PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Protrancer Weapon

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 10:57 AM
I am now going protrancer and I was curious to find out what other peoples favorite weapons are. This way I might possibly learn some things for myself. Also combinations would be nice to know as well. Like are you just using spear and bow. Are you using one of 3 on melee and 3 on guns? If you have a interesting way of putting your armor as well would love to see it here.
How Are You Set Up?

kejen
Feb 2, 2009, 11:24 AM
Just started playing protranser myself. Fun class. But mainly using cannon, shotgun, and bow since first time playing a class that uses these and need to get the levels up. Also use knuckles (robado, zubba) and spears (robado, majarra) to do some quick damge. Havent messed around with swords or axes yet, but will eventually. Shotgun is probably my favorite.

mvffin
Feb 2, 2009, 11:28 AM
I usually have my pallet like this:

Saber+Handgun
Spear
Shotgun
Laser
Bow
Grenade

Sometimes I use an extra spear, shotgun or saber+handgun, and take out the bow or grenade, depending on what I run. Sometimes I use an Axe, but Grenades seem to overshadow Jabroga for the most part.

The most damaging weapons in general are Spear and Shotgun. For bosses, Grenade and Bow.

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 11:38 AM
I usually have my pallet like this:

Saber+Handgun
Spear
Shotgun
Laser
Bow
Grenade

Sometimes I use an extra spear, shotgun or saber+handgun, and take out the bow or grenade, depending on what I run. Sometimes I use an Axe, but Grenades seem to overshadow Jabroga for the most part.

The most damaging weapons in general are Spear and Shotgun. For bosses, Grenade and Bow.

Just started playing protranser myself. Fun class. But mainly using cannon, shotgun, and bow since first time playing a class that uses these and need to get the levels up. Also use knuckles (robado, zubba) and spears (robado, majarra) to do some quick damge. Havent messed around with swords or axes yet, but will eventually. Shotgun is probably my favorite.

How do you like the sword/gun combo. If I remember correctly I used that combo once before but it was a long time ago and I dont remember if I liked it or not. XD

My pallete at the moment is
Speak
Sword
Axe
Shotgun
Bow
Gernade Launcher
I was going for a 3 and 3 thing although I already have all the melee moves to 50 and I really seem to be leaning more towards guns 99% of the time. So I am wondering If I should become a gunner somtimes. Although my human protrancer is 137 and my cast is 49 so you can see where my problem might be with that.
For me bow definatly seems like a must have and then I believe comes shotgun then spear after that its whatever. =p

Csero
Feb 2, 2009, 11:48 AM
I personally stick to my guns more than anything because that's how I like to play, but the melee weapons are nice to mix things up a bit when you are getting bored, or when that Ubakrada smacked you down needs a lesson from an Agito Repca.

My current pallete:
Sword
Sword
Spear
Handgun+Saber
Shotgun
Laser Cannon

fortetoker
Feb 2, 2009, 11:51 AM
as a protranser the best weapons to use r shotgun laser cannon and gernade launcher reason being protranser has 800atp less than fortefighter at max lvl which is significant but only has about 80 atp less than fortegunner also at max lvl so u will do about the same damage u should b doin w/ ur guns but w/ striking u do significantly less thats y i say stick to ur shottty laser andlauncher and mby even bow but u do more damage w/ shotty for sure and ofcourse ur ex traps r extremely useful GL w/ prottranser its a pretty fun class if u ever need help im usualy aROUND

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 11:57 AM
I personally stick to my guns more than anything because that's how I like to play, but the melee weapons are nice to mix things up a bit when you are getting bored, or when that Ubakrada smacked you down needs a lesson from an Agito Repca.

My current pallete:
Sword
Sword
Spear
Handgun+Saber
Shotgun
Laser Cannon

as a protranser the best weapons to use r shotgun laser cannon and gernade launcher reason being protranser has 800atp less than fortefighter at max lvl which is significant but only has about 80 atp less than fortegunner also at max lvl so u will do about the same damage u should b doin w/ ur guns but w/ striking u do significantly less thats y i say stick to ur shottty laser andlauncher and mby even bow but u do more damage w/ shotty for sure and ofcourse ur ex traps r extremely useful GL w/ prottranser its a pretty fun class if u ever need help im usualy aROUND

Well I do not like swords very much and I have greatly noticed what you mean about swords atleast untill you hit 20 protrancer. Also gun photon arts go to 40 while melee only gose to 30. But I realize if I am just going to use guns 99% of the time I should just be a gunner should I?
EX traps a long time ago used to be really fun and great to use when I first used protrancer and they actualy laster. Sence they have been nerfed they dont last at all compared. Now I go through all my traps just cleaning out 1 weak room during this event for the most part.
But what do you think of this? I turn my main character and have my brother turn protrancer. Then make my cast a full blown gunner sence the photon arts for the melee like I said are already 50. So that way lets say I gain this fancy new shotgun on protrancer then everyone can use it. But Id have to say the biggest reason Im not a gunner already is because. They cant seem to use bows whicch is like my favorite weapon. Also because Ive never been a gunner before Im sure Id try and become a gunmaster. Which means I am limited because my second favorite is twin pistols and machine guns. So what do you think I should do?

