PDA

View Full Version : PSO first, or PS0?

Dark Hunter
Feb 1, 2009, 10:46 PM
So, as the title says, I'm an unemployed teenager. I get 15 bucks a week for lunch, but it's usually never spent on lunch. I don't starve myself, I find ways to get food just fine daily. Don't take that as shady, it's not.

Anyway...the point of this thread is for you to help me decide something. Your answers might be a tad bit biased, but I don't care. Should I-

Wait two weeks, have 30 bucks, and order a GCN broadband adapter for PSO? (I've got a level 102 skyly HUmar who's never been online).

Or should I wait about a month, (60 bucks) and get PS0 first, then later get the broadband adapter?

Basically it's a matter of PSO first, or PS0? I just can't seem to decide, so I'm coming to an online community for help? Yeah, that sounds about right.

So help? :] Thanks.

*puts up flame shield*

Valvalion
Feb 1, 2009, 10:59 PM
Personally i'd say Phantasy Star Zero for now.

The GCN PSO servers are no longer up unless you find your way to a private server via the medium of Google, and even then, i'm not sure exactly how many people are still playing the Gamecube version of the game there.

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 11:02 PM
At first I thought you posted in the wrong section, but then you mentioned PSZ :P

It depends what you really want to play more, PSZ or PSO. But the official PSO servers have been down for GC for a long time now (actually, all PSO servers for US are down now)
Only private servers will allow you to play PSO online anymore, which we are not allowed to discuss on these forums.

In my opinion, I would get PSZ. (as you know, it's only out in Japan).
The DS can play any game (except Chinese I believe because of the glyph symbols... only Chinese DS' can play them)

I'm ordering my copy of PSZ this thursday and I can't wait. :)

Also, (not a guarantee...) But when there US copy comes out there's a SMALL chance you can salvage your JP items.
This would require us to have access to play with the US players.... we could trade them (of course that requires two DS', but everyone's got a friend, eh?)

Dark Hunter
Feb 1, 2009, 11:03 PM
I have a private server in mind. I'm not worried about that.

Anymore opinions?

_Vyser_
Feb 1, 2009, 11:10 PM
I'd say PSZ as well. It will be less of a hassle to try to play PSZ online than it would be to play PSO online.

deso123
Feb 2, 2009, 12:51 AM
I wish I worked as a teenager. Apply at a retailer stocking shelves! id suggest buying a pc compliant 360 controller and play psobb on pc. if your pc sucks then id say go with the psz i guess. im retired from psz. i dont think many people play on gamecube do they? if gcn means gamecube network adapter right?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 2, 2009, 12:55 AM
GCN is just the abbreviation for Gamecube... don't ask me why.

BioWarrior
Feb 2, 2009, 01:46 AM
GCN stands for Gamecube Nintendo

beatrixkiddo
Feb 2, 2009, 01:54 AM
As opposed to those Microsoft Gamecubes...?

BioWarrior
Feb 2, 2009, 02:04 AM
I don't remember what it was but I read somewhere another company already claimed the abbreviation GC. Could probable find the information on wikipedia

xSHiNOx
Feb 2, 2009, 02:16 AM
i say get the broadband adapter. PSZ will come out later this year in english anyways. wait til then