PDA

View Full Version : PSU DEMO(What happend to it???)

Saligun
Jan 31, 2009, 09:38 PM
I haven't been able to get on the PSU demo for along time but i don't get any kind of error message so was it taken down or something???

DesuJet
Jan 31, 2009, 09:46 PM
Why don't you play the full version?

NDW
Jan 31, 2009, 09:47 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid80

S4CT4L1TY
Jan 31, 2009, 09:48 PM
yea im pretty sure it was back in december

Saligun
Jan 31, 2009, 09:50 PM
I play the full version on the PS2 and PSP but i like to hang out on the demo just to kill time and play around when i'm not feeling like playing seriously,beside theres alot of wild stuff to see when you hang around on the demo...

Ryno
Jan 31, 2009, 09:53 PM
yeah it is pretty crazy on the demo.
random people/players message me on PSU and xbox live saying

"age / sex / location"

and

any more detailed things about me or themselves or anything else... 0_0

like phone numbers and sites or making fun

anyways end of story for me.

LuigiMario
Jan 31, 2009, 10:44 PM
It's slowly becoming what is known as PSU.

HyperShot-X-
Feb 1, 2009, 01:22 AM
I wish SEGA might as well bring it down PERMANENTLY while they are at it along with all the abusers in it, there I said it.

I trust PSU demo served it's purpose for advertizement and if ppl on demo haven't subscribed to the full version until now with all the recent updates & events going on, they will never do most likely. It could also motivate some ppl who were hesitant before to actually sign up this time.

As for recruiting any more newbies who have not tried the demo yet if there will be even any left on Live, I'll leave that part upto the current subscribers to try recommending PSU to their friends on list possibly.

If you got extra time to hang out, you should really do so on the full version paid server, not waste it on demo.

HyperShot-X-
Feb 1, 2009, 11:12 AM
If those friends from demo are not playing or hanging out with you on the paid server by now, then you have failed to see the true purpose of demo's existence, seriously.

Tell you what, SEGA should announce demo server permanent closing date around maybe 2-3 weeks after the Carnival is over and should not put it back up again until the event is fully completed. It will then give demo residents time to say good-byes to their friends and their dogs, and for some to plan on singing up togather to the full game server after demo is gone. GM's should make in-game announcement on this if that's even possible on demo server.

Any other Republicans left in the house opposing this demo stimulus bill? :wacko:

Meta77
Feb 1, 2009, 12:10 PM
leave the dumb thing down. Its been 2 freaking years. Surly by now most should have the full game.

buzyb77
Feb 1, 2009, 03:30 PM
I agree Kill the demo....if it is dead keep it dead.....a better option would be to make the real game DLC for 20$ and Freeonline playtimes at random times and thatway maybe more people would play

Chaos320
Feb 2, 2009, 04:08 PM
The demo needed to die, there where more starts on that demo then i have ever seen in the game.

Plus look at it from the business aspect...you have less players on the actual game your making money off of than a free version online...makes since to me

Meta77
Feb 3, 2009, 01:22 PM
for now. sega wont leave the stupid thing up forever.

dexter_safe
Feb 3, 2009, 09:52 PM
thats funny lol. all the friends i knew from the demo pretty much most of them have gone to the full game =P. i guess i can't complain ^^

HyperShot-X-
Feb 3, 2009, 10:57 PM
thats funny lol. all the friends i knew from the demo pretty much most of them have gone to the full game =P. i guess i can't complain ^^
..you mean all your friends left you only on demo server all alone and moved on to the full game?? OMG, friends don't leave a friend behind on PSU demo, NO WAY!!! :-o

jShazBot
Feb 4, 2009, 11:19 PM
..you mean all your friends left you only on demo server all alone and moved on to the full game?? OMG, friends don't leave a friend behind on PSU demo, NO WAY!!! :-o

HyperShot-X has some sort of grudge against the PSU demo. Something probably happened to him on the demo that he doesn't wanna talk about.

dexter_safe
Feb 5, 2009, 10:39 AM
i went from the demo to the full first and they followed. wow u must have a grudge against psu demo like he said lmao

NEOxSNIPER
Feb 5, 2009, 11:32 AM
Looks like I win :] The demo is now back up.

yayz, now tospend countless hourshanging ot and makingfun of randomppl lol.

NEOxSNIPER
Feb 5, 2009, 11:33 AM
HyperShot-X has some sort of grudge against the PSU demo. Something probably happened to him on the demo that he doesn't wanna talk about.

he probably got tbaggedand raped by too many ppl

btw ZERO, send me a friend request and we can play on the dem0

Calsetes
Feb 5, 2009, 12:03 PM
I kind of agree with the whole "take the demo down" thing. I don't play on the 360 servers, but to me it seems like too many people are using it as a free online game, instead of what it's intended to do (i.e. try out the full game). They had it out long enough for people to try it out and like it, and like they said, if anyone's going to buy the game and subscribe to it, they'd have done it by now.