fortetoker
Feb 2, 2009, 12:04 PM
well when u use a trap u hav cant switch to another wep/traap or the trap will stop burnning/freezing etc. but deciding to become gunner depends if u use the ex traps or not sure if u dont use em u might wana switch to a main class especialy if ur intereswted in fighter weps but if ur using the guns protransers can use as a fortegunner/master you'll be doing about the samre damage w/ a wider variety of guns (i no way to much about this game lol)

Csero
Feb 2, 2009, 12:08 PM
As a 150 CAST Gunmaster with many 41+ bullets I find I am unbelieveably powerful. If you think you might enjoy hanging back and doleing out the harshness, then got for it. It may not have MG's but you'll have to be a GT to become a GM so if you like you can switch back to that whe you are in a MG mood. Or hell, you could just stay a Guntecher, they can use both Twin Handguns and MG's.

fortetoker
Feb 2, 2009, 12:13 PM
Well I do not like swords very much and I have greatly noticed what you mean about swords atleast untill you hit 20 protrancer. Also gun photon arts go to 40 while melee only gose to 30. But I realize if I am just going to use guns 99% of the time I should just be a gunner should I?
EX traps a long time ago used to be really fun and great to use when I first used protrancer and they actualy laster. Sence they have been nerfed they dont last at all compared. Now I go through all my traps just cleaning out 1 weak room during this event for the most part.
But what do you think of this? I turn my main character and have my brother turn protrancer. Then make my cast a full blown gunner sence the photon arts for the melee like I said are already 50. So that way lets say I gain this fancy new shotgun on protrancer then everyone can use it. But Id have to say the biggest reason Im not a gunner already is because. They cant seem to use bows whicch is like my favorite weapon. Also because Ive never been a gunner before Im sure Id try and become a gunmaster. Which means I am limited because my second favorite is twin pistols and machine guns. So what do you think I should do?

ive gone gm and its a fun class bcuz u shoot alot faster and yeah twin handdguns r great u should give iy a try.

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 12:20 PM
I am sure if I went gunner I would end up as a gunmaster. Alot people dont like the master jobs I have no idea why I have fortefighter fighgunner and fighmaster and basicly every fight class to 20 and I have to say that fighmaster is great.
So I am sure I would love gunmaster as well. But if I went gun master Id most likly just be using a shotgun most the time.

On A nother note like I was asking earlier about the dammage of a single saber and pistol on protrancer?

Calsetes
Feb 2, 2009, 12:25 PM
This is my weapon palette as a Protranser:

Axe
Spear
Shotgun
Laser Cannon
Bow
Grenade Launcher

I'm doing something that's possibly incredibly retarded with my PT by picking tons of heavy-hitting weapons that require lots of ATA and ATP to use them, and by being a female Neuman. Still, it's a lot of fun to randomly use 2 of the biggest "heavy-hitter" weapons with a frail Neuman.

fortetoker
Feb 2, 2009, 12:29 PM
yeah i also love fighmaster and am workin on getin my pas to 50 their getin their but im workin on makin my cast a fighmaster now but yeah shotty def easiest but their r huge advantages to rifle and laser once 31 that nockback w/ rifle is a huge help, and the laser cannon has 50% element at 41 and doesnt have much less att than a rifle their both annoying to lvl but well worth it and when i was gunner twin mayalee was a big help for deb uffing the stronger enemies such as carriguiines

fortetoker
Feb 2, 2009, 12:30 PM

Axe
Spear
Shotgun
Laser Cannon
Bow
Grenade Launcher

I'm doing something that's possibly incredibly retarded with my PT by picking tons of heavy-hitting weapons that require lots of ATA and ATP to use them, and by being a female Neuman. Still, it's a lot of fun to randomly use 2 of the biggest "heavy-hitter" weapons with a frail Neuman.

afterthoughtz
Feb 2, 2009, 12:45 PM
I am sure if I went gunner I would end up as a gunmaster. Alot people dont like the master jobs I have no idea why I have fortefighter fighgunner and fighmaster and basicly every fight class to 20 and I have to say that fighmaster is great.
So I am sure I would love gunmaster as well. But if I went gun master Id most likly just be using a shotgun most the time.

On A nother note like I was asking earlier about the dammage of a single saber and pistol on protrancer?
Well to be honest, i dislike that combo very much, no matter what % and grinds you have on them or what levels your pa's are at, it seems to underpowered
to me, i'd go with a axe/spear before i ever get back to saber/handgun combo

EDIT: But that is just my matter of opinion:)

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 12:45 PM

Axe
Spear
Shotgun
Laser Cannon
Bow
Grenade Launcher

Aww be nice to the Neuman =p

afterthoughtz
Feb 2, 2009, 12:47 PM
Whoa i didnt catch the newman part lol, very...unique lol

fortetoker
Feb 2, 2009, 01:02 PM

not being mean just speachlesss about it xD lol

Dhylec
Feb 2, 2009, 01:04 PM

Hah, I thought I had the only female newman PT around. I guess I was wrong. ;3

Alnet
Feb 2, 2009, 01:19 PM
My fav PT weapon? Paradi Cataract.

