PDA

View Full Version : Mission Ruby Eclipse on mission "Innocent Girl"

beatrixkiddo
Feb 1, 2009, 02:37 PM
To preface: Innocent Girl (http://psupedia.info/Innocent_Girl) is a mission on the JP servers available to those who have imported their character data to the PSP version. With weakened enemies, EXP boosts, a way to obtain Weapons Badges now that MAG has ended, and even some new 150+ enemies, it's a very useful mission. However, it seems we will not be getting this part of the PSP tie-in "content".

13:58:14 <Public> Ahura Mazda(20036884) Will there be an import option for the US ver

13:58:22 <Public> Ahura Mazda(20036884) Or are we gonna get gypped out of that

13:58:28 <Public> Ahura Mazda(20036884) and the PSP tie-in mission

13:58:41 <Public> Ruby Eclipse(20009599) Ahura, we won't have the tie-in mission

13:58:50 <Public> Ahura Mazda(20036884) Lovely

13:58:51 <Public> Ruby Eclipse(20009599) But edward and I are already

13:58:57 <Public> Ruby Eclipse(20009599) looking at ways to get one (if not both)

13:59:03 <Public> Ruby Eclipse(20009599) of those items for all players here

13:59:14 <Public> Ahura Mazda(20036884) but no 150+ enemies and the other

13:59:18 <Public> Ahura Mazda(20036884) nice stuff about that mission

13:59:18 <Public> Ruby Eclipse(20009599) If we have our way US/UK players will actually

13:59:25 <Public> Ruby Eclipse(20009599) get both, which is more than Japanese players

So if things continue as SEGA has planned, all players will get both the Whitill Wing (http://www.psupedia.info/Whitill_Wing) and the Vivienne Fluge (http://www.psupedia.info/Vivienne_Fluge), while Japanese players who importer character data had to choose between the two.

However, I'd rather have the mission!

Your thoughts?

gundam0079
Feb 1, 2009, 02:39 PM
yah but then the game gets a lil easier in terms of lvling again, but getting badges again would be nice, and get some more stuff frmo there. *thoughts given*

ashley50
Feb 1, 2009, 02:39 PM
no biggie. If we get "yay", if not "meh".

joefro
Feb 1, 2009, 02:43 PM
It doesn't bother me because that mission doesn't really interest me. However, I don't see what they can't just give us the mission. They could just make up some nonsense and leave PSP references out of the dialogue.

unicorn
Feb 1, 2009, 02:46 PM
So no mass quantity of Pushans? :\

beatrixkiddo
Feb 1, 2009, 02:48 PM
So no mass quantity of Pushans? :\

Yep, that's one main reason I wanted the mission.

Kylie
Feb 1, 2009, 03:06 PM
No surprise here, but it sucks that content is getting omitted. Then again, I probably won't get PSP.

buzyb77
Feb 1, 2009, 03:27 PM
yeah No big surpise here either....

I have been asking for months about that mission.....

If you can find it on the oooffffcial boards(can't as my IP is banned) you can find "other" respones by the GM Ruby***k**ps

you many find that a good read.....

as I started those threads on those boards about that mission.... please see if you can find it... GL :trees: (the tree is because there is no Shamrock or 4 leaf clover or drunken Irishman)

:pandatummy: :pandatummy: :pandatummy:

EspioKaos
Feb 1, 2009, 03:39 PM
To preface: Innocent Girl (http://psupedia.info/Innocent_Girl) is a mission on the JP servers available to those who have imported their character data to the PSP version.

It's available to everyone, regardless of if they've done the character import thing or not. ;)

But that only makes it more ridiculous that they don't plan on bringing it over here. D:

RegulusHikari
Feb 1, 2009, 04:02 PM
Doesn't bother me. I prefer it actually. The way I see it, PSP as a whole is just a scheme to nab another $50 off the fanbase. The whole concept of PSP is ridiculous, but that is neither here nor there. They should just keep focusing on releasing content that is already overdue. I approve of this, though only if it means they are bypassing it because they plan on releasing other content in place, which they probably don't.

Pakuda was the only decent drop anyway, besides having another Repca hunting spot (albeit, probably a shitty one). Though I didn't know Pushans were in any way tied to this mission.

That being said, I still want my Whitill Wings.

