PDA

View Full Version : PSU The next big thing

Aeris the techer
Feb 2, 2009, 07:02 PM
As you all know, the JP version of the game will be recieving a massive update of over 160+ items. Now I'm just as excited as the next person for this to come to U.S. servers. I mean, what could be better than an update that allows us to use new weapons and armor and wear new clothes?!;-)

Now, I realize that it will more than likely be months before we ever get this update, but what is going to happen to PSU's economy? We've already seen what happened with the S+10 grinder and to date back even further, the twin bearclaw glitch. With all of these new opportunities, who knows what might happen? :no:

But suppose everything goes well and there are no glitches or problems. We've never seen an update of this magnitude. The so called "rare" items that now exist like the psycho wand or rattlesnake which can cost you over 200mil when grinded to 10, may drop from 250mil to 30mil in less than 24 hours because all it takes is some rare hunters to find a batch of the new 15* weapons and ruin what we once called "ultimate weapons".:-o

Or am I wrong? maybe we'll just sell everything before the update in order to get all the money we can? I just don't know. Maybe its just me but when we get this, just what is going to happen?:-?

Dragwind
Feb 2, 2009, 07:04 PM
The economy has always been changing since the game came out, and it's most likely going to keep happening. If anything, the new "rares" will possibly replace the older ones as high price items.

Alnet
Feb 2, 2009, 07:21 PM
^ Probably that.

Also, it's possible that the items' rarities will be tweaked around (there's a lot of C and B-ranks in PSP) to make them usable by Advanced Types, and so their stats will be messed around with also. It wouldn't surprise me if those meat swords become super-high priced, lol.

And their stats will be messed with anyway, given the transition from game to game. It's not really possible to tell what'll happen to some items.

Aeris the techer
Feb 2, 2009, 07:33 PM
but it does (and I guess it should) concern me a little because after all of the effort put into grinding and making weapons, its like all of that is destroyed in a matter of hours. Take for example the first day we got the 1UP cup, the legendary Crea Doubles and the Carriguine-Rucar (as it once was) dropped like candy. And I'm sure our Repca owners are worried right now about the new bonus mission coming to the winter carnival soon. After a while it kinda makes someone just want to go back to A rank weapons. (at least they have a consistant value) And to be honest I'm not worried about the everday S ranks but again, the next big thing could ruin a lot of our good 50% or 10/10 weapons that we dump stacks of meseta on, I mean losing that much money would really suck...

stukasa
Feb 2, 2009, 07:36 PM
I think it's too early to start worrying what might happen to the economy. Besides, JP will get this update long before we do, so when they get it you can just ask what happened to their economy instead of guessing what might happen to ours.

Aeris the techer
Feb 2, 2009, 07:43 PM
Yes, perhaps you're right. But then again, if we don't prepare, the worst will surely happen.
Probably at this point, like you said, wait and see what happens to JP would be best.
I'll just have to get someone who can read Japanese lol. I certainly hope for the best.
I can't say how many good people I've seen quit the game because they lost basically everything they had :(

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 2, 2009, 07:51 PM
after WC i doubt we wont see anything until summer around late june early july if you been following sega since day one you notice a pattern in there updates on the US server.

Csero
Feb 2, 2009, 07:58 PM
Don't worry so much, we probably won't even get it. Though it'd be nice.

I mostly want new clothes.

gratefulgriz
Feb 2, 2009, 10:43 PM
lets have fun! I too want new clothes!! <--- CAST

RemiusTA
Feb 2, 2009, 11:20 PM
The economy has always been changing since the game came out, and it's most likely going to keep happening. If anything, the new "rares" will possibly replace the older ones as high price items.

Lets be real now. We all know Sonic Team isn't smart.

Im sure most of these will be C/A ranks, and the ones that are S ranks will still suck.

Tyreek
Feb 3, 2009, 01:15 AM
Now you know what happens when we assume. :wacko:

Let's have the JP players get their fill of these weapons and then let's make our judgements from that.

