PDA

View Full Version : game getting too easy?

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 3, 2009, 07:44 PM
9 days and already level 75+. Is it just me or is this game getting too easy?

ashley50
Feb 3, 2009, 07:51 PM

What does this have to do with the topic?

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 4, 2009, 12:01 AM
Yes the game has gotten easier ever since the tech boost update things have been super easy but question is that lvlv 75 from event runs or *sigh* noob beast runs?If so then meh

rayner
Feb 4, 2009, 08:13 AM
When there are events like this it is VERY easy to level. Hell if you really wanted to get it movin' it's just 60 Tickets for 350 MP if you can find 3 other people trying to level their clsss.

autumn
Feb 4, 2009, 08:28 AM
I wasted some tickets doing that earlier ^
^^;

rayner
Feb 4, 2009, 08:36 AM
I wasted some tickets doing that earlier ^
^^;

I was probably in your party, I'm trying to get my Fortetecher to lv 20, and I'm just doing Shock Staff + Poltys to level techs. I usually get 3 Zonspheres per 15 mins. I got like 8K tickets to burn :-)

Magician
Feb 4, 2009, 08:49 AM
I remember in v1 it taking almost two-hundred hours to reach level fourty-five. Twenty hours in on my third alt and I'm already there. On one hand the exp boost is a good thing as it allows the n00bs to character level briskly, giving them quick access to endgame content or allowing them to play with higher level friends who've been playing for awhile. Yet on the other hand, it cheapens the time and effort given to the game by the veterans.

These days, someone with 250-300 hours invested smartly can easily have equipment and photon art levels equal to a veteran who has invested 1000+ hours. Easy meseta makes it possible. In v1 it took me about two months to pocket one million in petty cash; during the recent Parum GBR (one month) I pocketed a stack and a half.

In short, is PSU getting easier? Yes, yes it is. But is that such a bad thing?

Barker5227
Feb 4, 2009, 08:55 AM
I agree with ashley50 and i agree with you...

...There are about 4 HARD missions in this game, which you never hear about because little kids aren't good enough to do them so they run to white beast. In that case yes, this game is to easy, there aren't any challenges besides Bladed Legacy, Mother Brain, Event mission Alpha, Event mission Beta, and a few Hive missions/AMF missions

But, yes even with those the game is pretty easy tho, meseta drops have increased so its easier to get weapons/armor
Exp boost on most missions(especially AOTI)
NPC Efficiency increase for Solo'ers
Rare missions for even more exp boost

I'd say its easier :D
But try those hard missions out sometime for real...

EDIT:what i mean by 4 HARD missions but mention about 6-8 Alpha and Beta are temporary...

Shinko
Feb 4, 2009, 09:14 AM
NPC Efficiency increase for Solo'ers

Are you sure about that? They still seem like the dumb NPC's they where since PSU 1st came out.

Barker5227
Feb 4, 2009, 09:19 AM
Are you sure about that? They still seem like the dumb NPC's they where since PSU 1st came out.

LOL i agree with you but according to PSU pedia and PSO world a few NPC's got an effenciey boost

I have only noticed that on huyga or w.e, Curtz and Tylor...

LuigiMario
Feb 4, 2009, 09:27 AM
I remember in v1 it taking almost two-hundred hours to reach level fourty-five. Twenty hours in on my third alt and I'm already there. On one hand the exp boost is a good thing as it allows the n00bs to character level briskly, giving them quick access to endgame content or allowing them to play with higher level friends who've been playing for awhile. Yet on the other hand, it cheapens the time and effort given to the game by the veterans.

These days, someone with 250-300 hours invested smartly can easily have equipment and photon art levels equal to a veteran who has invested 1000+ hours. Easy meseta makes it possible. In v1 it took me about two months to pocket one million in petty cash; during the recent Parum GBR (one month) I pocketed a stack and a half.

In short, is PSU getting easier? Yes, yes it is. But is that such a bad thing?