Zarode
Feb 1, 2009, 04:19 PM
Pakuda was the only decent drop anyway, besides having another Repca hunting spot (albeit, probably a shitty one). Though I didn't know Pushans were in any way tied to this mission.

MAG, badges. Anything ringing a bell?

Also, PSP is an excellent port. :| Does a lot of things that PSU needs badly. A lot of fixes, and it is plenty fun with others too. Also, something tells me it will be 29.99...

landman
Feb 1, 2009, 04:20 PM
If the mission is story related with PSP, I want to play it, I don't care for any item or badges, I want to see Vivienne in my PSU

moomoopenguin
Feb 1, 2009, 04:21 PM
The mission gives you the option of choosing one after you do it so many times. So you could do it with all 4 characters and be able to get numerous amounts of either. So I would rather have the mission than just one. Not to mention the mission gives really good exp on top of that. So yeah mission all the way for me..

Tyreek
Feb 1, 2009, 04:28 PM
Vivienne in high resolution in PSU?! I approve of this. it gives me just as much reason to have it since I like Vivienne's playstyle. And didn't Innocent Girl coincide with Shred the Darkness? We can't forget Helga as well. ;)

Neith
Feb 1, 2009, 05:47 PM
I would've much preferred the mission. Vivienne Fluge doesn't interest me (aside from for taking a few screenshots). Whitill Wing is decent but at the cost of losing a mission with boosted EXP/badges and other stuff?

:disapprove:

xBladeM6x
Feb 1, 2009, 05:57 PM
This sounds like a good/bad thing. Mainly just because we don't know for sure right now if we will get any of this, or if we can get all of it. Either way, I would love to have both Vivienne's Fluge, and the Whitl Wings. :D

unicorn
Feb 1, 2009, 09:09 PM
ATLEAST we're getting both Vivienne's Fluge and Whitil Wings...

But then again... I also wanted Pushans.... Of course I can wait for MAG+ for that....still....

As long as this is the only thing we're missing out on, I can be fine with it.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 1, 2009, 09:40 PM
while Japanese players who importer character data had to choose between the two.
You got to choose which one you wanted first, then the guy gives you the other one the next time you clear the mission... Still ended up getting both.

Mission > items though, best place for solo EXP/badges/rares...

mvffin
Feb 1, 2009, 10:38 PM
the SUV won't be used, and the Whitill Wings are OK at best. If we don't get this mission, it will just be THAT much longer before we can hunt Pakuda and Gold Badges. And that SUCKS

Dragwind
Feb 1, 2009, 10:43 PM
I want the mission, and the items. I'm not surprised we won't be getting the whole deal, but I guess I'll be semi-content anyways with the items.

moomoopenguin
Feb 1, 2009, 10:54 PM
It's a really fun mission (except for that last part lol). I just don't see why we wouldn't get it if we're getting PSP.

EspioKaos
Feb 1, 2009, 11:04 PM
It's a really fun mission (except for that last part lol).

The Bafal Bragga turret room is awesome. :wacko: (Finally managed to complete it... once. <_<) And the first-person-Bragga view in the intro to the final room makes me chortle.

RegulusHikari
Feb 1, 2009, 11:05 PM
MAG, badges. Anything ringing a bell?

Also, PSP is an excellent port. :| Does a lot of things that PSU needs badly. A lot of fixes, and it is plenty fun with others too. Also, something tells me it will be 29.99...

Yeah, I saw the badgers shortly after posting, then PSOW asploded when I hit the edit button.

PSP is a great port and accomplishes what fans have feigned for, a portable PS title. However, if there's already an established PSU fanbase (that's hurting, very very badly), why should ST split the community by offering different content on two different, almost entirely unconnected games. If they were smart, they would have designed PSP to coexist in a way that normal PSU received the same updates/content PSP did.

Or ST could have scrapped PSP, thrown everything new into PSU, and moved right into PSZ to solve their portable PS crisis. However, something tells me their decision to put PSU on the PS2 finally came back to bite them in the ass.