Nah, but seriously, the only reason I even tried Axe was because during the Love Inferno hunt, I got lot of Okanoh [B]s, and so I made one of them as a joke, and it came out 46%. So... I decided to try it out, and I loved it. It feels like you're really smashing things with it.

I keep 4 axes on me, in Ice, Fire, Dark, and Earth. I'd get them in all elements, but then why not just go Fortefighter/Fighmaster, if I'm gonna be using all axes? :wacko:

Aside from that, I play PT exactly the way I do with Fortegunner, aside from using Longbows in place of Rifle.

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 01:20 PM
Hah, I thought I had the only female newman PT around. I guess I was wrong. ;3

But what about me I am just a frail female human XD WITH A CHAINSAW WHAHA!

Calsetes
Feb 2, 2009, 01:21 PM
Yay, I'm rare!

She was the least-used of my characters, but I started using her more now with this event going on. Dunno if I should keep my beast alt a fighgunner though or make her into something else that's a bizarre combination, like...... wartecher, or acrotecher, or something awkward like that.

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 01:27 PM
Yay, I'm rare!

She was the least-used of my characters, but I started using her more now with this event going on. Dunno if I should keep my beast alt a fighgunner though or make her into something else that's a bizarre combination, like...... wartecher, or acrotecher, or something awkward like that.

Well I used to be a fighgunner before fighmaster came out I loved it for 3 reasons really 1 Twin sabers and cross hurricane rule and it will be unstopable once you get sange and yasha
2 The double sabers of coarse
3 Get a good machine gun and a good single dagger and it rocks so hard I did Bulletdancer and 42% 9/9 half seraFI dagger and omg not only was it super fun to use it knew how to kill bust out the machine gun tag everything then move in for the kill. The machine gun did eenough dammage though to just use that too.

Seority
Feb 2, 2009, 01:28 PM
Freeze EX traps :D

If I'm ever Protranser of my party, I have everyone bring Freeze EX traps so I just spam them all mission. I occationaly pull out a shootgun if needed.

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 01:34 PM
Freeze EX traps :D

If I'm ever Protranser of my party, I have everyone bring Freeze EX traps so I just spam them all mission. I occationaly pull out a shootgun if needed.

Well you run out pritty fast now but I am sure you are right. I have a spread needle now so I need to wear that thing out right now XD
By the way I really like your signature picture.

Kylie
Feb 2, 2009, 01:37 PM
I haven't been a Protranser in a while, but I rely on melee even on it. I also use long bows and shotguns because I like those. It doesn't really matter as long as you use traps though, so go with whatever you prefer.

fortetoker
Feb 2, 2009, 01:38 PM
Well I used to be a fighgunner before fighmaster came out I loved it for 3 reasons really 1 Twin sabers and cross hurricane rule and it will be unstopable once you get sange and yasha
2 The double sabers of coarse
3 Get a good machine gun and a good single dagger and it rocks so hard I did Bulletdancer and 42% 9/9 half seraFI dagger and omg not only was it super fun to use it knew how to kill bust out the machine gun tag everything then move in for the kill. The machine gun did eenough dammage though to just use that too.

crosbow/single saber my fav combo as a fighgunner yak zagenga does extremely good damage and being followed up by spining strike seals the deal(their death) lol

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 01:41 PM
I haven't been a Protranser in a while, but I rely on melee even on it. I also use long bows and shotguns because I like those. It doesn't really matter as long as you use traps though, so go with whatever you prefer.

For protrancer although I have a gernade launcher and such I never use any of it. It seems I just use Bow and Shotgun and I used to melee alot but it is only with dus majara and muktengek thats like my favorite thing in game. But all my melee photon arts are lvl 50 so if I want to gain somthing from using a weapon I need to use guns although my down fall is probly that I only use ice right now. I just really like ice and blue is my favorite color. so for expample my shotgun ice is lvl 27 my bow is lvl 34 and gernade is 23 and all my other elements are like 2 or 0 =p

fortetoker
Feb 2, 2009, 02:03 PM
what server u play on?

biggabertha
Feb 2, 2009, 02:07 PM
Shotgun is my main weapon of choice on a Protranser. Laser Cannon is getting to be more of a favourite now too - dealing 1300+ damage to a line of enemies is just too good to pass up on.

(That and I spent literally DAYS leveling them all to Lv. 40)

Personally, I like the Sword and Handgun combination of weapons. Rising Strike and any fully leveled Handgun bullet PA make a powerful combination. Penetrating Hit is fairly handy for keeping a group of enemies staggered/slightly off balance while you slowly approach but the range reduction sucks. So does the damage but you can't have everything...

