PDA

View Full Version : A Friend got Scammed question

taffywelsh
Feb 3, 2009, 05:49 PM
Hi a friend of mine was recently scammed through the trade window (yes she should have known better) by a guy named Steve, anyway a second friend went to his room earlier and his character was in room. He asked if he could get back the wep that was scammed and the guy said that he was a GM for PSU and gave a another gamertag telling him to pass this on so she could contact them direct.
My friend has added the name but is unable to view friends list and this person has zero gamerscore, I think this sounds suspect myself but was wondering if anyone else on here had heard of this before? Any response is welcome and thanks in advance.

Noblewine
Feb 3, 2009, 05:58 PM
Here's a link to the people you should report this to: http://help.sega.com/
Just report what happened and they'll look into it.

fighgunners
Feb 3, 2009, 06:02 PM
Steve has been at it since V1. Official Forums (PSU.com) has more Info. His gamer tag is Fear TG I believe.

JAFO22000
Feb 3, 2009, 06:02 PM
Hi a friend of mine was recently scammed through the trade window (yes she should have known better) by a guy named Steve, anyway a second friend went to his room earlier and his character was in room. He asked if he could get back the wep that was scammed and the guy said that he was a GM for PSU and gave a another gamertag telling him to pass this on so she could contact them direct.
My friend has added the name but is unable to view friends list and this person has zero gamerscore, I think this sounds suspect myself but was wondering if anyone else on here had heard of this before? Any response is welcome and thanks in advance.

You THINK this sounds suspect???!!!

fighgunners
Feb 3, 2009, 06:03 PM
You THINK this sounds suspect???!!!

It sounds like bad grammar. >_<

fay
Feb 3, 2009, 06:50 PM
im sorry but how can people even get scammed by this trade window?

you both see the items that are put up and are asked to confirm it twice before it actually goes through.
the only exception i see would be for melee weapons and their %.. at that point i wouldnt even trade by that way.

Itachi1990
Feb 3, 2009, 06:56 PM

you both see the items that are put up and are asked to confirm it twice before it actually goes through.
the only exception i see would be for melee weapons and their %.. at that point i wouldnt even trade by that way.

I think its done with lag but other then that idk how.

afterthoughtz
Feb 3, 2009, 07:02 PM

By putting your router on standby, causing severe lag

twysted
Feb 3, 2009, 08:38 PM
it was my wife that was scammed i was in the room the item was in the trade window all looked good then he was gone like logged off and the item was gone and she got nothing..

Dragwind
Feb 3, 2009, 08:44 PM
Report it to http://help.sega.com/ with as much information possible.

FEAR TG
Feb 4, 2009, 12:17 PM
Couple things first off TG in Fear TG does not stand for Trade Glitch!! Its for Top Gun its an old halo 2 thing, if you dont believe go check bungie my name has been Fear TG long before psu.

Second I have NEVER had an account at the official forums, i never use it i use psu-pedia and pso-world for my info that was NOT me.

Third i didnt recover your friends account he gave his info to lil white beast, no offense but anyone that gives out there email and password deserves to loose their stuff and sega will say its your fault.

Fourth I DON'T TRADE GLITCH WE CAN HAVE A MOD IN THE ROOM IF YOU WANT I ALWAYS OFFER THAT! What really happened was i went to trade some guy my pwand and a little money for his spear and he was in a room with 4 friends and as soon as we went to confirm he lagged out of the party chat ( obvious sign of cheating ) and took his weapon out. About 2 minutes after lagging out of the chat his friends left the chat and said that i was the one that left even though we continue to talk after he lagged out. I then told them i was gonna report them and then they ALL decided to lie about me, that is why there are a group of friends all saying i scam because they are trying to descredit me from saying they were scamming

I DO have a 5/5 Love inferno and i WILL SELL it WITH A GM in the ROOM! Im not a scammer, i have dsl and i dont even have a standby button so sorry all you people that are convinced i do, i can send you a pic of the back of my modem theres nothing.

chu-chu-chu
Feb 4, 2009, 12:52 PM
it was my wife that was scammed i was in the room the item was in the trade window all looked good then he was gone like logged off and the item was gone and she got nothing..
i wishd i had a psu wife :(

OldCoot
Feb 4, 2009, 12:55 PM

If you have a resolution set to 480P on the 360 and depending on your display, the confirm message does cover the exchange window.

kyle21
Feb 4, 2009, 01:07 PM
lol I remember the old days in PSO V1 when you had to actually drop your items on the ground for trades >_< heehee.

jShazBot
Feb 4, 2009, 11:07 PM
How would everyone here react if I said I was actually Steve?
O_O

Wait, you can scam items from people with a lag switch? I saw this cool video from household hacker on how to make a lag switch...
:P

doomkilledu
Feb 5, 2009, 12:04 AM

ya...i got scammed by him two days ago...hopefully i have get my hizeri / mind back but...w/e

FEAR TG
Feb 5, 2009, 01:36 AM
the only thing I STEVE know how to do is account recover anyones account by being in a part chat private chart party or shop with someone, its against the law though and i dont feel like being in trouble so i have never done it, however it is possible as i have tested it on my friends account with his permission, i tried to tell sega and they banned me from the forums :) gotta love them i didnt even post how to i just said i knew how and would a gm please contact me

twysted
Feb 5, 2009, 09:24 AM
Couple things first off TG in Fear TG does not stand for Trade Glitch!! Its for Top Gun its an old halo 2 thing, if you dont believe go check bungie my name has been Fear TG long before psu.

Second I have NEVER had an account at the official forums, i never use it i use psu-pedia and pso-world for my info that was NOT me.

Third i didnt recover your friends account he gave his info to lil white beast, no offense but anyone that gives out there email and password deserves to loose their stuff and sega will say its your fault.

Fourth I DON'T TRADE GLITCH WE CAN HAVE A MOD IN THE ROOM IF YOU WANT I ALWAYS OFFER THAT! What really happened was i went to trade some guy my pwand and a little money for his spear and he was in a room with 4 friends and as soon as we went to confirm he lagged out of the party chat ( obvious sign of cheating ) and took his weapon out. About 2 minutes after lagging out of the chat his friends left the chat and said that i was the one that left even though we continue to talk after he lagged out. I then told them i was gonna report them and then they ALL decided to lie about me, that is why there are a group of friends all saying i scam because they are trying to descredit me from saying they were scamming

I DO have a 5/5 Love inferno and i WILL SELL it WITH A GM in the ROOM! Im not a scammer, i have dsl and i dont even have a standby button so sorry all you people that are convinced i do, i can send you a pic of the back of my modem theres nothing.

yeah i saw it happen with my own eyes thats why her 5/10 shigga baret is in your shop atm for 20 mil then you even had the gall to say you were a gm and ask for my email and password yeah like that is ever gonna happen.. yeah im a scammer sure ....

i wishd i had a psu wife :(
not just psu wife real wife :)

Dhylec
Feb 5, 2009, 09:44 AM
Again, report to http://help.sega.com/. We can't help with your claim, the official GM will look into it.
It's also against the rules to raise personal feud in the forum. This is now closed.