Kazemi
Feb 1, 2009, 11:15 PM
The Bafal Bragga turret room is awesome. :wacko: (Finally managed to complete it... once. <_<) And the first-person-Bragga view in the intro to the final room makes me chortle.oh come now, its not that hard. i've done it with a lv 15 char before :wacko: granted I've also done 150+ runs of the mission between various chars...

moomoopenguin
Feb 1, 2009, 11:42 PM
oh come now, its not that hard. i've done it with a lv 15 char before :wacko: granted I've also done 150+ runs of the mission between various chars...

lol Those turrets still throw me off every time I play it :-P

Zarode
Feb 1, 2009, 11:50 PM
PSP is a great port and accomplishes what fans have feigned for, a portable PS title. However, if there's already an established PSU fanbase (that's hurting, very very badly), why should ST split the community by offering different content on two different, almost entirely unconnected games. If they were smart, they would have designed PSP to coexist in a way that normal PSU received the same updates/content PSP did.

I see your points, but...

Why do you people want PSU on every god damn system out? PhSP is fine as is. Sure, the online mode blows on it if you don't have any way local to do it (XLink Kai never counts, it is so shitty and buggy). It is NOT a smart idea. First, how would the PSP players communicate? Lack of Keyboard doesn't help, and being stuck to PC/PS2 servers would not allow the use of the headset, because PS2 leaves the whole server behind on possible content and updates (they would have to issue a new disk for that sort of thing). There is no splitting of communities, to be honest, because in Japan, the Playstation Portable is its own community. The only reason we are getting the game is because there is a possible market.

It's probably going to flop on its own ass anyways. Hell, I wouldn't worry about splitting of communities, to be honest...

Besides, you are missing one thing entirely. SEGA is a company, and it wants money. They are going to test the waters for more money with PhSP.

Tyreek
Feb 1, 2009, 11:57 PM
On the subject of Innocent Girl. PSUpedia shows that Agito Repca is an area drop in that mission as well in the VR HIVE area.

Para
Feb 2, 2009, 02:33 AM
Vivienne is one of my favourite twin sabers of all time (My RAmarl played with one a lot :o ) so its good news if they can give it to me D:

beatrixkiddo
Feb 2, 2009, 03:06 AM
Vivienne is one of my favourite twin sabers of all time (My RAmarl played with one a lot :o ) so its good news if they can give it to me D:

It's not the actual Vivienne. It's a healing SUV called Vivienne Fluge.

Tyreek
Feb 2, 2009, 03:41 AM
It's not the actual Vivienne. It's a healing SUV called Vivienne Fluge.

If it makes you feel any better, Vivienne uses Sweet Death. ;)

ErtaiClou
Feb 2, 2009, 04:27 AM
What would concern me is if they milk the portables seperately as much as possible and then use the in-game buys where you pay like Maple Story to access missions like Innocent Girl.

Arika
Feb 2, 2009, 05:43 AM
So if things continue as SEGA has planned, all players will get both the Whitill Wing (http://www.psupedia.info/Whitill_Wing) and the Vivienne Fluge (http://www.psupedia.info/Vivienne_Fluge), while Japanese players who importer character data had to choose between the two.

However, I'd rather have the mission!

Your thoughts?

wrong, JP can get both too, they just need to do it with 2 characters (and most get both anyway)

Kazemi
Feb 2, 2009, 08:36 AM
wrong, JP can get both too, they just need to do it with 2 characters (and most get both anyway)
it was pointed out earlier in the thread that you can get both items with one character. you can even remake characters to get more of them.

Arika
Feb 2, 2009, 09:26 AM
it was pointed out earlier in the thread that you can get both items with one character. you can even remake characters to get more of them.
I see, I didn't see it before post.
However, there is no point to get too many of them tho, I rarely seen anybody even wear it nowadays. I think most people end up with 1 each = 2 .:P

Cracka_J
Feb 2, 2009, 09:57 AM
If they were smart

I stopped reading there.

C'mon Reg, you of all people should know you just answered you're own questions.

fay
Feb 2, 2009, 11:24 AM
wait your telling me that this suv is a healing suv.

we dont have a healing one at the moment do we?

during the gbr i saw someone with a healing suv. i asked them what it was called. saidthey didnt know. i wanted it but this seems to be it. how come they had it?

landman
Feb 2, 2009, 11:52 AM
Are you sure the one who summoned this SUV was not a yaoi Partner Machine?

ThEoRy
Feb 2, 2009, 01:25 PM
It's probably going to flop on its own ass anyways. Hell, I wouldn't worry about splitting of communities, to be honest...

