Feb 3, 2009, 12:27 AM
Some youtuber used my artwork Gekko Chou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxFesQVIKkY
for the song of the same name.

http://jziadi.net/html/Art/Traditional/Gekkou%20Chou.jpg

I dont know what to think about it!

Shadowpawn
Feb 3, 2009, 12:28 AM
Go and thank him, asshole. Don't be shy. :D That is pretty neat seeing your art pop up somewhere on the vast sea that is the net.

Saner
Feb 3, 2009, 01:41 AM
amazing stuff! wait! don't they need your permission first? :p well I guess you can just reply and inform you made that art on that video page.

Weeaboolits
Feb 3, 2009, 01:44 AM
Demand royalties.

W0LB0T
Feb 3, 2009, 01:51 AM
Bash that bastard fo' stealin' yo artz

Outrider
Feb 3, 2009, 10:30 AM
Make a youtube video using his art.

That'll show 'em.

SpikeOtacon
Feb 3, 2009, 01:37 PM
I hear DMCA takedowns are all the rage these days.

Larian
Feb 3, 2009, 09:48 PM
Take his ass to court and rape him for every penny he is worth!! =D

afterthoughtz
Feb 3, 2009, 09:49 PM
amazing stuff! wait! don't they need your permission first? :p well I guess you can just reply and inform you made that art on that video page.Ya even if he knew it was you, i doubt he'd or anyone else agree with you:-?

Randomness
Feb 3, 2009, 09:57 PM
Technically speaking, anything that Sayara draws is automatically her property, and thus falls under copyright law. Filing copyrights is, from my understanding, mostly proof-of-ownership. (And thus greatly simplifies legal proceedings)

But I'm pretty sure that falls under fair use anyways. Unless he profits. Then yeah, sue the hell out of him.

afterthoughtz
Feb 3, 2009, 10:00 PM
Seriously?! Sue over a youtube video?? Please tell me you guys are joking??

Randomness
Feb 3, 2009, 10:18 PM
This is FKL. Hadn't you noticed?

Sayara
Feb 3, 2009, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't make a big fuss about it, just credit maybe.

Anything she makes hahaha...

Outrider
Feb 3, 2009, 10:21 PM
anything that Sayara draws is automatically her property

Sayara is quite the pretty lady.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2095/129/48/624145480/n624145480_5593126_1972.jpg

Sayara
Feb 3, 2009, 10:25 PM
Im butch ok?

Alnet
Feb 3, 2009, 11:52 PM
Demand royalties.
Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth, on page 1, even.

navci
Feb 4, 2009, 03:30 PM
I think there is only one word to say:

SU

TheOneHero
Feb 4, 2009, 04:56 PM
Navi wins. :3

This reminds me of my giant oreo...then seeing dozens of people do the same thing. But not as cool or epic.

astuarlen
Feb 4, 2009, 05:24 PM
Technically speaking, anything that Sayara draws is automatically her property, and thus falls under copyright law. Filing copyrights is, from my understanding, mostly proof-of-ownership. (And thus greatly simplifies legal proceedings)

But I'm pretty sure that falls under fair use anyways. Unless he profits. Then yeah, sue the hell out of him.

IANAL (I've always wanted to say that, though I suppose it would prove more profitable to be able to say IAAL) but, yes, under current US copyright law all rights of reproduction, distribution, display, modification, etc are reserved to the creator upon creation. Although fair use is not precisely delineated under current law, this almost certainly does not qualify; fair use doesn't mean help yourself as long as you're not making money, though that idea sure seems popular with those Internetizens. 'Course this kind of routine infringement is--well, generally no one seems to care. Problems arise when creative output becomes devalued by this sort of nonchallance or the belief that all IP should be freeeee (see also: Orphan Works). But I'm really tired right now and a poor substitute for all those fabulous sources one might find courtesy of the Googles.

Sayara
Feb 6, 2009, 04:03 PM
So heres a funny thought, how would i techichally prove that i physically did that artwork? Do i take a photo of myself with what i worked with to get that image? (in example, this particular image was inversed in the sky to make it black sky.)

navci
Feb 7, 2009, 03:06 PM
So heres a funny thought, how would i techichally prove that i physically did that artwork? Do i take a photo of myself with what i worked with to get that image? (in example, this particular image was inversed in the sky to make it black sky.)

You pee on it. :>