Still though, EX traps are useful - it's in the party's best interest to carry extra traps but I usually never ask them for that unless we really need it. Spamming EX traps just seems really lazy... hmmm... Cocoruru's going to stomp me flat for saying that...

Grenade Launcher is REALLY useful for the right situations, I'd highly recommend you to level them and use them to your best advantage.

Longbow, while being one of two of my favourite weapon type - just sucks for damage output. It's a shame but it's true. My second favourite weapon type also happens to suck too - the Longsword. Spears and Axes just beats them both, Handgun beats out Longbow too unless you need range or SE4 but those situations are really rare.

(Rikauteri, Kan Yu, Shigga Desta, Murasamera, Meteor Cannon, Ank Dedda, Muktengek, Gudda Skela, Azul Fire and B'duki Boa are my favourite looking Protranser weapons. I don't use all of them though - like I use a Shigga Baret, Kusanagira, Needle Cannon and a Storm instead of some of those)

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 02:13 PM
what server u play on?

Not sure who you are talking to but I play on the 360 server

Calsetes
Feb 2, 2009, 02:18 PM
(Bear in mind this is getting way off-topic)

Well, I pick "specializations" for all my characters, so that way there (hopefully) is no overlapping. As such, my Fortefighter uses sword weapons, so he uses Swords, Sabers, and Twin sabers and already has all those PA's. My Fighgunner was specializing in Double sabers, Twin daggers, Knuckles, Machine guns, Crossbows, and Twin handguns.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I agree with a few guys and as long as you use traps effectively, you'll be fine no matter what weapons you decide to go with. Heck, with this event going on, no one will really care if you're using the "wrong elements" on the monsters, really. So many times I've done runs using nothing but ice bullets, fire weapons, etc. and the monsters still go down quick.

Edit: One of the things I like about the Saber / Handgun combo is that it leaves you extremely versatile, though you won't be pulling off insane damage as you would with a 2-handed weapon, unless you're using Spinning Strike (and that's a bit of a pain to hit with, at least for me). Also, the Mayalee Hit bullet is really useful at times to keep your HP up a bit without using a ton of healing items, it just eats your PP like an Asian at a Hot Dog competition, even with a Cati / Bullet Save on. Still, it's nice for tagging at times...

fortetoker
Feb 2, 2009, 02:18 PM
Not sure who you are talking to but I play on the 360 server

yeah u sound like a pretty good player if ur lookin 4 new ppl to run with my gt is std crackmonkey

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 02:32 PM
what server u play on?

Shotgun is my main weapon of choice on a Protranser. Laser Cannon is getting to be more of a favourite now too - dealing 1300+ damage to a line of enemies is just too good to pass up on.

(That and I spent literally DAYS leveling them all to Lv. 40)

Personally, I like the Sword and Handgun combination of weapons. Rising Strike and any fully leveled Handgun bullet PA make a powerful combination. Penetrating Hit is fairly handy for keeping a group of enemies staggered/slightly off balance while you slowly approach but the range reduction sucks. So does the damage but you can't have everything...

Still though, EX traps are useful - it's in the party's best interest to carry extra traps but I usually never ask them for that unless we really need it. Spamming EX traps just seems really lazy... hmmm... Cocoruru's going to stomp me flat for saying that...

Grenade Launcher is REALLY useful for the right situations, I'd highly recommend you to level them and use them to your best advantage.

Longbow, while being one of two of my favourite weapon type - just sucks for damage output. It's a shame but it's true. My second favourite weapon type also happens to suck too - the Longsword. Spears and Axes just beats them both, Handgun beats out Longbow too unless you need range or SE4 but those situations are really rare.

(Rikauteri, Kan Yu, Shigga Desta, Murasamera, Meteor Cannon, Ank Dedda, Muktengek, Gudda Skela, Azul Fire and B'duki Boa are my favourite looking Protranser weapons. I don't use all of them though - like I use a Shigga Baret, Kusanagira, Needle Cannon and a Storm instead of some of those)

Well sadly because everyone keeps telling me how horrible the lazer cannon is I never even really gave it a chance

Alnet
Feb 2, 2009, 02:38 PM
Well sadly because everyone keeps telling me how horrible the lazer cannon is I never even really gave it a chance
Laser cannon used to be unusable, but since then they buffed the hell out of Rifle and Laser Cannon. They both received huge boosts to ATP and elemental attribute, not that Rifle will matter much to a PT.

At LV1, Laser has something like 30% element, up to a maximum of 50% at LV41+ (as a PT, you'll have 45% element tops at 31-40). Also, at LV31, Laser Cannon gets Status Effect LV3, which is just brutal on enemies that show up in packs. It's definitely worth leveling.

fortetoker
Feb 2, 2009, 02:39 PM

every1 sayin that bcuz its hard to lvl if u dont no where to do it, for instance the poltys at end of main mission in winter carnival is a great place

Calsetes
Feb 2, 2009, 02:42 PM
It's not that lasers are bad, they just require a bit of strategy to use really really well, especially if you're not a Gunmaster.