Besides, you are missing one thing entirely. SEGA is a company, and it wants money. They are going to test the waters for more money with PhSP.

FYI psp is already a huge sales success in japan. http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/08/phantasy-star-2.html

and that was long ago so it's already a hit as far as sega is concerned.

fay
Feb 2, 2009, 01:45 PM
Are you sure the one who summoned this SUV was not a yaoi Partner Machine?

im pretty dam sure.
you know i wish i actually checked her gear before i left that match.
it looked awsome. was a big silvery thing that appeared then like this huge resta thing appeared from the sky and healed.

when i saw the light i was like this is gonna do something amasing then i was like. its that it. however i fecking want it. just so i can be different =]

Clunker
Feb 2, 2009, 02:15 PM
Is 'Innocent Girl' the earliest mission that drops the Pakuda? If so, that really WILL be poor if we don't get 'IG'. D:<

Calsetes
Feb 2, 2009, 02:29 PM
Hmm...... didn't Ascension Gift have a random heal "attack" on it? Maybe it was that.....

Then again, I haven't seen anyone use that in a long time, so I could be wrong on that. Either way, it'll be a real nice SUV for any Force-specialized casts out there, in my opinion, especially if it heals you based on your Tech stat.

RegulusHikari
Feb 2, 2009, 04:16 PM
I see your points, but...

Why do you people want PSU on every god damn system out? PhSP is fine as is. Sure, the online mode blows on it if you don't have any way local to do it (XLink Kai never counts, it is so shitty and buggy). It is NOT a smart idea. First, how would the PSP players communicate? Lack of Keyboard doesn't help, and being stuck to PC/PS2 servers would not allow the use of the headset, because PS2 leaves the whole server behind on possible content and updates (they would have to issue a new disk for that sort of thing). There is no splitting of communities, to be honest, because in Japan, the Playstation Portable is its own community. The only reason we are getting the game is because there is a possible market.

I should have worded it better. I wasn't implying that PSU and PSP actually be connected, they would still be separate games. But the new content on PSP should have been released, either all at once, or in block updates on the regular consoles. That way they are less like two separate games. I don't see any reason I should want to play PSU on my PSP as opposed to my console/PC besides that it's portable. However, that may not have been possible due to the PS2's lacking HD support, hence my closing comment.

Besides, you are missing one thing entirely. SEGA is a company, and it wants money. They are going to test the waters for more money with PhSP.Absolutely true. I always seem to forget companies aren't humanitarians.

C'mon Reg, you of all people should know you just answered you're own questions.gtfo

Kazemi
Feb 2, 2009, 08:28 PM
I see, I didn't see it before post.
However, there is no point to get too many of them tho, I rarely seen anybody even wear it nowadays. I think most people end up with 1 each = 2 .:P
whitill wings still go for over just over a mil when i last checked. so not too bad if you got it while leveling a new char. vivian fludge on the other hand... uh yeah :p

Mike
Feb 2, 2009, 09:29 PM
you can even remake characters to get more of them.

I thought it was only two items per account. Ah well, I only have one character anyways (and I still can't play).

Zarode
Feb 2, 2009, 09:40 PM
FYI psp is already a huge sales success in japan. http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/08/phantasy-star-2.html

and that was long ago so it's already a hit as far as sega is concerned.

Monster Hunter Freedom 2, which sold like golden eggs from a goose in Japan, didn't do so hot in the West (US/EU).

This one is probably going to fall through the cracks too...

Also, RegulusHikari, I think we are seeing eye to eye now. :)

gordon/alpha999
Apr 14, 2009, 02:00 PM
this is off topic coment: 4weeks or more ago GMs mention giving away coins from something that happen awile ago. im getting real concered about recieving my coins as a LOYAL psu player. please contact me for answers to this post psu community /GMs

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 14, 2009, 02:09 PM
It would be nice to have a new mission to do but either way, its still something......

Alecc
Apr 14, 2009, 04:33 PM
:-?this is a off topic post: its been 4 or more weeks since we as psu community was told we will recieve coins some time ago. i am, concered as aLOYAL psu player and want to know why the psu community still havent got our coins. plz reply with answer psu community /GMs >_>

what are u talking about? o.O