PDA

View Full Version : AotI Retroactive Carnival Missions?

Puppet_Papaya
Feb 3, 2009, 11:43 AM
I was wondering if these new carnival missions will remain available after the event is over? Will it be like MAG where we can play the mission, just without the exp and monster hp bonuses?
I recently got laid off from my job so I can't afford to play right now (perfect timing!) I don't wanna miss out on air board racing or anything, though!

Calsetes
Feb 3, 2009, 11:51 AM
I don't know, but from what I've heard, it doesn't sound like they will (the way everyone's clamoring about finding repca's and such before the event ends). My suggestion would be (and this is coming from someone in a VERY similar situation back during 1-Up Cup) is to file for unemployment, pray that you have the $10 to spare (assuming your subscription expires in the next week or so), and resubscribe if you want to play badly. If not, then you still have until the last bought month expires to play, even if you cancel (i.e. you renewed back on the 30th, you have until the end of the month to play no matter what).

That really sucks about your job, but I know if you can spare the monthly fee, an event like this does help keep boredom at bay while you look for another job.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 3, 2009, 11:51 AM
They didn't keep them on the JP servers, only the board racing has made it's way back eventually, the rest have disappeared into the abyss.

But if you just got laid off, you have all the time in the world to play, right?

EspioKaos
Feb 3, 2009, 12:03 PM
The airboard racing, duel and exchange missions had post-event versions released on the JP side after the Mission Carnival ended, so I expect we'll see something similar.

JAFO22000
Feb 3, 2009, 12:11 PM
If I was to be laid off, the last thing on my mind would be airboard racing...

SammaeltheDark
Feb 3, 2009, 12:28 PM
If I was to be laid off, the last thing on my mind would be airboard racing...

If you were laid off, I'd hope the last thing on your mind would be playing a subscription-based online game at all

Puppet_Papaya
Feb 3, 2009, 06:19 PM
If you were laid off, I'd hope the last thing on your mind would be playing a subscription-based online game at all

Was my initial post so hard to understand? Well, I guess I'll clarify. I wanted to know if the carnival missions would remain up so that I could play them AFTER I FIND A NEW JOB AND CAN AFFORD THE TIME AND MONEY TO PLAY.

Zwick_
Feb 4, 2009, 01:38 PM
The airboard racing, duel and exchange missions had post-event versions released on the JP side after the Mission Carnival ended, so I expect we'll see something similar.

Theres your answer

Kinako78
Feb 4, 2009, 10:40 PM
Was my initial post so hard to understand? Well, I guess I'll clarify. I wanted to know if the carnival missions would remain up so that I could play them AFTER I FIND A NEW JOB AND CAN AFFORD THE TIME AND MONEY TO PLAY.

Get used to it. People stray from the main point of the topic quite easily here.