually. Being able to use at LEAST one of every type on any character has got to be cool :)
*desires to have FOmarl run around with Photon Laser*

Amherst_Wind
Feb 1, 2009, 09:23 AM
It is diverse, and yeah its a great idea! Hunters using Rifles!? In my Phantasy Star!?

Oh, I tidied up that chart a bit.

http://tway.ninja.googlepages.com/PSZeroWepTypes.JPG

So to clarify weapon usage;

◎ means that character can use almost all of that type of weapons except maybe some exclusive weapons.

△ means there is a line of that weapon that the type can use, aswell as some of the special weapons.

× means there is no line that type can use, so usage is limited to special weapons. As such × does not mean 'Cant use' because like I mentioned there is at least one weapon of every type that every character can use.

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 09:26 AM
It is diverse, and yeah its a great idea! Hunters using Rifles!? In my Phantasy Star!?

Oh, I tidied up that chart a bit.

http://tway.ninja.googlepages.com/PSZeroWepTypes.JPG

*yoink*
Awesome ;) thanks again

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 08:19 PM
EDIT: I've created bar graphs for Lv100 character base stats...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2029/huntersstatsvf5.jpg

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8663/rangersstatsxq6.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5023/forcestatsxa8.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

_Vyser_
Feb 1, 2009, 11:26 PM
oh wow, you all have been quite busy since I've last checked! Great info, even I've learned a few things. Still have questions on traps?

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 11:50 PM
Traps are still mysterious to me, any elaboration would help tremendously :)

Genoa
Feb 2, 2009, 02:35 AM
Insane question time... I don't expect people to really know all the answers, but I don't know how much is already known about PSZ, so I thought I'd throw it all out there and get a few good answers.

-= Techniques...
1. I hear they work in 5 level intervals for increased tiers. I'm assuming tech % increases EVERY level, but as far as animation, SE, and/or AoE... this is every 5 levels, no?
3. Also, I notice there isn't some kind of tech for removing abnormal status effects... does Resta have some way of fixing a negative SE? And if so, does it remove ANY negative SE?
4. Does the Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure level ONLY matter at 6 and 11? Or does it's AoE or duration get any kind of addition to it with each level...
5. Is J/Z a 100% successful tech? (on psu enemies would sometimes not be effected until you casted it like, 3-4 times....) This is assuming a target is NOT immune to debuffing.

-= Status effects...
7. What are all of them?
9. For DoT SE's, what is the damage % and intervals between each damage tick (per tier)
10. For disabling SE's, what all is disabled? Like... if I were to be shocked, can I move? Can I cast TECHS? (per tier)

-= Traps...
11. I don't know a SINGLE thing about them other than that CASTs can see them, destroy them, and use them... so firstly, what are the trap types?
12. How do CASTs obtain them? And how many can they have. Does character level play any role in traps?

13. I know there are units, but how are they added to your armor/frame/robe? Like, what kind of system do they use. PSO had 0-4 slots on an armor, any unit of your choosing. PSU had 0-4 slots, but they were limited to a type of unit (head/arm/body/extra). Or is it a new system?

-= Mags (oh gawd...)
17. What raises what stats? (or does it vary depending on what mag it currently is)
19. Any factors on mag other than the stats and Photon blasts? (like how PSO had IQ and Synchro)

Amherst_Wind
Feb 2, 2009, 09:22 AM
...Well I answered almost all of them, why stop now. xD

-= Techniques...

1. You dont get the same kind of info on techs as you did in PSU with % and status Lv, its much more like PSO. If you want to find out you'll have to have a look at the Japanese PS Zero wiki again. http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pszero.wikiwiki.jp/%3F%25A5%25C6%25A5%25AF%25A5%25CB%25A5%25C3%25A5%2 5AF&usg=ALkJrhg95WwmA5QQsgajnFfmkXVMWoAMHQ
2. Most techs work like they did in PSO and PSU, Foie and Zonde target 1, Barta hits all in a line, most of the charged techs hit a medium area in front of you.
3. There is, Anti. Charging it (aswell as making it effect an area like the other heal/buff techs) also makes it act as Reverser, reviving all KO chars with 1HP.
4. I think it gets a range increase as it levels but the effect of the Shifta itself will only increase at 6 and 11 like you said.
5. Yeah, 100% effective on enemies it can effect, which is all enemies and no bosses (except one boss) I think...

-= Status effects...
7. What are all of them?

7. Burn, Freeze, Paralysis, Confuse, Poison, Slow, (Jellen and Zalure)
8. & 9. If in doubt, check the wiki. http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pszero.wikiwiki.jp/%3F%25BE%25F5%25C2%25D6%25B0%25DB%25BE%25EF%25A1%2 5A6%25BE%25F5%25C2%25D6%25CA%25D1%25B2%25BD&usg=ALkJrhh64zgqBrKoa2xxNk25jsomSGWXhw
Burn= Can move, Can attack, DoT, you flinch when you take the damage which interupts combos.
Freeze= Can't move, Can't attack.
Paralysis= Can move, Can't attack (lasts a ridiculously short time)
Confuse= Constantly moving in any direction unable to control, Can attack, (you can open the menu to stop moving)
Poison= Can move, Can attack, DoT, you flinch when you take the damage which interupts combos.
Slow= Can move SLOWLY, Can attack SLOWLY, seriously its really slow.

-= Traps...

11. Well first I'll just say anyone can destroy the traps when they pop up or if they use a trap vision, I was just pointing out how CASTs automatically seeing them is useful now (unlike in PSU) as they can destroy them aswell ^_^;
12. You buy the traps in shops, so its more like in PSU than PSO.

