PDA

View Full Version : Give To Finder Scam

Beekeeper
Feb 4, 2009, 08:27 AM
I join a party last night to do the Bonus Alpha mission and the leader and I entered and he set the Rare Distribution to In Order. Then he gave the leader role to a friend that was outside still and when he entered he was able to change the option to Give To Finder. Even if you Leave Party at this point, you have already been charged the 60 tickets. These two then race to pick up every thing of valve. Watch out for anyone changing leader at the beginning. I was already out of the party before I got their Gamertag IDs.

Barker5227
Feb 4, 2009, 08:40 AM
I join a party last night to do the Bonus Alpha mission and the leader and I entered and he set the Rare Distribution to In Order. Then he gave the leader role to a friend that was outside still and when he entered he was able to change the option to Give To Finder. Even if you Leave Party at this point, you have already been charged the 60 tickets. These two then race to pick up every thing of valve. Watch out for anyone changing leader at the beginning. I was already out of the party before I got their Gamertag IDs.

Impossible, once the mission has started you cannot change the drop order, especially in the bonus mission where you CANNOT start the mission without everybody in the mission counter, then once the mission is started you CANNOT change the drop order because EVERYBODY goes into the mission and it cannot be left. Even so, be aware of the drop order before continuing, and also, so what, just play their game, run up and walk against every monster and pretend to attack and just check ever rare that drops...

RikaPSOW
Feb 4, 2009, 08:42 AM
Impossible, once the mission has started you cannot change the drop order, especially in the bonus mission where you CANNOT start the mission without everybody in the mission counter, then once the mission is started you CANNOT change the drop order because EVERYBODY goes into the mission and it cannot be left. Even so, be aware of the drop order before continuing, and also, so what, just play their game, run up and walk against every monster and pretend to attack and just check ever rare that drops...

Not impossible. You can change how stuff is distributed in the counter. If this is possible with the bonus mission, I'm not sure, but it can be changed during normal missions. If you can't start the mission unless everyone is in the counter, then I guess it may not be possible.

rayner
Feb 4, 2009, 08:44 AM

Yeah, you can't even start the bonus mission unless everyone is at the counter?

Barker5227
Feb 4, 2009, 08:48 AM
Not impossible. You can change how stuff is distributed in the counter. If this is possible with the bonus mission, I'm not sure, but it can be changed during normal missions. If you can't start the mission unless everyone is in the counter, then I guess it may not be possible.

You are probably right actually, i usually solo or only run with my good friends so i never run into any trouble with item scammers or have to go back and change drop order...

Never the less, the Bonus mission cant be started til everybody is in the counter and also, it can't be joined as the kid "old school" said he did...and it can't be left ither or else you are removed from party...

Powder Keg
Feb 4, 2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah, you can't even start the bonus mission unless everyone is at the counter?

I thought this was the case, and once the mission is started, everyone immediately teleports to the start area.

landman
Feb 4, 2009, 12:53 PM
You can get their gamertags after leaving the party, check your "recent players" list in the guide menu

Delete
Feb 4, 2009, 03:25 PM
Thats not really scamming....... more like just being sneaky.

shadowsniper6
Feb 4, 2009, 10:11 PM
lost tickets? you cant start the mission when somebody is out of the counter anyway with a normal mission all you have to do is walk out of the mission and go to the counter and change it .. its eazy ... you can do it when its started already