PDA

View Full Version : Crunching noises

DreXxiN
Feb 2, 2009, 04:51 AM
Seriously, I like potato chips too, but WHAT THE FUCK.

If you are seriously HUNGRY, eat potato chips WITH a good meal, don't sit there for HOURS with a bag of chips, and just keep fucking eating. STOP, ERGG. Go make a sandwhich or something, I mean I'm generally lazy with food, but at LEAST MICROWAVE SOMETHING, don't just eat chips!

Seriously, I don't know what it is, but the crunching of chips, just the noise makes me go abso-fucking-lutely insane. I can not possibly display my anger at this constant noise.

Ok, I REALLY had to get that out of my system..I just cannot fathom ANY long term chip-crunching noises...ARGHHHH

I'll reiterate a tad.

I don't mind TOO Much when people grab a handful of chips and finish them off fast.

No.

It's the assholes that seriously NOURISH off the damn chips. Like they sit there for hours up on hours, not necessarily eating too much but CONSISTENTLY eating chips for HOURS...and then they crunch it all slow as they multitask, staring at the screen, filling their obese American desires.

THIS is why people need to stop complaining that they are fat, seriously.

SpikeOtacon
Feb 2, 2009, 04:55 AM
It might just be the adventurous side of me but if I hear someone chomping away at chips I eventually start to wonder what kind of folly effect in a film the sound could be used for.

brb grabbing some doritos.

Retehi
Feb 2, 2009, 05:09 AM
om nom nom

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/chips.jpg

Solstis
Feb 2, 2009, 10:32 AM
You need sound therapy, or some sort of release for your hypersensitive hearing.

Chew gum? It could help block out the sound (make sure it's sugarfree?).

Solstis
Feb 2, 2009, 10:33 AM
You need sound therapy, or some sort of release for your hypersensitive hearing.

(That said I have never done any occupational therapy and my advice is terrible)

Cracka_J
Feb 2, 2009, 11:27 AM
When people do it on vent it's 10 times the fun!

Rust
Feb 2, 2009, 11:27 AM
The only time it bothers me is when I'm at a movie and you constantly hear crunching and people messing up with their plastic bags all long the movie.

Otherwise, I don't care.
Well, four or five bags of potato chips never last very long with me or the people I know so... :wacko:

stukasa
Feb 2, 2009, 12:40 PM
The sound doesn't bother me but I agree with you that people spend too much time snacking on chips and other junk food all day long, then wonder why they gain weight.

Sidney
Feb 2, 2009, 12:46 PM
You know, I have an irrational annoyance to the sound of jingling keys, so I can understand where he's coming from. :lol: I know it's ridiculous, it just drives me nuts for some odd reason.

Rust
Feb 2, 2009, 12:50 PM
Now that I think about it, my sister used to go check what I was doing on the computer or watching on the TV by putting her head right over my shoulder. So her mouth and nose were next to my ear, and somehow, she was always breathing heavily or chewing something.

Was making me want to punch her in the face. :disapprove:
(Maybe I actually did, since she stopped, but I can't remember it if so. o_o)

Vanzazikon
Feb 2, 2009, 12:58 PM
You know, I have an irrational annoyance to the sound of jingling keys, so I can understand where he's coming from. :lol: I know it's ridiculous, it just drives me nuts for some odd reason.Is that a pun? :wacko:

Sidney
Feb 2, 2009, 01:01 PM
:lol: Oh, you are clever! I didn't even notice that. That's pretty awesome, haha!

DreXxiN
Feb 2, 2009, 01:14 PM

...This was a rant to vent, I don't exactly think I came here because I need THERAPY because CHIPS bother me...

I'll consider it if I'm rich :)

Alnet
Feb 2, 2009, 01:28 PM
The crunching (or gum-chewing, or any kind of eating, really) only really bugs me when people do it with wide open mouths. Then it becomes a matter of "shut your trap, you disgusting bastiche, or you'll catch flies".

Actually, you may catch fists if you keep it up for too long.

CelestialBlade
Feb 2, 2009, 01:28 PM
Noise-cancelling headphones, man. God's gift to noise-kind.

Seority
Feb 2, 2009, 01:55 PM
*munch munch*
Oh...wah?...
*swallows* I'm sorry hun. I got hungry ><;
*eats moar chips* ^_^

Kylie
Feb 2, 2009, 02:06 PM
I don't mind this. I don't typically savor food though. :wacko:

DreXxiN
Feb 2, 2009, 02:22 PM
HEY, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ME. ME ME ME.

TROLLS.

CHIP CRUNCHING SUCKS.

*Flails arms wildly running into the middle of the street*

amtalx
Feb 2, 2009, 03:08 PM
I like Kettle chips because the crunch is earth shattering. I had some today actually. Delicious.