Old fart.

rayner
Feb 4, 2009, 09:40 AM
Old fart.

I remember having 250K before Advanced classes... and that was considered ALOT. I remember synthing 3 Bone Dances... and getting 14%, 18% & 20%... basically killed my entire savings :-(

Calsetes
Feb 4, 2009, 09:57 AM
I remember when I broke my first million.... think it was around 1-up cup or so. I also remember staying up reeeeal late the night Forte classes were brought out trying to get Hunter to 10 so I could use Fortefighter. So many people complained that it sucked because you were so much weaker than a hunter, and that's when missions were doling out maybe 15-20 MP a go......

Ah, the good old days.........

Akaimizu
Feb 4, 2009, 10:00 AM
Actually, I think they're getting a bit better with it. Yes, there are plenty of easy areas...but they do still have some more challenging areas. True, there might be only a hand-count of areas tough enough to have people who solo it, or even certain team makeups chew up a bunch of scapes. However, they do exist.

The good ol' Magashi fight is a good place to get pounded upon, even at your end game. However, that's mainly because of the numbers you are up to, the great stats and HP of each one of them, and the fact that they all do incredible damage. It's still a pretty dangerous fight, by any means.

Sakura Blast S2 is one of those easy until the very end kind of fights....however, when you have a full party, or some good protranser trap presence, that's when the difficulty drops down quickly.

I also say that if they make the next level of difficulty for the Hive areas, that'll be another fairly tough fight, with which a good party balance (and some EX traps) will help out.

You also have Carnival Challenges.

They have plenty of potential to introduce more stages to increase the ratio of *end-game* challenges. The difficulty drop and our increased abilities were already introduced some time ago, and I haven't heard of anything to increase our abilities in the pipeline....I think they're starting to concentrate more on creating bigger challenges to give our increased abilities a workout.

(For some more memory lane)
I remember it taking absolutely forever to get my first million meseta. I also remember the days that I'd pray to actually get positive meseta for completing a mission. The old PA levelling. The many many zeros you fired from guns, as a low-level gunner or a low-level advanced gunner, and you groaned inside knowing that those zeros amounted to no PA percentage gain.

Forces remember a similar experience when they started getting better wands, sometimes saying *screw it* and go for the lowest star wands they can get away with. Part of that was also due to incredible recharge costs. And of course, the old pain of levelling things like Megid.

On the other hand, some things never change. Whereever you go, you still have forum elitists who stop at nothing but to insult those who don't share their elitist ideals for gameplay. So at least you wont miss that. Even if many mobs die just as quickly to lesser-powered weapons (or your mission takes a whole extra 20-30 seconds *oh the pain*). E-peen is the only course of fun for some people. :)

rayner
Feb 4, 2009, 10:01 AM
I remember when I broke my first million.... think it was around 1-up cup or so. I also remember staying up reeeeal late the night Forte classes were brought out trying to get Hunter to 10 so I could use Fortefighter. So many people complained that it sucked because you were so much weaker than a hunter, and that's when missions were doling out maybe 15-20 MP a go......

Ah, the good old days.........

Don't forget about the PM death Rank-Penalty, man I remember I did Valley of Carnage like a mo-fo back in the day, and it was the main reason I became a Guntecher, so I could keep my PM alive during missions. Thinking about that now this game really has been in easy-mode for the last year.

Akaimizu
Feb 4, 2009, 10:12 AM
Oh. Don't forget the infamous, "I'll ruin your mission rank because I invade your party to get a quick jump to another lobby without saying anything", folks! Those were the days. And those started the beginning of everybody locking their parties.

desturel
Feb 4, 2009, 10:24 AM
Sakura Blast S2 is one of those easy until the very end kind of fights...