As a Protranser, they work well if you have either groups of small mobs, or a few big guys you can maneuver into something of a line. Because of the slow fire rate on them though, you need to only take a few shots off before you run again. Plus, you won't be doing phenomenal damage until your bullets get higher in level anyway. Just stick with it if you do decide to give it a try, it does take awhile before bullets with any gun get that "crap your pants" factor (a prime example of which is crossbows).

I'd say pick up a Meteor Cannon if you can and give it a go, you might end up liking it a good bit.

Edit: The best way to level a bullet while playing (and not using some sort of "AFK leveling" technique) is to pick up a bullet/save if you can, grab one or two cannons of any sort, and equip the same bullet on them, and just stick with it until it hits level 11, then switch them for another under-11 bullet, and just keep doing that. Just use nothing but the cannon and it'll be no time until you see the difference. Gets you a good bit of XP, MP, money, and items all while leveling your bullets. The other thing you could do while doing this is switch to Gunmaster (assuming you've met the requirements for it) and use that to help level it - the increased speed does help out a good bit. Actually, I think using the Yohmei S-rank and a Cati / Bullet Save on my gunmaster pretty much ensures that you won't run out of PP using a cannon during the event missions (assuming other people are with you).

DreXxiN
Feb 2, 2009, 02:53 PM
Definitely freeze EX traps, but if I had to pick a favorite actual weapon on my pallete, it'd be Shotgun.

Spread Needle /G is excellent for GM because it makes up for their lack of ATA.

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 02:58 PM
(Bear in mind this is getting way off-topic)

Well, I pick "specializations" for all my characters, so that way there (hopefully) is no overlapping. As such, my Fortefighter uses sword weapons, so he uses Swords, Sabers, and Twin sabers and already has all those PA's. My Fighgunner was specializing in Double sabers, Twin daggers, Knuckles, Machine guns, Crossbows, and Twin handguns.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I agree with a few guys and as long as you use traps effectively, you'll be fine no matter what weapons you decide to go with. Heck, with this event going on, no one will really care if you're using the "wrong elements" on the monsters, really. So many times I've done runs using nothing but ice bullets, fire weapons, etc. and the monsters still go down quick.

Edit: One of the things I like about the Saber / Handgun combo is that it leaves you extremely versatile, though you won't be pulling off insane damage as you would with a 2-handed weapon, unless you're using Spinning Strike (and that's a bit of a pain to hit with, at least for me). Also, the Mayalee Hit bullet is really useful at times to keep your HP up a bit without using a ton of healing items, it just eats your PP like an Asian at a Hot Dog competition, even with a Cati / Bullet Save on. Still, it's nice for tagging at times...

yeah u sound like a pretty good player if ur lookin 4 new ppl to run with my gt is std crackmonkey

Laser cannon used to be unusable, but since then they buffed the hell out of Rifle and Laser Cannon. They both received huge boosts to ATP and elemental attribute, not that Rifle will matter much to a PT.

At LV1, Laser has something like 30% element, up to a maximum of 50% at LV41+ (as a PT, you'll have 45% element tops at 31-40). Also, at LV31, Laser Cannon gets Status Effect LV3, which is just brutal on enemies that show up in packs. It's definitely worth leveling.

every1 sayin that bcuz its hard to lvl if u dont no where to do it, for instance the poltys at end of main mission in winter carnival is a great place

It's not that lasers are bad, they just require a bit of strategy to use really really well, especially if you're not a Gunmaster.

As a Protranser, they work well if you have either groups of small mobs, or a few big guys you can maneuver into something of a line. Because of the slow fire rate on them though, you need to only take a few shots off before you run again. Plus, you won't be doing phenomenal damage until your bullets get higher in level anyway. Just stick with it if you do decide to give it a try, it does take awhile before bullets with any gun get that "crap your pants" factor (a prime example of which is crossbows).

I'd say pick up a Meteor Cannon if you can and give it a go, you might end up liking it a good bit.

Edit: The best way to level a bullet while playing (and not using some sort of "AFK leveling" technique) is to pick up a bullet/save if you can, grab one or two cannons of any sort, and equip the same bullet on them, and just stick with it until it hits level 11, then switch them for another under-11 bullet, and just keep doing that. Just use nothing but the cannon and it'll be no time until you see the difference. Gets you a good bit of XP, MP, money, and items all while leveling your bullets. The other thing you could do while doing this is switch to Gunmaster (assuming you've met the requirements for it) and use that to help level it - the increased speed does help out a good bit. Actually, I think using the Yohmei S-rank and a Cati / Bullet Save on my gunmaster pretty much ensures that you won't run out of PP using a cannon during the event missions (assuming other people are with you).

