PDA

View Full Version : A few SUV questions

robinhood
Jan 31, 2009, 02:32 PM
On my Cast I'm level 30 and am wondering the best way to acquire an SUV weapon for now.

Psupedia says I need a line shield. Is a shield different than 'armor' ? And how will I know if the shield has the slot required for an SUV weapon? I understand the shield must match or exceed in rank the SUV that will be equipped.

Any response would be appreciated, thanks.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 31, 2009, 02:46 PM
Line shields are what people commonly refer to as "Armor", yes. It will need to have an Extra Slot. SUV weapons are sold at the GRM Store on Parum.

Smidge204
Jan 31, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yes, Line shields = armor

Specifically, you need one with an "Extra" slot. It'll say in the description.

You can buy most SUVs at the GRM store. The rest are likely available in player shops (for a price).
=Smidge=

robinhood
Jan 31, 2009, 02:52 PM
Also, can I continue to wear B-rank armor once I am a Fortefighter?

Dhylec
Jan 31, 2009, 02:53 PM

You can, but why would you want a weaker armor instead of stronger A or S one?

Ruru
Jan 31, 2009, 07:52 PM

yes you can, but A-S are better
if its a money issue though.
once your high enough you'll find lots of money in no time and A-S rank armor wont be hard to get. ^^

stukasa
Jan 31, 2009, 09:08 PM
Remember, you can only equip an SUV that's the same rank or lower than your line shield rank. If you're wearing a B-rank line shield you can't equip any A or S-rank SUVs.

Sturm and Grom are probably the best SUVs you can buy for now. Once you're able to use S-rank line shields, Paradi Cataract is the best SUV you can get.

darthplagis
Jan 31, 2009, 09:39 PM
asura senba on the 360 at least is a really cheap S rank armour that can be equipped early. it has the extra slot but no body (its meant for acro fighters too).

while paradi cataract may be powerful its effect is very short often only wiping out a spawn and a half, where as the good old sturm attacker hits for longer and has a burn effect, the paradi also gives more stamina