Since I know you play guntecher most of the time:

Killer Shot > Komazli
or if you prefer
31+ Burning Shot + Barada Banga > Komazli

As a techer, Megid or Foie gets the job done. They are only annoying when you play a fighter type. Fighmasters can use freeze traps with majarra or gravity break. Fighgunners have twin burning/Yak Banga. Fortefighters have Assault Crush. Acrofighters have Ensei-shiki, Twin Burning and Spinning Strike.

It's more of an annoyance to fight them than any difficulty, but the same can be said of any Bal Soza map.

Flowery Pursuit solo at the end is much harder than Sakura Blast. Sometimes Hill of Spores solo can be a pain as well thanks to the Kudetob pack. If you don't hide behind boxes, Seed Express can get difficult depending on your class, but lucky for the masterforces that solo there, there are boxes and walls to hide behind. :)

The only places I can think of that are difficult are only difficult if you are trying to solo. Once you add another person into the equation, they become much easier.

Calsetes
Feb 4, 2009, 10:30 AM
I actually didn't mind the people hitching a ride, and when I needed to hitch one, I'd even say something when I entered like "You mind if I help out in exchange for hitching a ride?" It's only recently that I started locking my parties.

And yeah, I remember the death penalties they had - they didn't care if you got resurrected or not, it's still a penalty unless you had a scape doll. That sucked sooooooo bad.

EMPYREAN
Feb 4, 2009, 10:41 AM
hmm dunno aboute the normal miss but this event is extremly easy.
i dont have high grinded weps or high % armour(best is 28%) but when i can solo the event puzzle miss on S whit bullets that is under lv 31, then it is imo too easy

Akaimizu
Feb 4, 2009, 10:57 AM
Since I know you play guntecher most of the time:

Killer Shot > Komazli
or if you prefer
31+ Burning Shot + Barada Banga > Komazli

Well, you should know better than I my luck with Killer Shot. I did use that strategy a bunch of times. Just wish them darn Komazli would comply to Killer shot. I hate shooting 17+ times and nothing happens. I also do use the 31+ rifle bullets. Believe me, they aren't tough tough. Just really really annoying when monster luck has it that they just plain don't want the status effects. Now compare it to pretty much anything else on the stage...which is basically asking to just plain get beat down, like the usual fare. Only possible exception is one of you simply getting pinned in a corner by the big roaches. But that's one of those, "Oh. I got caught in this. Oh well." somewhat rare occassions that are avoided most of the time.

Cracka_J
Feb 4, 2009, 11:06 AM
News flash : PSU has been on easy mode since the end of vanilla and the release of AOI.

Most either left or realized what the game was changing to and still enjoy it. Lump me in the 2nd category.

Akaimizu
Feb 4, 2009, 11:15 AM
Not really a news flash, since some of us already mentioned that. Just that we might be done with the player ups for a while and they concentrate on bringing more of the game up to speed without updating players as much.

AngelofEnders
Feb 4, 2009, 11:21 AM
They should bring back Mecha-Gar Gryphon. I don't care if it's a rehash of the PSO version, that as a fun boss.

Mr T 13
Feb 4, 2009, 12:18 PM
Why I remember back in the day when I saw a BlackBull drop. I remember giving it to Akira. I also remember how hard Seed Awakened S2 was as a level 60 Guntecher.:D I also remember level 10 resta.:-( I also remember seeing one of the first Carriguiruc boards drop.:-D I also remember how it failed.:-x Ah, the good old days.

Alnet
Feb 4, 2009, 01:07 PM
If you think the game is too easy, play Masterforce.

Better yet, CAST Masterforce. :wacko:

unicorn
Feb 4, 2009, 01:07 PM
^ ^ ^ Cast Masterforce is still too good for this easy game, lol. I can solo anything a Newman can solo, just a little slower though (not remarkably).

----

When Fortetecher and Wartecher were good types. When I was a good Guntecher besides restrictions. When Fortefighter and Fighgunners needed support. When Fighgunner was the most popular job type. When Cast FT did good damage with bows. When nothing every dropped. When Crimson Beast was the best place for MP.

