PDA

View Full Version : event question

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 1, 2009, 08:42 PM
yea umm does any1 know if the carnival is expansion only? newbie kept freezing while trying to go in

i just felt like randomly helping a newbie gave em 80mill and trying to help him level :D

NDW
Feb 1, 2009, 08:52 PM
i just felt like randomly helping a newbie gave em 80mill and trying to help him level :D

Damn, giving 80M to someone you don't know? I would never give that much to a noob.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 1, 2009, 08:57 PM
i have 7 more stax

Itachi1990
Feb 1, 2009, 09:04 PM
It is expansion only any mission with yellow text is AOTI only.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 1, 2009, 09:04 PM
i have 7 more stax

to be honest i'd probably do the same thing if i had that much

well maybe no to one person....like spread it out

but since im not good at money makin on here......... ^^;

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 1, 2009, 09:10 PM
It is expansion only any mission with yellow text is AOTI only.

lmao oh yea i forgot about that

Woeious
Feb 1, 2009, 09:26 PM
Damn, giving 80M to someone you don't know? I would never give that much to a noob.

Most people are greedy jerks and out to ruin everyone else.
Some people are all around fair.
A few people go out of their way to help others and improve the game experience for everyone.

Props for giving away that money to a complete stranger! PSU could use more people such as yourself.

KunoTatewaki
Feb 1, 2009, 09:56 PM
heck, if you have 7 stacks, give me one for my bday if your on US pc/ps2 :P

TheEliteNinja
Feb 1, 2009, 11:51 PM
Props for giving away that money to a complete stranger! PSU could use more people such as yourself.

Well then, lets see more people like him! How about you toss me a nice chunk of change? PSU needs more people like you!

Zarode
Feb 1, 2009, 11:58 PM
:lol: Nice one, TheEliteNinja. :wacko:

Yeeeeeeeeeah, about giving away stacks to complete strangers... :E

If you are that rich, why not spend it on yourself? Or save it? Bet you a hundred he'll need it later on for some stupid reason, and beg someone...

Woeious
Feb 2, 2009, 12:12 AM
Well then, lets see more people like him! How about you toss me a nice chunk of change? PSU needs more people like you!

Maybe I do? Frequently?

To anyone who does not ask or beg in general, that is. :P

Woeious
Feb 2, 2009, 12:13 AM
:lol: Nice one, TheEliteNinja. :wacko:

Yeeeeeeeeeah, about giving away stacks to complete strangers... :E

If you are that rich, why not spend it on yourself? Or save it? Bet you a hundred he'll need it later on for some stupid reason, and beg someone...

*Sigh* Right over the noggin....

Zarode
Feb 2, 2009, 03:24 AM
*Sigh* Right over the noggin....

No no no nonono, my friend, for it is YOU who are blind.

Seriously. Earn your own freakin' money/items/weapons/WHATEVER. Give a man a fish, and he'll want MORE. Teach a man that he will starve to death unless he does something about it, and both you and him will be better off.

No hand me outs, no problems later on.

Woeious
Feb 2, 2009, 04:01 AM
I can see the logic encouraging people to fend for themselves in real life, but this is a video game.

If you're mindful of who you give something to, there is a slim chance they might return the favor to a newbie someday. To help increase the duration of the servers,, it's not such a bad thing to make the experience enjoyable enough for people starting out to get a good foothold. Or just pitching in to those who don't live their life for a 10/10 filled palette.

On a game that takes no skill to play some people live, breathe, and die by what items they hold. As if in some perverse fashion having 9 stacks and 6 10/10 Psycho Wands means you're actually good at something and maybe Microsoft will recognize you...winning you a trip to E3 or the land of chocolate for your elite skills. This is coming from someone who HAS admittedly been enough of a dork to win one....well..not the chocolate part...

Mmmmm chocolate...

Er...the point is, I had that mindset when I first played this when it came out. I was, arguably, the top force user the first 6 months. Whoop de doo. I distributed all of my items to my friends and a few randoms and left. Two years later out of lack of game library I returned. Not once did I ask for a cent...friends and even a few randoms dumped items on me to get me back in the fray. All I had to begin anew with was one cosmo fountain in the center of my room. (Yes, I kept my toilet)

Played for 3 months and left again for 2...when I left and returned it was the same cycle of distributing/being granted a set of items and money. (And, again, I kept my toilet)

Maybe there is something to the giving philosophy after all. :P

On a video game, there really is no need for the memememememe and the humorless brick attitude that plagues the servers. (Speaking on 360, can't say for Ps2/pc) This is what drives the players that are actually...worth playing alongside leave entirely.

Try to make the game enjoyable for the ones who aren't complete wastes of flesh and the community will be the better for it in the end.

Tl'dr = No reason to be a putz on a video game. :P Not directed at anybody in this thread, just a general statement. However, everybody (or their parents, ugh) spends their 10 bucks a month and are entitled to do as they please. We can agree to disagree, I suppose. Happy hunting.

Woeious
Feb 2, 2009, 04:19 AM
Apologies for another double post but: Sorry we all hijacked your thread TC and put it in a completely different direction.

It wasn't supposed to be like this!