PDA

View Full Version : worth it to come back?

Tech91
Feb 3, 2009, 08:52 PM
Haven't played PSU for awhile I used to play on the x360 but I got dragged into WoW by some friends. I was wondering whether people think its worth it to come back? I enjoyed the casualness the game provided and just enjoyed being able to hop on and chill with friends. Quit right after AoI came out and used to go by the name Cold/Mr. Boss/Tech so I don't know if any of you might remember me or not. Also, I was wondering if anyone knows of a kid who used to play by the name of Hewhoisshort or something along those lines, and I believe his gamertag was Light something. Just wondering if anyone has seen him around/knows if he still plays.

Phoenix148
Feb 3, 2009, 09:24 PM
yup i know him dont worry he still plays want his gamertag?

Tech91
Feb 3, 2009, 10:50 PM
Yea if you don't mind that would be awesome. Have a few friends that might start playing again and I'm sure he will remember us :p. If you could pm it to me or post it that would be great.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 3, 2009, 11:58 PM
right now would be a good time to come back you catch up on everything all in this month add me if u wanan run my gt in my sig.

neoryudo
Feb 4, 2009, 06:41 AM
is PSU worth it????

ive played the story mode and completed it ive also got the expanstion (on pc btw) and im just wondering if its worth paying to play online ive played other online games such as wow but i dnt like it, and i wana play AION :P and ive played ffXI, and was just wondering if its worth the money to play online whats it like and what do you do??? if not il try and play ff11 again???? thanks

Exolithus
Feb 4, 2009, 06:58 AM
if you like to do the same mission again and again and again and again[...] then you will like the online modus.

ofcause you can do other missions too with your friends, but the most player will be only at one lobby all the time.

so if you like the system, the offline extra modus then you will like the online modus

Freshellent
Feb 4, 2009, 07:04 AM
Yes. Some of the most fun I've ever had in a game came from this one. It's different for everyone, but the good experiences outweigh the bad ones. Play lots of different classes and stick to what you enjoy. Leveling and gearing is incredibly easy, PAs seem to be the only thing that takes a long time to level still, even with the boosted exp gains as of late. That is, if you plan on having a well rounded character with a bit to choose from other than the powerhouse PAs.

Regardless, play it, enjoy it and don't let people tell you differently.

EMPYREAN
Feb 4, 2009, 07:14 AM
u kill allmoust endless spawns of mobs in every single mission, kinda like the extra mode.
quests does not exist.
never playd FFXI but i hear that psu is allmoust the same, only not as hardcore grinding as FFXI apparently is.

population on pc/ps2 server is low, so dont expect a big comunity online.

evilives34
Feb 7, 2009, 09:14 AM
Q 1. will my cast still be there, if i reactive my account(mid 2006 is when i stopped)

Q 2. if not, will it be hard to lvl from the start again?

ashley50
Feb 7, 2009, 10:31 AM
yes it is still there...

and no, its much easier to level now compared to levelling in v1. And there's an event going on atm...

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Feb 7, 2009, 11:19 AM
If you re-activate now, yes, your characters will still be there for you. Even if you did lose your characters, the EXP spooned out from the carnival mission is nice (not to mention the room of poltys in the puzzle run to boost your PAs). From the looks of it, Segac has been on top of things in terms of updates, so now may be the best time to come back.

evilives34
Feb 7, 2009, 06:26 PM
great to know, thanks

Commodore 64
Feb 7, 2009, 11:40 PM
never playd FFXI but i hear that psu is allmoust the same, only not as hardcore grinding as FFXI apparently is.

They are as different as two online RPGs can be. PSU is incredibly fast, active, simple, with a laid-back economy based more on trades than currency, in which grinding makes up about 90% of the game.

FFXI is very modeslty paced, has an incredibly deep combat system, and a merciless economy in which trades are incredibly rare, and grinding makes up about 40% of the game.

And to the OP. Yes, now's the best time you could ever come back. The new event is a lot of fun, and makes it easy to get back all those levels you missed out on while you were gone.