Well first of all who really cares if this gets off topic because id rather it go off topic and keep the conversation going then let the topic die and just get off pso world because I wouldnt know where else to post

On a nother note yes people are weird they will tell you somthing sucks and somthing else is better just because they either dont know how to use it dont know how to look at the diffrent ways its used or its just hard to level up.

Well now a days I am very picky who I add because I share my gamertag because when we started we both used the same like name didnt know couldnt move it and we both have lvl 150 and mine is 137 so neither of us are moving. So because of this our gamertag is full with only our good friends so Id have to play with you before I can add you sorry.

I would have to say Freeze traps are my favorite traps espeshaly the EX ones because the stun ones stink because they always push the enemys out of the trap. The fire ones dont stop them in their tracks like freeze and when freeze ends they are still stuck for a few seconds fires over they come right for you before you can lay down more. The freeze ones I love because it stops them from doing anything dosnt push them away and hits them hard and like I said once it wears off it gives me plenty of time to set some more without getting 1 shoted between traps.

kejen
Feb 2, 2009, 03:22 PM
You can lay 2 at a time. So what I do is lay one, fire it off. Then lay another and when the first one is done, first off the second while they are frozen. This way my npc or friend can beat them up.If going for max damage, do 2 at a time.

Rarely use traps in groups since no need. Those big robots in quake is one exception.

You can also push small/medium size mobs towards the trap for freeze. 2-3 traps usually takes care of any group of enemies.

And handguns are good because it's the only weapon protranser can float with.

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 03:30 PM
You can lay 2 at a time. So what I do is lay one, fire it off. Then lay another and when the first one is done, first off the second while they are frozen. This way my npc or friend can beat them up.If going for max damage, do 2 at a time.

Rarely use traps in groups since no need. Those big robots in quake is one exception.

You can also push small/medium size mobs towards the trap for freeze. 2-3 traps usually takes care of any group of enemies.

And handguns are good because it's the only weapon protranser can float with.

What do you mean by "And handguns are good because it's the only weapon protranser can float with"?

mll
Feb 2, 2009, 04:12 PM
He means they're the only weapon they can strafe with.
So many of PT's weapons are big and slow it makes the saber / pistol combo kind of a must have just because its fast and relatively safe.

EMPYREAN
Feb 2, 2009, 04:59 PM
dont have a fav, just using the guns that fit the situation.
if i play PT then the my pallet is; gloves, twin pistol, bow, shotty, laser.

biggabertha
Feb 2, 2009, 05:12 PM
Seriously?

Someone told you Laser Cannons were lame?

Level all six elemental prisms as fast as you can to Lv. 40! You WILL NOT regret it when you realise the phenomenal damage they can deal when you hit three or more targets!

Killing six Kakwanes before they get to you is awesome, killing six Polties before they touch you is rather lame since they're never a threat.

When you kill four or more Sworded Go Vahras without getting hurt, now THAT'S, a GOOOOOOOOD feeling!

Shotguns, Laser Cannons and Grenade Launchers are a Protranser's BEST form of damage so long as the enemy isn't resistant to bullets but then again...

It's not everyone's cup of tea to deal damage or kill things quickly - that's where the skill and determination of learning how well to use those three firearms in as many situations as possible becomes fun.

I mean... afterall, you ARE going to get hit using those weapons until you get those bullets at their highest level and know your limits.

Jainsea
Feb 2, 2009, 07:22 PM
I too have a "frail" female human Pt Melissa805 :p Super fun class :D
My pallet is
-knuckles/sometimes Axe
-shotgun (Barada Maga)
-shotgun (ice)
-bow
-laser
-Grenade Launcher

love the class because its so flexible :D YAY to all the PT's in here!

Melissa805
Feb 2, 2009, 07:26 PM
dont have a fav, just using the guns that fit the situation.
if i play PT then the my pallet is; gloves, twin pistol, bow, shotty, laser.

Seriously?

Someone told you Laser Cannons were lame?

Level all six elemental prisms as fast as you can to Lv. 40! You WILL NOT regret it when you realise the phenomenal damage they can deal when you hit three or more targets!

Killing six Kakwanes before they get to you is awesome, killing six Polties before they touch you is rather lame since they're never a threat.

When you kill four or more Sworded Go Vahras without getting hurt, now THAT'S, a GOOOOOOOOD feeling!

Shotguns, Laser Cannons and Grenade Launchers are a Protranser's BEST form of damage so long as the enemy isn't resistant to bullets but then again...

It's not everyone's cup of tea to deal damage or kill things quickly - that's where the skill and determination of learning how well to use those three firearms in as many situations as possible becomes fun.

I mean... afterall, you ARE going to get hit using those weapons until you get those bullets at their highest level and know your limits.

He means they're the only weapon they can strafe with.
So many of PT's weapons are big and slow it makes the saber / pistol combo kind of a must have just because its fast and relatively safe.