I miss those days... :(

Shinko
Feb 4, 2009, 01:11 PM
LOL i agree with you but according to PSU pedia and PSO world a few NPC's got an effenciey boost

I have only noticed that on huyga or w.e, Curtz and Tylor...

Well they didn't do a good job. All of them still seem worth less... especally karen. The only ones that seem to be a bit better than the others is the ones with hp restore units because they seem to live longer. oh and the ones with the better PA's too. but the still are dumb.. they didn't fix that. The dumbest Al in any game i seen so far.

Ryno
Feb 4, 2009, 01:27 PM
how about mastering getting stacks of meseta and colleting all of 10/10 weapons ( technic, skill, buillet )
with 50% and 50% armor. and all photon arts are at 50 including bullet skill technic on all 4 chracter slots, all room decorations.
what else... there is probably more.. wait for the next update.. and more and more=P

now it's not easy.

Calsetes
Feb 4, 2009, 01:38 PM
Me getting one stack of meseta's been my challenge from day 1.

Closes I ever came was having maybe 15 mil on me? That went bye-bye when I decided a cati / skill save would be nice, and they weren't that expensive.

Slowly working my way back up there though, would be further along if base S's didn't drop in price to such low levels, but what can you do?

Shinko
Feb 4, 2009, 01:45 PM
how about mastering getting stacks of meseta and colleting all of 10/10 weapons ( technic, skill, buillet )
with 50% and 50% armor. and all photon arts are at 50 including bullet skill technic on all 4 chracter slots, all room decorations.
what else... there is probably more.. wait for the next update.. and more and more=P

now it's not easy.

That's not hard it's a job....

But if the difficulty of the enemies isn’t hard and you can beat them easy with a 10% common s rank weapons and armor then these no point in really trying to get better ones. Only reason for getting it would be to be to beat it much faster or to show off…...

The need to get better gear for survive isn’t there really

Darius_Drake
Feb 4, 2009, 01:47 PM
I can remember back when Plains Overlord was the "hotspot". Those were the days. When getting double digit mission points was unbelievable (We got 11 mission points, yeah!!!). Yeah, definitely easier to level now a days.

Mattness
Feb 4, 2009, 01:50 PM
I think that this topic and most opinions in here are a little flawed.
When has a games difficulty ever been determined by how fast a character can level up?
In all honesty, leving up a character and class isn't even half of the work you should be doing in this game. You should also be trying to make yourself a good amount of money and collecting weapons that you will use. You level up your PA's or technic abilities and THAT is where your skill is determined. I believe that what level you are in a game such as this only determines what missions you can or cannot do. It has nothing to do with skill whatsoever, Especially during an event such as this.

Midicronica
Feb 4, 2009, 01:51 PM
Back in my day we spammed Plains Overlord A for a week and a half just to buy a pair of Innocent Pants!

rayner
Feb 4, 2009, 01:56 PM
Back in my day we spammed Plains Overlord A for a week and a half just to buy a pair of Innocent Pants!

The funniest thing I remember was when I wasted like 200K on clothes and then we got our first rollback... I was actually happy about it :-)

Calsetes
Feb 4, 2009, 02:02 PM
I think that this topic and most opinions in here are a little flawed.
When has a games difficulty ever been determined by how fast a character can level up?
In all honesty, leving up a character and class isn't even half of the work you should be doing in this game. You should also be trying to make yourself a good amount of money and collecting weapons that you will use. You level up your PA's or technic abilities and THAT is where your skill is determined. I believe that what level you are in a game such as this only determines what missions you can or cannot do. It has nothing to do with skill whatsoever, Especially during an event such as this.