If they want to still have a demo up for people to try, then I'd say make it a single-player offline demo, maybe the first chapter or two - just enough to get people's palettes wet.

DUN
Feb 5, 2009, 12:55 PM
O yay lets shut the demo down woot are you guys honestly dumb?
1.They have events such as play the demo get the hand spear
2.Play and get tails
so yea lets shut it down dont rember any of that shut it down though.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 5, 2009, 01:06 PM
2.Play and get tails
so yea lets shut it down dont rember any of that shut it down though.who cares for p.o.s. stuff like that. Its been a very long time since they have done anything like that and to be honest its not needed. They could easily just put crap like that in your common box anyway.

Calsetes
Feb 5, 2009, 01:08 PM
I didn't know that people were still upgrading to the full game, my mistake (like I said, I don't play on the 360 servers so I don't really know). I'm talking more about the people who use it like I said, as a free-to-play MMO (or at least that's what it sounds like from some people). Maybe if they made a limit to how much time per gamertag you had, or X amount of demo time per console, but that might be getting a bit too advanced.

Anywho, that's just my opinion on it, doesn't affect me one way or the other no matter what they choose (though I wish us PC people could get those items from the demo periods...)

Edit: I'd like the hand spear, I can think of so many naughty things to do with it...................

I have to go now.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 5, 2009, 01:11 PM
Mag+ has the S rank version, so you will be able to poke people with 1 eventually.

HyperShot-X-
Feb 5, 2009, 02:17 PM
i went from the demo to the full first and they followed.
good for you that you cleared that up for yourself.

2.Play and get tails
No, we're not dumb. They haven't been doing any demo promo for far too long and cannot afford to plan on doing any more in the future because they want to focus all their resources on bringing updates to the full server on time. Current Demo is practically useless.

I've seen about 10 - 20 people in the past 2 weeks that have come to the full game because they "recently got the demo, and loved it". So, new people are getting the demo, and coming to the full game.
what about the other hundreds & thousands of ppl living off the demo who never has and never will sign up to the full server? More importantly, how can you be sure that there are more demo newbies getting the full game than those getting totally disgusted instead and get turned off by all the unpleasant activities going on daily with no bounds whatsoever? Those ppl might have signed up to the full game had they not tried demo in the 1st place.

PSU demo is an absolute trash that is much like cancer slowly killing our beloved PSU as time passes if left unattended for long. It is a breeding ground and the source of all abusive behaviors brought into the full server by those over 90k ID demo newbs who has no remorse for boss booting, trade scamming, spamming profane & obscene images in lobby, etc. you name it. Clearly, it's doing more harm than good that outweighs the benefits.

Calsetes
Feb 5, 2009, 03:02 PM
PSU demo is an absolute trash that is much like cancer slowly killing our beloved PSU as time passes if left unattended for long. It is a breeding ground and the source of all abusive behaviors brought into the full server by those over 90k ID demo newbs who has no remorse for boss booting, trade scamming, spamming profane & obscene images in lobby, etc. you name it. Clearly, it's doing more harm than good that outweighs the benefits.

I can't help but think of Halo 3 in that description. By far the worst experience with an online game I've ever had, and I'm actually really grateful that my friend doesn't try to talk me into playing it with him more often (so tired of people who smack-talk in a game and use cheap methods instead of just playing and complimenting the other team for a good job, but that's getting a bit too far off-topic).

If the demo does anything to keep some of those people away for the simple fact that they might have a mentality of "why should I pay to play it if the demo's free," then it might actually be a godsend. Still, I think you're still going to have that "screw you, I'll do what I want" mentality anywhere you go on Xbox Live.

HyperShot-X-
Feb 5, 2009, 04:39 PM
If the demo does anything to keep some of those people away for the simple fact that they might have a mentality of "why should I pay to play it if the demo's free," then it might actually be a godsend. Still, I think you're still going to have that "screw you, I'll do what I want" mentality anywhere you go on Xbox Live.
I don't think demo is doing that job too well because those abusers can freely sign onto the full server whenever they feel like and we have no control over keeping them confined there, and it only takes few of them to pollute the whole server. But I do agree on that such ppl will always exist even on the paid server. Most of them will just quit when demo is shut down for good, only some will move on to the full server, even then those can be dealt with later in-game by the means of black listing which has that chain reaction effect over time and users reporting to GMs & Sega support for enforcement.

It's about time we cut our losses in order to move forward with whats to come in the future.

Brainwrecked
Feb 6, 2009, 03:19 AM
2.Play and get tails

Oh yeah, you mean those promos where all the paying players were encouraged to go to the demo servers and help people on the demo out, only instead they just logged in and out on Saturday and Sunday because that's all they had to do?

Yeah, that went according to plan.