I have to say being safe as a protrancer is nice espeshaly if your running around the mobs and using traps. But I still dont think that is my cup of tea.
I Understand what everyone is sayen about dammage I loved how I was just on fighmaster with anga jabroga at 50 and I do about 10k a hit to each monster in the room with that. So although most people just seem to use it on boss's I like to walk into a room with lots of little enemys and kill them all in one shot. XD
As far as lvling all photon arts to 40 for the lazer cannon I dont know because Like Im just having trouble getting my ice shots to 40. So getting all the elements to it should definatly be interesting.

mvffin
Feb 3, 2009, 12:00 AM
laser cannons aren't too bad to level during the event. 1-21 only took 4-6 runs on S, and I only used lasers on the fire Polty room, then abandoned. Even past level 35 I still gain a full level per run for any laser. Switching to GM level 1 helps a lot for laser leveling(shotguns too, but they seem to level fast for me anyways).

As for Saber/Handgun, its not really necessary, but I just like Rising Strike too much.

Tetsaru
Feb 3, 2009, 12:08 AM
Normally I play GM, but occasionally I play PT for support roles when the need arises. I'm usually on EX Trap duty, but weapon-wise, I use the following:

Bow (closest thing to rifle I can get)
Shotgun
Spear
Laser
Grenades
Saber + Handgun

I've thought about using axes, but I tend to hate how sluggish they are unless I'm playing as a FM, for their added speed.

Imo, PT is very similar to FG/GM in a lot of ways. It's a very fun class. :3

N2TrAnC3
Feb 3, 2009, 01:30 AM
BOW, LASER, SHOTGUN, SPEAR, GRENADE, SWORD or KNUCKLES.....

sikotic_demon
Feb 3, 2009, 10:42 AM
My pallet generally looks something like this
Sword
Spear
Fists
Axe
Bow
Pistol / Saber

On occasion i will swap the Fists for a Laser or Grenade launcher. Also i try not to use the EX traps as much as most people say you should. I have been running as a Protranser since shortly after Firebreak ended almost 2 years ago.

If you would like further assistance on this I would be happy to help. I do believe I have ran with your brother before. I am not sure witch carecters card he has. They are Jerry, my main, Kitten, Sikotic, And Tron 2.0. If i am on dont be afraid to say something.

Melissa805
Feb 3, 2009, 12:14 PM
Alright well so far everyone has told me laser cannon in this forum is really good which made me want to level it. Although at the same time my Laser cannon photon arts are at 0 while lets say my generade launcher is 25 on ice. Should What are your opinions on generade launcher vs laser cannon because I need to decide which one to level up first in that corner.

Magician
Feb 3, 2009, 12:22 PM
Alright well so far everyone has told me laser cannon in this forum is really good which made me want to level it. Although at the same time my Laser cannon photon arts are at 0 while lets say my generade launcher is 25 on ice. Should What are your opinions on generade launcher vs laser cannon because I need to decide which one to level up first in that corner.

Grenade bullets level much faster than laser cannon bullets.

Level the laser cannon bullets before the carnival's "polty alley" is over and gone.

Melissa805
Feb 3, 2009, 12:29 PM
Grenade bullets level much faster than laser cannon bullets.

Level the laser cannon bullets before the carnival's "polty alley" is over and gone.

How do others feel about this and do you think a needle cannon would be a good choice for me to use?

Neith
Feb 3, 2009, 01:27 PM
How do others feel about this and do you think a needle cannon would be a good choice for me to use?

Needle Cannon is a very nice gun, definitely worth using. I used to use one until I switched to a Love Infernoc (the Kubara version- grinded it to 5 so it isn't much weaker than a Needle Cannon, but has a lot more PP).

As for leveling lasers, the Polty spawns in that side room of Charged Puzzle are amazing for it- level bullets while the mission is there. Otherwise, places like Sleeping Warriors and Sakura Blast are good for leveling it.

Melissa805
Feb 3, 2009, 01:41 PM
Needle Cannon is a very nice gun, definitely worth using. I used to use one until I switched to a Love Infernoc (the Kubara version- grinded it to 5 so it isn't much weaker than a Needle Cannon, but has a lot more PP).

As for leveling lasers, the Polty spawns in that side room of Charged Puzzle are amazing for it- level bullets while the mission is there. Otherwise, places like Sleeping Warriors and Sakura Blast are good for leveling it.

I actully love everything about the love inferno. So maybe you bring a good point about the kabura version maybe I should look for a grinded one of those. If I can find one for a decent price I can just use that. Thank you for the really good idea!

Meta77
Feb 3, 2009, 01:43 PM
ill still look for the inferno though.

stukasa
Feb 3, 2009, 01:46 PM
The Love Infernoc doesn't have the special heart firing animation though, it just looks like a normal laser. That's why I don't like Kubara guns.

Neith
Feb 3, 2009, 01:47 PM
I actully love everything about the love inferno. So maybe you bring a good point about the kabura version maybe I should look for a grinded one of those. If I can find one for a decent price I can just use that. Thank you for the really good idea!