That's very true. For me though, I usually am on the short end of the stick when it comes to getting these rare items and such. Take for example my current measuring stick of a Degahna board and a Rattlesnake board. I've done maybe 30 or 40 missions with Degahna where it drops, haven't seen one. Done a LOT of Magas missions during the event, saw plenty of them drop (almost breaking into double digits here), but I have yet to get it when it does drop. Usually it goes to someone else, then they leave almost immediately for whatever reason. As far as making money in this game, everything I seem to find as a cash cow quickly becomes everyone's cash cow and they don't milk it a little bit and move on, they hook up about 30 shop vacs to it and suck it so dry that the bones of said cash cow are nothing but dust, and then get sucked up too.

So on that note, I've given up trying to actually go out and find rares or money, and just work on getting all my characters to 150. In that respect, this event is making it a lot easier to do, just like the expansion did when it first came out.

Sorry for the rant, just had to vent a bit (after 3-star luck and not seeing even one rattlesnake board drop all night kind of has me a bit on-edge, along with the fact that nobody seems to play anymore on the PC servers, they just kind of sit there and spam the lobby with the stupidest stuff I've ever seen).

Kylie
Feb 4, 2009, 02:03 PM
Getting too easy? I've got news for you: it's been too easy. :-P

During MAG, I got one of my alts to LV50 in five days by only playing two or three times a day. I wish they hadn't planned so many events on the expansion because a lot of people put off leveling normally because they know a boost is coming, and that really does make things too easy. Hell, a lot of people quit until the next event.

Noblewine
Feb 4, 2009, 02:45 PM
I haven't really paid attention when the difficulty shifted after the expansion. The game still has some tough spots that are fun to solo or bring some NPC along.

Actually, I think they're getting a bit better with it. Yes, there are plenty of easy areas...but they do still have some more challenging areas. True, there might be only a hand-count of areas tough enough to have people who solo it, or even certain team makeups chew up a bunch of scapes. However, they do exist.

I agree with this.

desturel
Feb 4, 2009, 02:57 PM
When nothing every dropped. When Crimson Beast was the best place for MP.

Bah, When Bruce C and Tunnel Recapture were the best places for MP.

OR

When Plains Overlord A was the best place for MP.

Zarode
Feb 4, 2009, 03:10 PM
Since when is PSU hard?

darkante
Feb 4, 2009, 03:26 PM
I can remember back when Plains Overlord was the "hotspot". Those were the days. When getting double digit mission points was unbelievable (We got 11 mission points, yeah!!!). Yeah, definitely easier to level now a days.

I remember when Tunnel Recapture C were a hotspot about when i first came online.
20 MP was it? You can bet ya ass, that i spammed it like a madman until i finally got to Ranger 10 and then moved on to Fortegunner...probably were lv 30 or something.
That really felt like an accomplishment.

I just hated that i took a break from PSU while the Firebreak event were underway, it really sounded like it were something special.
Didnīt even think about it until it were too late. :S

Akaimizu
Feb 4, 2009, 04:06 PM
Or the good ol' days when the good ol' Train mission, from Parum West was not bugged(360). People ran it as a nice quick and fun mission to get towards the Underwater Lab. And the good times of rushing with the party, to that last area, so you can get a hit on that SEED plant before it died since most parties could kill it in 5 seconds or less. :)

But even with that, many of us were getting to the currently-coded endgame real easy. Quite a few folks were still hitting the current top-limit fast and waited ages for new stuff to arrive. PAs were probably the main climb in effect. Still, we had our early days, the times when Jarbas ruled, and Hive costed parties some serious scape doll counts (if they didn't just agree to not bring scapes to save money).

Firebreak was pretty cool. One of the few times an event gave the Fighters something to sweat about. Probably the nastiest fireball damage to player HP ratio ever. Back when rifles couldn't save you, and some even went to resourceful aspects of using MayaLee Prism as a long range knockdown...to aid in giving the fighters a lane to approach and defeat the mobs. (Of course, this was still when nobody, but the crazy few who had faith in ST making them count as they levelled, used lasers).

Darius_Drake
Feb 4, 2009, 04:26 PM
You level up your PA's or technic abilities and THAT is where your skill is determined.