Vanzazikon
Feb 2, 2009, 03:31 PM
While you shatter his eardrum with Kettle chips. I'll snack on these. (Yes, I really am eating Pringles right now) I bet you really hate it when someone snack on these in your face. :wacko:

http://www.foodmag.com.au/Uploads/PressReleases/food/Images-20080709/pringles.jpg

I like to do the facial expression you get when you eat a really delicious snack, add a little, "mmm" to it... Hope that don't bother you as well. :)

Sekani
Feb 2, 2009, 04:11 PM
Potato chips are too greasy.

Solstis
Feb 2, 2009, 06:03 PM
I meant sound therapy :(.

Probably crazy expensive, though.

RegulusHikari
Feb 2, 2009, 06:37 PM
When people do it on vent it's 10 times the fun!

Cracka beat me to the punch. One of my greatest pet peeves. It's like somebody is standing right at your ear, munching away, IN STEREO.

No. I don't fucking care that you're eating, thanks. Or that your mic randomly makes popping noises, asshole.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 2, 2009, 06:39 PM
Cracka beat me to the punch. One of my greatest pet peeves. It's like somebody is standing right at your ear, munching away, IN STEREO.

No. I don't fucking care that you're eating, thanks. Or that your mic randomly makes popping noises, asshole.

Solution: Push-to-talk

RegulusHikari
Feb 2, 2009, 06:50 PM
Solution: Push-to-talk

Tell that to people who are too busy munching away with both hands to give a damn. OHAICHUCK

And before you say anything, yes I know of the mute button. It is a glorious tool. OHAIJOSE

Syl
Feb 2, 2009, 09:10 PM
Tell that to people who are too busy munching away with both hands to give a damn. OHAICHUCK

Thank god I taught lots of peeps on Vent to set up their client with P2T :wacko:

On other Vent servers though, I hate it when people are like "*heavy collapsed breathing*Hey guiz, *heavy collapsed breathing* what are you all doing? *long silence with more heavy breathing*" or really shitty mics with feedback. Makes them sound like they're talking in a microwave or something. Or people who just figured out how to use stereo mix (playing music/videos on Vent through your desktop) and how they seem to always have it BLARING LOUD AND CLIPPING LIKE A MOFO.

I think the only sound peeve I have outside of Vent is coins being slid on polished wood. Seriously makes my skin go asklfhartrshadfhlkj and my body cringe. I don't mind people who chew with their mouths open or smack gum or w/e. Just coins on desks *shudders*

Rust
Feb 2, 2009, 09:18 PM
Or people who just figured out how to use stereo mix (playing music/videos on Vent through your desktop)

PM me how to do it, please. :lol:

(I'm serious.)

Syl
Feb 2, 2009, 09:28 PM
PM me how to do it, please. :lol:

(I'm serious.)

Sure thing, expect something within the hour

SStrikerR
Feb 3, 2009, 07:47 PM
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV86Q6Anu2o[/spoiler-box]

Some dude was sitting next to my ear chewing his gum so fucking loud and saying "your mom" after every fucking thing I said, I was ready to hit him with a rock after 30 seconds. Enjoy Drex.

navci
Feb 4, 2009, 03:31 PM
It might just be the adventurous side of me but if I hear someone chomping away at chips I eventually start to wonder what kind of folly effect in a film the sound could be used for.

brb grabbing some doritos.

I thought they also use celery for that. Cheaper prolly.

Ya know, chips noises in my head annoys me. Maybe that's why I don't eat chips very often. :D

Zarode
Feb 4, 2009, 03:34 PM
It bothers me, and I'm in the same dilemma, but I just learned overtime how to ignore it.

om nom nom nom nom

Vanzazikon
Feb 4, 2009, 03:41 PM
Some dude was sitting next to my ear chewing his gum so fucking loud and saying "your mom" after every fucking thing I said, I was ready to hit him with a rock after 30 seconds. Enjoy Drex.So, did the rocks fly? :wacko:

Delete
Feb 4, 2009, 04:24 PM
I sometimes eat snacks all day long and eat one meal late in the afternoon, The secret is to simply mute there mic if its botherinng you.

Rasputin
Feb 4, 2009, 04:30 PM
Crunching noises bother me only when I'm in a movie theater. Otherwise, they're a noise of life, much like squishing noises.

SStrikerR
Feb 5, 2009, 08:44 PM
So, did the rocks fly? :wacko:

Next time. :wacko:

Sayara
Feb 6, 2009, 12:25 AM
Someone mentioned why people get fat from eating chips.

I'd like to learn how. ._.;

I can tolerate chip noises, what i CANNOT tolerate are obnoxious queasy belches

DreXxiN
Feb 6, 2009, 01:48 AM
I sometimes eat snacks all day long and eat one meal late in the afternoon, The secret is to simply mute there mic if its botherinng you.

I'll tell IRL people that are next to me what you advised. xD