13. Exactly the same as PSO. Except for a lack of Add Slots, so the number of slots you have is what you're stuck with.
14. Armor is Hunter only, Frames are for everyone, Robes are Non-Hunter only.
Armor and Robes can have a maximum of 4 slots, Frames will always have a maximum of 3.
In terms of the balance between Defense and Evade I'll use PSU to explain it; Armor=Yohmei (High Def), Frames=GRM (Roughly even), Robes=Tenora (High Evade).
Also like in PSO you have the old % guard against elements, Armor boosts Fire,Ice,Elec slightly. Frames boost Light and Dark moderately. Robes boost all elements greatly.
15. Yep

-= Mags (oh gawd...)

16. Photon Blast is entirely dependant on which Mag you have, if you use a Mag Heart to get a Rare Mag, you have the PB of the Mag it was before you used the Heart.
17. Weapons raise the stat of what type of weapon they are, armors and units raise Def. Its that simple now, random healing items and misc items also raise stats in different ways but now you can feed Mags weapons its FAR FAR FAR easier to just use them. Also VERY easy to get pure Mags. Also items will always give the same amount to the Mags stats despite the level, or evo. stage of the Mag.
18. I think its 3 minutes... might be 5 minutes maybe.
19. IQ is gone, Synchro is back, Personality is new. Personality is what now effects what you Mag does in different situations (PB full, Boss fight, Critical HP etc.) The personality changes depending on what things you are feeding it. Mags can cast Shifta and Deband, Resta, Anti, Restore PP and Revive I think.
20. It evolves 3 times, so there are four stages (including the basic Mag) It can evolve any number of times using Mag Hearts to turn it into a Rare Mag.

Genoa
Feb 2, 2009, 02:17 PM
excellentness :D
thanks again :P
*is very excited about how Mags work now*

Amherst_Wind
Feb 2, 2009, 02:25 PM
Oh, I did neglect to mention that Mags use the same kind of system as PSO to level and evolve. Depending on what stat is highest will effect which evolution path it takes, there are some Mag guides out there, might wanna go have a look at them before raising some. I'm sure someone could make a pretty chart but I haven't seen one yet. :)

_Vyser_
Feb 2, 2009, 03:43 PM
Very good information. I've been thinking about making a one-stop-one-post topic for all these kinds of questions and answers (a FAQ if you will). With your permission, I'd like to use the posts here and gather them into one easy-to-use post. Of course, credit will be given to the original posters. In addition to this, I'll continue to add information (assuming I have time to) to the post if I notice any new questions commonly appearing.

Genoa
Feb 2, 2009, 05:59 PM
As long as the people who I gathered information, I don't mind at all.

Valvalion
Feb 2, 2009, 06:08 PM
16. Photon Blast is entirely dependant on which Mag you have, if you use a Mag Heart to get a Rare Mag, you have the PB of the Mag it was before you used the Heart.

I've found this NOT to be true. My photon blast changed the moment I used a Femini heart on it.

Amherst_Wind
Feb 2, 2009, 06:13 PM
Anyone can use anything I've said anyway they like, that goes for the modified weapon chart too. :)

I guess this topic is proof we could use a kind of 'General FAQ' topic.

About the Mag Blasts, I can only speak from personal experience of using Rappy, Akazu, Toppi, Lassi and Puyo. None of them changed the Blast, but I have never used a Femini Heart or the others, so I was just assuming (with the Japanese wiki as backup, it says none of the Hearts should change the Blast).

Mike
Feb 2, 2009, 07:00 PM
About the Mag Blasts, I can only speak from personal experience of using Rappy, Akazu, Toppi, Lassi and Puyo. None of them changed the Blast, but I have never used a Femini Heart or the others, so I was just assuming (with the Japanese wiki as backup, it says none of the Hearts should change the Blast).

This is true. I've used an Arcers Heart and a Femini Heart on different mags and the PB didn't change.

LionHeart-
Feb 2, 2009, 07:03 PM
-= Traps...

11. Well first I'll just say anyone can destroy the traps when they pop up or if they use a trap vision, I was just pointing out how CASTs automatically seeing them is useful now (unlike in PSU) as they can destroy them aswell ^_^;
12. You buy the traps in shops, so its more like in PSU than PSO.
To add to Sodandy's post:

Most of the credit goes to the JP Wiki for validation. i'll try and translate it in my own words.

1) Firstly, you can't spam traps like in PSO/PSU, for example: If I lay down a Burn trap and then lay down a Heal trap, that Burn trap will be dismissed and my Heal trap will replace it. So basically you're only allowed to have 1 trap going off at a time, even if you wanted another of the same trap, it will only reset itself.

I'm not totally sure if the rules applies to team members who set off a trap at the same time you did.

2) You can't recover traps any means possible such as finding them from a box or leveling up. So buying them from shop is only way possible to have traps.

3) You can detonate traps manually which are already placed in the field with Trap vision or being a CAST. Your own traps on the other hand can only go off automatically, you can never shoot them for detonation like on PSO.

4) Traps can be used via palette or menu, which is handy.

5) Your CAST character starts off with a maximum possession of 5 traps. At level 20, you will gain an extra trap corresponding to your profession. For example the Hunter CASTs will gain more Confuse & Freeze then Ranger CASTs, while they gain more Burn / Heal traps.

It says the maximum trap hold at level 100 is 10. So i'm guessing every 20 levels you will gain a extra trap.

The left one is taken straight from the JP Wiki. While the right one is what your character traps should look like at level 100.

Genoa
Feb 2, 2009, 11:43 PM
Excellent trap data, thank you.