Even this part of the game is easier now. PA have now been given a leveling boost. The time it takes now to level any pa is no where close to what it use to be. Everything is quicker now. You can level your character quicker, this allows you to get into higher level missions, which allows you to gain the opportunity to find rarer items quicker. This results in the character possibly earning more money quicker. You can now level your pa's faster due to the boost and now your higher level characters will have higher level skills, technics, or bullets to go with that accelerated character level. Finally you have these rare missions, events and AotI missions that give a load of mission points that allow you to level your jobs faster. The bottom line is that people can basically achieve a certain level in the game in maybe 200 hours when it would have taken somebody over 1000 hours previously because of the modifications to the game. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it is a reality. I started my first character when the game first came out (as I got it on day 1). I initially made 3 characters. I didn't make my fourth character until all this new stuff came out. I have noticed the difference in time it took me to level up my last character overall compared to what I had to do for the first character. This accounts for not just overall level, but pa's and job level too.

MadDogg
Feb 4, 2009, 06:34 PM
I just miss doing labs, despite running that place like abillion times, every run was so fun back then. Flying megids everywhere, if you weren't careful the valfus will own you. It was even fun trying not to die, because god forbid you ran out of scapes and didn't notice, and you got megided, lord have mercy on your soul from the fury your teammates will unleash upon you, possibly getting the boot. Damn labs was my most favorite hotspot =(

Mikura
Feb 4, 2009, 06:48 PM
Game's gotten pretty easy now, but I'm sure they've made everything easier so 1: New players can get caught up sooner with the vets and play more endgame content with them, and 2: Most people have 4 characters per account they play as, and the adjustments made to the game over time has made it easier to get other characters caught up with your first or main character. Personally, I find none of this to be a bad thing. I rather it be "too easy" than a huge time-sink.

unicorn
Feb 4, 2009, 06:51 PM
Bah, When Bruce C and Tunnel Recapture were the best places for MP.

OR

When Plains Overlord A was the best place for MP.

Lol I remember those too... But I liked Crimson Beast more.

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 4, 2009, 07:11 PM
Haha, I posted a reply to some guy saying that he found a Red/Knight and had only been playing for 9 days. I replied saying what the first post says as Phantom Fissure S requires level 75+. Apparently, he or a mod removed that post and now this thread is 5 pages long and I was simply being sarcastic. Good to know that most of you care enough to reply though.

Arika
Feb 4, 2009, 07:45 PM
Actually, they could do just like how they did in PSP by giving us all capped at only 100, and never increase(might only give you kind of merit point to customize char/ upgrade a bit only).
it would be very decent challenge that way (lv 100 fight lv 150 monster)

Ryno
Feb 4, 2009, 07:46 PM
That's not hard it's a job....

But if the difficulty of the enemies isn’t hard and you can beat them easy with a 10% common s rank weapons and armor then these no point in really trying to get better ones. Only reason for getting it would be to be to beat it much faster or to show off…...

The need to get better gear for survive isn’t there really

and extra mode almost doing the same as online.

Woeious
Feb 4, 2009, 07:55 PM
It's been easy ever since weapons stopped actually breaking. Now very little meseta actually goes back to the game.

Back in the day you were lucky to have a single +8 or +9, let alone a +10 weapon regardless of % or type. There was a consequence for trying to push your luck too far. Unfortunately, people would cry and moan when they put their entire whopping 10k savings in to grinding so and so only to have it break and quit PSU.

Now that there is little to no consequence for grinding, combined with the S+10 incident everyone and their mother can get an army of 10/10 weapons.

I also miss rares being rare and meseta being like dollar bills instead of friggin' YEN.

TL'DR = There is no penalty for ANYTHING in this game anymore for pressing your luck or not performing a task efficently enough/dying. (sans casino gambling, luck wise) Nothing is actually rare. I'd wager just as enough people quit because of the lack of any challenge as the ones who WOULD quit if it were still even without sniffing distance of any manner of difficulty.

