PDA

View Full Version : NPC Frustrations

NiceOnes
Feb 3, 2009, 05:42 PM
I wish NPC party members were smarter, more specifically:

1. Heal when I need health, not solely when you are about to perish. Selfish bot!
2. Take it upon yourself to go attack a group of enemies without me having to walk through the pack to get you started.
3. Cast your damn SUV when there is more than 1 polty on the board!

Why are these ideas so out of reach!?

NiceOnes

SammaeltheDark
Feb 3, 2009, 06:14 PM
I don't expect them to do much more than act as distractions for some monsters. Anything else they do that turns out to be beneficial is just an added bonus

That said, I've always just wished they were smart enough to break you out of ground traps or Ruins' "bell" traps instead of just standing there and watching you take the hit. This complaint holds true for PSO/PSU/PSZ

desturel
Feb 3, 2009, 06:41 PM
1. Heal when I need health, not solely when you are about to perish. Selfish bot!

450, 454, 432, 433, 440, 442, 443. It's been a while since I used them, but I believe 411, 431, 470, 480, and 490 also heal you.

As for your other two points, I can't help you. The 412, 422, 424, 441, and 490 will go off and fight on their own, but sometimes they require you to run them through the middle of the pack to start them off. Tylor fights on his own as well, but tends to get stuck on shuffle step.

Arika
Feb 3, 2009, 07:57 PM
In conclusion: they have intention not to make NPC too good and support player to be in party more. They don't want people to ditch noob and say that he rather play with NPCs (if they can heal, buff, and destroy traps for him whenever he need, (techer class will become useless)

ashley50
Feb 3, 2009, 07:58 PM
NPC's main use is meatshield or Distractions. And if you keep them alive long enough...be sure to have a PM with an area effect SUV or it'll miss.

Same goes to NPCs, especially beasts, great ally for techers. Keep Them alive while they take hits and they nanoblast for you :l

RemiusTA
Feb 3, 2009, 08:28 PM
Gee, i wonder why Ethan is awesome during that last PSU cutscene vs. magashi, but when he fights on my team he gets stuck in walls and swallows megid on purpose

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 3, 2009, 08:45 PM
the one that heals me the most is 470 he cast giresta a hella lot and his suv is max heal i think it went best for my techer the rest i dont wory about cause i barely get hit.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 3, 2009, 09:08 PM
NPC = meat shield

tadtwisted
Feb 3, 2009, 09:45 PM
my npc arnt bad but i dont treat them like another person, to me they are just a bonus if they hit they hit if they dont they dont. i just wish i could control their SUV and like in Star Wars Replubic Commando i can control them to step on a switch

afterthoughtz
Feb 3, 2009, 09:52 PM
I understand that they are basically "meatshields/distractions" but it'd be nice if they could of gave us some basic commands for them, but then again, if they played like real players, what would be the point of playing with friends and haveing them get that phyco wand board you was looking for months.
Oh NiceOnes! Didnt know that was you that started tgis topic, whatsup??