On the topic of C/A ranks. There is only one A rank from PSP that I want. And that is Sacred Duster. I will be damned surprised if it turns out to be S Rank in PSU, but I wouldn't count on it.

Chimeria
Feb 3, 2009, 02:39 AM
I've been using the Neiclaw alot...so all I want is my Neiclaw+
I hate using the S-Rank weapons because S-grinders are kinda hard to get and you could easily spend over 1000000 meseta on like 5 of them in player shops. Although, I do love my Viper though...

That and new clothes and parts for my character.

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Feb 3, 2009, 10:46 AM
As you all know, the JP version of the game will be recieving a massive update of over 160+ items. Now I'm just as excited as the next person for this to come to U.S. servers. I mean, what could be better than an update that allows us to use new weapons and armor and wear new clothes?!;-)

Now, I realize that it will more than likely be months before we ever get this update, but what is going to happen to PSU's economy? We've already seen what happened with the S+10 grinder and to date back even further, the twin bearclaw glitch. With all of these new opportunities, who knows what might happen? :no:

But suppose everything goes well and there are no glitches or problems. We've never seen an update of this magnitude. The so called "rare" items that now exist like the psycho wand or rattlesnake which can cost you over 200mil when grinded to 10, may drop from 250mil to 30mil in less than 24 hours because all it takes is some rare hunters to find a batch of the new 15* weapons and ruin what we once called "ultimate weapons".:-o

Or am I wrong? maybe we'll just sell everything before the update in order to get all the money we can? I just don't know. Maybe its just me but when we get this, just what is going to happen?:-?

Well I think you are wrong in a sense. Players wont be able to have a "batch" of the 15* weapons. If im not mistaken, you are only allowed 1 of each per player account, but given the fact that everyone will have at least one of them to fit their palette I wouldnt see why they dont just hang on to them. :-?

lantis-zagato
Feb 3, 2009, 12:11 PM
You should be happy that you had the time and meseta to put into your current "ultimate" weapons. I'm sure you will be fine after the update.

DesuJet
Feb 3, 2009, 02:38 PM

You care too damn much.

Aeris the techer
Feb 3, 2009, 08:12 PM
lol maybe so, i just want to be able to enjoy the game, even though it is only a game
its nice to be able to enjoy something that i pay $10 a month for >.>

darthplagis
Feb 3, 2009, 09:55 PM
the thing i don't understand is, what you are saying is the weapons that you have now... the ones you saved for worked hard to get and grind you will be willing to replace as soon as a weapon with a higher * rating is released??

to me this is backwards. why not enjoy the game actually hunting for the weapons you want with friends and if you get completely sick of looking try to buy one.

its really bad when you meet people in the game that see a weapon on your pallet that's a high % and/or high grind and instantly ask how much you payed for it!!!

i have found and made best part of my arsenal since fire break (over two accounts) and i ground my fair share of 10/10 too (though i usually stick at 7). now my point to this is if you have struggled say back in the day to get a deva zashi (usually from goshin) and you did manage a nice % or grind, would you sell it to make way for a shiraha zashi or even an amore tip? knowing the pain and laughs you went through to get it? as was mentioned about the 1up cup and double sabers..... just because weapon boards/full made may be dropping, if you hunt/ed for them anyway (rather than buying everything) can you justify selling them when the sentiment is attached?

i know for a fact i have stacks of weapons that i will NEVER sell (ryo pistatorecs, madam/vanbrella, crimsons and vipers {yes i mean it} right down to hoshi kikami). yeah the new content is cool and yeah i want the lavis blades again but i would NEVER sell my DoS or my twin DB's to get them. yes i understand that when you buy a weapon that selling it is easy but that goes back to my point PEOPLE STOP JUST BUYING WEAPONS!!! GO FIND THEM

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 4, 2009, 12:00 AM
I dont buy weps i find it quite pointless and a big waste of money only wep i have ever brought was a kan yu 36% dark 9/9 for 5.5 mil