Sega played their card on it though, so what's done is done and pretty much everyone left who misses those days has accepted they'll never return.

Kazemi
Feb 5, 2009, 12:06 AM
Actually, they could do just like how they did in PSP by giving us all capped at only 100, and never increase(might only give you kind of merit point to customize char/ upgrade a bit only).
it would be very decent challenge that way (lv 100 fight lv 150 monster)
maybe with the supposed final cap of lv 200 they'll give us lv 250 enemies in the end.

Vent
Feb 5, 2009, 05:50 AM
I remember I cursed the amount of things in this game that were based on luck back at the vanilla version. You couldn't buy anything good at the shops. Finding materials to synth is a pain and succeeding it is another story. I was happy if I could make a Double Saber with any %, not to mention I didn't even bother grinding my weapons.

Now I think back now, those were the days that PSU was fun; you constantly had something to look for, thus giving a run through The Plains Overlord some purpose except levels and PAs. Though I still believe too many things are based on luck:
- find a weapon board (chance)
- find the materials for it (chance)
- successfully syth it (chance)
- pray for a good % (chance)
- grind it all the way up to 10 (chance)
It just isn't sane if you ask me. xD
Usually, new players won't bother with all these steps. Players that've been playing for a while will sell S-rank weapons at a very low price compared to the meseta drop rate. Getting a S-rank weapon for a new player isn't hard if you don't care buying from other people. Though recently, I decided not to buy any weapons or equipment from other players anymore. It feels like cheating.

When AotI came, I blessed Just Attack. Now I look back to it, it threw the balance off not only the stages, but classes too. Only fighters get too benefit from that. Although the nostalgic feeling of PSO's 'hard attack' is great at first, it isn't the same after a while.

And no penalties?...yeah I agree. When my friend plays with me, he doesn't even bring any scape dolls. Why would you use them if the other player could just Giresta you? Taking Scape Dolls with you seems to be the norm in PSU. But there's actually no need for them. Moon Atomizers are way cheaper. Hmm...was there any penalty for dying in PSOBB except 5% synchro loss on your mag? I do remember losing 50k exp at max, but I haven't noticed that in a while now...

darkante
Feb 5, 2009, 06:02 AM
I remember I cursed the amount of things in this game that were based on luck back at the vanilla version. You couldn't buy anything good at the shops. Finding materials to synth is a pain and succeeding it is another story. I was happy if I could make a Double Saber with any %, not to mention I didn't even bother grinding my weapons.

Now I think back now, those were the days that PSU was fun; you constantly had something to look for, thus giving a run through The Plains Overlord some purpose except levels and PAs. Though I still believe too many things are based on luck:
- find a weapon board (chance)
- find the materials for it (chance)
- successfully syth it (chance)
- pray for a good % (chance)
- grind it all the way up to 10 (chance)
It just isn't sane if you ask me. xD
Usually, new players won't bother with all these steps. Players that've been playing for a while will sell S-rank weapons at a very low price compared to the meseta drop rate. Getting a S-rank weapon for a new player isn't hard if you don't care buying from other people. Though recently, I decided not to buy any weapons or equipment from other players anymore. It feels like cheating.

When AotI came, I blessed Just Attack. Now I look back to it, it threw the balance off not only the stages, but classes too. Only fighters get too benefit from that. Although the nostalgic feeling of PSO's 'hard attack' is great at first, it isn't the same after a while.

And no penalties?...yeah I agree. When my friend plays with me, he doesn't even bring any scape dolls. Why would you use them if the other player could just Giresta you? Taking Scape Dolls with you seems to be the norm in PSU. But there's actually no need for them. Moon Atomizers are way cheaper. Hmm...was there any penalty for dying in PSOBB except 5% synchro loss on your mag? I do remember losing 50k exp at max, but I haven't noticed that in a while now...

