PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Rattlesnake / Killer Elite drop

Calsetes
Feb 4, 2009, 01:44 PM
Alright, for those of you who play the JP version of PSU, I was wondering about the drop rates between a Rattlesnake and a Killer Elite? I'm assuming the KE will need Par Ork which will probably be nigh-impossible to acquire, but I know that the RS has a pretty low drop rate for the board. I was just curious as to how hard one is to get compared to the other, should I worry about trying to get an RS that much, things like that. Ideally, I'd like to have one of each, but since I'm not rolling in money, I'd just like to know for future planning (as I play on the US servers).

Any input on this would be appreciated a lot, thanks. Oh, and I do have a cast for the KE, in case anyone mentions that in comparison, so no issue there.

Neith
Feb 4, 2009, 01:56 PM
Alright, for those of you who play the JP version of PSU, I was wondering about the drop rates between a Rattlesnake and a Killer Elite? I'm assuming the KE will need Par Ork which will probably be nigh-impossible to acquire, but I know that the RS has a pretty low drop rate for the board. I was just curious as to how hard one is to get compared to the other, should I worry about trying to get an RS that much, things like that. Ideally, I'd like to have one of each, but since I'm not rolling in money, I'd just like to know for future planning (as I play on the US servers).

Any input on this would be appreciated a lot, thanks. Oh, and I do have a cast for the KE, in case anyone mentions that in comparison, so no issue there.

No, Killer Elite will use Par Walna, not Ork. Ork is used for 13-15* items (Killer Elite is 12*, so will use 7 Par Walna). As for droprates, I can't help you there as I play the US version too.

LoneDespo
Feb 4, 2009, 02:11 PM
I'm assuming the KE will need Par Ork which will probably be nigh-impossible to acquire, but I know that the RS has a pretty low drop rate for the board.
Why would a 12* branded rifle need 12*+ mats?

Rattlesnake boards dropped 20m to 1m once Shred the Darkness came around. It was a drop from S2 Fakis (170) I don't know how it'll come into play for the US, but I imagine they'll be going pretty cheaply by the end of the event.

As for the KE, it first dropped in The Protectors δ S2 from Dark Phallus Falz. I can't say too much about it as I didn't really run it much, but they were going for a good bit of cash since they were relatively rare and runs took a long time to complete. I wouldn't get my hopes up until after MAG+ rolls around if I were you.
At the moment, they're going 12m+ for an unbroken, while destroyed (1/1, etc) are going for 2-3m.

Calsetes
Feb 4, 2009, 02:12 PM
Ah, ok. My mistake, thought it was 13 star. I forgot that the only S-rank rifles (aside from the Yohmei one) are the Blackbull and Rattlesnake, so that's only 10 and 11. Well, at least that makes it a BIT easier to make if and when I find one.

Edit: Alright, that's cool. I'm going to be anxiously awaiting when they drop that low, assuming I don't find one in between now and then. Either way it's not a huge deal, my 2 Blackbulls are doing just fine on their own. Thanks for the info, guys.

Csero
Feb 5, 2009, 10:31 PM
12 Mil for an unbroken Killer Elite isn't too bad IMHO.

Of course that's jp servers, everyone on the regional servers like to bend you over a table whenever they can, so it'll probably be like 50 mil for an unborken one <<

_Vyser_
Feb 5, 2009, 10:37 PM
12 Mil for an unbroken Killer Elite isn't too bad IMHO.

Of course that's jp servers, everyone on the regional servers like to bend you over a table whenever they can, so it'll probably be like 50 mil for an unborken one <<

Truth...unfortunately...And this is the reason why I hunt for most rares by myself, or with close friends.

Zorak000
Feb 7, 2009, 08:33 AM
Rattlesnake boards dropped 20m to 1m once Shred the Darkness came around. It was a drop from S2 Fakis (170) I don't know how it'll come into play for the US, but I imagine they'll be going pretty cheaply by the end of the event.note to self: sell any rattlesnake boards I find.