I'm a big fan of Kubara guns in general, but Lasers in are good. You do sacrifice a few things by using a Love Infernoc:
- It's not pink/red (which for me, is a bonus, seeing as my gunner usually uses jet-black parts)
- No bullet effect (Love Inferno fires a pink love heart, Infernoc fires the regular laser beam)
- Weaker ATP. As I said though, mine's at +5 grind, and has about 570ATP (Needle Cannon at 0 grind has 616), so the difference isn't too bad.

PP is a huge bonus though- as a Gunmaster, having additional PP is a godsend. Needle Cannon at +0 hs 1263PP, my Infernoc has 1800+, making for a long time between charges. If you're not too bothered about the bullet animation/colour/slight extra power of the GRM version, then definitely look into getting a Kubara.

If you can't get a cheap Infernoc though, a Needle Cannon will serve you well too (some people would argue better, but I think they're about even.)

Melissa805
Feb 3, 2009, 01:53 PM
I'm a big fan of Kubara guns in general, but Lasers in are good. You do sacrifice a few things by using a Love Infernoc:
- It's not pink/red (which for me, is a bonus, seeing as my gunner usually uses jet-black parts)
- No bullet effect (Love Inferno fires a pink love heart, Infernoc fires the regular laser beam)
- Weaker ATP. As I said though, mine's at +5 grind, and has about 570ATP (Needle Cannon at 0 grind has 616), so the difference isn't too bad.

PP is a huge bonus though- as a Gunmaster, having additional PP is a godsend. Needle Cannon at +0 hs 1263PP, my Infernoc has 1800+, making for a long time between charges. If you're not too bothered about the bullet animation/colour/slight extra power of the GRM version, then definitely look into getting a Kubara.

If you can't get a cheap Infernoc though, a Needle Cannon will serve you well too (some people would argue better, but I think they're about even.)

The Love Infernoc doesn't have the special heart firing animation though, it just looks like a normal laser. That's why I don't like Kubara guns.

ill still look for the inferno though.

Aww well that is lame I guess that wont work then. looks like we are still going to have to go after the love inforno. I just have alot of study todo and do not like that my chance to get it is so long away let alone the rareness of it. Sence I am working on becoming a fire fighter in the airforce soon. So my time to play this game is very limited so when people say O this is coming out. I think o wow really when and they tell me like in 6 months Im thinking people dont realize how long of a time that is.

Neith
Feb 3, 2009, 01:56 PM
Aww well that is lame I guess that wont work then. looks like we are still going to have to go after the love inforno. I just have alot of study todo and do not like that my chance to get it is so long away let alone the rareness of it. Sence I am working on becoming a fire fighter in the airforce soon. So my time to play this game is very limited so when people say O this is coming out. I think o wow really when and they tell me like in 6 months Im thinking people dont realize how long of a time that is.

Love Inferno boards should drop from Lv100+ Jaggo Amure sometime around March (I think)- with the Neudaiz rare mission, it may be easier to get this year (last year it was almost impossible to get one).

Unfortunately, Sega like to make many items event-exclusive (whether it be seasonal events or in-game events), which can be problematic for people who may not have much time to play.

Melissa805
Feb 3, 2009, 02:11 PM
Love Inferno boards should drop from Lv100+ Jaggo Amure sometime around March (I think)- with the Neudaiz rare mission, it may be easier to get this year (last year it was almost impossible to get one).

Unfortunately, Sega like to make many items event-exclusive (whether it be seasonal events or in-game events), which can be problematic for people who may not have much time to play.

Well I used to play final fantasy 11 so psu should be super easy compared to that I mean leveling and everything was always quick and easy on there it was just hard getting a group todo it with. But when you wanted to the best gear that was a hole nother story. Like if you wanted a osode body armor from the god kirin you had to finish the story mode of zigarat with like a group of 6+ atleast then kill like 5 gods after getting pop items for each of them then finaly taking like 40 people to kill kirin and dieing a few times. Just for the possibility it might not drop. So compared to stuff like this I am sure it should be easy.

Calsetes
Feb 3, 2009, 02:21 PM
Oh god, I HATED FFXI because of stuff like that. That, and after playing for 2 or 3 years, having a job level of 37 being your "highest" kind of made me quit. I like casual games like this so much more.

Melissa805
Feb 3, 2009, 02:30 PM
Oh god, I HATED FFXI because of stuff like that. That, and after playing for 2 or 3 years, having a job level of 37 being your "highest" kind of made me quit. I like casual games like this so much more.

In 3 years I had 8 75 jobs =p

Calsetes
Feb 3, 2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I know. My friend even agreed with me that there's no possible way anyone's luck could be THAT bad in the game, but mine was. Plus, this was before the whole "level synching" thing came out, so that didn't help matters much.

But at least I'm level 133 in this, and played it for about the same length of time (maybe less since I took a year off of it).