Hehe, just for lolz..Sega should remove the Scape Dolls.
That way, teamwork will matter more.
Soloing would be a nightmare then (close combat with megid foes and no vijrei/resist), but people keep insisting the game is too easy..why not i say.

DesuJet
Feb 5, 2009, 06:37 AM

How 'bout you try getting to 150 by doing nothing but Seabed S2, scrub. That's if you wanna know what it was like almost two years ago.

Vent
Feb 5, 2009, 07:18 AM
Hehe, just for lolz..Sega should remove the Scape Dolls.

Just for lolz? They should remove them from the stores. You never see people in PSOBB running around with scape dolls in a run that they can clear pretty easily. Dying by chance is just a waste of a scape doll. You better save those for Falz or Olga. Scape Dolls there can only be obtained by drops.

If you remove them from the shops, the only way to obtain them is through drops or craft them. (if scape dolls stubbornly stays the norm, think how expensive Omega Acids will become).

Arika
Feb 5, 2009, 07:43 AM
maybe with the supposed final cap of lv 200 they'll give us lv 250 enemies in the end.
but at this speed they give us only few S3 mission per months. it is going to be too late. they should have stopped cap at 100 since the old day :/

Inazuma
Feb 5, 2009, 01:22 PM
i think we should at least have the option to be challenged. right now players are lv 170 and monsters are lv 140-160 or so. where is the mission w/ lv 250 monsters? how bout lv 300? even lv 200 monsters arent available to fight.

the only way to fight monsters a decent amount higher than you is to create a new char and join an S2 mission right when you hit the minimum level req. so for example, you could join seed express S2 at lv 100 and be able to fight lv 160 monsters. unfortunately, even monsters 60 levels above you is way too easy. another problem is, the game punishes the player for seeking a challenge. unless you are within 30 levels of the monsters, you will get an exp penalty! seriously wtf!

by the time you are within 30 levels of the monsters, its far too easy. and thanks to this stupid rule, we wont ever have a mission w/ monsters over 30 levels from the level cap either. so from start to finish, there is no chance for any challenge.

what i think ST should do is remove the exp penalty BS, remove all level reqs for missions, and release all missions up to S5 rank. that way players will have the option of challenge, and also they will be rewarded for overcoming that challenge.

Calsetes
Feb 5, 2009, 01:35 PM
Ok, does this penalty get lower even after you're within 30 levels of the monsters? I'm only asking because I'm level 137 or so now, and I've noticed that the S-rank event mission monsters are giving me more and more XP as I go up in level, even though I'm within the magical 30-level span. Is that true with all mobs, or is it just something for the event?

darkante
Feb 5, 2009, 03:07 PM
Just for lolz? They should remove them from the stores. You never see people in PSOBB running around with scape dolls in a run that they can clear pretty easily. Dying by chance is just a waste of a scape doll. You better save those for Falz or Olga. Scape Dolls there can only be obtained by drops.

If you remove them from the shops, the only way to obtain them is through drops or craft them. (if scape dolls stubbornly stays the norm, think how expensive Omega Acids will become).

Scape dolls are still easy to obtain in PSO, but yes i donīt carry them either on easier mission as i can easiely just get to the same position very fast if i die.
Ryuker/Telepipes = Scape Doll not really needed.

I think the Scape dolls in PSU should be erased all together.

Calsetes
Feb 5, 2009, 03:21 PM
I think they should keep Scape Dolls. Everyone makes mistakes, and not everyone has max level, best armor at 50% element for every enemy type out there, and all that jazz. I still die quite a bit at times, simply because my guy can't do everything, and I'm not someone who goes out there and says "these are the best 2 PAs, I'm going to use nothing but them!" Sorry if it seems like a bit of a rant (it kind of is), but just because you don't need scape dolls doesn't mean everyone should go without. Just don't carry them on you is all, if you want more of a challenge.