PDA

View Full Version : Defense vs. Element

_Vyser_
Feb 3, 2009, 03:54 PM
Well, I'd like to be able to survive as many hits from the bonus mission Carriguine as I can. I can't decide if I should equip my Orpad / Guard or Legsless / Rainbow to my dark armor. Which is better in this game now, defense or element % :-?

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 3, 2009, 03:58 PM
Me personally i use the legless rainbow.......

I notice the difference when i fought the delnadian...when i have have orpad guard...i die in one hit.....but when i had the legless rainbow....i actually lived

Of course i would think it depends on the % of the armor as well

_Vyser_
Feb 3, 2009, 04:04 PM
My armor is 38% dark. All I remember is that Sega messed up the calculations so that the percent on the armor is not the percent you actually get (if that makes sense).

SammaeltheDark
Feb 3, 2009, 04:36 PM
Defense is a straight damage reduction while Elemental resist is % based.. so you have to ask yourself if you're getting hit for enough that the % reduction is greater than the straight damage reduction

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 3, 2009, 04:44 PM
Defense is a straight damage reduction while Elemental resist is % based.. so you have to ask yourself if you're getting hit for enough that the % reduction is greater than the straight damage reduction

When it comes to the bonus runs i think elemental resist>straigh damage
but thats just my opinion

RemiusTA
Feb 3, 2009, 04:49 PM
you would have thought PSU would have fixed the extremely poor weight on the DEF stat, but they didn't. Stats like DFP and MST can be hundreds of points apart and only do like 50 points in difference.

So it goes without saying elemental %'ages in this game are far more useful than just defense points.

Powder Keg
Feb 3, 2009, 06:05 PM
% can mean a lot more, I have a de colte line that's 42% Dark, and even though it has only 1DFP I take virtually no damage from dark enemies.

_Vyser_
Feb 3, 2009, 06:37 PM
Ah, I knew defense stats were bad, but not quite that bad...Thanks for the input everyone.

RemiusTA
Feb 3, 2009, 08:13 PM
Yes, defense points are COMPLETELY eclipsed by %ages in this game. Completely. with an armor with +700 DEF points vs. armor with 50% correct element of enemy, im sure the 50% armor would still be far more efficient.